Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Very good Mr Gustav Hartmann.
You're a science guy. You know how to measure human necks, how to compress them, how to measure ropes, how certain knots are more effective for certain effects than others yada yada.
Since my book is going to take a year or maybe more to write, I'll probably learn some of that too, but If I fail and make a
"mediocre" book, then you can download my book and add detail to that mediocrity. making it less mediocre,
and some other guy then can also redowownload it , and add even more detail to it. From a stick man
it will become Mona Lisa in no time. You can write your nickname in the credits page, even in the cover if you want.

In my book sweet spot will mean the pressure that you neck needs for = dizziness before fainting/syncope
But it will also mean the feeling itself. I don't see any point in separating the two. When
you've touched your "sweet spot" a second later you also get the dizzy feeling, right?
If you don't, then your sweet spot is something else, different from mine
it's your jugular spot, or your 30 seconds to faint spot.

Frankly spoken, I don´t know what sweet spot means and I never hanged partial. I was often hanged completely by a partner until I pass out what happens regular within 5 to 15 seconds.

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
Frankly spoken, I don´t know what sweet spot means and I never hanged partial. I was often hanged completely by a partner until I pass out what happens regular within 5 to 15 seconds.
If you pass out in 5 or 15 seconds why is avoid full feet on air, is because of the death penalty? The fear of pain?

D

Deleted member 847

it might be uncomfortable.
I've never tried full suspension.I have no idea how it would feel. The only thing I know is that your whole body will press on your neck with full.
I did a partial that became a full when I was already unconscious.
It's all I can tell you know.
and obviously the biggest disadvantage is that you can't change your mind. I changed my mind, but the dizziness didn't care about my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
A shibari rope 5 mm wide is enough for partial at least or isn't recommend?

D

Deleted member 847

A shibari rope 5 mm wide is enough for partial at least or isn't recommend?
Most suicide by hanging cases used a 10+mm nylon rope
How long is your rope?
Google says a 6mm rope of that type can hold 20kg per meter
How much do you weight?

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
48 kg / 108 lbs, 1.49 m tall
Rope is 10 meters according to online shop

D

Deleted member 847

48 kg / 108 lbs, 1.49 m tall
Rope is 10 meters according to online shop
I think I've read somewhere that these ropes break at 100kg if the quality isn't good
You do weight less than that, and partial suspension doesn't even use all of your body weight

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Yes, they banned me for years because I said swear words or something on a "meme" thread :pfff:
I don't even know who's in charge of the forum now, but they were kind enough to unban me.
I thought I was seeing things.

Welcome back!, even though it's a ctb forum, but still welcome!

D

Deleted member 847

I thought I was seeing things.

Welcome back!, even though it's a ctb forum, but still welcome!
Thanks. But they might ban me again. I used the word "fuck" in the off topic.
For a moment I hesitated, but after a second of thought I realized that there was no other way to efficiently communicate that idea.
Maybe this time I'll be banned for 10 years instead of just 4. :pfff:

(I'm joking, mods, have mercy)

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
That´s interesting, I thought the sweet point is a point on ones neck but according to your words it is a point in time.

Coming to your book. There are more factors than a photo can tell, like neck diameter, diameter of the ligature, body weight, type of knot, knot position, duration of hanging etc.
I just tried it and I can say if you get it right is extremely quick I was out before I even felt any pressure on my head.

Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow and jcksonb22
sophie22German

sophie22German

Sabrina - Love of my life. We'll meet again
Jun 18, 2022
It might be a stupid question, but I'm pretty new in this topic. What is more reliable? Partial or full hanging? I fear to fuck up partial because of possible survival instincts

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
i have this nautical rope with 10mm thickness bought about two years ago, i am still planning my ctb.
vDzEJyT.jpg

Reactions: Worndown
sophie22German

sophie22German

Jun 18, 2022
Full suspension. Maybe try to compress the arteries before kicking the chair by kneeling on it like (one leg kneels in the air) I did. It's the only method that is completely resistant to convulsions. (I've seen some "hanging" videos in the past, and the convulsions can be pretty violent for a minute or two. I don't think hanging by sitting from a doorknob will work). I do have a thin neck. I don't know how this would work for big necks.

duvy54zq
I see. How important is the hight?

sophie22German

sophie22German

Jun 18, 2022
I had thought of a bigger hight to make sure my neck breaks

D

Deleted member 847

I had thought of a bigger hight to make sure my neck breaks
I think it's too risky if you're not a professional.
Execution hangings are usually done very meticulously to achieve that "instant death"
There's some math involved

I can't really give you any advice on that since it's beyond my knowledge , really I barely know what it is other than
"it breaks your neck and you're dead in one second"
I can tell you if I wanted to try that method I wouldn't do it without paying someone first to make the set up for me.

sophie22German

sophie22German

Jun 18, 2022
OK I understand that. I thought of hanging from an electricity pole. I live in the mountains so I know how to climb on one and I have long enough ropes. But now I have second thoughts

Reactions: c-n
BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
Oh my gosh, my shibari ropes arrived
In theory was to practice self bondage but why lying to myself, I bought for hanging
That rope is soooo long, 10 meters / 32 feet
I don't know how Can I make a noose with that
I didn't decide to die yet but it's tempting me, surely

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I don't know if I too can switch to the shibari rope, my nautical rope would be perfect but it is very hard and painful in the neck: during a full suspension attempt it crushed me like a snake.

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
The anchor point shouldn't be too tall, if you drop from a tall anchor point it might break your neck.
It should just be tall enough for your feet to barely be suspended in the air.
Can I achieve that with partial hanging in a closet bar? Or it would be better in a tree with low branch?
FYI I'm 1.48 / 4.ft woman

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
If it bent immediately I'll try in a forest or something
I don't want any problem with the landlady
Anyway, my rope is long enough for full I guess, but I don't know what noose use

T

TamaTagge

May 19, 2021
Hello people.

I have question. If i go to wood alone, how to find proper tree? What should i watch. Do any tree work?

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I have some numbing cream, the sort you use for getting a tattoo, easy to buy or at least it was. Do you think this would be a good idea to use in case of the rope burning/cutting into your neck, just a thought...

Reactions: BasqueClown
anerirkateti

anerirkateti

smells bad
Jun 21, 2022
Okay so I can find the "sweet spot" with my hands, sorta in the way that you check your pulse(thanks mayoclinic). What I don't get is how to position yourself and the loop of the rope on your neck in such a way that it compresses the carotids without restricting breathing.

While testing with a rope, I haven't been able to actually produce the same effect of hypoxia that I could with my hands. Anyone got any tips?

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@anerirkateti I can't even do it with my hands, maybe am not trying hard enough although it feels like I am. Do you have to be really strong.

What's the best way to safely test out this method so you get used to the feeling (with a rope)?

Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
Okay so I can find the "sweet spot" with my hands, sorta in the way that you check your pulse(thanks mayoclinic). What I don't get is how to position yourself and the loop of the rope on your neck in such a way that it compresses the carotids without restricting breathing.

While testing with a rope, I haven't been able to actually produce the same effect of hypoxia that I could with my hands. Anyone got any tips?
The last time I attempted hanging I followed instructions I found which said to lean so you're kind of leaning diagonally rather than pulling your body weight down. I felt like this was the closest I had gotten as I felt like although my windpipe was compressed, it wasn't crushed to the point I couldn't breathe.. and I felt like there was enough pressure on either side of my neck to affect the carotids. Personally I've never passed out or fainted ever in my life so I don't know what it feels like or accurately how close I was to passing out but at one point I felt my fingertips tingling, my vision went a bit fuzzy and I felt a warm sensation.. but my thoughts were still racing and I kept thinking 'oh, is this it? Is it working? I didn't feel this before.. I think this is it' and I worked myself up to the point of scaring myself and I backed out. I've only ever got that close when I've leaned first rather than hanged. I assume at the point of unconsciousness, the body would then drop from the leaning position into a hanging one and then.. yeah. Just my experience anyway.

Reactions: Never lived, BasqueClown and MindFrog
anerirkateti

anerirkateti

smells bad
Jun 21, 2022
The last time I attempted hanging I followed instructions I found which said to lean so you're kind of leaning diagonally rather than pulling your body weight down. I felt like this was the closest I had gotten as I felt like although my windpipe was compressed, it wasn't crushed to the point I couldn't breathe.. and I felt like there was enough pressure on either side of my neck to affect the carotids. Personally I've never passed out or fainted ever in my life so I don't know what it feels like or accurately how close I was to passing out but at one point I felt my fingertips tingling, my vision went a bit fuzzy and I felt a warm sensation.. but my thoughts were still racing and I kept thinking 'oh, is this it? Is it working? I didn't feel this before.. I think this is it' and I worked myself up to the point of scaring myself and I backed out. I've only ever got that close when I've leaned first rather than hanged. I assume at the point of unconsciousness, the body would then drop from the leaning position into a hanging one and then.. yeah. Just my experience anyway.
Yeah that's my gripe with the partial suspension since it's a bit tricky to compress the carotids without crushing the windpipe. The night-night method seems like an easy solution since you are essentially simulating two big hands squeezing your neck.

As for passing out, personally whenever I stand up real quick, I start to see "tv static" in my vision while simultaneously wobbling. Never actually passed out aside from a Diphenhydramine OD, that situation I have no memory of at all except for when I took it.

Reactions: Mr. Incapable
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Yeah that's my gripe with the partial suspension since it's a bit tricky to compress the carotids without crushing the windpipe. The night-night method seems like an easy solution since you are essentially simulating two big hands squeezing your neck.

As for passing out, personally whenever I stand up real quick, I start to see "tv static" in my vision while simultaneously wobbling. Never actually passed out aside from a Diphenhydramine OD, that situation I have no memory of at all except for when I took it.
I should've mentioned that the instructions I followed said to place the ligature below the Adam's apple (so between the Adam's apple and base of the neck) and this avoids crushing the windpipe as opposed to when placing the ligature above the Adam's apple / below the jaw. While I agree with the instructions I found, I didn't feel crushed, only compressed, I did wonder how effective it was hitting my carotids because I didn't know if the ligature was then below the 'sweet spot' of the arteries or not.

I agree with you that the night-night method sounds easier in theory, I suppose it's the same or similar as ligature strangulation (I recently saw a story about an American girl who committed suicide in her car via ligature strangulation). My only insecurity is if something was to go wrong like the ligature becoming loose as it's not anchored or tied to something. I keep trying to remind myself that hanging is possible and the only reason I'm failing is because of me and not the method itself.. It's probably due to me not pushing hard enough or not doing more to make it work as so many people globally, every year are able to succeed with it.. young, old, men, women, abled and disabled.. there doesn't seem to be any limitations on who can do it.. just who is brave enough to endure a few uncomfortable moments. That's what I try to remind myself anyway because I need to get this to work, and soon!

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
is there a way to limit severe neck pain during full suspension?
and if I lose consciousness is death assured?

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
Is a slipknot enough to hold my weight in full suspension from q tree?
My rope is shibari/bondage one 10 meters long but doesn't say anything about weight limit
I'm 48 kg

Reactions: Worndown
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Being suspended in the air by a few centimeters, maybe a meter should be good enough to remove that risk.
I believe this definitely makes partial a more successful method for sure - the buttocks raised at least a metre from the ground because convulsions or movement of the legs seems less likely to move, hold or support the body against the full unconscious weight of the main upper body. The unconscious weight will always be heavier and harder to move than an unconscious convulsion, in my opinion.

It's no doubt that full suspension will always be more lethal, but I've looked at many different statistics online and the majority seem to note that partial hangings were more common than full suspensions - I'm sure this probably differs country by country though. For example I've seen two specific studies from India and full suspension seems most common there - one study of suicides resulting in death saw 80% of the subjects do full suspension, and a second study of attempted suicides resulting in hospital admission saw 80% of the subjects partially suspended (although it didn't specify the circumstances of how they were discovered, if they did it while they weren't home alone, if the ligature broke etc). I live in the U.K and I'm 6ft tall but there isn't a room I would be able to fully suspend from without my feet touching the ground once you've considered how much rope there would be between the anchor and after it's tightened around the neck. At least for someone my height, the ceilings and door frames just aren't tall enough. The only possible way I could fully suspend at home would be to open the attic and tie my ligature to one of the roof beams. I assume some people would be able to fully suspend from a stair beam / rail if they have them, but how common that would be I'm uncertain. The majority of U.K hangings seem to be done at home, followed by wooded areas or parks so I would also assume most of those were partially done, too. It's difficult to say for certain as these specific studies on suicides, that are accessible online, are few and far in between so a lot of the information needs to be or can be inferred from other reports. I like to look at individual cases because you're able to get a lot more background information about the circumstances surrounded the death, what led up to it, where and how it occurred. I've read a lot of these on judiciary.uk (you can search suicide in the search bar and click on the link for Suicides since 2015). While many cases on there will note 'Suspension by neck / by ligature', it rarely specifies whether it was full or partial suspension, but it does occasionally use language which indicates the method, for example, 'discovered slumped on the floor'. Unfortunately, these days they block out and censor a lot of information. I don't know if they caught wind that people with suicidal ideation had been accessing, reading and potentially becoming influenced by the reports, but many of the older reports are uncensored.

I plan to leave by partial hanging but I intend for my knees to be raised from the ground. I have a set up in my closet which is not tall enough for me to stand under the bar, but tall enough for my buttocks and knees to be raised off the ground. I don't believe the convulsions would be strong enough to manipulate my body in a way that would support my unconscious weight and prevent me from dying. My bar is a solid piece of metal so it's unlikely to bend and it's fixed quite strong to the wall. As a precaution I did cut some wooden beams to go underneath each end of the bar just to give it additional support. I just need the courage now.

Last edited: