E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
How do I hang myself sitting down? Is it even realistically possible?

heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
Would I make noise when doing this? I don't know any place to tie the rope besides from my bed but I share a room with someone so it's risky. I plan to do it in motels but I'm not sure if I can find a place to tie my rope and might just waste money.

E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
How do I do partial right? I have attempted 10 fucking times and I'm fucking tired of failing. Fuck my life. I'm losing my patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: SadPsych
Britvik

Britvik

Pro-choice
Mar 1, 2022
How do I do partial right? I have attempted 10 fucking times and I'm fucking tired of failing. Fuck my life. I'm losing my patience.
It's been recommended by some that a belt is used and a small box/object placed on either side of the neck, over the carotid arteries, (large red vessels on the photo): 4125F9EC B78A 48C4 AE45 045BDFECB5F0
The boxes (or other suitable objects) cause more pressure to be applied in the desired place.

• Informative
Reactions: Hurt and Julgran
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
"you pass out in seconds" bullshit
I can't even make myself dizzy

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: wonderworld, ShornSoloists, eLdus and 2 others
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Hey guys. Can anyone please help me out?
So I have this pullup bar in my room. I am 175cm tall, about 70-75kg in weight. This pullup bar is veryyy sturdy, mounted into the wall.

I wanna hang myself, either partially or fully. Whichever fits best here.

Can anyone please recommend the type of rope to use (does it matter that much, seeing people did it through clothes, belts and shoelaces?), length and thickness, and how should I go about it? I've read the thread, 1m in length and 10mm thick rope is usually recommended, but I wanna be sure 100%.

How does one hang themselves from this pullup bar? Also would like to know what people mean by "rope not stretching." Does it need to be like super inflexible (like marine rope?) or what? That part I don't get. I am worried 1 meter wouldn't be enough. Should I get 2m of rope or go for 1? Or do I measure the pullup bar - floor length first and THEN decide?

Here's pics of the pullup bar and my VERY ROUGH drawings of possible method.\

Thank you.

Attachments

• photo_2022-03-18_10-19-18.jpg
    photo_2022-03-18_10-19-18.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 0
  • sketch.png
    sketch.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • sketch2.png
    sketch2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • sketch3.png
    sketch3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Aww..
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Shu
Mrikaii

Mrikaii

Feb 15, 2022
Does anyone else start panicking/hyperventilating when pressing against their carotid artery? I can't seem to get any symptoms other than that

• Informative
Reactions: Hurt
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
Is it supposed to hurt? The last time I tried partial I think I got pretty close but it hurt, a lot.

F

FogFilledLife

Student
Jan 6, 2022
Is it supposed to hurt? The last time I tried partial I think I got pretty close but it hurt, a lot.
Mine didn't hurt much. I tried for over an hour and didn't come close to losing conciousness, only tingling throughout my whole body. Tried kneeling, sitting and standing with two different supports and three different lengths. Positioned it on every spot of my neck and almost all different angles. Tried from tight enough I could barely get it around my head to loose enough to slip out.

Didn't hurt more than a slight pinch really. Leaned as far as possible too.

Two days later and the only difference is I'm coughing. Yesterday i'd wheeze when breathing out from my mouth, but not today as much. Only a bit itchy/scratchy now.

E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
Mine didn't hurt much. I tried for over an hour and didn't come close to losing conciousness, only tingling throughout my whole body. Tried kneeling, sitting and standing with two different supports and three different lengths. Positioned it on every spot of my neck and almost all different angles. Tried from tight enough I could barely get it around my head to loose enough to slip out.

Didn't hurt more than a slight pinch really. Leaned as far as possible too.

Two days later and the only difference is I'm coughing. Yesterday i'd wheeze when breathing out from my mouth, but not today as much. Only a bit itchy/scratchy now.
Same, I tried in basically every position but couldn't make it work, my latest attempt was the closest to succeeding.

sealbabies

sealbabies

Student
Mar 27, 2022
Maybe I'm stupid, but since I have a place in the park at night and some 3/4" hemp rope...full suspension only makes sense.
Wish I could do a full drop hanging, but it will probably be a simple suspension due to me usually defaulting to error.
I'm currently under 120 lbs, though I will be wearing a heavy leather jacket.
If anyone can point out what's really off, I welcome it.
Thank you for any consideration.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shu
Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022
Maybe I'm stupid, but since I have a place in the park at night and some 3/4" hemp rope...full suspension only makes sense.
Wish I could do a full drop hanging, but it will probably be a simple suspension due to me usually defaulting to error.
I'm currently under 120 lbs, though I will be wearing a heavy leather jacket.
If anyone can point out what's really off, I welcome it.
Thank you for any consideration.
I think full appeals to me because once you're suspended, you can't back out, as long as there's nothing near to you to grab on to, which there won't be - I may handcuff my hands behind my back too - I'm so sick of thinking about all this shit - I just want to get it over with

LeapOfFaith

LeapOfFaith

Jul 16, 2020
I think full appeals to me because once you're suspended, you can't back out, as long as there's nothing near to you to grab on to, which there won't be - I may handcuff my hands behind my back too - I'm so sick of thinking about all this shit - I just want to get it over with
I feel you. I am the same. I have been considering this for a while now. I just want to leave this world. We never asked to be born, yet we are expected to live happily 80+ years. I am considering using alcohol to numb the pain but I do not know if that would be enough, I just want to stop my suffering.

Reactions: Antiquated and eternalflame
Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022
I feel you. I am the same. I have been considering this for a while now. I just want to leave this world. We never asked to be born, yet we are expected to live happily 80+ years. I am considering using alcohol to numb the pain but I do not know if that would be enough, I just want to stop my suffering.
I plan to use alcohol, Xanax, Oxycodone, liquid morphine, diphenhydramine and mirtazapine, so I am sedated as much as possible.

soakmeinbleach

soakmeinbleach

[he/him] everyone loves you... once you leave them
Feb 10, 2020
it just makes my head feel like its gonna explode:(

T

tym

Feb 5, 2022
If partial is the way you like to go, you can check out the Nite Nite thread. The short version, is finding both carotid artery first. Its just one either side of your windpipe. You have two, one on oneside of the windpipe, the second on the other side. Using two fingers practice finding them, You will feel a pluse. Now kinda press hard and if you have both sides right oh you will know it.

Second make sure you have a plan B. A large plastic bag under what ever your gonna use to block both arties. There have been a few that survived, because they did it wrong, and didnt use a plastic bag.

What ever method you use, research, practice, and consider how it could fail and what other ways to make sure it dosent. I even thought about using a small piece of rope with slip knots behind my back just to keep my body from trying to save my behind.

At the moment, Nite Nite is Plan B. If I can find the right spot, jumping would be my first choice, has to be super high, and not over water. Im looking around my area see what I can find. Someplace where they may NEVER find my body. But if no luck, its nite nite for me.

Reactions: hellispink and eternalflame
E

eternalflame

Experienced
Mar 30, 2022
Well you have to go to Papua New Guinea or some Brasil jungle to not be found, don't waste your time with that like i did.
Is hangman's knot bad for partial, they reccomend slipknot but will there be problems with dying?

issei123

issei123

Apr 8, 2022
there is no secret, just make the gallows knot and guarantee that it won't be found, if the SN doesn't work I'll adhere to this method for sure

Reactions: eternalflame
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
I have attempted partial hanging in just about every position imaginable but I can't make myself pass out. I've attempted probably 15 times by now. I've gotten close but not enough to lose consciousness. I've tried sitting down. I've tried kneeling. I've tried with the ligature above and below my adam's apple, no success. There is clearly something I'm not doing right but idk what.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
there is no secret, just make the gallows knot and guarantee that it won't be found, if the SN doesn't work I'll adhere to this method for sure
There is a secret.. It's called Air duster/Canned Air. If I decide to hang myself 1. Put my head in the noose. 2. Huff the air duster, breathe out, Huff it again, breathe out I would keep doing this with no breath in-between and eventually black out without even realizing it and falling into the noose.

• Wow
Reactions: Acceptance and Worndown
issei123

issei123

Apr 8, 2022
There is a secret.. It's called Air duster/Canned Air. If I decide to hang myself 1. Put my head in the noose. 2. Huff the air duster, breathe out, Huff it again, breathe out I would keep doing this with no breath in-between and eventually black out without even realizing it and falling into the noose.
ok this is a true

georgecostanza

georgecostanza

Mar 6, 2022
what's the air duster supposed to achieve?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Oxygen deprivation.

• Informative
Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112 and OnlyTheWind
A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
I just tried something recently.

I had always tried to practice hanging by putting a belt on my neck, sitting or laying down on a bed, and trying to pull the belt upwards and backwards with my hands to create pressure. Occasionally, I felt I started to blackout, but more often nothing happened, and it was not reassuring at all.

But recently I tried something else: I threw the belt over some heating pipes on the wall and tried to put my body weight on it with my neck inside the noose while holding the other end with my hand. And I started to blackout within seconds! Yes, it wasn't too comfortable, but it's not bad at all. And when I put even just a quarter of my body weight on it, I start to blackout almost immediately. It was very reassuring. I'm sure with full suspension, it would take 5-10 seconds max, and I wouldn't feel anything. And the best part is, after a few seconds I wouldn't have the coordination and muscle control to do anything about it, because my arms go weak within seconds.

Hanging is such a classic and elegant method imho, I'm starting to feel confident about it.

• Informative
Reactions: persimmontea, JFED, ShornSoloists and 7 others
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Here is a video I recorded showing how to tie a double looped slipknot not long ago. Apologies for the rotation. There are other videos online, but I didn't see a live example with double loop.

Attachments

• double.mp4
    15.7 MB
  • Love
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, Ixtab, ShornSoloists and 3 others
Nyktalgia

Nyktalgia

Jan 29, 2022
Partial suspension is pretty tricky, but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I managed to get pretty close to passing out a few times. The trick is to apply the right amount of pressure at the right spot. If you apply too much pressure it hurts, and if you apply too little pressure or apply it too slowly you will only get headache and pressure in your head. It takes a lot of practice. What works the best for me is tying the rope to the metal bar in my closet (alternatively you can do that on a doorknob) making it so that it's long enough to allow me to sit on the floor while also being tight enough to compress my carotids then just sitting down while tilting my head down with the noose slightly below my Adam's apple. If done right my vision starts blacking out in like 5 seconds. Another method that works is tying the rope to a doorknob and throwing it over the door then sliding down with my legs stretched forward and my back against the door. Now I just need to overcome the survival instinct somehow...

• Informative
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, persimmontea and natali4
georgecostanza

georgecostanza

Mar 6, 2022
shouldn't there be plenty of documentation and reports on forums for autoerotic asphyxiation? maybe i should look there because this forum is disappointingly thin on technical aspects. might as well have some fun while learning how to do it properly.
Oxygen deprivation.
but air duster contain air ... so how should that help with causing oxygen deprivation???