bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
today I "Practiced" the partial suspensions . I used the slip knot at the back of my head and lopped the rope over a beam above my head. I pulled tension with my hands. Within seconds everything went black and my whole body was tingling. No pressure in my head and still able to breath. Although the urge to breath was not strong yet. I let go of the rope and staggered a few steps and got my vision back. My question is , was that what I'm supposed to feel. And is that what I would feel if I went to full suspension in a full attempt to ctb? When does the survival instinct kick in. Or doesn't if you have blacked out?
My survival instinct didn't kick in when i practiced. all i did was hang there feeling the pressure on my neck then woke up on the ground wondering where i was. if i would have secured my neck i think it would have been a done deal. i did partial suspension btw.

Reactions: Orbitc, CloseFriendofCamus, Vienrose and 3 others
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
have been practicing partial this whole week, alternating between a 10mm nylon rope and 12mm polyester. i put the slipknot around my neck and just bend over, keeping my legs planted on the ground. my arms hang down like i'm a zombie. i either get that pounding pressure going all over my skull or i get that and the tingly numb feeling. unfortunately the urge to breathe/discomfort due to hanging is often too much for me. i've been trying to stay longer and longer in the numb state but even getting there is a problem. i can manage maybe around 20 seconds? i've tried changing my position and just sitting down instead, but the pressure on my legs makes it pretty difficult. i'd like to built resistance or lower my SI but honestly it just feels like i'm doing nothing and wasting my time.

i think i'm already starting to get rope marks around my neck. that's worrying, as soon as my mom notices something i'm basically screwed.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Why partial? Everyone seems to like the idea, but I see nothing but problems like this. It appears the lucky few get away with it.

Reactions: Ads and bhav
Irishsteve88

Irishsteve88

To complete the ending
Jan 26, 2019
Why partial? Everyone seems to like the idea, but I see nothing but problems like this. It appears the lucky few get away with it.

Some have awful trouble with finding the spots correctly I myself included in that. As much as I'd love to do full suspension I just cannot take that chance. wheres partial for me works better. As no one is here I have lots of time. Some suits others till then I just guess I'll have to wait. Have new rope ordered its bit of an unusual rope but seems quite reliable and quite comfortable at that as well. it will be a first for me with this kind of rope Lol so hopefully this is my key to freedom and peace

Reactions: Worndown and deltahead
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Some have awful trouble with finding the spots correctly I myself included in that. As much as I'd love to do full suspension I just cannot take that chance. wheres partial for me works better. As no one is here I have lots of time. Some suits others till then I just guess I'll have to wait. Have new rope ordered its bit of an unusual rope but seems quite reliable and quite comfortable at that as well. it will be a first for me with this kind of rope Lol so hopefully this is my key to freedom and peace
I wish you the best on this.

Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I think people that really want it will get it right. That nice lady Jen said she was doing it last week, there was absolutely no other way for her, and she hasn't been heard from since. Scribble also hasn't been heard from for a week.

S

snack

Mar 28, 2019
Please help. English is not my native language, I write through a translator. I have the same problem as previous people. When I pull, I get the feeling of "exploding head". I don't feel unconscious. How do I hang myself, so I just lost consciousness, I did not feel that my head is about to explode. Help, in what position need to be?

Reactions: deltahead
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
yeah sitting down is pretty much off the table. too much weight on my legs. i tried cushioning the noose with socks or underwear to make it less painful or uncomfortable but it did not seem to work at all. cannot get any closer to actually passing out.

Reactions: Orbitc and snack
D

desertdreamer

Jan 22, 2019
Anyone else having trouble with this? I guess im not pushing hard enough but when i push down i feel the pulse getting stronger and faster but i dont blackout or even get close to blacking out :S

Same. I must me doing this wrong. It doesn't seem like it would be too complicated considering how many people successfully do this every single day.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and deltahead
S

snack

Mar 28, 2019
Just want to write. After numerous attempts seriously ill tonsillitis. Has anyone ever had one of these?

D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
I found this site a week ago. Never dared to put the word "suicide" in a search engine. And their might be some decent resources of information out there, I found this forum to be the most extensive and complete. And I'm happy to have found this place.

Well, just to share some of my experience. Which is brief considering I only found this forum a week ago.

After all my hours of research. Short drop/suspension hanging seemed like the best option.

I was so excited, relieved, finally, I had a way out.

Plus, when you look at the statistics, hanging does seem like a great option.

Don't get me wrong, it seemed gruesome and painful to me but ... in spite of that, seemed like the best option.

Neck tie. Slip knot. Fixed place to hang from, rafter in garage. Some trial and error. for length of slack. Attempt of positioning rope on carotid arteries. T shirt material around neck. And padding on front of neck and back of neck. Which hopefully prevents the windpipe from hurting and increases the pressure on the side of the neck with the carotid artery. A bit of trial and error with the height. Played some Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon. Placed my head in the noose. Made sure padding was in place. Knot was in place in the back. Tightened noose so padding wouldn't move. Pulled out cellphone and started stopwatch. Head as in nodding down position to trying to focus on carotid arteries. And kicked out stool from under me. I was on my tippy toes. And I was choking for over a minute without passing out.

Okay, fine, fuck, shit. Got the noose undone. Changed position of knot. Same thing, god damnit. Fuck this hurts. Again, and again, and again. Trying to change the position, of the knot, the height of the knot. Fuck. Same thing. Choking for a long time without passing out. Tried lots of different configurations, and it didn't work. Just left me with a horrible headache and a horrible pain in my neck. Failed.

Obviously I get it. Whatever I'm doing. Apparently I'm not getting the carotid arteries. Which from the pulse of things.

And I've spent the past week trying different angles, different heights. Shoelaces, nylon webbing, leather belt, scarf, 1 inch rope, 550 paracord, rubber exercise band. And I'm still not passing out.

Don't get me wrong, I've even tried the whole, feeling for the pulse looking for carotid, putting pressure, putting the most amount of pressure, pushing back towards the vertebrate instead of just squeezing. And I don't pass out.

Death is mocking me. It's spitting in myself and having a good chuckle of it.

What the fuck am I doing wrong here?

Help. Please.

And don't get me wrong, it's not like I have some strange fixation with hanging. I just want out. I probably would go the drug way, it just seems like theirs way too much scamming out there to find a reliable source to get N or Sn or anything like that. And as far as a gun goes. Ummm, i'm sure they wouldn't give me a gun license when I walk in with my mobility cane for the blind.

I know I'm ranting, sorry. Just wanted to explain things in the best way possible.

p.s. I've even tried placing different objects over where my carotid arteries should be to cause extra pressure on them, such as, golft balls, juggling balls, medcine caps, sock balls.

Help. What am I missing, or what else can I try. What am I missing. I just want out.

• Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Vienrose, dv2020lowj and 4 others
W

waitupana

Jul 20, 2018
I found this site a week ago. Never dared to put the word "suicide" in a search engine. And their might be some decent resources of information out there, I found this forum to be the most extensive and complete. And I'm happy to have found this place.
[ . . . ]
Help. What am I missing, or what else can I try. What am I missing. I just want out.
The risk of SN is not scams, but pain.
I don't know how to help you here sorry, just thought I'd clear that up.

B

bruisedmind

May 7, 2019

Well, just to share some of my experience. Which is brief considering I only found this forum a week ago.

After all my hours of research. Short drop/suspension hanging seemed like the best option.

I was so excited, relieved, finally, I had a way out.

Plus, when you look at the statistics, hanging does seem like a great option.

Don't get me wrong, it seemed gruesome and painful to me but ... in spite of that, seemed like the best option.

Neck tie. Slip knot. Fixed place to hang from, rafter in garage. Some trial and error. for length of slack. Attempt of positioning rope on carotid arteries. T shirt material around neck. And padding on front of neck and back of neck. Which hopefully prevents the windpipe from hurting and increases the pressure on the side of the neck with the carotid artery. A bit of trial and error with the height. Played some Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon. Placed my head in the noose. Made sure padding was in place. Knot was in place in the back. Tightened noose so padding wouldn't move. Pulled out cellphone and started stopwatch. Head as in nodding down position to trying to focus on carotid arteries. And kicked out stool from under me. I was on my tippy toes. And I was choking for over a minute without passing out.

Okay, fine, fuck, shit. Got the noose undone. Changed position of knot. Same thing, god damnit. Fuck this hurts. Again, and again, and again. Trying to change the position, of the knot, the height of the knot. Fuck. Same thing. Choking for a long time without passing out. Tried lots of different configurations, and it didn't work. Just left me with a horrible headache and a horrible pain in my neck. Failed.

Obviously I get it. Whatever I'm doing. Apparently I'm not getting the carotid arteries. Which from the pulse of things.

And I've spent the past week trying different angles, different heights. Shoelaces, nylon webbing, leather belt, scarf, 1 inch rope, 550 paracord, rubber exercise band. And I'm still not passing out.

Don't get me wrong, I've even tried the whole, feeling for the pulse looking for carotid, putting pressure, putting the most amount of pressure, pushing back towards the vertebrate instead of just squeezing. And I don't pass out.

Death is mocking me. It's spitting in myself and having a good chuckle of it.

What the fuck am I doing wrong here?

Help. Please.

And don't get me wrong, it's not like I have some strange fixation with hanging. I just want out. I probably would go the drug way, it just seems like theirs way too much scamming out there to find a reliable source to get N or Sn or anything like that. And as far as a gun goes. Ummm, i'm sure they wouldn't give me a gun license when I walk in with my mobility cane for the blind.

I know I'm ranting, sorry. Just wanted to explain things in the best way possible.

p.s. I've even tried placing different objects over where my carotid arteries should be to cause extra pressure on them, such as, golft balls, juggling balls, medcine caps, sock balls.

Hey. I just tried to private message you but can't seem to. I have been in exactly the same position recently, just wanted you to know it's not just you having problems, it's nothing you're doing wrong I don't think

Reactions: desertdreamer
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
Hey waitupana. Thank you. At least I know that getting SN wouldn't be a scam. I appreciate the feedback. Painful, but at least not a scam. It seems really similar to SA.

Hey bruisedmind. I don't know why it wouldn't let you PM me. Maybe because they just approved me last night. Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully you'll figure out a configuration that works for you. The sooner the better right.

Like many on this thread have said. We want to end things, but in the least painful possible.

I know everyone is different. It's a matter of trial and error. Material/Height/Knot Position/Tightness/Padding/Lubrication/Type of Knot/Body Position, etc...

I know that I have to be patient and keep working at it until I find a proper setup that works.

And even though I can't get it to work yet at least I'm comforted in being with people I can discuss and talk about this.

And thank you to all the people for all the experimentation they've done and all the information posted on here.

Reactions: Vienrose and Kikoo Loool
Whatever707

Whatever707

Jul 21, 2019
English isn't my native language, thus sorry beforehand for any mistakes.
I stumbled across an article which is about an experiment conducted by two professors in order to know what do people feel when hang himselves. They both hung themselves for 30 seconds or more with help of assistants. After this experiment both professors shared what they went through and felt while they were hanging. They said that there was no immediate unconsciousness and while their assistants thought that they were unconscious, indeed they could realise what is happening and could feel everything but they couldn't give any sign and just made unregulated movements in order to save themselves because of the pain they felt, but movements were uncontrollable.
I've watched a bunch of videos where people stream their suicide by hanging and indeed there is always a part where they try to raise their hands and legs. It's so terrifying to know that they still try to save their lives and realize what is happening. I always thought that when you black out, this is the end of suffering.
Partial was my method, now i am broken.
Please say I got them wrong or whatever.

• Wow
Reactions: Kikoo Loool
P

Pcatfam3

@tiredofpain
Jul 10, 2019
-Tried the night night method with tape and it just wasn't working for me.
-Tried the night night method with the ratchet and I just had too much trouble with the ratchet. I've been ill for quite a while and I don't have a lot of strength.
-Thought a lot about partial hanging and I just don't think I can make it work without SI kicking in. I really need to be gone.
- Decided on hanging. Have a secluded spot picked out. And if I do it between 1 and 3 in the morning, there won't be anyone around.

In the past I tried to overdose and even though the ER docs told my family that I shouldn't be alive due to the huge amount of drugs in my system, I always pulled through. I really wanted to go peacefully but that won't happen. Just last week, with no intervention from me, I nearly died on my living room floor from complications of my illness. My family found me and dragged me unconscious into the ER for life saving measures. I just cannot do this anymore. Wish me luck on my journey. I'd rather hang with discomfort than to continually be dragged back from the precipice because family, friends and medical personnel think I should suffer for as long as possible.

• Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, snack and IDontWantItAnymore2
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
I'm gonna do it from a tree. I'm not trusting a closet-rod to help get me dead.
I wanted to experience what the black out feels like....so I used a scarf to pull as hard as I could until I passed out (at which point the pressure releases), it was like being high on NOS!! There was some pain with the compression but I felt so floaty that I didnt notice the discomfort until after I passed out and came to.
I'm new here. Hi. I've heard so many different experiences as people start to pass out. I'm on your side of the experience, warm, drifty, feels good, feels awesome when I come back for about 30 seconds, like a sort of orgasm; but my vision just starts to get darker and darker until I either let off my corotid or pass out and then my hand falls off and I come back. Sometimes I hear whistling noises before I pass out. Yes, the expereince is a lot like NOS too. :) I'll post more about how to make your self go out so you can all see what it feel like--or should feel like if you are actually doing it right. I probably won't be here more than a few days because I really need to get this done now soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orbitc, Vienrose, dv2020lowj and 1 other person
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
Hi again, and just wanted to say I'm new and wanted to add my experiences., and say thanks to others for pointing out the things I was doing wrong. I'm about half way through the thread.

1. Full suspension(almost anyway), where your feet do not touch the ground: It can be done without pain. For instance, the way I did it was to get on a bench with a support overhead. In my case it was an outdoor cabana like thing in a park that had 2 x 6s in just the right spot (Over the benches). I tied off the rope so there was no slack, or as little as I could get, and started to lower myself on the bench with one leg on the bench and one leg off of the bench. When I started to feel my vision going black, I moved my other foot off of the bench. No pain. I wasn't ready so I immediately ended the experiment.
    1. Note: This shit happens fast once you get to the vision going dark phase, so if you aren't ready, don't fuck around. I had all of my notes and affects lined up just in case I did fuck up.​
    2. Note: Fucking A it hurt a couple times before that because I didn't have the knot right. If you try to full suspend yourself and you don't pass out in 3-6 seconds, it's going to hurt like hell.​
    3. Note: What you're really doing here is partial suspension with full suspension kicking in AFTER you pass out. That's how I wanted to do it originally, just in case the partial thing wasn't working. That was only because I was ignorant of partial and hanging in general.
  2. Testing what it feels like: I've heard many different experiences, and some sound like they are getting the wrong artery. You can test it by finding your carotid artery and pressing on it with your fingers. If you find the artery itself, it doesn't take hardly any pressure to close it off. Also, in my experience, you pass out in less than 8 seconds, it is not painful, but warm and peaceful, and when you come to, you feel buzzing and tingly allover your body, and it feels really good.
    1. Finding the CA. For me, NOT EASY. Oh, I can find that little fucker, but it takes me a long time to actually pin it down and compress it. So, find a giuid on the web, and feel for your pulse on the right or left side of your neck, close to the Adams apple and right up near the jawbone. There are actually two CA arteries on each side of your neck because the main artery splits off into two. (see: https://www.webmd.com/heart/picture-of-the-carotid-artery#1)One is the external and one is the internal. Yeah, OF COURSE, evolution put the really important one on the inside. The inside branch supplies blood to the brain. That's the human off switch. And, as such, that bitch works good when you clamp it off. The external supplies blood to the face and neck. Both get compressed when you hang, but only the external may get compressed when you want to test for it. If that is the case, your face will get tingly, you might feel light headed, and nothing more. It is not really pleasant either. What you just have to do is dig your fingers into your neck a little and find the right place, then just gently press n the artery. If you have it right, whao, you'll know it. Also, this is addictive if yuo can find it right because it is the best feeling in the world, especially when you let off, after you pass out or before. Since you are doing it with your hand, your hand will simply fall away when you pass out.
  3. The knot: Okay, so up until started reading this thread, I was using a bowline knot. It's possible, but now that I pulled my head out of my ass, that's really not the one to use. Look it up for yourself. What a bowline does is create a loop in a rope that will not "slip." It's a really useful knot for many reasons, but imo, not for hanging. First of all, it leaves too much space between the noose and the neck. The way you can use a bowline knot as a slip knot is to pull the rope up through the bowline knot's loop, and then you have a slipknot. The problem is that the loop of the bowline is just too large, really. The pure slipknot doesn't have that problem. In other words, the slipknot will actually tighten better than the bowline with the rope pulled through the bowline's loop. All confusing unless you actually see the knots and experiment with them yourself.
      1. Note: As you can see, the slipknot is going to be MUCH more efficient than the bowline. The bowline/passing rope through the bowline's noose is probably why I am still here. I don't know how I could have missed that, but fuck if I did. (Probably like everyone else here--over thinking it. I mean some 80 IQ meth-head has no problem stringing himself up without even reading anything on the first try, and we can't even do it right with college degrees, over average IQs, and many attempts?)
  4. Best Position: IMO, I think the legs out ass off the floor or ground a foot or two is the easiest. If the knot and anchor are both solid, it doesn't matter how much the body thrashes around, it cannot end up taking pressure off of the noose. Second, since your feet are levered onto the ground, and your body is only one to two feet off the ground, it takes a LOT of pressure off the noose, extra pressure you don't need. The position is easy to get into also, as the Swedish guy shows us in the video posted on about page 24 or so. I mean, that video is a one stop, do it right hanging video. I can see a lot of potential problems with other positions, like kneeling, belly on the floor head up, head up your ass and cyanide caplets in your nose, half carmicheal double loop into a swimming pool after zip tying your neck. Fuck all of that shit. Just sit down and "catch the bus, Gus. You don't need to discuss much. Just drop off the key Lee, and get yourself free." Right?
Thanks for all of the help on this thread. There are a lot of very cool people here, well spoken, smart, interesting people. I wish there were a place for us in life.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'll write a short post on why one would not want to try suicide until thinking about one simple question first. I mean, we all want to live, but we just don't want to live in agony, right? For fuck sake, no, this question has nothing to do with religion, okay? I have a BA in philosophy, graduated Magna Cum Laude, and take all of this shit dead serious, and no pun intended. I've just read a few, more than a few, posts where the person doesn't seem ready for suicide, and contemplating suicide when you really are not ready is truly agony. My position on suicide has been and always has been that suicide can be just as rational as living. There are many things worse than death. Like Camus said, ""The only thing is to decide which is the most aesthetic form of suicide: marriage and a 40-hour-a-week job, or a revolver."

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: loopdaloop, Mordrea, MildenWarden and 13 others
komm susser todd

komm susser todd

Become the master of your own fate
Jul 21, 2019
Not gonna lie, im heavily considering full suspension to kick the bucket. I dont care for the right method yada yada just gonna tie that fucker nice and tight around my damn neck and suffocate. Fuck the pain itll last less than a minute then i can fuck off to the void.

My real issue is a time and place to do it however. Im debating a motel and using a door that ill close the top part of the rope on. Basically putting the rope between the top of the door and door frame but my thrashing body will probably make to much noise. Using the rod for hanging clothes in the closet could work but once again might be to close to the wall.

I also need to considee the ttpe of rope ill use. Getting rope aint hard but fuck me its impossible to find a good length that isnt " fucking tiny" or "fuckhuge". Like no i dont need 1000 feet but i need more than 10 goddamn. Then theres rope type to consider. Saw some material at a tool shop called diamond braid rope that might do the trick but not sure if its prefferable for this method

I wish i had a tree i coule use where no one would find me for awhile but unfortunately we dont all have the luxury =/

Last edited:
Reactions: loopdaloop, CloseFriendofCamus, Iamcharlie and 5 others
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
Not gonna lie, im heavily considering full suspension to kick the bucket. I dont care for the right method yada yada just gonna tie that fucker nice and tight around my damn neck and suffocate. Fuck the pain itll last less than a minute then i can fuck off to the void.

My real issue is a time and place to do it however. Im debating a motel and using a door that ill close the top part of the rope on. Basically putting the rope between the top of the door and door frame but my thrashing body will probably make to much noise. Using the rod for hanging clothes in the closet could work but once again might be to close to the wall.

I also need to considee the ttpe of rope ill use. Getting rope aint hard but fuck me its impossible to find a good length that isnt " fucking tiny" or "fuckhuge". Like no i dont need 1000 feet but i need more than 10 goddamn. Then theres rope type to consider. Saw some material at a tool shop called diamond braid rope that might do the trick but not sure if its prefferable for this method

I wish i had a tree i coule use where no one would find me for awhile but unfortunately we dont all have the luxury =/
Can you find a park with a play structure in it? There are lots of places to string a rope at those locations. Just go at 1AM and no one will be there. Try to find a spot in the shadows and a park that has the play structure back away from the road - there are many, at least where I live. As for the rope, if you need to buy 100' buy it and cut it. It's not like you'll give a fuck wasting a little rope after you're dead.

You can also go into a hardware store and buy bulk rope cut to whatever length you need. Just make sure you read the weight limit on the rope you are considering. Rope usually won't break until you exceed twice or more the rated limit for that specific rope. Do not use climbing rope. It is meant to stretch out when loaded. Use a nylon braided rope, which won't stretch and is soft. You can also use the plastic type braided of rope too (which is probably nylon also). Just make sure you check the weight rating. Anything close to or over your weight won't break. This is different from a full drop where the neck breaks. The calculations of loading and weight are different. There is no need to try and to a full drop.

Yes, hanging yourself is easy, and hard at the same time. The two most important things, at least from my experience, is making sure you have your ligature correct around your neck and tied around a sufficiently strong area, and then not getting caught. Although your brain will most likely be dead after 10 minutes without oxygen, or at least so damaged you'll never get revived, and if you do, you'll die later anyway, the 30 minute rule is a good one.

"Clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing . . .The brain, however, appears to accumulate ischemic injury faster than any other organ. Without special treatment after circulation is restarted, full recovery of the brain after more than 3 minutes of clinical death at normal body temperature is rare. Usually brain damage or later brain death results after longer intervals of clinical death even if the heart is restarted and blood circulation is successfully restored. Brain injury is therefore the chief limiting factor for recovery from clinical death. . . .Although loss of function is almost immediate, there is no specific duration of clinical death at which the non-functioning brain clearly dies. The most vulnerable cells in the brain, CA1 neurons of the hippocampus, are fatally injured by as little as 10 minutes without oxygen. " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_death

Last edited:
Reactions: Danterno, Vienrose, limone and 1 other person
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
Has anyone here failed at full suspension? More specifically not the rope breaking, or ligature point giving way, but just not able to pass out despite full body weight weighing down on the ligature point.
Yes. I put my full weight on it and hurt like fuck. I had probably pinched a nerve or gotten some muscle or something inbetween my rope and neck. I also wasn't passing out but having trouble breathing. I mean in time I would have gone, but I put my feet back on the bench and took the pressure off. God damn it hurt. I was using a relatively thin rope too, the really strong 1/4" braided type called paracord. I have since move to 3/8". However, in another attemp at the same place (not attemp but practice) I did lower myself using the same 1/4" paracord and immediately started to passout without pain. Then, in another attempt, pain again. It's about getting the rope around your neck so that passing out is quick, w/o pain. If you can lower yourself into the noose slowly and then pass out, your body will slump and you won't feel the full weight anymore. So you just did a full suspension w/o having to endure the full weight. (Note: full suspension is when bothfeet do not touch the ground, so even if one foot is on a bench dangling, it still counts as 'partial.' But, it's alomost full and more full than partial.)

Reactions: Vienrose and Egddios
komm susser todd

komm susser todd

Become the master of your own fate
Jul 21, 2019
Can you find a park with a play structure in it? There are lots of places to string a rope at those locations. Just go at 1AM and no one will be there. Try to find a spot in the shadows and a park that has the play structure back away from the road - there are many, at least where I live. As for the rope, if you need to buy 100' buy it and cut it. It's not like you'll give a fuck wasting a little rope after you're dead.

You can also go into a hardware store and buy bulk rope cut to whatever length you need. Just make sure you read the weight limit on the rope you are considering. Rope usually won't break until you exceed twice or more the rated limit for that specific rope. Do not use climbing rope. It is meant to stretch out when loaded. Use a nylon braided rope, which won't stretch and is soft. You can also use the plastic type braided of rope too (which is probably nylon also). Just make sure you check the weight rating. Anything close to or over your weight won't break. This is different from a full drop where the neck breaks. The calculations of loading and weight are different. There is no need to try and to a full drop.

Yes, hanging yourself is easy, and hard at the same time. The two most important things, at least from my experience, is making sure you have your ligature correct around your neck and tied around a sufficiently strong area, and then not getting caught. Although your brain will most likely be dead after 10 minutes without oxygen, or at least so damaged you'll never get revived, and if you do, you'll die later anyway, the 30 minute rule is a good one.

"Clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing . . .The brain, however, appears to accumulate ischemic injury faster than any other organ. Without special treatment after circulation is restarted, full recovery of the brain after more than 3 minutes of clinical death at normal body temperature is rare. Usually brain damage or later brain death results after longer intervals of clinical death even if the heart is restarted and blood circulation is successfully restored. Brain injury is therefore the chief limiting factor for recovery from clinical death. . . .Although loss of function is almost immediate, there is no specific duration of clinical death at which the non-functioning brain clearly dies. The most vulnerable cells in the brain, CA1 neurons of the hippocampus, are fatally injured by as little as 10 minutes without oxygen. " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_death
I went ahead and bought some 10 foot braided cord like i mentioned. I figured it should be enough and after practicing the slip knot a bit it should be more than enough. Truth be told the issue was hiding the rope and not leaving any trace of me having bought it so i avoided the long rope. I dont have my own privacy at the moment besides the time when family isnt home so keeping a big ass 100 foot rope would a challenge and forget tossing the excess, wouldnt want anyone to see it in the trash can.

Id rather do this in private rather than at a park. Dont want to fuck with little kids heads by seeing a guys dead body hanging on their play ground. I live in a metropolitan area so finding a wooded area with no one else around would be a mission and people will be wondering where the hell im at. Thats why i settled on a motel.

Last edited:
Reactions: nw7 and Egddios
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
Okay, so I know how to the slipknot tie, but what kind of knot do I use to secure my "rope" to my pole/fixture?
Any knot will work, even a "fuck you" knot, which is just two normal knots tied one after the other--as in, "fuck you!, your tied!". A normal knot is the same as you tie the first knot in your show laces. Just tie tow of those and cinch them down hard--fuck you, it's done! lol

Reactions: limone
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
Around 6-7 cm from the ground. I first try to let go of one of my leg. The second leg just couldn't move away from the stool. It's like I'm half hanging, one legs out but another leg just remain on the stool

Really need help man. That's the only problem I have to overcome. And then I'm free... forever

I've been seeing this "free"philosophy many times. Remember, you are not free because there is no "you" when you're dead. It's not like you are going to die, and then be able to celebrate how free you are. I've discussed suicide with my mom many times, and she said the problem she always had with it for anyone, including herself, was that it was "So final." If by "free" people mean never going to feel anything again, then true. I know, it's hard to grasp death. That's because the mind cannot grasp "nothing." And, that's what death is, nothing.
today I "Practiced" the partial suspensions . I used the slip knot at the back of my head and lopped the rope over a beam above my head. I pulled tension with my hands. Within seconds everything went black and my whole body was tingling. No pressure in my head and still able to breath. Although the urge to breath was not strong yet. I let go of the rope and staggered a few steps and got my vision back. My question is , was that what I'm supposed to feel. And is that what I would feel if I went to full suspension in a full attempt to ctb? When does the survival instinct kick in. Or doesn't if you have blacked out?
Yep. Exactly. If you get it rght, you'll go out in less than 10 seconds,w/o any pain. You also 'practiced' it right. People, you can just pull the rope with your hands when it is over a bar, etec., to tighten it. The only problem is if the knot somehow binds and stays tight--you're gone. So practice with all of your stuff in order, just in case you succeed accidentally. lol
I went ahead and bought some 10 foot braided cord like i mentioned. I figured it should be enough and after practicing the slip knot a bit it should be more than enough. Truth be told the issue was hiding the rope and not leaving any trace of me having bought it so i avoided the long rope. I dont have my own privacy at the moment besides the time when family isnt home so keeping a big ass 100 foot rope would a challenge and forget tossing the excess, wouldnt want anyone to see it in the trash can.

Id rather do this in private rather than at a park. Dont want to fuck with little kids heads by seeing a guys dead body hanging on their play ground. I live in a metropolitan area so finding a wooded area with no one else around would be a mission and people will be wondering where the hell im at. Thats why i settled on a motel.
You probably don't have to worry about kids. In the early morning some adult will find you, most likely. Or, the parents or whatever will see you and just turn the kids around. In any event, you're dead. You don't care. The point is to exit the best way possible, where you will be found sooner than later, and to die. You paid the ultimate price; you deserve to do it where ever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: loopdaloop and limone
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Any knot will work, even a "fuck you" knot, which is just two normal knots tied one after the other--as in, "fuck you!, your tied!". A normal knot is the same as you tie the first knot in your show laces. Just tie tow of those and cinch them down hard--fuck you, it's done! lol
Figure eight knot follow through is your best bet for this kind of stuff and very easy to tie:

fig8followR9.jpg

"The figure eight follow through is one of the strongest knots. It forms a secure, non-slip loop at the end of a rope. Also known as the Flemish Bend, this is the most widely used tie-in knot by mountain climbers. The reason is that it is strong, secure and easy to visually inspect" (Netknots website).

You can also tie it by tying a single figure eight knot with the line being doubled (that's my preferred way).

Last edited:
Reactions: Edpal247 and Vienrose
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
i don't practice hanging, i feel like a loser who's just looking for excuses to be lazy because living is more familiar thus comfortable.

i practice hanging, i feel like i'm doing absolutely nothing right and am barking up the wrong tree completely which makes me look like a gigantic bumbling manchild. i get light feelings of numbness, head pounding, doesn't matter if i hold it for 5 or 30 seconds.

i make a conscious effort to spend some time practicing. padding the noose. trying to adjust it so it's not as painful. and yet, no matter what, i still feel like i'm trying hard enough, am weak etc. as if i'd be able to do it immediately if i "REALLY" tried. yeah right.

i don't understand myself. i feel like a wild animal. sometimes i get angry and push down on the slipknot with my neck as if that would make me pass out faster. just trying randomly because i can't find my carotid artery, i haven't the discipline or patience for it.

there is so little in my life aside from this. it's all i do or think about. every day is just me waiting until i try again.

• Aww..
Reactions: Vienrose, Jumper, snack and 1 other person
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
I feel ya deltahead. I mean really, out of all the things to be bad at, suicide shouldn't have to be one of them. And even though you wouldn't mind failing at any number of things at this point, since you already want to cash in your chips. Plus, all those celebrity hangings kind of give the misleading notion that it's easy. Don't get me wrong. It's simple, but not easy. I bet they had to try a fair amount of times before they got it right, especially with the suspension hanging stuff. I wanted to do the partial suspension hanging thing as well. But we might have to end up having to take more drastic measures like full suspension hanging. Especially since the more you try and fail at partial suspension hanging, the more disheartened over time which just makes you feel worse even.

Reactions: Vienrose and deltahead
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Is the clove hitch knot good to tie to a closet pole for partial and then slip knot for around the head??

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Is the clove hitch knot good to tie to a closet pole for partial and then slip knot for around the head??
Clove hitch bears less weight than the figure eight pass through, but should work.

I feel ya deltahead. I mean really, out of all the things to be bad at, suicide shouldn't have to be one of them. And even though you wouldn't mind failing at any number of things at this point, since you already want to cash in your chips. Plus, all those celebrity hangings kind of give the misleading notion that it's easy. Don't get me wrong. It's simple, but not easy. I bet they had to try a fair amount of times before they got it right, especially with the suspension hanging stuff. I wanted to do the partial suspension hanging thing as well. But we might have to end up having to take more drastic measures like full suspension hanging. Especially since the more you try and fail at partial suspension hanging, the more disheartened over time which just makes you feel worse even.
Agree, it's incredibly frustrating. I originally couldn't get hanging dialed in and was looking at other methods. It was only after getting lucky once then practicing again and again until that was repeatable that I feel comfortable with it as a method.

I do think it's cruel and inhumane that that we aren't allowed a pain free, sure manner of death should we choose that route. Seems like it should be an accepted route to me given how rough everything is.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, IDontWantItAnymore2, DoneWithThis and 1 other person