Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I passed out quick with no suffering, just felt the rope tighten and then all blurred like a dream

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Gabby78, Vienrose and 7 others
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Full suspension

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Vienrose, snack and 2 others
K

kevvie81

Jun 12, 2019
I'm kind of frustrated. I can't seem to get myself to pass out. I tried just about every inch of my neck, at different tensions by hand. One time I got stinging pains above my one eye on my forehead and I backed out. I then decided since yesterday the only way would be agony with full suspension and maybe some benzos to make me drowsy. I then cried so much because I was unable to even get myself to go easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: CelestialSky
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
There really is no "easy" way. We hope, but SI denies us.

Reactions: Orbitc, CloseFriendofCamus and Righttodie
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
another failure tonight. i did the figure 8 knot but couldn't actually tie it to the wardrobe rod. there's still too much rope left and i can't get it to neck level still. i learned of a follow through method but failed at doing that also. i think i'm going to buy 2 meters of polyester rope and try with that. i've spent 2 months doing this stuff and i'm still not even able to actually practice hanging.

this shit is ridiculous. some incapacitated manchild trying to win against a survival instinct that's evolved over millions of years. it's like a comedy movie.

• Yay!
Reactions: Bacon and Baseball, CloseFriendofCamus, Istanbulite and 10 others
K

kevvie81

Jun 12, 2019
another failure tonight. i did the figure 8 knot but couldn't actually tie it to the wardrobe rod. there's still too much rope left and i can't get it to neck level still. i learned of a follow through method but failed at doing that also. i think i'm going to buy 2 meters of polyester rope and try with that. i've spent 2 months doing this stuff and i'm still not even able to actually practice hanging.

this shit is ridiculous. some incapacitated manchild trying to win against a survival instinct that's evolved over millions of years. it's like a comedy movie.

Gotta love Survival instinct - This morning woke up nothing wrong, then a minute later remembering how shit life itself is. Now I'm sitting at work and wish I just could be alone for one hour to end it. But it's not gonna be pretty. I'm so frustrated that I don't have the guts. Heavy mixed feelings.

Reactions: Egddios, snack, LivingLies and 1 other person
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Hey everyone. What are your thoughts on this ?

I don't know why no one has ever talked about using this. It seems like an ideal option to have a full suspension right ?

Amazon product ASIN B00HYQP72O

Last edited:
Reactions: Vienrose and lemon17
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Hey everyone. What are your thoughts on this ?

I don't know why no one has ever talked about using this. It seems like an ideal option to have a full suspension right ?

Amazon product ASIN B00HYQP72O

Only concern I see is whether it will be a stable enough base for when your body convulses. Other than that it looks good

Reactions: Vienrose and Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Only concern I see is whether it will be a stable enough base for when your body convulses. Other than that it looks good
Anything will have a potential issue with convulsions I think.
Considering that, this looks good to me. Glad to have your thoughts. Thanks.

Reactions: lemon17
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
i spent this weekend making very meager attempts at practicing partial. i still can't get the "hang" (LOL) of it. the slipknots i make are still very flimsy, last night it actually untied itself. i need to learn how to make them strong but i don't know how. all i do is just tie it around my neck and kneel down, never all the way. i'm using 12mm polyester rope. a couple of things happened last night. first there was this horrible painful sensation that made me stand up and cough almost immediately. then it felt like my heartbeat was traveling to my head, lots of pressure in my skull that felt very strange. then my entire body just went numb and felt very tingly. i was a little scared by this cause my wardrobe isn't bolted to the wall or anything and it feels like if i passed out i'd just bring the whole thing down on me. i tried pushing down on nooses before and it might hold my weight but i still didn't want to risk it. if i remember correctly, it means i've had some success in compressing my carotid artery, though it feels like pure luck when it happens. i just can't do this with such a weak slipknot i guess.

Reactions: Orbitc, thundersnail and whyidon'tknow
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
i spent this weekend making very meager attempts at practicing partial. i still can't get the "hang" (LOL) of it. the slipknots i make are still very flimsy, last night it actually untied itself. i need to learn how to make them strong but i don't know how. all i do is just tie it around my neck and kneel down, never all the way. i'm using 12mm polyester rope. a couple of things happened last night. first there was this horrible painful sensation that made me stand up and cough almost immediately. then it felt like my heartbeat was traveling to my head, lots of pressure in my skull that felt very strange. then my entire body just went numb and felt very tingly. i was a little scared by this cause my wardrobe isn't bolted to the wall or anything and it feels like if i passed out i'd just bring the whole thing down on me. i tried pushing down on nooses before and it might hold my weight but i still didn't want to risk it. if i remember correctly, it means i've had some success in compressing my carotid artery, though it feels like pure luck when it happens. i just can't do this with such a weak slipknot i guess.
I had a similar experience using a belt wedged in my door frame (partial) I started out with the tingly numb feeling. I starting counting to 15 seconds in my head. When I got around 10 seconds I got that pulsing head which tells me that I was only compressing my jugular.

I have tried a 1/2 inch width rope but am buying a thinner rope tonight to see if that works

pillsandstep2

pillsandstep2

Jun 19, 2019
hi everyone, why would partial hanging compress only the carotid artery and not the trachea like full hanging does? do we tie knots on the rope, position it where the cartid artery is located so that it presses into the artery when the rope is tightened? or? what am i missing here? thanks.

Reactions: Vienrose and whyidon'tknow
J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
Full suspension

Hi Lady black,

I am going to try full suspension too this weekend. I want to use my scarf, I already made a slipknot. Where will the knot be located, in the back of your neck or even a little higher than that? I also read somewhere you can place the knot either on your right or left side when you want to use full suspension.

I have a few more things I'd like to know since you passed out quickly (I wonder how you woke up again and that you could tell this story to everyone on this forum).

1) Where to place the knot?
2) How big or small the noose be?
3) Should it be really tight around your neck before you make the drop? Because the rope/scarf should be really tight to cut off those arteries and I think if you already make it very tight and once you drop yourself down, the weight will do the rest, I suppose? Or am I wrong?
4) Did you make a short or a long drop?
5) How long did it take for your to lose your consciousness? Less than 15 seconds?
6) I also have a rope, but to be honest, it gives much friction in my throat and around it (I did use a small towel before, it makes a little better although the rope won't be tight much around your neck. What is your advice? Rope or scarf?
7) If you look at the 3 photos that are attached to this message: Do you think full suspension is doable? I mean once I hang there, I can't touch the steps of the stairs of course. I want to tie my scarf to the upper white bar (not the lower one). I know the drop will be short, so I wonder if it would be possible to do this? I have tried partial before. I don't like it and doesn't work for me.

8) For those of you who see these photos might remember I have posted them about a year ago. Right now I finally have the house for myself to ctb without having other people around me. At least until Thursday. For those of you, who see these photos, do you think I should tie the scarf to another scarf which will then be tied to the white bar, otherwise the drop will be too short, however if it is too long, I might be decapitated and I don't want that to happen either. I just want to cut off the arteries in order to lose my conscioussnes fast and to die 15-20 minutes later (hart will stop beating).

I know I may have a lot of things to ask, but it is my last chance to get into paradise. I don't feel happy in this world. Personally, I think I should be capable of doing this, since people younger than me are able to succeed. So why can't I? I have tried partial before and I couldn't pass out.

I'd appreciate your answer Lady black (Of course others are welcome to give advice as well)

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nora Rony, CloseFriendofCamus, 1234dave and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018

You should consider getting two carabiners, one for each end. You'd still need to tie the rope to the carabiners with a figure 8 knot, but that seems like it'd be easier and more reliable than you trying to tie those other knots.
Look at door anchors for resistance bands as a better alternative to the wardrobe.
hi everyone, why would partial hanging compress only the carotid artery and not the trachea like full hanging does? do we tie knots on the rope, position it where the cartid artery is located so that it presses into the artery when the rope is tightened? or? what am i missing here? thanks.
I believe it had to do with the amount of pressure. If you tie a slip knot around your finger with a piece of string, try slowing easing the pressure on vs easing it all at once. Try putting on different amounts of force/weight. For me that made things clearer

@JH2000 that looks like a very reliable anchor point, so that's good. I personally wouldn't trust a scarf over a rope, but I know people use sahris a lot in India with good results. You definitely do NOT want to do any kind of long drop, especially using two scarves tied together. Just your weight on should be fine

Last edited:
Reactions: deltahead
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Question: If I were to attempt partial with a belt, how would I go about securing it to a ligature?

Reactions: whyidon'tknow
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Question: If I were to attempt partial with a belt, how would I go about securing it to a ligature?

I found out the answer myself, just place it in the door and close, the space has to be narrow and the belt has to be thick. Hopefully this is how I'll go soon.

Last edited:
Snowx88

Snowx88

Jun 29, 2019
I can't get myself to pass out with partial. I only get the explody head feeling and when I push harder after exploding feel I just block trachea and no carotid. How come I'm missing the carotid . What am I doing wrong ? This method is quite painful cause I must be doing it wrong . I bursted some blood vessels under my eye bags attempting and my throat is extremely sore and painful to swallow .

Reactions: SadPsych
S

Shorine

Mar 17, 2019
How do I know that I am doing partial suspension right? All I get is an intense discomfort in my head but I can still breathe normally. How should it feel when the artery is successfully compressed?

Reactions: SadPsych and Vienrose
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Such a pussy. Told myself I would do it this weekend but I keep putting it off. Not like my mind can come up with reasons to stay. Fml

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, MildenWarden, lllll and 1 other person
pillsandstep2

pillsandstep2

Jun 19, 2019
Such a pussy. Told myself I would do it this weekend but I keep putting it off. Not like my mind can come up with reasons to stay. Fml
hey don't be too harsh on yourself. hugs. ctb is damn difficult. fighting SI and the remaining desire(s) to live on is more difficult than anyone outside the situation can comprehend. i find myself alternating between staying alive and just CTBing every few minutes so i understand your pain. if hanging is too difficult maybe explore other options?

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, CloseFriendofCamus, Vienrose and 3 others
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
Does anyone have a tip as to how to put more weight on the rope?
I'm doing partial suspention, I have the means to do it standing, sitting or prone, I have a solid rope and enough time alone to do it properly.

My only problem is the discomfort. I solved it in part, in that I put the rope on the lower half of the throat, and not the upper one. But still, very often, I have to cough so much that I can't put weight on it. And on the few times I do get trough the coughing, the rope cuts so much into the skin that I can't bring myself to put more wieght on it.

Does anyone have advices on how I could either reduce the discomfort, or how I could force my way trough and put more weight on the rope?
I also read that you can do it with a metal ring or carabineer, how does it replace a knot?

JH2000
A lot of what you asked is down to personnal preference, because some will pass out better with the rope on the lower half of the neck and others on the upper half. So it comes down to testing. From what I read, the usual differences come from knot positionning on the clock: many put it on the back of the neck, but others have a preference on the side (mostly the left side). The other one is knot height. I read many times that the most ideal is putting the rope right below the jaw, so the knot would right below the occiput. Some like me have massive discomfort with that, and prefer putting the rope at the lower half of the throat, somewhere between the adam's apple and the top bottom.

Best thing would be to remember/retest what was the easiest setup in partial with a scarf/rope and apply it to the full suspension.

As for the place, yes, full suspension is doable, I just don't know how solid the scarfs are that being said. With the rope at least there tends to be a weight indication when you buy them, and they are generally solid. I haven't heard of scarfs for a long drop so I'm not certain they hold enough weight.

Reactions: Vienrose and dv2020lowj
B

Bok

Jun 26, 2019
today I "Practiced" the partial suspensions . I used the slip knot at the back of my head and lopped the rope over a beam above my head. I pulled tension with my hands. Within seconds everything went black and my whole body was tingling. No pressure in my head and still able to breath. Although the urge to breath was not strong yet. I let go of the rope and staggered a few steps and got my vision back. My question is , was that what I'm supposed to feel. And is that what I would feel if I went to full suspension in a full attempt to ctb? When does the survival instinct kick in. Or doesn't if you have blacked out?

Reactions: Vienrose and IDontWantItAnymore2
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
today I "Practiced" the partial suspensions . I used the slip knot at the back of my head and lopped the rope over a beam above my head. I pulled tension with my hands. Within seconds everything went black and my whole body was tingling. No pressure in my head and still able to breath. Although the urge to breath was not strong yet. I let go of the rope and staggered a few steps and got my vision back. My question is , was that what I'm supposed to feel. And is that what I would feel if I went to full suspension in a full attempt to ctb? When does the survival instinct kick in. Or doesn't if you have blacked out?

I've done this and had a similar experience. From what I can tell you from past partial experiences it is different because you are exerting much more force on your neck.
I have been in partial positions where I didn't really feel any pain.... more often than not I do though

Reactions: Vienrose
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you had tied the rope and stood on a stool, it would be done.

Reactions: Edpal247