L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Do you guys have any tips for damage control? I'm talking about family members who'll find me, I don't want them traumatised for life.
I will close the door of the room and put a sign which says to call the police, but i still frear they will open the door. I will also put on dark sunglasses so they can't see my eyes, and a lot of makeup so that the face discoloration isn't as visible. I'll try to dress nicely too. Is there anything else i can do?
I've thought about this myself. Sign on the front door to not enter with out the police and I was thinking of putting a pillow case over my head.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump and Antiquated
AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Do you think a couple days of no sleep could help with the SI?

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
For partial? with full once you drop it's game over. choose your decision wisely.
Somewhat partial. I have my set up now where I can still stand on my toes. I felt like I was close to passing out so if I can do that it seems unlikely I'll be able to stand on my toes once the unconscious thrashing begins.

LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
I've thought about this myself. Sign on the front door to not enter with out the police and I was thinking of putting a pillow case over my head.
Pillowcase is good, but I won't use it because of my own standards- i want to look as dignified as possible, in my 'natural' state. Also I somehow think that completely hidden head is traumatising to see, and that somebody will take it off in panic thinking they can save me. I really wish i could just dissappear.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Do you guys have any tips for damage control? I'm talking about family members who'll find me, I don't want them traumatised for life.
I will close the door of the room and put a sign which says to call the police, but i still frear they will open the door. I will also put on dark sunglasses so they can't see my eyes, and a lot of makeup so that the face discoloration isn't as visible. I'll try to dress nicely too. Is there anything else i can do?
I'll be locking the house from the inside, and will use something to barricade the door if i can, incase the door chain lock does get broken.

I'll leave a note on the floor of the front porch telling them not to come in, and will drape a thin black pashmina/shawl over my face, it's probably more dignified and feels less suffocating than using a pillowcase tbh. Also I've heard that having your head trapped in a bag/pillowcase can worsen the panic response.

Having seen some photos, I don't think heavy makeup will be enough to hide the discolouration and/or bloating of the face.

Reactions: LittleCloud and AnestheticVoid
LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
I'll be locking the house from the inside, and will use something to barricade the door if i can, incase the door chain lock does get broken.

I'll leave a note on the floor of the front porch telling them not to come in, and will drape a thin black pashmina/shawl over my face, it's probably more dignified and feels less suffocating than using a pillowcase tbh. Also I've heard that having your head trapped in a bag/pillowcase can worsen the panic response.

Having seen some photos, I don't think heavy makeup will be enough to hide the discolouration and/or bloating of the face.
Pashmina is a good idea, although it can easily slip off. I won't put the note on the front door because I'm sure someone will see it, and call the police earlier than expected. Yes the discolouration is a problem, but since not everyone gets it, i'm just hoping my face will stay intact or have only slight discolouration. I'll paint my face green first because green neutralises purple, and then I'll put foundation on top. It's draining that we have so much to think about just because we want to leave

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Idk I feel like seeing a hanging body "prettied" up is almost more creepy to find..

Reactions: Bacon and Baseball and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
2 days I attempted to hang myself. It was the very last thing I ever wanted to do, ever. I am in so much pain.

It was a partial. I blacked out within seconds. And then all i knew was i woke up On the floor with a jolt, scalred shitless, in shock.

for the grace of God, the dressing gown cord had snapped.

I'm ok as in no effect on the brain.

however, I took out a pushup board as i fell- its taken a huge chunk out of my forehead. I am telling people I slipped and hit the corner of a desk.

the most concerning things- and this is the reason for my post- you can still clearly see A red line round one half of my neck where the dressing gown cord was.

I am so so so worried that this line is permanent. I dont want to die and I dont want to try again. But I cannot live with a clear red line on my neck. I am 52 years old and have 2 kids. I cannot let them or anyone know.

can someone, anyone, please give me advice (specifically) on how likely this mark is to be permanent.

its only been 2 days, but it doesn not seem to be getting any less.

litagutire was dressing gown, soft.

Do you think there's a reasonable chance these red marks will fade and if so, roughly how long does it take.

thank you

Also posted in the main suicide forum

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Pashmina is a good idea, although it can easily slip off. I won't put the note on the front door because I'm sure someone will see it, and call the police earlier than expected. Yes the discolouration is a problem, but since not everyone gets it, i'm just hoping my face will stay intact or have only slight discolouration. I'll paint my face green first because green neutralises purple, and then I'll put foundation on top. It's draining that we have so much to think about just because we want to leave
It depends on the material and size, but also you can place the noose over the thin pashmina to hold it in place.

Regarding the note, it depends on which type of porch you have, in my case it's only visible if someone unlocks the outer door. Also you can fold the note so it's not visible to just any passerby or postman.

As i said, the makeup alone won't help cover the bloating of the face, and regardless of if you look presentable, the image would still be haunting, so the safest option is to install a lock for the inside of the house if possible, and prepare a note.

This way, only the police/ambulance will see you first, and there's no risk of someone unexpectedly interrupting you by entering the house.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
2 days I attempted to hang myself. It was the very last thing I ever wanted to do, ever. I am in so much pain.

It was a partial. I blacked out within seconds. And then all i knew was i woke up On the floor with a jolt, scalred shitless, in shock.

for the grace of God, the dressing gown cord had snapped.

I'm ok as in no effect on the brain.

however, I took out a pushup board as i fell- its taken a huge chunk out of my forehead. I am telling people I slipped and hit the corner of a desk.

the most concerning things- and this is the reason for my post- you can still clearly see A red line round one half of my neck where the dressing gown cord was.

I am so so so worried that this line is permanent. I dont want to die and I dont want to try again. But I cannot live with a clear red line on my neck. I am 52 years old and have 2 kids. I cannot let them or anyone know.

can someone, anyone, please give me advice (specifically) on how likely this mark is to be permanent.

its only been 2 days, but it doesn not seem to be getting any less.

litagutire was dressing gown, soft.

Do you think there's a reasonable chance these red marks will fade and if so, roughly how long does it take.

thank you

Also posted in the main suicide forum

The marks will disappear within one week, I know from my own experience. In the meantime you can use a concealer or a scarf.

CaramelDragon

CaramelDragon

Feb 26, 2022
I just got a new rope which holds 2000lbs but it is so much firmer than the original I was going to use. I was thinking of using a very thin snood I have to cover my neck, but then I worry it will make the noose slip. I am so afraid to fail and I keep putting it off and thinking of every possible scenario that could mess it up and make my life even worse. If I fail with this rope I could have scarring, it is rough, but I know it will hold my weight. I'm going full with the rope at the top of my neck. I have to go by Sunday at the latest.
Also, any advice on the knot. I am planning a snuggle hitch on a sturdy tree branch I have tested. Can I tie the knot and then wrap around the excess rope around the branch until I have the desired length to finish off with the simple noose? Will that affect the knot in any way?

Last edited:
LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
It depends on the material and size, but also you can place the noose over the thin pashmina to hold it in place.

Regarding the note, it depends on which type of porch you have, in my case it's only visible if someone unlocks the outer door. Also you can fold the note so it's not visible to just any passerby or postman.

As i said, the makeup alone won't help cover the bloating of the face, and regardless of if you look presentable, the image would still be haunting, so the safest option is to install a lock for the inside of the house if possible, and prepare a note.

This way, only the police/ambulance will see you first, and there's no risk of someone unexpectedly interrupting you by entering the house.
I live in an apartment, so my noisy neighbours are going to read whatever is on the door. I also don't live alone so i won't block the front door, because it will just be a bill someone is going to have to pay later. May I ask you, what kind of slip knot are you using? Do you have a video tutorial you've followed?

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I live in an apartment, so my noisy neighbours are going to read whatever is on the door. I also don't live alone so i won't block the front door, because it will just be a bill someone is going to have to pay later. May I ask you, what kind of slip knot are you using? Do you have a video tutorial you've followed?

I'm not using any knot, I'll be using a spliced rope that has a metal eye at the end of it. My friend tried partial with this and passed out faster than when he used a slipknot.
Gallery 1646394054745

Reactions: Altvtysp
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
The marks will disappear within one week, I know from my own experience. In the meantime you can use a concealer or a scarf.
Thank you.

these are the marks as of today- 3 days later. Do these look typical of marks that will fade? they seem like they are serated, if that makes sense? I am beside myself that they will be permanent.

Attachments

• CEACF15F-546B-4D70-87F7-0C4A63C6D50A.jpeg
    CEACF15F-546B-4D70-87F7-0C4A63C6D50A.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 0
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Thank you.

these are the marks as of today- 3 days later. Do these look typical of marks that will fade? they seem like they are serated, if that makes sense? I am beside myself that they will be permanent.

Your marks will definitely fade within the next days.

Nyktalgia

Nyktalgia

Jan 29, 2022
Tried something different today. Instead of leaning forward or squatting I tied the rope to the metal bar in my closet, tied a soft thin t-shirt around my neck for padding and just sat on the floor of the closet while tilting my head down with the noose slightly below my Adam's apple. For once I didn't get any pain or pressure, just some pulsation in my head. Shortly after I started feeling dizzy and kinda good, but about 30 seconds later nothing else happened so I stopped. Half an hour later I still feel a bit dizzy. Am I doing it right? Should I wait a bit more next time? Is it even possible to die that way, with your butt on the ground? If so then it's probably one of the most comfortable ways to die since there's practically no pain or discomfort and you even start feeling good. I guess this is how people accidentally kill themselves during the autoerotic asphyxiation.

My first attempt at partial was kinda similar but instead of sitting on the floor I tried sitting on air (position 3) with the noose high on my neck, and it didn't go well. It was painful, uncomfortable and scary. It made me choke and left me with a sore throat and red rope marks on my neck for a week.

LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
I'm not using any knot, I'll be using a spliced rope that has a metal eye at the end of it. My friend tried partial with this and passed out faster than when he used a slipknot.
View attachment 87856
So you put your head trough the metal hoop? Wow, I'm jealous! I can't even find a fucking normal rope to buy. I'm really at my wits end

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
So you put your head trough the metal hoop? Wow, I'm jealous! I can't even find a fucking normal rope to buy. I'm really at my wits end
Nah pretty sure they are running the other end through it.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
No the metal eye is very small, i loop the other end of the rope through it to make a noose. It's smoother, so it tightens faster. I used an online site to buy a customised rope.

Reactions: LittleCloud
L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021
I've seen those studies as well although many people seem to fail partial according to reports on here.
Sorry, I'm seeing this late because I haven't logged on for a while.. but when you say "according to reports on here" that doesn't make sense, especially to official statistics or research because "reports" on here are all anecdotal and from our own individual experiences, not multiple cases compared against each other. Also, based off of this forum, we can never know if someone succeeded to ctb and how many in total. Therefore the fail rate on this site is 99+% because we can only ever write about our failures. Once we're dead, we're dead, and we will never be able post about succeeding or read someone else's post about succeeding.. you see? The only confirmation will have about users on here succeeding are stories that appear on the news, typically from family members calling out for their dislike for the forum but even so that percentage is very small. Suicide is a huge worldwide phenomenon with hundreds of thousands of people taking their lives every year and that's why global research and statistics are far more accurate than the tiny amount of users (by comparison) on this site who can only write about our struggles and failures. So yeah, according to this forum a lot of us fail but like I said that's the only thing we can post about, so this site itself doesn't accurately represent official figures of suicide. This site can only shed light of the emotional, mental and physical struggles and hardships of a suicidal person.

Reactions: Nullm, Altvtysp, kickitnsee and 1 other person
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
I can't get partial right, Ive tried at least 10 times in various positions but I can't make myself black out or even feel dizzy

• Aww..
Reactions: Hotsackage, Citruscine, SadPsych and 1 other person
varieties

varieties

Mar 17, 2021
Thank you.

How are you now?

S

SadPsych

Mar 8, 2022
So I am trying to figure out the mechanics for partial hanging and I can't seem to get it right. I tried to wrap an extension cord around my neck just to see if I could block the arteries but all I get is pressure in my head, like I'm only blocking my jugular. Any advice?

E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
I need help with this. I've tried partial hanging multiple times in several positions (standing, sitting down, kneeling) and I have also tried full hanging, which almost succeeded but I was too big of a pussy to carry it out. How do people pull off partial? I have only made myself slightly dizzy, but I wouldn't say I was close to passing out. How do so many Hollywood celebs make it seem so easy?

Reactions: Hotsackage and SadPsych
Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
Does anyone know how to set up full hanging over a door? I managed to get a set up for a partial hanging, but everytime I try partial even in different positions, my SI kicks in and I tap out. I don't have any other means of attaching the rope. There's no strong enough bars or fixtures high up enough in my apartment, and my door is barely high enough for me to even do standing partial

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Does anyone know how to set up full hanging over a door? I managed to get a set up for a partial hanging, but everytime I try partial even in different positions, my SI kicks in and I tap out. I don't have any other means of attaching the rope. There's no strong enough bars or fixtures high up enough in my apartment, and my door is barely high enough for me to even do standing partial
I was initially going to do full suspension from a door too, but my door handle is flimsy, and i was warned that interior doors are weaker than they look so it's risky. Luckily I live in a house so I'll hang from the stairs instead.

But before i changed my mind about hanging from a door, I did read about people in apartments installing a pull-up bar in their doorway, or installing a hook in the ceiling for full suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Citruscine
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I'll do it on a wooden building in an abandoned park when my time comes; my rope awaits me in the closet.

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I found this scaffold today, it looks perfect for full suspension.

mUE8NRb.jpg

DRdCNr4.jpg