• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

requiescat

requiescat

To rest, to repose.
Dec 31, 2023
What is Seppuku?

Seppuku is a form of Japanese ritualistic suicide by disembowelment. It was used by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of the enemies. The ceremonial disembowelment, which is usually part of a more elaborate ritual and performed in front of spectators, consists of plunging a short blade, traditionally a tantō, into the belly and drawing the blade from left to right, slicing the belly open. If the cut is deep enough, it can sever the abdominal aorta, causing death by rapid exsanguination.

- Sourced from Wikipedia.

How to commit Seppuku

The ceremonial disembowelment, consists of plunging not a sword but a short blade, tradition ally a tantō, into the abdomen while sitting on seiza position and drawing the blade from left to right, slicing the abdomen open. If the cut, done with a movement, is done deep enough, it can cut the descending aorta, inducing a massive blood loss inside the abdomen, with a very fast death. In any case, it is extremely painful and agonous and it is extremely easy to screw it all up.

- Sourced from a Quora post.

What is Jigai?
Jigai is descend from Seppuku as a female ritual. The main purpose was to achieve a quick and certain death in order to avoid capture from enemies. Before dying by suicide, a woman would often tie her knees together so her body would be found in a "dignified" pose, despite the convulsions of death. Invading armies would often enter homes to find the lady of the house seated alone, facing away from the door. On approaching her, they would find that she had ended her life long before they reached her.

- Sourced from Wikipedia

How to commit Jigai
(I cannot confirm this matter.)
As an alternative of Seppuku, wives of samurai would often cut the arteries of the neck with one stroke using a tantō in the case the samurai have performed seppuku or brought dishonor. It is good manners to tie your feet together so that your legs won't open and reveal your private parts. Although, this isn't required.

- Sourced from Wikipedia & a Quora post.

Link references:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku#Female_ritual_suicide
https://qr.ae/pKJTGF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junshi

Notes:
Please note that this ritual will hurt like hell, and is not suggested unless for ritualistic or to bleed out. I absolutely suggest planning ahead before committing Seppuku/Jigai. If I have any information incorrect in this post, please inform me as I wish to make it better for the best information possible. Any misinformation is not on purpose and almost all of the information inside this post is surfaced from research. I hope this helps :)

(Note that this post is completely for informational purposes.)

Image depictions:
1. Image depiction of how to commit Sepukku
2. Image depiction of the wife of Onodera Junai preparing her suicide​

Attachments

• seppuku.jpg
    seppuku.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • jigai.jpg
    jigai.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Dliena
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Unless you've got a master crafted sword or grown-man strength with an extremely dedicated will, nobody in this age is going to seppuku. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
From a historical perspective I just wanna give out a warning concerning the effectiveness of seppuku as a suicide method by recalling a story of a samurai from the Edo period who committed harakiri and ended up having his entire stomach cavity empty with his innards lying on the floor and still being alive more than 3 days after the act and only slowly dying because of bacterial infection of his wound...

This is to be expected and the aorta is hard to hit anyway. The reason why cutting is an ineffective means of self-annihilation is because of not being able to damage vital arteries properly given how strongly they are hidden away deep inside the body so they aren't easy to hit. It hurts like hell to get stabbed by somebody else and now try that yourself and see that it won't succeed.

• Informative
Reactions: requiescat