• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about / find your way to SanctionedSuicide? (2nd poll)

• The BBC

Votes: 65 3.1%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 188 8.9%
  • Tantacrul's YouTube video

Votes: 893 42.1%
  • A forum or social media platform (facebook, twitter, etc)

Votes: 245 11.6%
  • Searching for methods

Votes: 742 35.0%
  • Other news or media

Votes: 88 4.2%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 119 5.6%
  • From a friend

Votes: 62 2.9%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 21 1.0%
  • Other sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 132 6.2%

• Total voters
CannabisMuncher

CannabisMuncher

You can call me kilometers, cuz ima kms ( He/Him )
Dec 23, 2023
I found it from a video discussing horrible sites, ( thinks like gore sites and sites pedos use etc ) and this was in the list. I do think this site is a little fucked up, but at the same time not really? Im just here because I want to die obv but i wouldnt reccomend it to people. If people find this site on their own i wont stop em yk.

E

egoaltru

Altruistic But Egoistic
Aug 30, 2023
I did see Tantacrul's video, but I found the website by searching for methods. It took me a while to realize it was the website from the video because this forum really doesn't seem as bad as it used to be.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I googled and googled for info on suicide & how to do it. I found a website that was for suicide but you couldn't talk about it like we do here, so I went back to Google and here I am. I was so pleased, every one is so understanding and helpful. I don't understand what is bad about this place? Is it because people have left goodbye threads and completed ctb. They could of posted that anywhere, would Facebook be bad if they said goodbye there. This is a safe space. I'm so grateful for this place and I have found the courage to go on at times because of SaSu. I want to die so badly, I want to give up so badly and I'm glad I can say that openly here. No one is forced here.

P

princessdie

Aug 24, 2023
My best friend ctb in July with SN. She didn't leave a note or warning. Granted, because we always joked about our mental health to cope with it, she used to bring up "a forum" she would "lurk" on to find methods (this was AGES ago). I always looked for it but I never found my way here til I researched SN after she passed.

whyhelpurself

whyhelpurself

in college so not online much.
Dec 17, 2023
huge fan of deep dive vids. when I saw tantacrul's it wasn't hard to find the site since he literally name dropped the site creators. i don't think he knows that he's given more light to the site and methods lol.

worstgirl7716

worstgirl7716

"I'll roll along today."
Dec 2, 2023
Although I guess technically it was tantacrul's video, I'd heard it mentioned a few times before actually looking into it

okdroplet

okdroplet

"If You wait long enough, You'll get used to it."
Nov 17, 2023
From Tantacrul's YouTube video, didn't like the way it sounded one sided and didn't like the way he spoke about the website. so I searched for it and found it, now it's a forum i can find peace in.
Oh, and his video was randomly recommended to me.
Also I never thought websites like this existed, I would have joined earlier.

Reactions: BrainShower
PurPurAstie

PurPurAstie

Mar 29, 2023
that stupid tantacrul's vid got recommended to me, i was enraged about how they think that we shouldn't help together to peacefully pass, and after finding in the comments the name of this site, i obviously joined the community. it's such a joke that he himself led people onto the site, basically a giant recommendation for suicidal people. lmao.

wisp

wisp

Oct 19, 2023
A user who was here was also present in another forum. He said he wanted to stop suffering and someone told him about this forum. He then chose CTB. The news spread and I found out about this forum... strange coincidence that we frequented the same forum, he was also from the same city as me, but I didn't know he frequented here too. He was "EndJust", maybe someone remembers him

• Wow
Reactions: trashhologram
shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
I remember watching tentacrul's video some months ago, but had no idea about searching this site... Until I found it being mentioned in another video that I've watched today, and went for searching about it... It was actually ridiculously easy to find.

It's a bit saddening how the video was meant probably for pushing people away from it, but.. it gets a bit tiring to search for info in a japanese book when you don't know japanese.

Reactions: trashhologram
Pinkie_Pie

Pinkie_Pie

Dec 31, 2023
Bonsoir,
Je suis nouvelle ici donc Bonne Année à vous pour commencer.
Moi je suis ici depuis une vidéo YouTube qui faisait un "classement des pires sites" et mettant des sites comme Lamando ou LHOHQ au même niveau que Sanctioned Suicide, ça m'a fait rire et après avoir fait un peu de recherches je me suis retrouvée dans la philosophie du site.

Et moi voilà :)

Ps : pardon d'avoir écrit en français, chez moi les pages sont traduites mais je ferais un effort pour mes prochains post.
Cci est mon premier.

Merci

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
Some time ago a person who used to be a member of this forum made an AMA. That picqued my interest so I started Googling. They mentioned the acronym "CTB" was used on this mysterious site so when I started lurking here I knew this was that forum. I was a lurker for a while and then decided to join the conversation.

AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
A friend of mine (now deceased) mentioned that they were frequenting this site shortly before taking their own life. A few months later, after reaching my lowest point I wanted to ctb myself but didn't know how to go about it so I sought out this forum. Now the rest is history.

CasTheFriendlyGhost

CasTheFriendlyGhost

call me Caspar
Jan 5, 2024
I googled "suicide forum". sanctioned suicide wasn't in the results, but thankfully news corporation are paying for the privilege of being the top results on google. so there was the first result: a big fat juicy dramatic nyt headline that told me where i wanted to go (right under the suicide prevention hotline ofc)

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
Found out about it through a different mental health forum some years ago.

silent.desperation

silent.desperation

Jan 9, 2024
I saw an article on the BBC by chance and it piqued my interest so here I am...

Hysteria

Hysteria

Crimson
Jan 8, 2024
It was a painful search to finally do what I wanted with my body. I aimed to cease my existence and read everything on the Internet about methods. I was upset by Clearnet's articles hiding resources. So, I was searching the deep web until I accidentally found the forum's name on a page. Afterward, I specifically searched for it, found more info on Wikipedia, and joined. One of the best revelations of my life. I'm positive that you, this community, saved me from making a grave mistake with an uneducated attempt. Finally, I believe I know how to succeed with this one thing in my life.

T

thechemist

𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 K̑̈Y̑̈S̑̈
Jan 6, 2024
I found this forrum while searching on other forrums and they were mentioning S.S forrum so I searched for s.s forrum and here we are

pseudo_pseu

pseudo_pseu

Feb 22, 2023
Discovered on the r/promortalism Discord server

P

painpaingoaway

Sep 16, 2023
I was looking for information on methods on some more obscure search engines and this page popped up

Heavenly Pup

Heavenly Pup

Reincarnated
Sep 18, 2021
In May 2020, I came across a thread on Reddit mentioning a forbidden site that is the successor of a subreddit banned years prior.

brood

brood

It's how I live, not how long I live.
Sep 4, 2019
Research on method and I wanted to be able to discuss with others.

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
On reddit but I can't remember which sub. Someone had posted the New York Times article

Runa

Runa

Jan 15, 2024
I was searching for a right to die forum and the first place I decided to look was /adv/ on 4chan. I went through the archive and I saw that this place was linked by a handful of people. I actually saw Tantacrul's video pop up in my recommended multiple times back in October, but I never clicked on it because the thumbnail and title were such blatant clickbait I didn't even want to give it the time of day. I had no idea this was the website he was referring to until I looked his channel up just now. After an hour of lurking this place, I don't see how it's "toxic" at all.

Last edited:
gasterblaster

gasterblaster

Lurking™
Feb 16, 2023
I think I was looking for an updated copy of PPH. Finding this forum was great actually, I learned stuff that saved me from permanent damage due to unreliable methods.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Bojack Horseman is ultimately what led me to this website. Picture this: it's early 2020. I had just finished watching the 6th and final season of the show. The last episode kind of sucked (what he just goes to jail for a year? Kinda lame) but that penultimate episode The View From Halfway Down really stuck with me. In case you didn't know, the title of that episodes refers to a poem being said which basically details why jumping is a horrible method for killing oneself (I'm paraphrasing here). I ended up being so captivated by it that I googled the poem trying to find the transcript and amazingly, one of the top search results had been somebody from this very website who had posted the whole poem.

I can't remember who that user was and I don't even know if Google would yield the same results nowadays but I prefer to thank Netflix for giving me the opportunity to find this place. My grandparents had also died right around that time and I was feeling really guilty and shitty about it so if anything, they're also to blame (sorry grandma and grandpa).