• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about / find your way to SanctionedSuicide? (2nd poll)

• The BBC

Votes: 65 3.1%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 188 8.9%
  • Tantacrul's YouTube video

Votes: 893 42.1%
  • A forum or social media platform (facebook, twitter, etc)

Votes: 245 11.6%
  • Searching for methods

Votes: 743 35.0%
  • Other news or media

Votes: 88 4.2%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 119 5.6%
  • From a friend

Votes: 62 2.9%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 21 1.0%
  • Other sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 132 6.2%

• Total voters
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
I watched Tantacrul's video, was like "huh that sounds interesting", Googled "ss suicide website", found the name, and here I am.

62.9% of us are here because of people trying to get it taken down and "spread awareness" and I'm not surprised.

I hope those people still look at this site so that they can see that they didn't help to get people off the site (and publicizing it made it harder for users who were already here because they thought their community was getting taken from them; I saw a goodbye post during that time where the person was rushing because they thought the site was going down).

I sort of understand why pro-lifers would want to spread awareness but WHY would anyone think "you know what'll help suicidal people? sharing information about a site I personally believe pushes people to suicide and I'm sure they'll not go check it out."

SS has been helpful to me (mentally, I come here to calm down, not anything else for now), but if those people believed it was that bad why publicize it???

JinZhin

JinZhin

Student
Nov 2, 2021
4chan, not sure how it gotten to that point, it was before all of the news drama

noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
This site was recommended to me by a good person whom I met on antinatalism on reddit. May his (and my) suffering end forever.

Reactions: lessthanperfect
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Reddit. 2meirl4meirl subreddit had a pinned post mentioned this site.

xX.Xx

xX.Xx

-
Nov 30, 2023
I follow The Daily Mail on Snapchat, and they posted an article about this website. I was feeling down, and was curious about what this website had to offer. I was surprised and elated to find a place where people can actually talk freely about CTB, and now here I am.

Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
oddly enough I found this site off 4chan's /r9k/ board

B

binkie

Oct 15, 2023
Tantacrul's video, but funny enough I recognized the site immediately because I had been here looking at methods back in my teens. 23 now and still dealing with the same shit. I don't really wanna live, but I don't want to never make art again either

Passenger01

Passenger01

Oct 13, 2022
Hi,
Ive lurked here for a couple of years.
To intro myself - in my 50s, 4 kids with a genetic disability so havent worked in years, just the same stuff daily.
Mostly, kids are sound people.
I have hideous ptsd - childhood was bad but adulthood has provided a series of hugely difficult events leading me to want to bow out of it all for some years now.
Constant flashbacks, very little sleep and a diet of tea and fags.
I found SS after trawling (a little, it was pretty much a simple thing to find) and have been so grateful and glad to find it. The folks running this must be incredibly strong people.
Im so glad this place is here but im crap at posting - well, crap at communicating generally - ptsd has removed my ability and desire to speak up so im fairly well fucked up. No partner, or adult family either.
Hope its ok to post this here - im new to this, not remotely techie - i use firefox on my knackered mobile which seems to block out the names for the buttons so enormous apologies in advance if this is yet another screw up ive managed to create.
Peace to all and much love for those running this site. What an amazing place. I hope i can contribute positively and in ways that help.

koipu1337

koipu1337

Nov 16, 2023
The NYTimes expose about the two original founders of the site, and their doxxing via the Epiq hack, is what led me here

• Informative
Reactions: mad_mongo
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Mildly? And do we really need them in our lives?
lmao I guess how biased the NYT is can be subjective. I'll admit sometimes they skew heavily left wing and I'm a bit sympathetic so I don't realize the extent, but they have a lot of good articles on things that other news agencies don't cover (or that you may not have thought about) that tend to be pretty decently centrist or just non partisan. They lock the good stuff behind their paywall so you have to use a vpn and sort-of-reload their website (press the reload button and then cancel it with the "X" button in google chrome, since the paywall loads last, or swap out your browser email everytime you run out of free articles) so that you don't let their grubby hands on your money.

Reactions: mad_mongo
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
i don't exactly remember everything but first when i was searching for methods, i came across sarco pod in r/interestingasfuck. then i found someone's comment about lostallhope site on r/suicidewatch. then i found some article that says "marquis and serge running a site for ctb". then i just googled marquis and serge and the site was visible on the search results. i don't exactly remember tho. this is all i could recall.

logout_how_do

logout_how_do

Dec 8, 2023
found an article from a blog or small news site after coming across the name of the forum in another article while searching for different things in regards to suicide.

tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I heard about sites like these from people. I've heard about them in pop culture fictional TV shows and crime TV shows based in reality. I have always thought it was a myth besides some of the ones in Japan or South Korea. I've heard about sites like this being shut down so I thought they removed them non stop. Seriously over 10 years since I heard about it on a law and order SVU episode I have searched for something like SS.

I was shocked to finally come across this site after looking up exit bag tips.

I have looked into exit bags many times and had never seen this site before. I couldn't believe what I was seeing after years of looking for a site like this. I was very pleased with the find.

Last edited:
scarac1dal_001

scarac1dal_001

Sep 9, 2023
tantacruls video popped up on my feed and i thought the site was cool, although i respect tantacrul and consider him a good man, i felt like he wasnt giving much thought to why people would be on SaSu, and i was already suicidal by then so i decided to check the site out.

Salmon can't swim

Salmon can't swim

Drowning in a sea of despair
Dec 9, 2023
... I can't remember. It's been 2 fucking days and I've already forgotten. Brain fog is a bitch. From what little I remember though it was either from quora or twitter (probs quora). I was looking for a partner, but the idea of a suicide forum didn't even occur to me until I read the NY times article

Reactions: Mateira
M

Mateira

Oct 30, 2023
End of 2021, in a report from The Times. But I started reading posts about methods at the end of July 2022, when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to throw myself onto the subway track, or some tall building... The "dirty" side of suicide affects me... The possibility of affecting those close to me is bad enough, but the idea of some cleaning staff needing to clean my brain of grout is devastating...

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I remember finding it when i was a teenager (many years ago) because I was wondering if suicide forums existed. I then forgot about it and came back recently to find good methods, but it was significantly harder to find this time around not sure why.

G

_Gemini_

Dec 7, 2023
I found this website after a long search for methods.
It was a coincidence.

I use a translation program, my English is not so good

willow368

willow368

Gone before 20 :) (hopefully)
Dec 12, 2023
My gf told me about it, don't even know why, and she's now mad at me for using this forum ://

sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
The subreddit but idk if it was official or not but it got the hammer and then I searched for a similar place and now here I am

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Was searching for cbt resources and saw this site mentioned in a US National Public Radio story.
Funny enough I have no idea who or what the Tantacrul refers to (and couldn't care less about their views). I still reside in prehistoric times.

Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
I find it ridiculously ironic that Tantacrul's video attempting to decry this site and expose it actually only just brought it more attention to those who needed it as a resource.

PUK30UTMYGUTZZZ

PUK30UTMYGUTZZZ

Dec 8, 2023
I had a friend (who turned out to be a bad person) and they introduced me to this and many other sites, our friendship was weird lolz

jbear824

jbear824

trapped & scared
Jul 4, 2023
I saw it mentioned in the r/suicidewatch subreddit

Katakuri19

Katakuri19

Aug 17, 2023
Tantacrul's video, I guess it completely backfired

underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release