• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about / find your way to SanctionedSuicide? (2nd poll)

• The BBC

Votes: 65 3.1%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 188 8.9%
  • Tantacrul's YouTube video

Votes: 893 42.1%
  • A forum or social media platform (facebook, twitter, etc)

Votes: 245 11.6%
  • Searching for methods

Votes: 743 35.0%
  • Other news or media

Votes: 88 4.2%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 119 5.6%
  • From a friend

Votes: 62 2.9%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 21 1.0%
  • Other sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 132 6.2%

• Total voters
W

WantingOut2

Feb 10, 2024
Was simply searching for methods. Heard of this site late last year. I don't want "help" to live, that's just prolonging misery, I want to die peacefully, to finally have this over.

Last edited:
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
It's hilarious that Tantacrul's YouTube video brought the most new members. I wish he would know this (and care). Oh man do I want to see that face of suprise and regret

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
Was originally on Reddit. I tended to go on r/SuicideWatch when in a bad place, but it's woefully inadequate as people don't really respond to anything, half the stuff people write gets deleted, and I tend to get some person inappropriately chatting me up telling me how I'm wrong about everything. Somewhere in some thread someone mentioned sodium nitrate. Ended up on a Wikipedia rabbit hole. From there, I think from a page on sodium nitrite, Wikipedia linked to a page on SS. Well, that's not exactly hard to Google. Figured I could find more info on SN or other methods. I expected the site to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy (given how many articles discussed it as some teenager suicide honeypot) but was pleasantly surprised by the discussions so I figured why not join.

leyl

leyl

when will i forget?
Feb 9, 2024
[English is not my first language, please be understanding of any grammar mistakes]

I had been looking for methods to die for like years. I finally got access to the dark web through my IT teacher who taught us how. But i'm not really good at navigating it, i really just search "best suicide methods" a few times and that's it.
Now in early 2023 i stumbled upon Tantacruls video and while watching it, i kept thinking "Ah man i'm glad he's talking about this, this really seems like a big problem....what's the sites name". I was hooked, completely. I watched the entire video hoping he would leave any slight hint, looked at the description and i even ran through the comments. I couldn't find anything. After a few hours, i gave up.
And now fast forward a few days ago, i went back on the net looking for methods and, as always, was met with a flow of articles after articles of suicide prevention. And one caught my eyes, it was an interview for an article about a website encouraging young people to commit suicide. I read it, went to the NY times article, and finally: the websites author names. They again didn't disclose the websites name but i copy pasted the creators name and bam. Right there it was. Sanctioned Suicide.
Of course i now know that the website doesn't have for goal to push people to commit.
I've always wanted a space where i can be free to discuss my thoughts and my struggle about suicide. Without having to censor myself or feel bad. So this is really cool!

Reactions: RollingGiant
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Many many years ago, after frequenting r/2meirl4meirl

O

onefixleft

more scared of you
Feb 17, 2024
I was pretty deep in a method research binge. I think I came across some BBC articles/news clips about this awful new rash of suicides and how deadly SN was and I came a runnin'. a bit more digging found you guys. I'm relieved I found this place

ReadyOrNot?

ReadyOrNot?

gave up on life long ago
Feb 13, 2024
Ironically I really heard of this site in Tantacrul's Video first. Not by name though.
After that I don't really remember, from Reddit or googling. No methods but Suicide related things to find reliev and a place to talk about it.

JezebelDuLioncourt

JezebelDuLioncourt

Feb 23, 2024
Came across the NYT article (dated 12/9/21) a few days ago. The article was blatantly biased, with the authors unabashedly practicing virtue signaling, obviously wanting to cancel the original administrators by naming them, whom I googled furthermore, which led me to SaSu's Wikipedia page. Whoa!

Finally! Exactly what I had been hoping to find! I feel relieved that this type of online resource actually exists. I am grateful to the people who fight to keep this site going.

If my suicidal aspiration pans out because of this site, I'm going to make a small donation, as a token of my gratitude, before I catch the bus homeward.

Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead 💤
Nov 29, 2021
If I recall correctly, I was on a downward spiral starting from the Church of Euthanasia site, through maybe 5 other obscure webpages, until I made it here.

lovedread

lovedread

thinking abt how shauna ate jackies ear
Jan 2, 2020
google search led me to lostallhope and. phils helpful handbook then here...years back like 2019. eventually got an acc ofc

lonelyraven

lonelyraven

Feb 26, 2024
It was a mix for me. I first saw a small commentary YouTube channel covering SS. Then the next day I saw an official new article about it.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Was looking for an open forum to talk about suicide, (since most reddit subs are strict about what you can say to a person who says they're suicidal,, can't discuss method, r/suicidewatch is a shit show, can't discuss too in depth, no real responses on there at all in spaces where it's cool to talk about I just melted back into self harm forums but those are kinda censored too, it's a mess) + my plans and I found SaSu on a whim pretty much during my research, because the suicide forum is strictly pro life, and both them and depressionUnderstood are pretty dead, so.

only the next natural stopping point

T

TheDepartureLounge

Feb 24, 2024
I was searching for an alternative to pills (of which I have a stockpile). I found my first visit very profitable. I was excited to discover helium for example, not to mention the WOZZ Foundation booklet (also recommeneded on this site). Sadly my enthusiasm has subsequently dissipated as company after company tell me they won't deliver to residential addresses or even let me collect in person. I boned up on the art of seam welding to sound convincing but no-one in my area of England is willing to budge unless you're a business customer. Frustrating.

O

orange-waffle

Sep 22, 2023
google! i just search on how to ctb peacefully

I

imnotsurewhy

Feb 19, 2024
I just put in the phrase i want to die into Google And scrollled a bit through pro-life bullshit

imsotired35

imsotired35

She/her
Apr 6, 2024
Read about 'suicide forum' in a thriller book. Searched google and came across this site. From what the book described I would say it was based on this site or similar

Elijahh

Elijahh

Hmmm
Mar 24, 2024
I literally just typed "forums that help with suicide" and I found a SaSu wikipedia page

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I found it when I was searching for methods. I lurked for a few days and then joined
It's hilarious that Tantacrul's YouTube video brought the most new members. I wish he would know this (and care). Oh man do I want to see that face of suprise and regret
Streisand effect be like:

Last edited:
Astoria

Astoria

Mar 31, 2024
Answer(s):
1. Tantacrul's YouTube video
2. Other sources - please leave a comment

I first heard about it when I stumbled across Tantacrul's Youtube video. I didn't try to look for the site, but remember wanting to join it. I was already suicidal at the time. When I actually learned the name of the site it was because I was looking for a suicide forum. In fact, at first I didn't realize it was the same site as in the video until I saw people talk about it.

Reactions: melancholymallory03
Ociv

Ociv

Don't fear what's in your head
Mar 29, 2024
Other source:

I watched an iceberg video. it mentioned a weird religion about suicide. i went down an internet research rabbit hole and found this.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
LOL I guess tentacle did the exact opposite of what he wanted to do. I saw the video once it name was posted on here but it's amazing to me how many people found this through him
That's not even contingent with his message😂😂, want kids to stop committing suicide ?
Shows kids website they can easily find for suicide instead of just focusing on the justice for the families

A

AlternativeBagel

Mar 12, 2024
I was just Googling to see if there are any suicide related forums out there. Like I knew of r/suicidewatch like an above commenter said but that's not what I was looking for.

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
This forum was created by two people that created two different forums. That's why I wanted to join, although they wouldn't accept my account, LOL. When they left, I was accepted. Good thing they left. 🤣

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
It's hard to remember since this was like 3 years ago, but I belive I was just randomly searching on Tor or something for a pro-choice suicide forum or group where I could research ctb methods and randomly came across this one somehow. I was on some on discord, but they kept getting deleted by discord so...

actualfemcel

actualfemcel

Mar 30, 2024
Tantacrul's YT video. I always found it suspicious that his grudge with this place was because one of his own server members joined the site. What action of his led to that person coming here?

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Through another censored forum that uses XenForo discussing SaSu being censored.