• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
Week 19 Challenge: Share some art

Are there any works of art you have seen that you are really fond of or that resonated with you? They could be famous or obsure or just a random picture you like or relate to. Maybe you would like to share some here and talk a little but about the piece.

This is one of Claude Monet's Water Lillies paintings that I was fortunate enough to see in real life. I never reall apreciated at like this before, at first glance it just looks kind of messy and bland. Somebody I was with told me just to sit and look at it for 5 minutes, not really looking for anything, just being there with the painting. It's such a large parting in real life and was a really immersive experience. I can't really explain it but I've never forgotten that time just sitting there. There wasn't anything inparticular that stood out it was just like being one with the painting
View attachment 130881

This is a random photo I saw as the background for some music I was listening to on youtube. It just struck as being really beautiful. There is something about two friends holding hands and skipping along. The night is theirs and they have the world at their feet. The blur just makes it more animated and gives the picture life!
View attachment 130882
Been a while since the last time I posted.
Found this on pinterest a while back and saved it for some reason.
672993ae01e093d6faea40fd64b3eed8

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Thanks for posting this thread. This is the wallpaper on my desktop. I like fantasy themes.
Nice, I like fantasy themes too. My desktop theme is actually a piece of work by a friend I met on here, they are extremely talented. I can't share it though as it would potentially dox them
I like Jimmy Alonzo.
Wow they seem like a very cool and unique artist, I've never heard of them before or seen their work. I will have to check out more
Been a while since the last time I posted.
Found this on pinterest a while back and saved it for some reason.
Yes it has been a while! welcome back, really cool pic

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
alright, my real wheelhouse is art. was originally an art student so thank you for the go ahead to post some of my art folder lol

ill add more if wanted
Wow that is a whole lot of art haha. Very interesting and provocative. I like a lot of these. I feel like you should have explained more about them. Which is your favourite and why? What do they mean to you? What types of style are they? Sometimes with art I think I could take for ages just about one picture.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i prefer substance, detail and mood over pure action i guess. several repeat artists are beksinski, amano and mike ludlow, i admire how theyre all able to combine beauty with a realistic sharp or dark edge. they create a "feeling" one can sink into, as though theres a world within the art itself. zdzisław beksiński in particular (the very detailed dead bodies and terrifying/dreamy lanscapes) is known as the nightmare artist. suffering endless nightmares myself for over a decade at this point, i find his works eerily accurate. i admire the human form and anatomy a lot though im not nearly as talented as higher end pin up artists or detail oriented people like h.r. geiger (last painting i posted, a jodorowskys dune concept piece). im also a sucker for art deco and art nouveau themed works, intimacy and sensuality. they allow me to feel a sense of relaxation and ability to flow with the lines and forms. im not really into waxing poetic about what art is supposed to "mean" as it's usually open to interpretation based on opinion. to me, art makes more sense and is easier to grasp than reality. i can paint a very intricate "successful" piece and find some satisfying result. i cant really do that often in the real world.

these are old and im not exactly proud any longer but they are my own works:
20180104 130207 1 20180104 130719 1 20230729 135657 20180104 122151 1 20180104 122333 1 20180104 124933 20180110 013501 20230822 132739
Sketch 1709242456749
Sketch 1709083945350
20240204 033327
a lot of these are taken on a not great camera with non ideal lighting, unfinished sketches etc. finishing works is very hard to me lol
20180104 131736 1

Last edited:
C

consider

My English is not good, sorry. Still learning.
Jul 23, 2023
There are very excellent works! I have recently suffering from bad dissociation which is like 24/7, but I feel like reconnected with the world while I watched your works, I even don't have an artistic sense. It touches me deeply.

• Hugs
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

Sep 25, 2023
There are very excellent works! I have recently suffering from bad dissociation which is like 24/7, but I feel like reconnected with the world while I watched your works, I even don't have an artistic sense. It touches me deeply.
thank you and im very glad for anyone to find anything positive in my work :)

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
i prefer substance, detail and mood over pure action i guess. several repeat artists are beksinski, amano and mike ludlow, i admire how theyre all able to combine beauty with a realistic sharp or dark edge. they create a "feeling" one can sink into, as though theres a world within the art itself. zdzisław beksiński in particular (the very detailed dead bodies and terrifying/dreamy lanscapes) is known as the nightmare artist. suffering endless nightmares myself for over a decade at this point, i find his works eerily accurate. i admire the human form and anatomy a lot though im not nearly as talented as higher end pin up artists or detail oriented people like h.r. geiger (last painting i posted, a jodorowskys dune concept piece). im also a sucker for art deco and art nouveau themed works, intimacy and sensuality. they allow me to feel a sense of relaxation and ability to flow with the lines and forms. im not really into waxing poetic about what art is supposed to "mean" as it's usually open to interpretation based on opinion. to me, art makes more sense and is easier to grasp than reality. i can paint a very intricate "successful" piece and find some satisfying result. i cant really do that often in the real world.

a lot of these are taken on a not great camera with non ideal lighting, unfinished sketches etc. finishing works is very hard to me lol
Those are some amazing pieces of work. Thank you for explaing a bit about the artists and how their works resonates with you. I've never really studied art in that great depth. I always felt like "I like this picture but I don't know why, just something about it". I do think if you have trouble grasping or navigating the real world art can be a great escape.

I have always been interested in art but mainly for me it has been purely practical. Like I can sketch but it's really just how well I can capture a scene on paper. I've never really used it create anything or explore. Also I've spent a great deal of my life painting models. Again this was mainly for practical purpose, to add colour and detail to a grey plastic model. It has given me oppurtunities to be creative, learn techniques and study the human form so I think there is some element to "art" in what I do.

Also I love thing you do with the "these weren't taken with a great camera" I do that all the time, I take a photo of something and it's not the same, so I start to doubt how good it looks, it's kind of like the strive for perfection. That's something I've always struggled, like dealing with things not being perfect and I think it some ways I've come some way to resolve at I've got older, just being happy with something unfinished or not quite perfect.

• Hugs
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 20 Challenge: Collaboration art

Sorry for the consecutive art challenges but been playing a few drawing games and wanted to try something. Sometimes we can become too attached and protective over our own work so it can be a good exercise to give up our securities and share work among a group.

How this works: I have provided an image below, all you need to do is save it, open it up in whatever art program you use (I just used paint) and add to the image. Then you repost the new image for somebody to carry on going. You can alter the current image in any way you see fit. You can add detail/colour, you can expand or alter exisitng work or start something new in a new space. It's open to anyone. Add as much or as little as you want.

Some general guideline. Try to keep it clean (no NSFW) and avoid innuendo, it can be fun but maybe try to keep this one a bit wholesome for now. Also be respective of other peoples work, Obviously you will be altering their stuff but try not to completely delete it.

Start

Spectre

Spectre

Student
Nov 27, 2023
Week 20 Challenge: Collaboration art

Sorry for the consecutive art challenges but been playing a few drawing games and wanted to try something. Sometimes we can become too attached and protective over our own work so it can be a good exercise to give up our securities and share work among a group.

How this works: I have provided an image below, all you need to do is save it, open it up in whatever art program you use (I just used paint) and add to the image. Then you repost the new image for somebody to carry on going. You can alter the current image in any way you see fit. You can add detail/colour, you can expand or alter exisitng work or start something new in a new space. It's open to anyone. Add as much or as little as you want.

Some general guideline. Try to keep it clean (no NSFW) and avoid innuendo, it can be fun but maybe try to keep this one a bit wholesome for now. Also be respective of other peoples work, Obviously you will be altering their stuff but try not to completely delete it.

View attachment 131614
Start finished
I am an artist!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 21 Challenge: Change your diet

We often hear alot about how our diet can effect our health both physically and mentally. There are a lot of diets or fads going around like Intermittent fasting, keto diets, anti inflammatory diets. I do think that everybody is different and comlicated, what works for somebody may not work for somebody else. Also it's definitely true that people have interlorances to certain foods. It can be very hard to motivate yourself to make dietary changes, it can be expensive too. It's easy and also part of our self destructive natures just to consume junk, not to mention the market forces at play encouraging it. I think it could be beneficial to look into though even if you just make some small changes.

I am going to share 3 tips of things that I changed that what quite easy to do and I have found benifited me.

1. Substitute regular chocolate for dark chocolate. Some dark chocolate (the kind made with 70% cocoa or more) can acually be good for you if eaten moderately. It's much healthier than the high in sugar and over processed regular kind. The higher the percentage of cocoa the better but the higher ones can be quite bitter. It's usually more expensive too but this can help you ration, so if it's twice as expensive just ration yourself to half as much when you have a treat.

2. Eat plenty of berries. berries like blueberries or rasberries and rich in anti-oxidants and good source of vitamins and minerals. I usually like to have some strawberries and blueberries on pancakes or french toast. Probably not the healthiest way to eat them but I always feel better afterwards. Again they can be expensive but if you are fortunte enough to live near edible wild berries you can pick your own and get out in nature at the same time.

3. Swap processed potato fries for carrots or sweet potatoes. I don't know how healthier this is but I used to eat far too many potato fries. Now I will buy some raw carrots or sweet potatoes and cut them into the shapes of fries or wedges. Add a little oil and seasoning then cook in oven for about 25 mins. It's a lot cheaper and I assume healthier alternative.

Everybody please share any diet changes that worked for you or any tips you have!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 22 Challenge: Help me make a playlist

Hello everyone, how about this week we make a playlist full of songs from everybody that has been a part of this thread or any new people that want to to join in

Just supply one song and I will add it to my new playlist and you can do the same if you like. You can choose it for whatever reason you like. It could be your favourite song, a song that encapsualtes you, somthing motivational or uplifting or just something you are listening to right now

Here is my contribution, not sure if I have a favourite song but I have loved this for a very long time.

Kimlett

Kimlett

Jan 7, 2024
That's an awesome song.

I'd like to share a song I discovered recently and it impressed me. It's so powerful and addictive.

Btw thanks @carac, I think you make a great work with this thread. I've not participated much but I'm always curious about what will be next week's challenge, and that helps a little.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
That's an awesome song.

I'd like to share a song I discovered recently and it impressed me. It's so powerful and addictive.

Btw thanks @carac, I think you make a great work with this thread. I've not participated much but I'm always curious about what will be next week's challenge, and that helps a little.

Chooooon! lol, I love this song. Two songs now in my playlist, it's a start, thanks!

Start

Reactions: Kimlett
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

Sep 25, 2023

i used to live with a record producer/dj, i have music for fucking days lemme know what genres/songs you like and ill dig

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
i used to live with a record producer/dj, i have music for fucking days lemme know what genres/songs you like and ill dig
Hmmm but what if you could only pick one of these, what would it be?

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

Sep 25, 2023
also apologies for not replying in a while, this thread is great. the thing in dark chocolate thats good for people is polyphenols. in moderation its actually quite good for certain depression symptoms :) carrot fries are really tasty when seasoned right. its pretty easy to throw together a seasoning mix that tastes just like seasoned/steak fries from restaurants.
Hmmm but what if you could only pick one of these, what would it be?
oof thats like picking children (i didnt see the "post one song" part im so sorry)

Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
also apologies for not replying in a while, this thread is great. the thing in dark chocolate thats good for people is polyphenols. in moderation its actually quite good for certain depression symptoms :) carrot fries are really tasty when seasoned right. its pretty easy to throw together a seasoning mix that tastes just like seasoned/steak fries from restaurants.

oof thats like picking children (i didnt see the "post one song" part im so sorry)
haha no worries, I will just have to listen to them all and pick one for myself

• Love
Reactions: lita-lassi
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

Sep 25, 2023
due to no one else participating:

• Love
Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 23 Challenge: End

It is with regret that I have decided to call a halt to the weekly challenge thread. Take up has been falling and it is a struggle to come up with a new challenge every week.

I would like to thank everybody that contributed, it was really fun seeing all your responses. Even if only one person completed a challenge one week it was heartwarming.

I hope people carry on reading the thread and completing the old challenges even in my absence. I won't be replying or responding to anymore posts here

Peace out

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 23 Challenge (real): Share a picture of something you like doing

Sorry for the poor attempt at an April fools. So the real challenge this week is a simple one and was a suggestion. Just share a picture of a hobby you have or something you enjoy doing.
Obviously try no to post something that will dox you

Here is a pic of some Doctor Who models I painted and one of the things I like doing is painting models
Doctor who

salai

salai

Oct 31, 2023
@carac You April fools absolutely got me! By the way the models you painted are amazing! :)

Hello everyone,

I enjoy painting and doodling pretty much so I'm here to share with you a digital drawing I recently did.
It represents the cycle of life and death.

IMG 0435

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

Sep 25, 2023
you ass i didnt even realize what day it is lmao thank you for not closing the thread for serious

i like baking!

molasses/pumpkin spice cookies with a vanilla/cinnamon/lemon icing
Signal 2021 12 31 11 22 19 510

fudge brownies with like 5 extras in the batter and strawberry slices on top
Signal 2022 02 11 20 27 38 455

amaretto chocolate toffee cupcakes with cream cheese and toffee dipped frosting
20210829 005549

chocolate chunk and toffee cookies with a bunch of modifications
20220524 015658

some crazy experimental (but highly successful) blueberry streussel coffee cake with choc chips, almond slivers and added spices
Signal 2022 02 18 23 38 40 023

dark chocolate cookies with gooey salted peanut butter and honey cores

experimental chocolate oatmeal molasses cookies that felt like very light fluffy cupcake tops
Sketch 1671290571508

chocolate crinkle cut cookies
Signal 2022 12 21 111138
some no-bake high protein oatmeal cupcakes
Signal 2022 10 07 23 28 46 235

and some random extras like those pancakes i mentioned way earlier in the thread
20230624 165937
20220819 133239
mushroom choco
20230430 170916
Signal 2022 12 17 13 11 56 177 20221220 012628

Last edited: