• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bramblebamblebambe

bramblebamblebambe

Jan 3, 2023
Do you think they are referring to our inner child?

Also reminded me of a really good Ted talk called Do schools kill creativity? by Ken Robinson.
Oh that's really interesting I didn't think of that, but yea that makes sense by showing up you heal your inner child wounds.

Sounds interesting, will check it out.✨

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
"You're allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress." I don't know the original person who wrote that, I found it on Pinterest. I wrote it in my "things to remember" page on my scrapbook. It's such a great reminder that you don't have to be fine all the time to be perfect.
Yea for people that are perfectionists this can be an important thing to rememember and reaffirm to yourself. Some of the best quotes are just random ones with no name to them. Sometimes you just need to be comfortable as you are even if it's not great, otherwise and anxiety and fear of desperately feeling like you need to improve can sometimes make you worse.

Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
Welcome to the weekly challenge thread!

How this works: Each week I will try to post a challenge. Challenges are open to anyone who wishes to take them up. The intention of the challenges is to give us all a bit of motivation. Maybe push us to try something we might not normally try and to get involved in an activity that we can share with others.

Rules: There are no strict rules only informal guidelines.
Challenges are open to your own interpretation so feel free to be as creative as you want and do as little or as much as you want. You are welcome to adapt the challenge to suit your own needs and requirements.
Challenges should be completed by the end of the week but this is not strict, if you see an old challenge you want to do, by all means show us. If you are a couple of days late, who cares?
Proof of completing challenges is welcome but not neccesary. I will try to post evidence such as a photo but if you want to just write that you completed it and say what you did then great. Also challenges will differ in nature so the nature of the evidence may change but please be aware not to dox yourself if this is an issue for you.

Challenge Submissions: I doubt I will be able to maintain coming up with a new challenge every week so if yo have any ideas for a challenge please submit them to me via pm and I will consider using them. This is also welcome as I would like to get other peoples perspectives on how they want to challenge people, not only my own.
Week One Challenge: Draw a Pokemon!

View attachment 121969
It's bit ugly but it's mine <3
Week Three Challenge: Abstinence!
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.
Ive been wanting to do this anyways so nice to have some extra motivation ^^
Week two i am already learning a new language: french
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_f15c6e2c-02de-4414-aa6b-35ee94a2b7c9.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_f15c6e2c-02de-4414-aa6b-35ee94a2b7c9.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 0
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
It's bit ugly but it's mine <3

Hey, you are most welcome, pokemons are never ugly
I'm not sure what you are giving up but hope it all goes well and good luck with the french I'm sure that will come in handy ;)

Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
Week 12 Challenge: Share a quote

Do you have a favourite quote from a book, TV show or Movie, maybe something from a philosopher or wise person, or maybe just something somebody said to you one day? Share it here and you could also say a little about what it means to you. There are some quote threads here alrady if you want to go take a look at some for inspiration. You could also trying looking up some quotes and see if anything resonates with you.

I have a couple but I will just share this one for now. It's from Buffy the Vampire Slayers and I think I have mentioned it a couple of times here already. It helped me get through some extremely tough times when everyday felt like a war. It helped me feel like I wasn't alone when it seemed everyone else had such an easy time compared to me. And I by no means think that the opposite is true, that it is weak to give up fighting. Sometimes we have no choice. But for now we are here and still strong and we are enduring. Remember we are not alone in our fight.
And still the raven
Remains in my room
No matter how much I implore.
No words can soothe him;
No prayer remove him.
And I must hear forever more:
Quoth the raven: Nevermore!

From a song that is based on "The Raven".
Not very uplifting, sorry, but it resonates with me.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
And still the raven
Remains in my room
No matter how much I implore.
No words can soothe him;
No prayer remove him.
And I must hear forever more:
Quoth the raven: Nevermore!

From a song that is based on "The Raven".
Not very uplifting, sorry, but it resonates with me
Doesn't have to be uplifting at all. I know the Raven from the Simpsons, if featured in a halloween special. Very interesting poem and a kind of different take on the concept. Feels similiar to the notion of the black dog.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
stupidtwink

stupidtwink

Feb 6, 2023
Week 12 Challenge: Share a quote

Do you have a favourite quote from a book, TV show or Movie, maybe something from a philosopher or wise person, or maybe just something somebody said to you one day? Share it here and you could also say a little about what it means to you. There are some quote threads here alrady if you want to go take a look at some for inspiration. You could also trying looking up some quotes and see if anything resonates with you.

I have a couple but I will just share this one for now. It's from Buffy the Vampire Slayers and I think I have mentioned it a couple of times here already. It helped me get through some extremely tough times when everyday felt like a war. It helped me feel like I wasn't alone when it seemed everyone else had such an easy time compared to me. And I by no means think that the opposite is true, that it is weak to give up fighting. Sometimes we have no choice. But for now we are here and still strong and we are enduring. Remember we are not alone in our fight.
View attachment 126744
I workshopped the start of a scrapped essay I wrote a while ago. I don't really know if this would still be the quote I'd pick, but at the time I was really into this quote. If I were to retry writing this essay I'd probably pick something more romantic and beautiful like a Sufjan Stevens lyric.

"The best moment of love is when the lover leaves in the taxi." – Michel Foucault

I remember reading this quote in a bathroom lacking any meaningful context: just a black and white image of the postmodernist philosopher deep in thought with bold, white, Times New Roman letters in some Facebook page. Originally, these words were intended as a commentary on gay hookup culture, but for me, their impact moves beyond that. Foucault's words are the explanation for why I write at 10pm every day in my journal. I cannot allow life to pass right through me, unconsciously accepting whatever comes my way. The only way I can love life is appreciating each intricacy: the mechanical contraptions that register keypresses, the feeling of a fountain pen gliding across paper: life is stored within our reflection of it.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I workshopped the start of a scrapped essay I wrote a while ago. I don't really know if this would still be the quote I'd pick, but at the time I was really into this quote. If I were to retry writing this essay I'd probably pick something more romantic and beautiful like a Sufjan Stevens lyric.

"The best moment of love is when the lover leaves in the taxi." – Michel Foucault

I remember reading this quote in a bathroom lacking any meaningful context: just a black and white image of the postmodernist philosopher deep in thought with bold, white, Times New Roman letters in some Facebook page. Originally, these words were intended as a commentary on gay hookup culture, but for me, their impact moves beyond that. Foucault's words are the explanation for why I write at 10pm every day in my journal. I cannot allow life to pass right through me, unconsciously accepting whatever comes my way. The only way I can love life is appreciating each intricacy: the mechanical contraptions that register keypresses, the feeling of a fountain pen gliding across paper: life is stored within our reflection of it.

Yea I think sometimes it's not the quote itself it can be our state of mind when reading it and how it resonates with us at the time and from out personal experiences. If I am being honest I still don't completely understand what it means or maybe it just doens't relate to me. I think what you wrote about experiencing life through it's little intricacies was far more poignant.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 13 Challenge: Give someone a compliment

This week I want you to try and compliment somebody. It could be somebody on here or somebody elsewhere. Somebody in your life that you would really like to say something nice to.
There is a member appreciation thread you can use https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/member-appreciation-megathread.82684/page-8

I have already dropped mine, I hope I didn't embarass anybody too much, I was really anxious writing them. I just wanted to say there are so many amazing people here so I am sorry if I didn't mention you but I am thinking of many.
And also, everybody that has contributed to this thread so far, you are amazing!

Maeve

Maeve

Jul 17, 2023

This week I want you to try and compliment somebody. It could be somebody on here or somebody elsewhere. Somebody in your life that you would really like to say something nice to.
There is a member appreciation thread you can use https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/member-appreciation-megathread.82684/page-8

I have already dropped mine, I hope I didn't embarass anybody too much, I was really anxious writing them. I just wanted to say there are so many amazing people here so I am sorry if I didn't mention you but I am thinking of many.
And also, everybody that has contributed to this thread so far, you are amazing!
Ezzz thanks for making those Challenges they give something to archive in the week and not just rotting in bed

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Ezzz thanks for making those Challenges they give something to archive in the week and not just rotting in bed
Hmmm was that a compliment for me or are you going to give one to somebody else? I think you should, I feel like that was too easy otherwise

Maeve

Maeve

Jul 17, 2023

i did it <3
barely
but i managed to stay off drugz
i was alredy weening off so yea nice motivation
tho i did...
but i managed a week (1.5 if you dont count a quarter of a beer i had with my dad :)

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
i did it <3
barely
but i managed to stay off drugz
i was alredy weening off so yea nice motivation
tho i did...
but i managed a week (1.5 if you dont count a quarter of a beer i had with my dad :)
Congratulations you deserved that quarter of a beer. I am so proud of you

bramblebamblebambe

bramblebamblebambe

Jan 3, 2023
Soooooooo 😅 recently I have been trying to get at out and go to the park to feed the birds, ducks and squirrels, but also try and talk to more people cause I don't really see or talk to many irl and the best I have found is dog walkers! I find it so easy to compliment the dogs but today I tried complimenting the owner too, man was it cheeeeezy 😅 I said something like, 'what a lovely happy fluffball oh but you're lovely too miss, we always forget the humans', I think I wasn't creepy more goofy cause she smiled! It felt good to make someone smile not expecting anything back. Will try to do more 😁🙏✨

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023

This week I had a lovely client. When I walked in and had taken my winter jacket and boots off we hugged and I told him that he smells very good. He said that that meant a lot to him since he doesn't receive compliments at home. I also told him how much I appreciate how kind he is; he's a true gentleman! ❤ It felt good knowing that my small compliments had a big effect on him. I can't wait to see him again soon!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Soooooooo 😅 recently I have been trying to get at out and go to the park to feed the birds, ducks and squirrels, but also try and talk to more people cause I don't really see or talk to many irl and the best I have found is dog walkers! I find it so easy to compliment the dogs but today I tried complimenting the owner too, man was it cheeeeezy 😅 I said something like, 'what a lovely happy fluffball oh but you're lovely too miss, we always forget the humans', I think I wasn't creepy more goofy cause she smiled! It felt good to make someone smile not expecting anything back. Will try to do more 😁🙏✨
Yea I am a dog walker too and other dog walkers are some of the most friendliest and easiest people to talk to. I get really self conscious about what I say to other people and what I sounded like, I can ruminate on it for hours, when they probably didn't give it a second thought. Well done for having a go.
This week I had a lovely client. When I walked in and had taken my winter jacket and boots off we hugged and I told him that he smells very good. He said that that meant a lot to him since he doesn't receive compliments at home. I also told him how much I appreciate how kind he is; he's a true gentleman! ❤ It felt good knowing that my small compliments had a big effect on him. I can't wait to see him again soon!
Yea it can be really anxious giving somebody else a compliment but you can really make their day. Thanks for letting us know all about your experiences

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 14 Challenge: Try some Yoga!

Ok so this one might be seen as a bit of a cliche therapy but why not try some yoga! Do as much as you want, you could start but looking at some poses and just trying one or two, there are some videos on youtube where people will take you through guided sessions, you can do small beginner 10 minutes ones or longer sessions of 30 mins or so. There are also, I believe, apps you can use. Also everyone feel free to share any resources here for people that might like to try someone or ways they could get into it.

Personally I like to use the Wii fit yoga and you don't have to have a wii fit to do them, you can just watch the instructional videos on youtube and go along with them, here is a couple

I like this half moon pose to start off with, it's very easy and great if you spend a lot of time slouched at a screen, maybe try after you have been sitting for a long time to take a break

This second one I find harder to do so I like the challenge and the more I practice it the better I get, you can do each leg

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 15 Challenge: Take a test

Online tests can be a good way to find out a bit more about yourself. Maybe you are feeling a bit lost and feel like you don't have any direction. Obviously there are silly tests you can do just for fun or more serious one based on research. The Miggs-Bryer test is a pretty popular one, there a a few threads devoted to it on here, so that could be worth checking out if you haven't done so already. Here is a link to a site full of different tests you can try, why not share you results! https://www.idrlabs.com/tests.php

I recently completed a likable person test and discoved I am only a somewhat likable person :( https://www.idrlabs.com/likable-person/test.php
Likeable

Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
I did the Hogwarts house test and got Ravenclaw.
https://www.idrlabs.com/hogwarts-house/test.php

hogwarts

spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
i took the likable person test too! i'm greatly likable but im very very sad haha :) so accurate

• Love
Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I did the Hogwarts house test and got Ravenclaw.
https://www.idrlabs.com/hogwarts-house/test.php

I have to confess I do not know all that much about the Harry Potter universe. I am super pleased you took a test and contributed to the challenge, well done and I hope it gave you some insights!
i took the likable person test too! i'm greatly likable but im very very sad haha :) so accurate
Thankyou for joining in with the challenge. Seems like you are an extremely good friend! I feel for you though in the happiness department.

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Week 15 Challenge: Take a test
I would like to join in on the low happiness club! At least I'm likable, but I'm kind of in disagreement— I suppose that's why the happiness score is so low.

69227-E08-1-CAA-43-CA-A6-AA-923-CBA50-B5-CF.jpg

… I also couldn't resist this, but I wish that I did, because being even remotely similar to Glenn is horrifying to me.

4-A700-E4-A-3-D0-D-42-A3-BB15-EA1-EBE3-D70-E1.jpg

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I would like to join in on the low happiness club! At least I'm likable, but I'm kind of in disagreement— I suppose that's why the happiness score is so low.

… I also couldn't resist this, but I wish that I did, because being even remotely similar to Glenn is horrifying to me.
Yea low happiness seems a common theme, welcome to the club :)
The family guy test looks fun although I don't think they should be taken all that seriously, maybe none of the test should, I don't know
unsure about the sources for this quiz but it was fun hehe
Yea that can be a worry, tests like these can just be data mining. I'm kind of at the point now personal were I am careful online but if I worry about everything little things I do it will get to me. Thanks for joining in though, it's much appreciated, I tend to read a lot of heroic fantasy so I imagine my tastes would edge toward the masculine but you never know, I might try it.

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Haha you must be a double agent, either that or you are bi-hogwats house
Did I likeable person test just to remind myself of why I don't have friends and of why I hate myself so much
As I said before, I think kindness is the best attribute and you have plenty of that so I think that's all that matters to some.