• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I just took a cold shower! For science. Took a while to get it cold as I dont think the dial had ever been down that low for a long time haha. When I finally got it completely cold it was a bit of a shock to the system I noticed my breathing started to become more rapid and deeper. I managed about 3 minutes but honestly could have tried for longer as it wasn't causing too much distress. I probably would try again, glad I did it as I am not not as worried about it anymore. I think it's one of those things you need to do regularly to see the benefits and I'm not sure I would be able to keep it going.

Good luck to anyone else who wants to try it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Nine Challenge: Take a hike!

So I've stole this challenge from the recovery section but it's one I've been thinking about doing for a while. So lets get out and do some walking, any amount you can manage but I think a nature walk would definitely be preferential.

You can post updates here or in the original thread https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/take-a-hike.146049/#post-2288965

I'm always out with my dogs a lot so I will try and post some pics if I get a chance

pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023

So I've stole this challenge from the recovery section but it's one I've been thinking about doing for a while. So lets get out and do some walking, any amount you can manage but I think a nature walk would definitely be preferential.

You can post updates here or in the original thread https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/take-a-hike.146049/#post-2288965

I'm always out with my dogs a lot so I will try and post some pics if I get a chance
I'll try to go out tommorow. I've been stuck in my bed for weeks now…

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023

I did walk for 1,5 hours today even though it was freezing outside! It made me feel better but also tired.

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
Well done, that's quite a long walk, sometimes it's nice to come in out of the cold feeling tired, it makes doing something relaxing so much more enjoyable
Oh yeah, it felt so good to plop into bed with some chocolate when I got home!

Reactions: carac
wurr

wurr

If you want, you can talk to me about anything
Jul 17, 2023
Ig today I went around the neighbourhood. Getting to nature by foot in such cold wether would just be painful, so I say good enough

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Ig today I went around the neighbourhood. Getting to nature by foot in such cold wether would just be painful, so I say good enough
It's all a matter of perspective so what ever you can manage you should be proud of. I remember a time when I walked out of the house and went about 3 doors down then had to return home because I was in so much pain but I was proud of myself that I tried.

Reactions: wurr
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Ten Challenge: Have a plan

So this is pretty much a "make a new years resolution" challenge, although I want the challenges to be flexible for people to join at any time. So I am just calling it have a plan. Whatever that plan is and how long you want to do it for is all up to you. You can post here or alternatively there are several new years resolutions threads you can post in for now. Like this https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...2024-on-recovery-section.146836/#post-2299198

My resolution will be to try and keep this challenge thread going, hopefully I can keep it going for another year, thats 50+ challenges to come up with but I'm sure I can make it work and maybe get some help from suggestions along the way!

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
Week Ten Challenge: Have a plan

So this is pretty much a "make a new years resolution" challenge, although I want the challenges to be flexible for people to join at any time. So I am just calling it have a plan. Whatever that plan is and how long you want to do it for is all up to you. You can post here or alternatively there are several new years resolutions threads you can post in for now. Like this https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...2024-on-recovery-section.146836/#post-2299198

My resolution will be to try and keep this challenge thread going, hopefully I can keep it going for another year, thats 50+ challenges to come up with but I'm sure I can make it work and maybe get some help from suggestions along the way!
Mine is to do yoga 3 times a week in January and to continue scrapbooking. I started scrapbooking in late November last year so I'm still in the beginning but it's so much fun!

Edit: I also have a bucket list for this year. So I'm writing it down on my scrapbook and then I'll start completing it.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Mine is to do yoga 3 times a week in January and to continue scrapbooking. I started scrapbooking in late November last year so I'm still in the beginning but it's so much fun!

Edit: I also have a bucket list for this year. So I'm writing it down on my scrapbook and then I'll start completing it.
That sounds so cool, I remember making a scrap book at university for one of the courses and it was a really nice thing to have and to look back at.

The only yoga I have done is on the Nintendo Wii with Wii fit on the balance board, I really liked doing it though. It would be nice to go to a class but it can be so expensive so I often just find stuff I can do at home for free but it can get a bit isolating. I was thinking of doing a challenge one week involving Yoga though.

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
That sounds so cool, I remember making a scrap book at university for one of the courses and it was a really nice thing to have and to look back at.

The only yoga I have done is on the Nintendo Wii with Wii fit on the balance board, I really liked doing it though. It would be nice to go to a class but it can be so expensive so I often just find stuff I can do at home for free but it can get a bit isolating. I was thinking of doing a challenge one week involving Yoga though.
Scrapbooking is very fun and a great way to be creative! I made a "when this started" thing in the 1st page; I drew a calendar and circled the day when I started scrapbooking so I can look back at it later 😊 I have also made two vision boards for this year: one about work stuff and one about all other things.

I don't go to yoga classes either. I use the Track Yoga app at home. It's free to use and it has several different programs. I finished Yoga For Depression last year and am now almost done the Stress Relief program. Yoga is a great way for me to not to focus on anything else than breathing along with meditation. Can't wait for the yoga challenge! ❤

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 11 Challenge: Listen to a podcast

This weeks challenge is to listen to a podcast, it could be anything, your favourite one, a health related one or just a random one.

I haven't listened to any yet for this challenge so I am open to suggestions. Post any recommended podcasts here and I will give them a listen (time constraints considered). If I dont get any recommendations I have some ones that a friend made that I have been meaning to listen to for a while.

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
Week 11 Challenge: Listen to a podcast

This weeks challenge is to listen to a podcast, it could be anything, your favourite one, a health related one or just a random one.

I haven't listened to any yet for this challenge so I am open to suggestions. Post any recommended podcasts here and I will give them a listen (time constraints considered). If I dont get any recommendations I have some ones that a friend made that I have been meaning to listen to for a while.
I'm not a big podcast listener but I like Let's Get Into It by Sloan. It's available on Youtube and it's about exposing the nasty people in Hollywood and talking about different, interesting and controversial people like Blaire White or Eugenia Cooney. Sloan is a great interviewer and such a sweet guy 😍

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I'm not a big podcast listener but I like Let's Get Into It by Sloan. It's available on Youtube and it's about exposing the nasty people in Hollywood and talking about different, interesting and controversial people like Blaire White or Eugenia Cooney. Sloan is a great interviewer and such a sweet guy 😍
Thanks I will check out the Eugenia Cooney episode
First time drawing anything resembling "art"

Forgot to quote week one
No worries I could see what Challenge you were completing haha!
That drawing is cool, really cheered me up and I needed it

bramblebamblebambe

bramblebamblebambe

Jan 3, 2023
Sometimes I listen to the podcast rSlash, it's a guy that reads Reddit stories like AITA, petty revenge, malicious compliance, entitled parents and more!

bramblebamblebambe

bramblebamblebambe

Jan 3, 2023
Hope you like it! Something not too serious, but some stories are crazy.
Thanks, I will check it out tonight before the new challenge tomorrow
Thank you for creating these challenges, I'm new to this side of the forum. 🙏☺️

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 12 Challenge: Share a quote

Do you have a favourite quote from a book, TV show or Movie, maybe something from a philosopher or wise person, or maybe just something somebody said to you one day? Share it here and you could also say a little about what it means to you. There are some quote threads here alrady if you want to go take a look at some for inspiration. You could also trying looking up some quotes and see if anything resonates with you.

I have a couple but I will just share this one for now. It's from Buffy the Vampire Slayers and I think I have mentioned it a couple of times here already. It helped me get through some extremely tough times when everyday felt like a war. It helped me feel like I wasn't alone when it seemed everyone else had such an easy time compared to me. And I by no means think that the opposite is true, that it is weak to give up fighting. Sometimes we have no choice. But for now we are here and still strong and we are enduring. Remember we are not alone in our fight.
Buffy

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
Week 12 Challenge: Share a quote

Do you have a favourite quote from a book, TV show or Movie, maybe something from a philosopher or wise person, or maybe just something somebody said to you one day? Share it here and you could also say a little about what it means to you. There are some quote threads here alrady if you want to go take a look at some for inspiration. You could also trying looking up some quotes and see if anything resonates with you.

I have a couple but I will just share this one for now. It's from Buffy the Vampire Slayers and I think I have mentioned it a couple of times here already. It helped me get through some extremely tough times when everyday felt like a war. It helped me feel like I wasn't alone when it seemed everyone else had such an easy time compared to me. And I by no means think that the opposite is true, that it is weak to give up fighting. Sometimes we have no choice. But for now we are here and still strong and we are enduring. Remember we are not alone in our fight.
View attachment 126744
"You're allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress." I don't know the original person who wrote that, I found it on Pinterest. I wrote it in my "things to remember" page on my scrapbook. It's such a great reminder that you don't have to be fine all the time to be perfect.