Anathema™

Anathema™

Lurking
Feb 9, 2022
I'm just having trouble getting enough posts to come back. idk how many it is and nobody will say so I guess maybe one day i'll be able to or maybe never. not like anyone will miss me there complaining anyway
I see it as 'it is what it is'. I just don't have enough energy to care about the situation. Hope you get back in soon though dude

Reactions: wren-briar and Life_and_Death
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Thnk = ws bcse ppl wre jumpng in2 cht immedi8tly aftr signng up fr frum & cht ws becmng immture & chaotc

Snce th/ chnges cht hs alrdy bcme calmr & qualty of convrsatn = mch richr

S/ = defntly nt abt Ngagemnt farmng

Thnk hpeflly th/ idea wld b fr ppl wh/ alrdy usd cht b4 changs t/ up thr psts & gt accss agn if thy rlly wantd 2 bt fr newr membrs 2 hve accss t/ cht organclly aftr thr membrshp bhavr hs shwn tht thy r joinng as a persn capble of mture N-gagemnt
bump for this great response. thank you mods!

Reactions: wren-briar, NearlyIrrelevantCake and Achromatix
Achromatix

Achromatix

Always Alone
Sep 11, 2022
Hopefully we can all chat again soon :')

Reactions: wren-briar
geogaddi_676

geogaddi_676

Jul 12, 2023
I'm just having trouble getting enough posts to come back. idk how many it is and nobody will say so I guess maybe one day i'll be able to or maybe never. not like anyone will miss me there complaining anyway
I feel the same way, an outsider amongst outsiders, same as IRL, just a burden. Still there are nice people there, and it can be fun to jump into conversations every now and again. i'm sure you will get back soon enough

• Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar, Skathon, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 2 others
mango-meridian

mango-meridian

Apr 5, 2024
On a somewhat related note, does anyone know how to turn off chat notifications? I don't want any. (If I use the chat I'll just watch what people post directly.)

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
On a somewhat related note, does anyone know how to turn off chat notifications? I don't want any. (If I use the chat I'll just watch what people post directly.)

Bottm of settngs -> Prefrncs

all notfcatns cn b actv8td & d-actv8td thre

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar, NearlyIrrelevantCake and mango-meridian
mango-meridian

mango-meridian

Apr 5, 2024
Bottm of settngs -> Prefrncs

all notfcatns cn b actv8td & d-actv8td thre
Thanks! I went there and unchecked the boxes for "Reacts to your chat room message" and "Reacts to your chat conversation message". I couldn't find any other chat-related settings though and I'm still getting notifications for chat. I wonder if this setting hasn't been implemented?

Reactions: wren-briar and NearlyIrrelevantCake
Somebody

Somebody

The Answer is 42
Feb 16, 2021
There should be a cutoff date when the account was made to have access to chat. I don't really post much, but I've been around since 2021, and I don't have access to chat. I don't intent to spam posts to get count up. It does nothing other than spam... It's one of those ideas with good intentions, but shit implementation...

Reactions: willow115, NearlyIrrelevantCake, everosity and 2 others
RollingKinematics

RollingKinematics

Howdy! How ya' doin'?
Jul 11, 2023
Does it only affect new chats, or the old conversations too?

itsover404

itsover404

Mar 10, 2024
I feel the same way, an outsider amongst outsiders, same as IRL, just a burden. Still there are nice people there, and it can be fun to jump into conversations every now and again. i'm sure you will get back soon enough
i doubt it. i've just been sitting alone in my room staring at my hands all day. played a little elder scrolls oblivion. my life has no meaning. i hate being alive

• Aww..
M

moonoverthesea

tired...
Aug 24, 2024
Just a random thought, but would it be a viable idea to make separate rooms for separate levels of user activity? As I remember rooms were already a thing. For example, getting access to a "newbie" room with limits and strict rules after some days/posts, and then getting access to chat proper with the requirements you just instated.

(totally not asking because I find im shy and find it hard to write in threads, and usually i lurk only, so now i have lost access sinche the change ahaha)

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar, willow115, TryAndStopMe and 2 others
LostLittleWolf

LostLittleWolf

Sometimes the best decision is the hardest choice.
Apr 20, 2023
Damn, hopped on for the first time in months to try and check in. Sucks people have to be shitty when we're all already obviously going through it.

Thank you for trying to keep this a safe place for us all.

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar, ilk, genie and 1 other person
G

ghost5555

Oct 4, 2024
I didn't even know there was a chat

X

Xtrawoes2000

Sep 21, 2024
I received some messages recently from members asking why they are unable to enter chat. We changed the requirements to enter chat to prevent trolls and alt-accounts from entering chats easily and pursuing malicious goals. Thanks for your understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to all people who already had access to chat but I can assure that if you keep being active on the site, you'll gain access to chat again in no time. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
Thanks. Wondered.

Reactions: wren-briar and genie
genie

genie

Aug 26, 2024
I enjoyed the chat feature and being able to chat to like minded people. I'm not active enough at the moment to use it but hope to.be again in the future.
Just a random thought, but would it be a viable idea to make separate rooms for separate levels of user activity? As I remember rooms were already a thing. For example, getting access to a "newbie" room with limits and strict rules after some days/posts, and then getting access to chat proper with the requirements you just instated.

(totally not asking because I find im shy and find it hard to write in threads, and usually i lurk only, so now i have lost access sinche the change ahaha)
Good idea. I'm not as active as some users and times when my CTB ideation is less I rarely visit here.

AmIForReal

AmIForReal

Aug 16, 2024
@RainAndSadness
I just gained the possibility to enter the chat again.
I didn't realize that PM's also fall under the definition of chat, so I spent some time looking around where my PM's where. Under conversations, my profile etc.
Can I suggest you edit your original post clarifying that this also includes PM's. Especially as one is allowed to start a chat (through the popup that appears when hovering over their avatar). Maybe even disable this option for whom that has no access to the chat yet, to avoid all confusion?
Or maybe this is just me, and for everyone else all this is quite obvious.

• Informative
C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
Well shucks, I want in on these chats you speak of. 27 (now 28) messages and a 33 reaction score in the last 48 hours 🙃🙃🙃

• Hugs
A

aloicious

Oct 11, 2024
I received some messages recently from members asking why they are unable to enter chat. We changed the requirements to enter chat to prevent trolls and alt-accounts from entering chats easily and pursuing malicious goals. Thanks for your understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to all people who already had access to chat but I can assure that if you keep being active on the site, you'll gain access to chat again in no time. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
Hey there, I just joined and saw this post and wanted to message you but could not figure out how - am I restricted from doing that? I also don't see how to start a thread or search threads. The only thing I seem to be able to do is reply to threads. Perhaps this is normal for new accounts?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
wanted to message you but could not figure out how - am I restricted from doing that?
if need be you should be able to start a ticket under "support ".
I also don't see how to start a thread or search threads
im pretty sure you cant search threads yet

but you should be able to start threads (unless that changed when i wasnt looking). at the top in a purple/bluish square on the right side (possibly depending on the theme and device, but at the top) it should say "post thread". you can find it on the main page (although i wouldnt use that one. can mess up where youre posting it easier) or go in the subforum that youre interested in and it should be in the same spot.

• Informative
drakflowerfire

drakflowerfire

I just want to find my own happiness
Mar 7, 2024
Thank you for that. 🙏

A

aloicious

Oct 11, 2024
if need be you should be able to start a ticket under "support ".

im pretty sure you cant search threads yet

but you should be able to start threads (unless that changed when i wasnt looking). at the top in a purple/bluish square on the right side (possibly depending on the theme and device, but at the top) it should say "post thread". you can find it on the main page (although i wouldnt use that one. can mess up where youre posting it easier) or go in the subforum that youre interested in and it should be in the same spot.
Thank you. I did find a "post thread" button finally. I didn't see any support header but I wrote a message through the "contact" link.

J

JustAnx

Student
Oct 12, 2024
I'm new and didn't know there was a chat. Hopefully soon i'll be worthy of entrance.

Is there an icon that should appear when i'm able to join?

KariNya

KariNya

(Dark) Magical Girl
Sep 19, 2024
I see... it's totally understandable, but i feel sad because i had a really bad relapse and came back to the page after a few weeks. Well, if someone want's to chat about self-hate and wanting to die, send DM's please.

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar and Lestat_201
asiht

asiht

Oct 17, 2019
I'm really distressed over not having access to chat anymore. I always pop in when I'm having some sort of crisis and need company asap. I'm also shy about posting on this forum because I am sort of paranoid about my personal information. Don't know how to cope with this right now

I feel the same way. I guess I'll just have to keep posting until it comes back

mysteryboy

mysteryboy

Feb 8, 2024
I want chat access back :(. It was so fun to communicate with fellow forum members live

dash_

dash_

Dec 31, 2021
May I have permission to enter chat please? I don't really have much to post about on forums. I've been here a long time and have never caused problems. I always went to chat to have some people to talk with when I felt lonely.

• Hugs
F

Flippintogo

Sep 18, 2024
I hope to get chat access back

• Hugs
mint

mint

Jan 11, 2023
I understand why it was taken, but I think the threshold for getting permission is a little too strict, especially for members who already had chat access before. There was something comforting about being able to talk to people there and not have my words lingering in a forum post, ostensibly even way after I'm dead.

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar and xxCuteSprinklesxx
M19R

M19R

Aug 12, 2024
Oh this explains a lot, i thought i had just gone stupid or something and forgotten how to navigate the site

• Hugs