EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
Same, I think? My dad literally told me that I should have cut vertically if I wasn't just seeking attention. What a great memory lol
Once my dad just told me I should just kms and left the house 😜 He asked me to take a lot of paracetamol cause he was sick of me being suicidal

• Hugs
Reactions: FishGoingInsane
I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
Yea some of the critics do care but most of the time it's just a vain virtue signalling attempt. If you really cared you'd try to ctb yourself first before talking
Well not that extreme but you'd at least empathize so you could find the middle ground. Criticizing without empathy is just lazy and you might as well be saying nothing

Reactions: SexyIncél
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
I'm just tired of people not understanding, its my body, my life. I just think i should be able to do what i want without people breathing down my neck telling me to live.
You're absolutely correct about this and this IS the truth. It's YOUR body/life, so it's YOUR choice. No arguments can ever win over that fact, but people are far too brainwashed about how precious life is. No matter what the situation is -- whether your life is going well or it's going really badly, the choice is completely yours on whether it should continue or not. People who chose suicide are manipulated with guilt by being told that others will miss you so think about how they would feel..etc. That's a bull shit maneuver on top of other statements these "supportive" people like to throw at you.

I suggest not watching any videos like that anymore. You know this is a good place for you and there won't be anything like it (as far as we know). So stick with this community for as long as you're alive and ignore the rest of the ignorant criticisms people throw at SS.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessDream
FishGoingInsane

FishGoingInsane

Tired.
Feb 13, 2023
Once my dad just told me I should just kms and left the house 😜 He asked me to take a lot of paracetamol cause he was sick of me being suicidal
Honestly, I would appreciate if my dad just got me what I need to CTB. He wouldn't do that though, he would rather just suggest what I should do instead.

• Hugs
Reactions: EndlessDream
H

HayBunny23

GuiltyLittleBunny
Feb 15, 2023
I actually found this site thru a similar (if not the same)video. The whole time I watched it I got slowly more and more pissed at the people talking about it like a cult. I didn't even have to see the site to know they were just pro life cultist preaching their hypocrisy.
It got me the worse when they talked about goodbye threads. It's beautiful that people who are going to kill themselves regardless of what we say don't have to die alone and full of shame. These people already don't have peace to begin with, it makes me happy there is a community that at least can make them feel connected to others in their last few hours. Members even discourage using methods to ctb unless they are as sure as a human could be about it. They want us to push people to "get help". The reality of what would happen is we would push people out of our group, so they can die alone and scared. People are gonna find a way, and now because of this site, I will die less painfully and less traumatically than I would have otherwise. I WILL kill myself, regardless of being on this site or not. Now I don't have to be alone.
I've had more support and understanding on here than the literal suicide hotline. Yeah, I called them to ask for help finding a social worker and they literally told me EXACTLY THIS " Why do you think everyone should do everything for you."
After being on this site, I've been told that I should have more compassion for myself, and people actually read what I have to say and respond with critical thought. I only hope I can add some positivity back to the group to thank y'all before I go.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hxppythxught and FishGoingInsane
Heartbroken2022

Heartbroken2022

Jan 3, 2023
It's natural that people don't understand. Ask yourselves if there was a time before you reached the point that you started wanting to CTB: Could you understand really why other people wanted to CTB and why such a forum would help them?

Personally I realized that only after I reached this shitty mental situation I really understood what it means to have depression and not to want your life. Before that, I couldn't get it.
You need to experience this situation.
Then they will understand how we feel and how SS helps us.

Reactions: EndlessDream and FishGoingInsane
EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
It's natural that people don't understand. Ask yourselves if there was a time before you reached the point that you started wanting to CTB: Could you understand really why other people wanted to CTB and why such a forum would help them?

Personally I realized that only after I reached this shitty mental situation I really understood what it means to have depression and not to want your life. Before that, I couldn't get it.
Yea like with a lot of things, people don't understand until they're in the situation.

FishGoingInsane

FishGoingInsane

Tired.
Feb 13, 2023

I remember that I used to be really pushy trying to get people that I knew struggled to reconsider or try to "help" them by not leaving them alone. I'm glad I'm not like that anymore, but that was what I was like before I started to struggle mentally and "understand" a bit more, I think. Everyone's situation can be slightly or even majorly different though, so personally, I don't think I'll ever feel fully comfortable telling people "I understand".