astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
"CTB via Seconal overdose"
"overdosed on sleeping pills"
"overdosed on barbiturates mixed with alcohol"

Like keeping rubbing it in that you had it easy smh just took some pills and drifted off to sleep. Golden Age of CTB by OD more like.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: dagyu, Yavannah, mistymoo and 15 others
LongForWordlessSong

LongForWordlessSong

Mar 26, 2024

Like keeping rubbing it in that you had it easy smh just took some pills and drifted off to sleep. Golden Age of CTB by OD more like.
Is it true that these things are just unobtainable now?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Over emotional, can’t handle criticm
Nov 26, 2023
God yes! So accessible! Thought this was just me

Reactions: astonishedturnip
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
I would kill someone to have CTB be so blatantly accessible rn. I agree 100% :')

<3

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and astonishedturnip
Abyssal

Abyssal

Over emotional, can’t handle criticm
Nov 26, 2023
Is it true that these things are just unobtainable now?
The things that killed were made to not kill anymore. I mean as medication goes that's a good thing that you can't die when you just wanna sleep but it's also to ward off suicides too. Haha jk companies don't care it's to ward off lawsuits

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and astonishedturnip
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I would kill someone to have CTB be so blatantly accessible rn. I agree 100% :')

<3
If I ever meet one of the pro-life activists or surviving relatives who make sure reliable CTB methods are completely banned and even removed from search engines, I'm going full orangutan mode. Like I'm sorry for your mf loss but your kid got their hands on SN and died a relatively peaceful death, now you're making ME throw myself off of a hotel balcony and my parents get to cremate literal pulp? FOH. Bring back Seconal already

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, makeitstop___, TheDruBo and 8 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
People are often wistful about the 50's and 60's when it comes to suicide. But having the internet is a pretty good boon I'd say. Not that carbon monoxide and barbiturates technically stopped being options.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep and astonishedturnip
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Didn't Marilyn Monroe ctb from barbiturates?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't know, these methods are so unreliable which is why they are not so popular.

L

lnlybnny

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2024
Sameeee. Also Prince and Michael Jackson, amongst others. I think they had a peaceful death

Reactions: divinemistress36 and astonishedturnip
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really envy them as well, those who were able to die peacefully on their own terms were so fortunate to me. It's devastating to me how we cannot just have the option to die in peace, it's cruel and horrible how I cannot just fall into an eternal, dreamless sleep. It must had been such a relief for those people to be able to die in such a peaceful way.

Reactions: dagyu, sserafim and astonishedturnip
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Where I live, barbiturates are still prescribed to treat seizures, but it's very rare, it's a last resort treatment. You'd better look for phenobarbital or primidone on the darknet.

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36 and astonishedturnip
T

TheDruBo

Orange, I guess.
Jan 25, 2024
This is the worst time period in history. Not just for ctb, but for everything. Imagine being able to just go to your doctor from the 40s to the late 80s and simply say you can't sleep very well. Barbiturate presciption on it's way...That'll do nicely!

Reactions: Yavannah, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
They had it so easy. I am jealous too. I was born in the wrong generation. This 21st century has been a disgrace, humans are deep into a hole instead of advancing with time. They should have made euthanasia a right for everybody regardless of age mental state race religion whatever it is. But that doesnt give them money so of course they wont.

Reactions: astonishedturnip and TheDruBo
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Are y'all forgetting about crack and opioids? and, the Covid…? lol

hiAbbey

hiAbbey

All’s well that ends pretty prettyy prettyyy soon
Sep 30, 2021

Those were the good old days. Harder to live, maybe, but so much easier to die. … lucky, glamorous, VD-ridden, beautiful jerks. Live fast, sort of, use a lot of hair spray, kiss Don Draper looking mofos with perfect pompadours, smoke anywhere and everywhere, and when you get blue, if you don't get forced ECT in an asylum, which frankly would be more exciting than a lot of things, you could just take your current script, die in your sleep, and look fantastic while doing it. Not a her out of place and not a chance of those pills failing you with enough hooch

• Love
Reactions: astonishedturnip