I

iwantttogo

Aug 25, 2018
I wanted to experience what the black out feels like....so I used a scarf to pull as hard as I could until I passed out (at which point the pressure releases), it was like being high on NOS!! There was some pain with the compression but I felt so floaty that I didnt notice the discomfort until after I passed out and came to.
how did you come to if you were still in the noose? sorry if this is dumb

Reactions: Righttodie and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
Here are the pictures of my new situation. I can use a rope or a scarf. Maybe I have to tie up 2 scarfs together, so it would be 1 long scarf.
Any idea is welcome. I am willing to either execute the partial suspension (by using the doorknob, see pictures) or full suspension (see the white big bar(s) at the stairs). Just tell me how so I can just get it over with ASAP.

Everybody on this forum can give his/her opinion on this and let me know if it is possible for me to hang myself in either partial or full suspension. Based on these pictures. I hope to hear something soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 339
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie, justwannadie and 2 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Everybody on this forum can give his/her opinion on this and let me know if it is possible for me to hang myself in either partial or full suspension. Based on these pictures. I hope to hear something soon.
A scarf seems too risky for both partial and full. Can't you get a rope that supports much more than your body weight?
I'd probably use the stairs (no pun intended).

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
As for the stairs, I'm assuming you'll have a time frame during which you'll definitely be alone.

Reactions: Righttodie, Ch92921 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Just a question in case I were to choose full suspension or even hanging:

Any particular methods to avoid 'liberating' yourself, like climbing up the branch and loosening the rope etc. For me, no doubt survival instinct will kick in.

J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
A scarf seems too risky for both partial and full. Can't you get a rope that supports much more than your body weight?
Yes, I have a rope too. I'll will try it with the rope, it is stronger for the full suspension, I think. I did do some testing in another location with the rope and it gets tighter around the neck. I do not know how it would be with the scarf. I will test it to tie it to the handle of the door and see if it is comfortable around the neck if I put some pressure on it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Just a question in case I were to choose full suspension or even hanging:

Any particular methods to avoid 'liberating' yourself, like climbing up the branch and loosening the rope etc. For me, no doubt survival instinct will kick in.
With full suspension, your arteries will be compressed and you'll pass out fast anyway... Not really much time for survival instinct to kick in, and once it's kicked in, you'll become unconscious very quickly. And are you so strong that you would be able to pull up all of your body weight with a noose around your neck? If it was easily done, a lot of people would just pull themselves up.

Reactions: Nullm and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@Tyuiop ,

It may not go as planned and I'd strangle my windpipe rather than the target, I have little strength but also a low body weight ... Just trying to account for the variables. hanging yourself from a branch could set you up for a fail ?

Reactions: Morpheus and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
@Tyuiop ,

It may not go as planned and I'd strangle my windpipe rather than the target, I have little strength but also a low body weight ... Just trying to account for the variables. hanging yourself from a branch could set you up for a fail ?
It could set you up for fail only if you dont choose a branch that can hold your weight. Im not sure about your body weight and the windpipe.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
Hi, I tested it last Saturday. The rope can hold my weight for full suspension. Although, i do have to say that it was uncomfortable and very tight around the neck. It felt like I was suffocating.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018

Why is a scarf too risky? It seems many people succeed with it...

Reactions: AJ95, TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie and 2 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Hi, I tested it last Saturday. The rope can hold my weight for full suspension. Although, i do have to say that it was uncomfortable and very tight around the neck. It felt like I was suffocating.
What did you test exactly? Were you fully suspended for a short time? What level of your neck did you place the rope at? Where did you place the knot (front/back)? Did you notice signs of losing consciousness? After what time?
Lack of comfort is better than a higher likelihood of snapping (in the case of a scarf). A towel can help with the comfort.
Be careful when you test hanging. Parts of your neck (hyoid bone) may break.

Why is a scarf too risky? It seems many people succeed with it...
Do you know how many people failed with a scarf? Are you content with a success rate of 80% (scarf), or would you prefer a success rate of 99.9% (good rope)?
Note the numbers are just examples and are not meant to be taken literally.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
What did you test exactly? Were you fully suspended for a short time? What level of your neck did you place the rope at? Where did you place the knot (front/back)? Did you notice signs of losing consciousness? After what time?
Lack of comfort is better than a higher likelihood of snapping (in the case of a scarf). A towel can help with the comfort.

Do you know how many people failed with a scarf? Are you content with a success rate of 80% (scarf), or would you prefer a success rate of 99.9% (good rope)?
Note the numbers are just examples and are not meant to be taken literally.

Hmm... though for some reason a scarf seems much less scary than a rope. Will have to think it through... Would never use it for full though

J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018

I did 2 tests. First test: I tied the rope to the white bar (see picture). The noose was already made earlier. I put my hand through the noose first (not my head) and I tested to see if the rope can hold my weight by lifting up my legs and literally hang in the air. This test was succesful.

Second test: I put my head through the noose and I was standing on of the steps of the stairs. Then as you can see on the photo that i attached to my message I first put on my hands on the other lower white bar, so I could lift up my legs in the air. Then I carefully released my hands one by one so I could fully experience the full suspension hanging. The knot was in the back not front. As NoLifeNoPain has mentioned on page 1, the rope was automatically placed above the Adam's Apple. This was in my case too. The rope was very tight and uncomfortable, so I used a folded scarf for a better comfort. The scarf was placed in the front so in my throat. See the documentary Autopsy: The Final Hours of Robin Williams, but he used a towel instead.

It was a very short time that I tried this. Probably 15 seconds. I immediately felt a strong pressure in my head, and I was suffocating. My face turned red. No signs of losing consciousness yet. I saw a red line in my mirror that was caused by the rope that stayed there for 15 minutes.

I hope this answers your questions. Thanks for your care. I am not sure though about the drop I have to make. Like you said, I don't want to break my neck or be decapitated. The drop I made was probably 0.5 meter (half of a meter) / 1.64 feet.

• Wow
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, thundersnail, ron_g and 1 other person
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
It was a very short time that I tried this. Probably 15 seconds. I immediately felt a strong pressure in my head, and I was suffocating. My face turned red. No signs of losing consciousness yet. I saw a red line in my mirror that was caused by the rope that stayed there for 15 minutes.

I hope this answers your questions. Thanks for your care. I am not sure though about the drop I have to make. Like you said, I don't want to break my neck or be decapitated. The drop I made was probably 0.5 meter (half of a meter) / 1.64 feet.
Thank you for the detailed description. What you said is not what is supposed to happen. Both carotids should have been compressed. I'd expect loss of consciousness after a few seconds, not much longer than 10 seconds.
Did your noose tighten easily during the hanging? What kind of rope and knot did you use?

I'd assume if you don't intend to do a long drop hanging, a very short drop is fine. The purpose of the drop is to tighten the noose around your neck. You might however prefer to try and pretighten the noose with your hands. If you pull the rope sideways, it may tighten more easily than when pulled upwards.

Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, JH2000 and 1 other person
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
It was a very short time that I tried this. Probably 15 seconds. I immediately felt a strong pressure in my head, and I was suffocating. My face turned red. No signs of losing consciousness yet.
Was your head bent downwards during the hanging?

R

Rsuicidal

Student
Dec 12, 2018
Does thin paracord work if it is the stuff that is supposed to hold 550 lbs? Does thickness of rope have anything to do with comfort?

My spot is near the water heater in a basement but there are walls it is a sort of closet. Is it possible my legs will prop me up and try to save me after I kick a chair away?

Reactions: Righttodie and lv-gras
Deleted member 4040

Deleted member 4040

Nov 17, 2018
Does thin paracord work if it is the stuff that is supposed to hold 550 lbs? Does thickness of rope have anything to do with comfort?

My spot is near the water heater in a basement but there are walls it is a sort of closet. Is it possible my legs will prop me up and try to save me after I kick a chair away?

Although it will work with the thin cord i would atleast use a thicker rope so it won't cut in to your neck area.

If your are fully suspended there and the rope doesnt break then you should be fine. Make sure the rope is tight and above your adams apple.

Personally i wouldn't bother with Partial suspension as there is a chance you wake up with broken neck bones and deep rope cuts around your neck.

Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, lv-gras and 1 other person
J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
Was your head bent downwards during the hanging?
Yes, it was. I was basically looking down. Do you think I should look up next time? I think if I look up, the rope will slide a little more downwards (so probably below the Adam's Apple, I think). If that happens, the attempt is not succesful I guess

Reactions: lv-gras and Morpheus
R

Rsuicidal

Student
Dec 12, 2018
Has anyone had difficulty with full suspention in a corner? Is there a chance I would obtain super strength and somehow get myself propped up using only the walls?

Where I am doing this requires I drill into a beam so I want to be sure I have the right area. I cant think of anywhere else to get up off the floor where I am

Reactions: lv-gras and therhydler
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Yes, it was. I was basically looking down. Do you think I should look up next time?
No, I don't think so. Unless the knot is placed at the front, in which case you'll look up automatically.

Reactions: lv-gras and therhydler
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, Walilamdzi and 3 others
johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
How do people hang themselves with a belt? I stick the tail end in the doorframe and close the door, but if I put any amount of pressure on it, it slowly slides out. It's a normal leather belt, does a thicker one need to be used?

Also, how do people use a doorknob to hang themselves? I've never been able to understand this or picture it. Are doorknobs strong enough to reliably hold someone laying down?

And how do people hang themselves from a doorknob with a belt? That seems virtually impossible to me. How do you even get the tail end of a belt into a knot?

Am I just really stupid or something? I understand how standard partial suspension works, but anything involving doors, doorknobs or belts completely loses me.

And I also hear about people hanging themselves with neck ties - are these really strong enough to hold someone in partial?

With partial, what kind of knot should be used to tie the rope to the fixture?

Sorry for all the questions!

Reactions: Pentobarbital_Plz, LeavingEarly, sadgirl9999 and 7 others
N

noHope97

Dec 13, 2018
Is there a good way to practice partial suspension so that I can know I'm doing it right? I seem to get a rush of blood to the head and tingling lips when I pull hard enough, but cannot get myself to fully passout

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, lv-gras and therhydler
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
If I can't get charcoal in a car, then I feel hanging will have to be the way I go. Swedish guy was an inspiration in terms of his short method, and wasn't disturbed if he hadn't webcam'd it, so it must be quiet enough.

Thank you for this great resource on hanging.

Reactions: lv-gras, MsM3talGamer and therhydler
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
Not just celebrities. It seems like people just do it, but none of us can...I think it may be the myth that partial isn't going to be very painful. You have to prepare for pain I think, a lot of it.
i'm scouring the news on this suicide...hoping the news would give any tips on how she did it... partial or full....

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, lv-gras and therhydler
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
If I can't get charcoal in a car, then I feel hanging will have to be the way I go. Swedish guy was an inspiration in terms of his short method, and wasn't disturbed if he hadn't webcam'd it, so it must be quiet enough.

Thank you for this great resource on hanging.
Swedish guy made it look so easy. I wonder if he took some tranquillizer beforehand. I feel jelly when people manage to do it so smoothly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Swedish guy made it look so easy. I wonder if he took some tranquillizer beforehand. I feel jelly when people manage to do it so smoothly.

What swedish guy?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras