I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
what rope is best to buy off amazon in the uk?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Tiburcio
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
It depends on your weight and how tall are you

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
Im about 5'9 and 62kg or at least around that

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Tiburcio
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
10mm ny´lon, hemp or cotton would be ideal

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie and lv-gras
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
Wish you good luck and a comfortable hanging

Reactions: rinkachan, TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie and 1 other person
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
Take 10mm not 6mm

Reactions: height jumper 69, Yogobro298, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
No 10m length, and 6mm thick

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
But it should be 10mm thick

I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, lv-gras and Tiburcio
D

DoneFighting

Student
Aug 14, 2018
Just how painful do you think full suspension is
I didn't find it to be too painful, but my body panicked and i grabbed the ladder and pulled myself back up after a few seconds. I was using an insurance bag too so I don't know if that contributed to the panic. I tried again last night but I was wasted and on xanax and couldn't get the knot to tighten and i fell. I'm going to try to use a slipknot today. Will still use full suspension just maybe kick the ladder away. I really wanted to use an insurance bag too, but my lizard brain panics too much.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and lv-gras
D

DoneFighting

Student
Aug 14, 2018
I can't get it through that link being in the uk, I was trying to work out which one to get because I know nothing about different types of rope and didn't want to get the wrong one.
1-2-in-x-15-ft-White-and-Beige-Double-Braid-Nylon-Dock-Line is what I'm using. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link on here, it's from a home improvement store. It's a dock line so it can hold up to 650 pounds and is looped on the end so it was easy to secure it to the support beam, I just ran the rope through the loop a few times. It's soft too.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Morpheus and lv-gras
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
So the only problem is you shouldn´t have something to reach next to you, then you would die

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Johanna94, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
D

DoneFighting

Student
Aug 14, 2018
So the only problem is you shouldn´t have something to reach next to you, then you would die
Yeah I'm going to push the ladder away next time and maybe not be so drunk. I was so smashed yesterday I forgot I had ordered $15 worth of mcdonalds for myself last night lol. Nugs for days.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, idontevenknowanymore, Righttodie and 2 others
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
Sounds really like too much alcohol. Hope it ill work for you and that you would have a comfortable hanging.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Johanna94, Righttodie and 1 other person
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
All this time searching to buy rope and I've suddenly remembered I have some in with my BDSM things, idiot. It works for suspension so im guessing it works for this

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
If it´s thick enough. At BDSM suspension you often wrap it multiple times around you, at hanging only one time around your neck

I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
If it´s thick enough. At BDSM suspension you often wrap it multiple times around you, at hanging only one time around your neck

It's thick enough, I checked where I bought it from just now

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
Perfect. good luck. Hope it would be as much pleasure for you as getting BDSM suspended.

I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
Perfect. good luck. Hope it would be as much pleasure for you as getting BDSM suspended.

Thanks, still got planning to do, don't want to get it wrong. I will do it within the next two weeks (hoping on my birthday on the 9th) so plenty of time to test and make sure it will work.

T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
Thank you for this guide. I had always thought it was preferable to calculate the drop height for a full suspension, but I didn't think about the factors which make full suspension pretty difficult. I bookmarked this.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Righttodie and Tiburcio
A

alwaystired96

Aug 24, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that, but don't give up (usually a line for pro-lifers). You'd be surprised at how much shit humans can go through. Everyone's different, and there's a reason humans have been around for so long as the dominant species despite being weaker and slower than a lot of other animals - our will to survive and our intelligence.
I'm new here. Some people just have shitty lives and it's not worth living. I could go on and on about the things that has happened to me and why I'm better off dead. Trust me. I've learned that this world wasn't cut out for me. I've tried to make an effort but the universe won't ever let me succeed. Last week Wednesday night I heard a voice that told me I should kill my self on Thursday. So that's the day I plan on doing it. I just don't know how soon. I'm 3 months pregnant and I have to decide if I want to do it now or after my child's birth... but I have guilt about allowing my baby to grow up without a mother. I just don't know I won't be able to take care of my baby and this world is shitty anyways I feel like it might be better if I do it while pregnant. I just don't want any mistakes because I don't want to survive and my baby not make it. I've always wanted to be a mother and I know my baby would like be me so much and I would love that baby so much but it's complicated. I've been thinking about suicide for a year now. I wanted to do it with a gun but when I was in a mental hospital last year they told me about this horror story about how this guy suffered in death slowly and then I hear stories of people surving shooting themselves and it scares me. I don't have money for a gun a either.

Reactions: rinkachan, TimeToBiteTheDust and Righttodie
A

alwaystired96

Aug 24, 2018
his father is in jamaica, i am bringing my son to him in 2 weeks time. he will be looked after, but in jamaica suicide is seen as weak and cowardly and i dont want him to remember that way... eventho it is tru. i dont want him to know how weak i am.
My mother's side of the family is Jamaican. I wish there was a way that people wouldn't find out how we died. I know at my funeral if people even do come they will be talking bad about me and judging me. I've always been missunderstood. I got a beating when I was 12 for self harm scars. Ever since then I've been really embarrassed of my depression and I hide it the best I can and try to cope with it the best I can by numbing it with alcohol and drugs. If only they knew how it felt. I'm debating on whether or not I should right a note. I want them to maybe understand but I'm not sure if it will even matter. I just keep thinking about how my family will judge me after death, like they did my whole life. But it is what it is. I really don't want a funeral.

• Aww..
Reactions: rinkachan, DayOfDecember, TimeToBiteTheDust and 4 others