• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about / find your way to SanctionedSuicide? (2nd poll)

• The BBC

Votes: 65 3.1%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 188 8.9%
  • Tantacrul's YouTube video

Votes: 893 42.1%
  • A forum or social media platform (facebook, twitter, etc)

Votes: 245 11.6%
  • Searching for methods

Votes: 743 35.0%
  • Other news or media

Votes: 88 4.2%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 119 5.6%
  • From a friend

Votes: 62 2.9%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 21 1.0%
  • Other sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 132 6.2%

• Total voters
Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
It was back in 2020 on a reddit forum, I think r/suicidewatch since all the others had been banned by then and someone commented to me on there about this place

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

๐ŸŽต Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
It called to me when it was a subreddit sapling. We need that slogan back.

DELAYING THE INEVITABLE

Dliena

Dliena

๐š‚๐š‚ ๐™ผ๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฝ๐š˜. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Thru Reddit back in 2022 me is thinking.

golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
Please select up to two choices.

The 1st edition of this poll was posted a little over half a year ago. Given that the site is currently getting a lot of attention due to the recent BBC article, it was thought that a new poll would be more representative of recent and current memb
I was searching in Thor for methods and a New of the BBC appeard. I found a link to the place by its Twitter account

J

justlikeus

Apr 5, 2024
For me it was looking at a list of blocked Subreddits.

i dont feel real.

i dont feel real.

No more sense in this
Apr 13, 2024
Well. Looking for info about CTB, found an article of i think a Spanish diary, that was about a woman who sadly talked about how his daughter committed suicide because of internet forums, that sparked something and i started looking for them. Boom, the Sanctioned Suicide Wikipedia's page appears, I clicked it, looked for the website and here i am.

A

another_user

Apr 16, 2024
Tantacrul's video. I think he should take it down as the amount of vulnerable people he has guided here is shocking. I don't think I would be here it the algorithm hadn't led me to his video.

Reactions: HalfFrogHalfDog
I

i love you

Apr 16, 2024

The 1st edition of this poll was posted a little over half a year ago. Given that the site is currently getting a lot of attention due to the recent BBC article, it was thought that a new poll would be more representative of recent and current members.
Was trying to find ways to not be so afraid of going through with it, so I googled "suicide encouragement forums," and the Wikipedia for this site came up. Definitely says a lot about what some people think about this site, but in my short time being here it seems like it's much more than that. I'm excited to talk with more people on here.

U

usernamenoonecares

Apr 18, 2024
I found out about it while searching for the source of SN. Basically just googling.

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024

The 1st edition of this poll was posted a little over half a year ago. Given that the site is currently getting a lot of attention due to the recent BBC article, it was thought that a new poll would be more representative of recent and current members.
i think through reddit or google search

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
I don't remember about exactly the first. But the last before applying was on sciencedirect.com (the site like pubmed). In article about SN suicide "victim".

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Tantacrul's video. Thanks for providing me with some great resources man!

T

tommywest

Mar 17, 2024
cosa usare per suicidarsi velocemente senza soffrire troppo. aiuto

R

RW__Asher23

Student
Dec 11, 2022
Other, I am one of the Original alt.suicide.holiday posters and member of many of our spin off's. SaSu was known to a few of us through connections to people who knew this site was going to be what it is and Open to ALL. If you know what I mean then no further explanation is needed. If not just know SaSu is what ash used to be almost. But that will never be again but Happy this is here and close to our old home in it's content. Found through friends who know "Friends" here. Peace.

Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Apr 23, 2024
I saw Tantacrul's Youtube video in my Youtube feed like a year ago about this site and firstly I thought that what a gruesome site but when I observed this site more it became apparent to me that this website isn't so gruesome and awful at all. I have become more aware what this site was all about (people wanting to ctb because their physical/mental pain is so severe and incurable and that there isn't seemingly any other place to safely discuss about suicide/methods) by lurking here every now and then and few days ago I watched that video again and thought: "Well, this video is pro-life propaganda and misinterpretation of the site's purpose even though I can understand the pain of the victims (or would they be rather "victims") loved ones."

Now I have joined too and can almost view myself as pro-choice advocate. What is holding me back though with pro-choice attitude is the pain the suicide may inflict upon other people mentally even though I agree with autonomy to one's body.

So all in all, people shouldn't judge this site only by viewing Tantacrul's Youtube video. They should carefully observe this site first and familiarize themselves with its posts and content and then judge it by all means. Although I doubt many would still not likely support the empathy shared here among the unfortunate ones even after they familiarize themselves with the site because they won't simply comprehend its message.

Reactions: Yuina
S

Saucy_Shark

Apr 30, 2024
I've been suicidal off and on and there used to be a site all hope is lost with really good stats and I was looking for it. Went down the rabbit hole of bad press and hate towards this site, which ironically made me aware of it and helped me to find it and also informed me about ns lol

MyNameIsRavi

MyNameIsRavi

ughweeeee
Apr 26, 2024
For me it was tentacrul's video back when it was first uploaded. I was actually a subscriber of his at the time. I wasn't specifically a fan of his content but I guess i must have enjoyed his videos somewhat considering I was subscribed. I don't think I actually watched the entire video but it inspired me to seek out this site because I suppose ultimately I wanted a place that I could turn to when my suicidal thoughts began to surface again. lostallhope was a nice site I used to turn to (I sometimes still do visit the archived versions) but I wanted a place where I could talk about my feelings.

Honestly at the time even though I was somewhat prepared to agree with the video (I don't think I found any of his music related opinions disagreeable), alot of things in it kinda irked me(?). I think it was because alot of the examples felt weirdly devoid of additonal context and the thumbnail felt way too sensationalised for a serious video that's meant to be raising awareness about a "pro-suicide forum". The mix of anime PFP and over-enlarged text saying "DO IT" feels like something a drama youtuber would post with a title along the lines of "Discord PREDATOR gets EXPOSED! Claims he's INNOCENT! (FBI CALLED!)" It felt way too un-serious for a video that's meant to be a warning about a "pro-suicide" forum.

I haven't looked at the video since I first watched it over a year ago, so maybe my memory of the video is innacurate. I don't wanna give him the extra interactions. But it is kinda funny how a subscriber of his ended up finding their way here because of that video.

Reactions: real human being
LastBusHome

LastBusHome

Nov 6, 2022
Just happened upon it one day trying to find an article on a method from lostallhope.

godbody

godbody

Apr 21, 2024
I was looking for suicide forums, specifically I wanted something like how MyProAna (now Eating Disorder Support Forum) used to be without all the false positivity, but for suicidal ppl

J

jojobanana

Oct 8, 2023
i think i was searching for methods and researching countries where it's legal

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
Tantacruls video. Ironic how ye sent so many of us here. I learned this place isn't as toxic as that YouTube video made it to be.

Reactions: niki wonoto