Could you love an ugly person if their personality was appealing?

• Of course, I can accept other peoples' flaws

Votes: 53 39.3%
  • Hell no, I would literally rather kill myself than try to love an ugly person

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • I would enthusiastically love an ugly person if they loved me back

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • I could learn to love an uggo if their personality was lovable/compatible

Votes: 33 24.4%
  • I would grudgingly accept an ugly partner, but never truly love them

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • I do love ugly people, but only platonically

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I have loved many ugly people but they never love me back

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
From a dating/relationship standpoint there does have to be some form of attraction, so I think while this "I could love an ugly person" rhetoric sounds nice to people when they tell themselves it, it almost can't really be true. Even if a person is objectively a little unattractive there must be compensating factors involved, making them no longer ugly to the person who is considering being with them.

I clearly do prefer cute girls and I think that's normal. Not as in drop dead gorgeous, but someone who I feel is comfortably nice looking, or sort of on my own wavelength as far as being attractive. I once read that relatability is the number one thing people find most attractive and I would agree with that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, AutumnEmbers and Darkhaven
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yeah, just to show how pathetic and feeble the meatsacks we call "bodies" are to the assault of time. There is no escape.

That is why it is fucking insane to stick around and wait for your meat sack to rot away. Nature is clearly telling these people TO GO DIE ALREADY. Yet they keep carrying on... Human beings weren't even designed to live a long time. There is a point when life goes against nature. Even my life is a glitch in the matrix. I should have died, in my early 20s.
I am a beautiful woman. I bid you I am one of the first among us to be preyed upon. I'm pretty sure it's because of my beauty and my smiley, warm personality. People do suck.

I think average looking women have it worse because they get preyed upon by almost every guy.
I am the age where looks truly don't matter that much any more. i much rather have a relationship with a deep connection that one based sole on looks. but i could be bias as i'm not pretty so yeah. your miles may vary :-)

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking, they can find a deep connection by looking for people with certain looks though. Certain looks only tell you where someone's place is in the natural order of their society. Therefore, the lower their place in the natural order, the more receptive they are to people because these people can't afford to be picky... Some of them are picky as hell when it comes to partners though especially women. I've encountered women who would be considered unattractive by 99% of people who have the same standards as women 99% of men would find attractive. LOL They do this to delude themselves into thinking, they are hot shit because the truth is so horrible to deal with them for them. People and their mental gymnastics.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not_a_robot and inconsequential
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Argh, TMI. One of the reasons why I'm CTBing.

Most guys go for the average looking girls though. They don't want to go for the ugly ones for obvious reasons and they find the beautiful ones too intimidating(fear of rejection, humiliation etc). The guys who go for beautiful women are rare. Most of them, arrogant sociopaths, usually who want to get that trophy girlfriend or wife.
That is exactly my experience and now I am broken.

Reactions: Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
That is exactly my experience and now I am broken.

And the second you become old looking, they leave you even if you will end up homeless. My mother was my father's trophy wife.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cevapcici and inconsequential
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
And the second you become old looking, they leave you even if you will end up homeless. My mother was my father's trophy wife.
Sorry - didn't see the part about your mother being your father's trophy wife. I'm not all that but I really just wanted to put out there that good looking people have challenges too, some challenges are the same, others are different.
You don't think these guys want to upgrade? They don't even see other people as human beings but objects.
I believe that many of those sociopaths stay with their wives but cheat like motherfuckers on the side.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Sorry - didn't see the part about your mother being your father's trophy wife. I'm not all that but I really just wanted to put out there that good looking people have challenges too, some challenges are the same, others are different.

I believe that many of those sociopaths stay with their wives but cheat like motherfuckers on the side.
Good point. Some of them, want to keep the family intact. My mother was one of the most beautiful women in her city. And a bimbo... When she became old looking, he started cheating. Then he left her, later on. She never learned to develop her mind so she was too stupid to get a decent amount of money from him after he left and now she is really poor.

Last edited:
Reactions: inconsequential
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Keeping the entire façade intact.

My father was kind of a loner(not by choice but due to his obnoxious personality)so he didn't really have to worry too much about being seen as the kind of man who abandons his family.

Ambie

Ambie

Jun 13, 2019
I think it's a little contradictory to say "loving an ugly person". Because if you think they're ugly can you really love them?

Reactions: RM5998
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I think it's a little contradictory to say "loving an ugly person". Because if you think they're ugly do you really love them?
They could be beautiful on the inside.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I think it's a little contradictory to say "loving an ugly person". Because if you think they're ugly can you really love them?
I think that's a great point.

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Whenever I had a crush on someone, I just couldn't think of them as ugly.

In some cases, I've heard others call them unattractive. It completely baffled me.

Reactions: AtomicNewt
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Whenever I had a crush on someone, I just couldn't think of them as ugly.

In some cases, I've heard others call them unattractive. It completely baffled me.
When you fall in love with someone, he or she becomes beautiful to you inside and out. Your mind plays tricks with you...

Reactions: inconsequential
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Like art ,beauty is subjective I guess.

Reactions: GinaIsReady, AutumnEmbers, inconsequential and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Like art ,beauty is subjective I guess.
True but society always tries to dictate what is beautiful and what is not to control the sheeple.

Reactions: inconsequential and puppy9
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I really can't answer your poll, because I'm not interested in love. I gave that up years ago.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, not_a_robot, Alan James and 1 other person
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
True but society always tries to dictate what is beautiful and what is not to control the sheeple.
Marketing is a brain-washing mechanism, and people don't realize they are the product. Maybe I'm one of em, scary.I can't fathom if this is true or not.
anyways severin I'm your biggest fan, whilst reading comments around SS; I learned a lot . Thanks

Reactions: Severen
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
I will try to describe the problem of people like me.

I'm a freak with mental disorders. I am asexual and do not understand all these human relationships.

When I was studying at the institute, one girl tried to talk to me, she helped me several times just for no reason, she was unusually polite and kind to me, but then I didn't understand why she was doing it. I thought "what the hell she wanted from me?" She was very beautiful, too beautiful and liked by everyone (even the teachers) and this is a problem - it acted on me frighteningly, not attracting, I felt somehow wrong even standing next to her, could not understand why she was talking to me, I was expecting some kind of fraud, I thought that I was just being bullied again (like usual).

I was very depressed, I felt bad and she noticed it, wanted to help me somehow, worried about me. And I behaved indifferently, ungrateful, too rude, it seems I have offended and upset her. Only later, after reading the Internet, I realized that she was just a good person, a really kind and very intelligent, real elite (she was from a very rich family). I'm sorry that I upset her, I hope she understood that I did it because of my stupidity and did not want it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici and AutumnEmbers
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I will try to describe the problem of people like me.

I'm a freak with mental disorders. I am asexual and do not understand all these human relationships.

When I was studying at the institute, one girl tried to talk to me, she helped me several times just for no reason, she was unusually polite and kind to me, but then I didn't understand why she was doing it. I thought "what the hell she wanted from me?" She was very beautiful, too beautiful and liked by everyone (even the teachers) and this is a problem - it acted on me frighteningly, not attracting, I felt somehow wrong even standing next to her, could not understand why she was talking to me, I was expecting some kind of fraud, I thought that I was just being bullied again (like usual).

I was very depressed, I felt bad and she noticed it, wanted to help me somehow, worried about me. And I behaved indifferently, ungrateful, too rude, it seems I have offended and upset her. Only later, after reading the Internet, I realized that she was just a good person, a really kind and very intelligent, real elite (she was from a very rich family). I'm sorry that I upset her, I hope she understood that I did it because of my stupidity and did not want it.

It's a mistake a lot of people make if they were bullied a lot as a child and/or teen.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers and Alan James
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I used to think, it didn't make any sense. Why are these guys being so cruel to these girls who are fat or ugly etc? But I realized, it's because most people don't have anything special underneath the looks. Sociopaths know this, so they are just ahead of the curve. I've spent years trying to look past people's looks. Same results, every time. Sociopaths know a lot about human beings. I conducted my own experiments and found this to be true. Someone's level of attractiveness is no real indicator of their personality. It's more like, some people winning the lottery and some people losing the lottery.
Sociopaths love hurting someone who does have something beneath their looks even more. I've conducted plenty of research on that.
And most of what sociopaths know about humans is superficial. That's why they work so hard to hurt anyone who actually has a real heart, a real personality. They're fucking jealous because all they're capable of feeling is empty and mean.
I think sociopaths make up 95% of the neurotypical population. And there is only one difference between a sociopath and psychopath; opportunity.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: 262653, blanketyblk and Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Sociopaths love hurting someone who does have something beneath their looks even more. I've conducted plenty of research on that.
And most what sociopaths know about humans is superficial. That's why they work so hard to hurt anyone who actually has a real heart, a real personality. They're fucking jealous because all they're capable of feeling is empty and mean.
I think sociopaths make up 95% of the neurotypical population. And there is only one difference between a sociopath and psychopath; opportunity.

I agree with you 100% except I also think sociopaths lash out at people for showing any kind of weakness as well, like giving money to a homeless person. They find it disgusting. It happened to me once. I was on a date with someone and after a homeless guy begged me for money, while crying, I gave him 5 pounds and my date became bitchy towards me.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I agree with you 100% except I also think sociopaths lash out at people for showing any kind of weakness as well, like giving money to a homeless person. They find it disgusting. It happened to me once. I was on a date with someone and after a homeless guy begged me for money, while crying, I gave him 5 pounds and my date became bitchy towards me.
Sociopaths will exploit weakness but it's not what they hate the most.
What they hate the most is kindness. That's why they work so hard at hurting anyone who is kind, to them or anyone else. They want to hurt kind people to make them feel empty inside, like themselves. They see someone with something they don't have, and all they can think of is destroying it. All neurotypicals are innately like that, from monkeys on up the evolutionary ladder. They don't want what you have; they just don't want you to have it.

That's also why America plunders tiny countries of what little wealth/resources they have, just so we can make expensive disposable shit meant to be thrown away. We don't value resources; we just don't want anyone else to have any.
And no American sees a problem with living this way.
We are disgusting.

Edit: also, that's not nearly enough data for you to assume your date was a sociopath. She may have become "bitchy" due to any number of factors. But yeah, most people are sociopaths so it's probably safe to assume.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, 262653, Ambie and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
What they hate the most is kindness. That's why they work so hard at hurting anyone who is kind, to them or anyone else. They want to hurt kind people to make them feel empty inside, like themselves. They see someone with something they don't have, and all they can think of is destroying it. All neurotypicals are innately like that, from monkeys on up the evolutionary ladder. They don't want what you have; they just don't want you to have it.

That's also why America plunders tiny countries of what little wealth/resources they have, just so we can make expensive disposable shit meant to be thrown away. We don't value resources; we just don't want anyone else to have any.
We are disgusting.

LOL But I'm very vindictive, sadistic and hold grudges for an entire lifetime. So every sociopath who hurts me is shooting themselves in the foot. For example, every time a sociopath starts mentally abusing me, I unleash hell. I know all their weaknesses too. They are very simple beings. Once you learn how their brain works, you know all their weaknesses, you will always be 2 or 3 steps ahead of them etc.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019

We are disgusting
LOL But I'm very vindictive, sadistic and hold grudges for an entire lifetime. So every sociopath who hurts me is shooting themselves in the foot. For example, every time a sociopath starts mentally abusing me, I unleash hell. I know all their weaknesses too. They are very simple beings. Once you learn how their brain works, you know all their weaknesses, you will always be 2 or 3 steps ahead of them etc.
So you let them win, by becoming a sociopath yourself. That's giving in. That's what they want. To make you be like them.
If you really want to piss them off, don't let them change you at all.
Easier said than done though.

Reactions: Cevapcici
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
So you let them win, by becoming a sociopath yourself. That's giving in. That's what they want. To make you be like them.
If you really want to piss them off, don't let them change you at all.
Easier said than done though.

Nah, they hate it. If you show them, you can make their life a living hell. Then they scurry away and hide from you for the rest of their lives, then you can go back to just being yourself. Like the Romans dealing with all the savages nearby and then enjoying the Pax Romana. You know what they hate the most? Feeling weak... They get scared, easily too. So inflicting pain and suffering upon them and scaring them, is the best way to deal with them. These people don't want a war. They don't want people to inflict pain and suffering upon them. They don't want people scaring them. They want to feel powerful. So they only constantly attack those who make them feel powerful. The people who don't fight back. The weak etc... In Highschool, nobody bullied me because I had a reputation for being extremely violent. If someone made fun of me, once, I would wait until after class and beat the shit out of him until he cried. Yeah, of course, I would get suspended from school, the dick head control freak vice principal would call my parents and tell them how horrible I am etc. But I didn't give a shit. My parents didn't really give a shit, either. I almost decided to beat the fuck out of the vice principal once for all those times he punished me for dealing with bullies but then I turned 18 and I was like, nah, it's not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 262653 and not_a_robot