E

Exiled spirit

Dec 25, 2019
Few months ago, I took 20 mg of Domperidone (antiemetic) because I was planning to end my life using SN and I wanted to make sure that this medication would be suitable for me. After a week or so I began to have anhedonia, I became unable to get pleasure from anything. Can this be a result of taking Domperidone which blocks dopamine's receptors? And how can I treat that? Is there a way to reverse Domperidone's effect?

Reactions: LapseInTime
alienfreak

alienfreak

A danger to myself
Sep 25, 2024
You took it once and think it is still profoundly affecting you months later? Sounds extremely unlikely. Since you're suicidal i would totally expect that you already had and have other reasons for anhedonia, like depression and whatever life situation you have. It probably has nothing to do with the antiemetic

Reactions: Exiled spirit
E

Exiled spirit

Dec 25, 2019
You took it once and think it is still profoundly affecting you months later? Sounds extremely unlikely. Since you're suicidal i would totally expect that you already had and have other reasons for anhedonia, like depression and whatever life situation you have. It probably has nothing to do with the antiemetic
Maybe you're correct, but my situation got a lot worse after a week or so from taking Domperidone, and that what made me have doubts.

BlackEyedDog

BlackEyedDog

Mage
May 6, 2024
Considering this is after planning to take SN, planning to ctb which is no small thing. The anhedonia is likely related to your depression and thoughts of ctb. As far as I know this is not one of the side effects from AEs.

Reactions: Exiled spirit