Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Curiosity (the kid), purpose (the moon), and aspiration (the rocket) forms wisdom (the owl). Divine Trinity refers to the first 3 objects, with divine meaning they are virtues or heavenly (good). Together the Divine Trinity leads to a path of progress, and that is wisdom.

passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I picked my name because that's what I am, a passenger on this planet, watching the world go by. The 27 has different meanings, so I tacked it on the end.

My avatar is actually a cover to a Sandman comic book, by the ever talented Dave McKean. There were different shades of the pic on google images. I couldn't decide which one, so I said the hell with it & made them into a gif.

Reactions: Woodnote
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
My username comes from the novel by late lamented genius of crime fiction Elmore Leonard - I've read and enjoyed plenty of works of serious literature, but no writers work ever gave me as much pure pleasure as Leonard's best books. We'll never see his like again. My avatar is the cover art of the album I was listening to constantly when I signed up, Tomorrows Harvest by Boards of Canada - its atmosphere really encapsulates the period we're in right now, the sense of a deep feeling of sadness at the climate and economic crises on the horizon.
I love your username

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
This is probably the one place on the web where I use my real name.
As for my avatar,portaloo massacres can't fail to raise a smile

Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Bagger and plastic bags on avatar because when I got here first time I was searching everything I can about nitrogen exit bag method. It was my choosen method then.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
The reason for my avatar is because I feel really alone and it signifies feeling scared and trapped. The reason for my username is because i'm autistic and I have depression and I used the word boy because I am stuck with trauma from my childhood and it makes me feel like a kid.

• Hugs
Reactions: OreoWellington and RealLostSoul
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Good thread idea.

Username: It's the name of my favorite metal instrumental since I was in my early teens.

Avatar: A painting from Alex Colville. I choose it because it had been a source of comfort for me for years as I fantasized suicide via firearm (specifically handgun) a lot. Supposedly the interpretation isn't about suicide but it is to me.

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
My username is a nickname someone tried to give me to piss me off, I actually liked it. It's a nickname you usually give to a pet.

My picture is just me trying to edit some pics, and I liked this one.

RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
name: because thats what i am

avi: because i am fascinated by his psychology and his urge to die... and also its our time to rise!

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Name because it's my name (or is it)

Ava because I like the vibe and the colours. Also I guess this place is a bit like an anti social social club, but then again I don't like that part of my ava as much. Would prefer it to be a plain black hoodie.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Mathieu is a version of my real first name and my avatar is Cloud Strife, the main character in the video game, Final Fantasy VII.

TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
The avatar is a villain Queen Nehelenia from a 90's anime called Sailor Moon. I used to watch that anime on the Internet all the time when I was in primary school.
Her sets of powers are something I'd probably have if I went full supervillain lol. Also her backstory (not the beauty part, I'm not that pretty or vain xD), and the way she was defeated really kind of resonate with mine.
As for the name… Idk I guess I was crying back then and added ''queen'' onto it.

S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
The reason for my avatar is because I'm not.

The username - I needed a verb instead of a noun (feel stuck enough without limiting myself with another label, and nouns -or adjectives- are too stiff to not be labels), and I wanted the verb to be about something good that I experienced. I have nobody who'd care about what I experience(d) so I felt like at least shouting it into the void mentioning it on the internet.

Last edited:
F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
My avatar is me. My username is a character from a favourite book.

• Hugs
Reactions: OreoWellington
SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
The suspicious dog was a photo I already had on my phone, saved me looking

username: a joke from The US Office when Michael is trying to say he and Holly are soul mates.

I wasn't feeling too inspired when I created the account ‍

Reactions: angele
angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
The suspicious dog was a photo I already had on my phone, saved me looking

username: a joke from The US Office when Michael is trying to say he and Holly are soul mates.

I wasn't feeling too inspired when I created the account ‍
every time i see your name i laugh haha! my favorite show

• Hugs
Reactions: SoupSnakes
maka

maka

this is for you, mi cuervito 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
My avatar is Sally Face because he's great and deserved the world (final chapter coming out in Dec btw!!)
My username is just an anagram of my middle name because I hate my real first name.

L

lizinha

Student
Feb 6, 2019
My avatar is just plain
But my username is made after my name: Liza and I added Inha because i like the way it sounds with Liz.
the inha is pronounced like in-ya

Last edited:
beyondbreath

beyondbreath

Nov 19, 2019

name: I am wondering if I should give up and go to a place beyond breath.

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
My avatar is one of few meds I take. And name just name.

Reactions: samarra and Brick In The Wall
P

Pepper

May 22, 2019
My avatar are illustrations by Shawn Coss of Borderline Personality Disorder in his Inktober Illness I and Inktober Illness II portfolios. I really enjoy his art style. And my username, Pepper, is just one of my nicknames irl.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
After the Pink Floyd song and I'm also a certified stone mason. I wrote this user name on a cinder block in a cell while I was locked up in segregation once as well.

Reactions: NBreatheMe and AlexM
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
My avatar is from an old film where a girl is waiting for her one true love to return. I chose it because I am exactly in the same situation. My name is the date we both met, 21st of August 2018.

Reactions: NBreatheMe
NBreatheMe

NBreatheMe

Jun 30, 2019
I choose my user name over one of my favorite all time songs Breathe me

And my avatar came from an ig project, letters of things that people left unsaid. I'm the kind of person who never say whatever wants to say, so I feel very attracted by this. What's write on the envelope translate to Can we start from zero?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sadgirl2002 and exhausted
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I like the Smashing Pumpkins too. Have any favorite songs?

I thought of mine out of laziness when I was zoned out one night and looked at this part of a painting I did which I tried to emulate with the artist and which used to be my old profile pic:
View attachment 12430
And I've always been a fan of the artist Wassily Kandinsky and one of my favorite paintings of his is the Color Study. Squares with Concentric Circles:
View attachment 12431
Oh and it reminds me of the Circle of Life hogwash.
A adore Kandinksy too, def in my top twenty favourite artists have you read his book: Concerning the Spiritual in Art -I read it years ago, seem to remember enjoying it alot-so long ago though!
My username is so clever that that nobody could possibly figure out what it means, could they?
Made me think of Blade Runner- as well as the literal interpretation. was the film bit the 'obvious bit'? or just the general sentiment of it?
name: because thats what i am

avi: because i am fascinated by his psychology and his urge to die... and also its our time to rise!
who is it a picture of?

Last edited:
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Thought it would be cool to start a thread to show why we chose the name and avatar for this site.

My name is because I love the smashing pumpkins and the 2 closest people in my life have CTB with bullets, so I found it quite fitting since I thought that was the best way out. Now I know otherwise.

My avatar... outside and walking my dog. Looked up and saw the light coming through the trees and took a pic. The beam took on a new meaning.

What about yours?
Name: Luchs is German for Lynx and I fuckin' love those animals

Picture: Me being smothered by life's gloved hand, while staring into an uncaring, emotionless mask/me suppressing my own emotions every day

• Love
Reactions: Bulletwbttrflywings
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
My avatar was me thinking about the Northern Lights while playing with this website called silk (weavesilk.com) and my username is a nickname from the Loch Ness monster story.

• Love
Reactions: Bulletwbttrflywings
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
The picture is Ninny, the invisible girl from the Moomins, a very popular Finnish childrens book/ tv series. I have a cup, bowl and plate with her that I eat from every day, because.. that is me, the invisible girl.
noctiva is has been with me for 20 years now, it is a very bastardized and feminized form of noctifer in latin is the bringer of darkness, as opposed to lucifer, who is the bringer of light. My teenage years were spend with a lot of Catholicism and Latin.

• Love
Reactions: burnedCookie, BrokenHopes, Bulletwbttrflywings and 2 others