UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Sort of cheated how? Didn't exclusively mention the S-people or the B-people.
Right! Nevermind the chetnik chickens.
You know, I'm bulgarian and I use the exact same way of describing us grandiose delusions and stuck 50 years i the past, painfully accurate. Which is why I am a nobody here.
From a nobody to a nobody - I'm sure this is not the reason.
greatest comedy show ever :haha:
I agree.

Last edited:
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
Netflix, Hulu, and similar sites are overrated. C53C4E5C 27A1 4ABC 9324 F558763C2FD5

Reactions: mayday, Fragile, Panna and 2 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Schopenhauer wrote that there is a strong correlation between intelligence and the sensibility to noise.
Unfortunately I'm very average in intelligence. I suffer the drawbacks of noise sensitivity without any of the benefits lol.
I don't know how I missed your post, but I feel nearly exactly like you. I've spent a small fortune and YEARS struggling to put together ways to compensate for extremely loud neighborhood noise. And it's only gotten worse over the years. Police don't want to intervene. "Just talk with your neighbors" gets you a black eye or keyed car--no matter how polite you try to be. And no amount of research evidence about the negative health impacts of chronic, uncontrollable loud noise exposure changes public policy. You have to be rich (enough insulating land, technology) or powerful (enough to influence law enforcement) to have a chance of escaping the cacophony. But still, YOU are the problem if you bring it up, even when the law's being violated. <eye roll>
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I built a tower of rotten meat and set up fans to blow the smell at everyone's houses, then when they complain I just say "You should try smell cancelling nose plugs". Then when they get angry I tell them they are not entitled to a pleasant smelling home, and behave like I am the victim for someone suggesting I stop having my rotten meat tower.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Makko, Sprite_Geist, Peel_the_Banana and 6 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I built a tower of rotten meat and set up fans to blow the smell at everyone's houses, then when they complain I just say "You should try smell cancelling nose plugs". Then when they get angry I tell them they are not entitled to a pleasant smelling home, and behave like I am the victim for someone suggesting I stop having my rotten meat tower.
Moments before I read this, I was crying. Now I'm roaring laughing. Thank-you-thank-you-thank-you for this gift. Love the idea. :)

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, not-2-b-the-answer and OrcWitch
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Crying and laughing in certain people's expressions look similar.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Ame
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Crying and laughing in certain people's expressions look similar.
The Joker Smile GIF by Regal

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, FTL.Wanderer, GenesAndEnvironment and 3 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
traveling is overrated: yes it can be fun experiencing new places and staying in a hotel, but it's expensive and the logistics are extremely cumbersome.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, hʚll, UseItOrLoseIt and 4 others
callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
traveling is overrated: yes it can be fun experiencing new places and staying in a hotel, but it's expensive and the logistics are extremely cumbersome.
Paris is a city of love what do ya know. Especially with it's cleanliness and english-speaking ability, not to mention friendliness to immigrants, like it was the end of 2015 and of course, affordability. Arles over Paris, any day.

People "pre-boarding" planes and putting up with all nonsense just to wait a full dy to climb on an old rusty piece of metal?
Florence doesn't exist.

And what's with cities? Naples is a dump, Barcelona is a labyrinth.

Andorra and Malta apparently don't exist too.

Is it only me, but people and I mean nearly all people just say "vacation" and post their anti-social media photos on anywhere in the 3000-10000$ range vacation, like it is any other day, but make long, several thousand comment posts on reddit whether you should tip the waiter ot a roadside diner at 24.99% or 25.01%?

I've never see somebody post pictures and say well about more local places in their country, because they can't afford more. Who posts pics of their trip in Idaho? It is very few people. Travelling locally especially at small countries is scoffed at, because that's how tourism is - let's go as far as possible for no reason and post pictures showing nothing so they can be upvoted by people we don't care about.

Sure anybody can be a digital nomad, sky is the limit! Quit your job, at 70-80K, objectively throw away that much money. And just sell off your house. Oh, and leave your children or your ill parents to the neighbor.

Hotels are massively overpriced piece of trash.. all they end up useful usually is to keep your luggage and have sex. Any other extra is only useful if you've never done it. Finland has over 3000 saunas, and if they are cheap, would you go to your hotel's sauna if you have a community one nearby and in the hotel it costs more?

What's the implication of going as a tourist if "you just want to see"? Have Google Maps don't you? Needs to have some interest developed through time, a context. Then it is tourism, and is worth it.

Chile visited in its wild diversity between north and south for example.

• Yay!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and NumbItAll
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Paris is a city of love what do ya know. Especially with it's cleanliness and english-speaking ability, not to mention friendliness to immigrants, like it was the end of 2015 and of course, affordability. Arles over Paris, any day.

People "pre-boarding" planes and putting up with all nonsense just to wait a full dy to climb on an old rusty piece of metal?
Florence doesn't exist.

And what's with cities? Naples is a dump, Barcelona is a labyrinth.

Andorra and Malta apparently don't exist too.

Is it only me, but people and I mean nearly all people just say "vacation" and post their anti-social media photos on anywhere in the 3000-10000$ range vacation, like it is any other day, but make long, several thousand comment posts on reddit whether you should tip the waiter ot a roadside diner at 24.99% or 25.01%?

I've never see somebody post pictures and say well about more local places in their country, because they can't afford more. Who posts pics of their trip in Idaho? It is very few people. Travelling locally especially at small countries is scoffed at, because that's how tourism is - let's go as far as possible for no reason and post pictures showing nothing so they can be upvoted by people we don't care about.

Sure anybody can be a digital nomad, sky is the limit! Quit your job, at 70-80K, objectively throw away that much money. And just sell off your house. Oh, and leave your children or your ill parents to the neighbor.

Hotels are massively overpriced piece of trash.. all they end up useful usually is to keep your luggage and have sex. Any other extra is only useful if you've never done it. Finland has over 3000 saunas, and if they are cheap, would you go to your hotel's sauna if you have a community one nearby and in the hotel it costs more?

What's the implication of going as a tourist if "you just want to see"? Have Google Maps don't you? Needs to have some interest developed through time, a context. Then it is tourism, and is worth it.

Chile visited in its wild diversity between north and south for example.
Good point about cities... I can only speak about U.S. cities but it is pretty much just lines of buildings with no nature or anything. Just traffic, pollution, tons of people, overpriced stores and restaurants, and no parking anywhere. What a great experience.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and newave3
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Normalize hating everyone in your sight.

• Love
Reactions: TheHatedOne, it's_all_a_game, hʚll and 4 others
callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
Good point about cities... I can only speak about U.S. cities but it is pretty much just lines of buildings with no nature or anything. Just traffic, pollution, tons of people, overpriced stores and restaurants, and no parking anywhere. What a great experience.
Well put. As the only vacation place I'd go, modeled after the Sonic beach level, I'd go to Destin, FL. Quiet, nice place, but awfully expensive from what I see.

callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
But murder isn't illegal, else religion would also not be.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Using people with dwarfism as a "joke" in films, TV and music videos has never been funny.

I remember a time in Road Trip movies or music videos where there would always be that one scene where somebody with dwarfism pops out of somewhere random, looks around mischievously, then chases after some attractive woman.. like how was that ever funny?

We see much less of it today which is good, but yeah I never liked that, even as a kid I didn't see the funny side.

• Love
Reactions: mayday, Anxieyote, Skathon and 5 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I realize I'm not supposed to admit this, but I just wanted to give him a bear-hug in that flick. I think so much pain could have been avoided had someone just hugged him 'til he was all cried out. :(

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Anxieyote and not-2-b-the-answer
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I realize I'm not supposed to admit this, but I just wanted to give him a bear-hug in that flick. I think so much pain could have been avoided had someone just hugged him 'til he was all cried out. :(
When dealing with serial killers and the like, people are quick to place the entire responsibility for the outcome on the killer, as if he just woke up one morning and decided to dismember someone. This completely disregards environmental influences. It is not a matter of "nature vs. nurture", but "nature & nurture".
Many serial killers would not have done what they did if they had grown up in a more supportive environment, similar to the way there are people out there who would have become serial killers were it not for their supportive community. Of course, there are also people who would have become serial killers no matter what, and people who would never harm another human being, but what I am trying to convey is that things are not always clear-cut and some killers are indeed made, not born.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Anxieyote, anaschariac and 3 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Buying bitcoins should be much easier. I wanna buy them but I have no idea how even though I'm using a computer that I build myself. I'm too mentally tired right now to learn anything complex or new. Sure there are guides and such, but I fear they might be either outdated or wrong. I don't want to get scammed.

Reactions: Fragile and Skathon
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
When dealing with serial killers and the like, people are quick to place the entire responsibility for the outcome on the killer, as if he just woke up one morning and decided to dismember someone. This completely disregards environmental influences. It is not a matter of "nature vs. nurture", but "nature & nurture".
Many serial killers would not have done what they did if they had grown up in a more supportive environment, similar to the way there are people out there who would have become serial killers were it not for their supportive community. Of course, there are also people who would have become serial killers no matter what, and people who would never harm another human being, but what I am trying to convey is that things are not always clear-cut and some killers are indeed made, not born.
Agreed. Too bad it seem the majority ardently disagree. :/

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
things are not always clear-cut and some killers are indeed made, not born.
Yeah, like Michael Ryan in the Hungerford massacre. Had his mother not laid false promises and rotally faulty bringing up after his father died early, he would just probably be an ordinary geek.

Poor guy lied about having a girlfriend from Thailand and collected Soldier of Fortune to keep the illusion guns aren't the only thing in for him.

I feel the same.

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Too bad it seem the majority ardently disagree.
It's much easier to put the entire blame on the individual and punish him. This upholds the illusion of justice, and nuanced thinking is too difficult anyway.
Yeah, like Michael Ryan in the Hungerford massacre. Had his mother not laid false promises and rotally faulty bringing up after his father died early, he would just probably be an ordinary geek.

Poor guy lied about having a girlfriend from Thailand and collected Soldier of Fortune to keep the illusion guns aren't the only thing in for him.

I feel the same.
How about Eileen Wournos, or even Jeffrey Dahmer?
Had Wournos been born into a stable, loving family, she might have turned out fine.
Dahmer may have had some odd inclinations (a fascination for dead animals), but had his family and school life not been such a mess, he might have turned out very differently too.

[No, I am not condoning their actions, in case some fool really thought otherwise.]

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, FTL.Wanderer, callme and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Joker is a predictable, cliché-ridden mess shamelessly derivative of Scorsese's Taxi Driver. An exercise in third-rate philosophizing. Not even someone as talented as J.Phoenix was able to elevate it. Feel free to crucify me, everyone. :tongue:

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
French does not sound sexy or seductive, at all. It just sounds gargled and goofy.

• Love
Reactions: newave3, UseItOrLoseIt, Skathon and 3 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Joker is a predictable, cliché-ridden mess shamelessly derivative of Scorsese's Taxi Driver. An exercise in third-rate philosophizing. Not even someone as talented as J.Phoenix was able to elevate it. Feel free to crucify me, everyone. :tongue:
Art is fundamentally different from science. One person's favorite artistic piece is another's garbage. Little reason (any?) to crucify anyone for subjectivity, so long as it doesn't spill over into restricting others' freedoms. Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: whywere and Dead Meat
AwaySeaweed

AwaySeaweed

Sep 18, 2021
Buying bitcoins should be much easier. I wanna buy them but I have no idea how even though I'm using a computer that I build myself. I'm too mentally tired right now to learn anything complex or new. Sure there are guides and such, but I fear they might be either outdated or wrong. I don't want to get scammed.
Eh I don't think your missing out on anything, It is mostly a greater fools scam. People just hype it up because they want to be rich, not because they truly believe it will change the world. People who buy it are mostly first world hypocrites.

Reactions: All-Dead-Y
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Spiders are a more advanced lifeform than humans.

Reactions: Circles, Green Destiny, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person