Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
OUCH !!!! I put out a search party for you earlier @Soulless_Angel. Is this ankle thing a reason to not serve us roast and cake? (actually, that looks terrible, sorry)
Hahaha That's made me laugh. I'm gonna be doing the roast later today. If this thread is still alive I'll bring it here

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Hey we're on the same side of the planet
At least I'm not the only night owl
Night times are amazing. Pure solitude as the world in person around you snores

• Love
Reactions: Jean4 and HereToday
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Exciting. Are you going to do anything special at midnight? There's a tradition here where we eat 12 raisins at midnight. Not sure if other places do that too
Stay up a bit longer.... be impressed I lived to 2020... and try to stay up longer, or just sleep, whichever.

• Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, HereToday and Jean4
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Good Riddance to 2019 … Good Riddance to me in 2020 :devil:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Jean4, realjunes and 2 others
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
@Ame.
Please do not apologize for your English. I have read several of your thoughtful posts. Not only is better than fine, you are a lovely writer with your way of expressing your thoughts. What a nice person to spend New Years with. I wish for you blessings, in whatever form they come.

Oh my goodness thank you so much @realjunes! I've been having difficulty crying, but I wanted to shed tears of gratitude when I came upon this message. Thank you for your reassurance and kind words. I am happy to have exchanged even a few words with you during the this transition into the new year. I can only extend similar wishes to you! I hope that you will find happiness and treat yourself as kindly as you treat others. Please enjoy whatever pleasures 2020 has to offer you!

• Hugs
Reactions: realjunes, Jean4 and Soulless_Angel
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Exciting. Are you going to do anything special at midnight? There's a tradition here where we eat 12 raisins at midnight. Not sure if other places do that too
I haven't heard of that. What do the raisins represent?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Relatable. That in itself is something special lol
Although my family always had a thing of whatever you do on the first of the year is what you do all year... I've tried it, never worked. Yeah, willpower and all that is the main thing, but still, it's what they always believed.

Reactions: HereToday
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
View attachment 23181

i've got eggrolls. Chicken and Vegetarian. Just a little something to eat while I'm drinking so that I don't get sick.
FEED ME! BW. I am an 80% vegetarian, please?
Hahaha That's made me laugh. I'm gonna be doing the roast later today. If this thread is still alive I'll bring it here
I may not be alive, but the thread will be. In case I am, could you also send one of those flattering selfies like the one where you are holding the bottle of rum and taking the picture yourself. Please, I may live till then.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel and Jean4
HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
I haven't heard of that. What are the raisin represent?
They represent the months of the coming year, it's meant to give luck but don't ask me why lol. Maybe that's why I'm so unlucky... I hate raisins :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, Jean4, realjunes and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
They represent the months of the coming year, it's meant to give luck but don't ask me why lol. Maybe that's why I'm so unlucky... I hate raisins :ahhha:
I'm not a huge fan of raisins either. Could you possibly substitute another fruit? Would you still have a good luck if you ate 12 of something else?

Reactions: realjunes
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
Although my family always had a thing of whatever you do on the first of the year is what you do all year... I've tried it, never worked. Yeah, willpower and all that is the main thing, but still, it's what they always believed.
Poppycock, as they say in the old country, as to superstitious beliefs. Hard reality serves us better, not fantasy.

Reactions: HereToday, BlueWidow and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
eek.... 9 minutes
Poppycock, as they say in the old country, as to superstitious beliefs. Hard reality serves us better, not fantasy.
Yeah, I think really it came down to for some years as the only thing that even gave me any shred of hope--even though I didn't believe it.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel and Jean4
HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of raisins either. Could you possibly substitute another fruit? Would you still have a good luck if you ate 12 of something else?
Interesting question. I will try it in @Carina's time zone and let you know :))

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, BlueWidow and Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
5 minutes? seriously why am I freaking panicking?!?

get it together brain... it's just 2020....

• Hugs
Reactions: Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I may be listening to "It's the end of the world as we know it" by REM rofl

• Love
Reactions: HereToday, realjunes and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Stupid 2019! I hope you burn in hell! You were a horrible year! You can join 2017 and 2018 as begin 3 of the most horrible years of my entire life!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, Worthless_nobody, HereToday and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
5 minutes? seriously why am I freaking panicking?!?

get it together brain... it's just 2020....
My kiss does have that effect on people

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Carina, realjunes and 1 other person