• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Since OP switched the topic to NEETing:

@sserafim, not forcing you to work but rather to think about the possibility:

If you are working and being exploited, then that is absolutely horrible.

If you are working to increase your scale (e.g., you get access to more clients to sell to or more money to trade), then it doesn't sound like crap.

So look for a place where you will be able to scale independently and where the employer does not have an incentive to exploit you. That way you can achieve the security that you need (i.e., people want something from you).

I also left a similar comment on your other thread (about reaching FIRE).
Is this achievable? Absolutely! Even with a "normal job" where you do not own a stake in the company, you can make lots of money.
Look at new grad offers from top-known trading companies like HRT, CitSec, Renaissance, JS, Two Sigma, etc. They can pay a ridiculous amount of money to just a college graduate, not to mention the bonuses. Now, this high compensation comes at the expense of a toxic environment, a lack of WLB, and long non-compete agreements, but still...

In general, I would say it is possible for an average person to do it. You just need to find a niche where you can scale. As @mtoro998 noted, you will not be able to do it working at Walmart even if you work 24/7.

~~~
Why are we even discussing NEETing vs. working on the thread about Asians?... A brief digression...

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021

So look for a place where you will be able to scale independently and where the employer does not have an incentive to exploit you. That way you can achieve the security that you need (i.e., people want something from you).

~~~
Why are we even discussing NEETing vs. working on the thread about Asians?... A brief digression...
Wait I didn't change the subject lol, Just that the comments naturally changes the subject so I went along with it. I did get some answers from asian users that gave me an insight on "asian self-hate", so i learned something.
I personally find asians awesome, and have many friends that are asian, which is why it bothers me that some asians feel so negatively about themselves

Reactions: surroundedbydemons
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I kinda get where you're coming from now, after reading some of your replies on this thread. But here's the thing about not wanting to take responsibility and wanting to stay NEET:
Getting a job might be the best antidepressant out there, and it might be a huge deciding factor as to why most NEETs are depressed and suicidal. You're not getting a job to offer something to society or to take up responsibility, but rather you get a job to socialize and be a part of society.
I don't want to socialize or be a part of society though. I want to ctb to escape having to participate in society. The reason why I'm suicidal is because my mom is pressuring me to get a job, and I don't want to. If I *had* to work, I'd want to be self-employed. I don't want to have to answer to anyone, especially a boss. I don't want anyone telling me what to do. I want freedom. I would be an entrepreneur, but unfortunately, I don't have any ideas

Last edited:
beetle

beetle

Mar 28, 2024
This whole thing made me wonder: Why is asian self-hate so rampant?
I'm Korean, to me it feels like it's so ingrained into our culture and individuals sometimes express it in a self-loathing way. In East Asia it's very easy to romanticize the 'American Dream' with their success, wealth, and even physical appearance (at least, this was the case in older generations). When Asian parents emigrate to North America and have children they usually want to provide a more luxurious/privileged lifestyle they associate with white people/North Americans. This alongside how parents interact with others (e.g., comparing their children to others) gives a lot of pressure to kids about being 'perfect' and it creates a lot of conflict growing up Asian-American. A lot of kids end up resenting their heritage because of the constant comparison and expectations pushed onto them growing up when they wanted the 'freedom' that their peers had (even if it isn't inherently something associated with non-Asian culture).

EDIT: To add on, I think a big part of it lies in the collectivist/interdependent social structure in Asia, compared to the independent nature North Americans have (e.g., white parents expecting their kids to move out at 18, while Asians typically live with their parents up until mid-20's or later). I think that's why the topic of NEETs has come up in this thread as well, since cultural marginalization is a lot more significant based on your job, status, wealth, social circle, etc. It's tiring to try to acclimate to society when there are so many expectations of who you should be are put in place.
Not to say this is exclusive to Asians, but again collectivist standards are so prominent in Asia (especially East Asia) that a lot of people can feel conflicted with their identity.

Just as an example, in my case I was constantly compared to my family friends + relatives and was expected to get the highest grade in every subject amongst my peers. I wasn't allowed outside and I usually couldn't go hang out with friends; I thought I wasn't allowed to be independent because I was Asian and I resented my parents a lot in my teens because I felt 'robbed' of a childhood. I also grew up idolizing the way white people looked, and I hated my appearance because I felt unattractive with trends because of my Asian features vs. on white influences. I hated being Asian for most of my life, and there was nothing I wanted more to have a relaxed life like I thought white people had based on TV or the experiences my friends shared with me. I recognize now that constantly comparing myself to others like that is unhealthy and I appreciate being both cultural identities I have, but yeah, most Asians I know still struggle a lot with their identity because of their upbringing and the contradicting cultures they're exposed to.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

~~~
I would only want to work if I could be my own boss. I don't want to work for anyone

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
If I *had* to work, I'd want to be self-employed. I don't want to have to answer to anyone, especially a boss. I don't want anyone telling me what to do. I want freedom. I would be an entrepreneur, but unfortunately, I don't have any ideas
I would only want to work if I could be my own boss. I don't want to work for anyone

You cant just suddenly become self-employed without any work experience, you have to work your way up. Sorry but it's a very childish mentality to think: "either I'm self-employed or I'm not going to work". Everyone wants that, but its not realistic.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You cant just suddenly become self-employed without any work experience, you have to work your way up. Sorry but it's a very childish mentality to think: "either I'm self-employed or I'm not going to work". Everyone wants that, but its not realistic.
Well, that's why my options are NEET or rope. The main reason why I want to ctb is to avoid having to work. I don't want to be forced to participate in modern day slavery. I don't want to sell my labor or make companies and corporations even richer. I don't want to be just another cog in the machine. I want freedom to do what I want. Anyways, I will probably end up ctb'ing (for the sole purpose to avoid working as well as getting older). Who *wants* to be a slave to the system? It's just that people have no choice

Last edited:
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Even if you are self-employed, you still have customers...

You will always have obligations. No one will give you money if you don't provide something in return.

• Aww..
Reactions: *Hope* and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You mentioned before that you enjoy singing. Maybe consider saving up to buy a decent mic and show YouTube or TikTok what you got. You can do covers or even just silly vlogs where you occasionally burst into song though for you people might be more attracted to your looks than your sounds. Either way it's worth a shot at least. You could even be the figurehead for pro-choice and antinatalist rhetoric and successfully convince tons of people to convert.

When I was pretty much a NEET I also considered getting into YouTube but in my case I'm too shy and also afraid of being canceled due to edgy things I used to say when I was a teen. Worst that could happen to you is maybe somebody links you back to this site but you don't actually have to share your stuff here at all if you don't want to. Just try it out if collecting your own revenue sounds appealing to you.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
You mentioned before that you enjoy singing. Maybe consider saving up to buy a decent mic and show YouTube or TikTok what you got. You can do covers or even just silly vlogs where you occasionally burst into song though for you people might be more attracted to your looks than your sounds. Either way it's worth a shot at least. You could even be the figurehead for pro-choice and antinatalist rhetoric and successfully convince tons of people to convert.

When I was pretty much a NEET I also considered getting into YouTube but in my case I'm too shy and also afraid of being canceled due to edgy things I used to say when I was a teen. Worst that could happen to you is maybe somebody links you back to this site but you don't actually have to share your stuff here at all if you don't want to. Just try it out if collecting your own revenue sounds appealing to you.
I've been thinking of suggesting something similar. Getting some simp followers could bring in some passive income, at least. As far as being traced back here, I feel like that controversy would only make her more popular.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Having disdain for one's appearance and self is probably influenced by the area and environment in which one grows up and develops in, especially if they are a minority group in that population. However, I am white so please feel free to take this with a grain of salt or tell me to hush if I am overstepping.

If someone is living in an area where certain cultures are dominant and they feel as if they don't fit in with that majority culture, a person can feel influenced to conform to it and try to emulate those norms rather than embracing their own identity which may not align with what they are exposed to in popular culture and media. This is especially prevalent when it comes to appearances, and being unable to live up to the beauty standards of those around you.

One example I can think of is how kpop idols and kdrama actresses set up unrealistic standards of beauty for the youth who idolize and follow them. In south korea plastic surgery and the cosmetic industry are booming because unrealistic expectations of aesthetics are becoming normalised. This is making a lot of Korean youth resent their natural features and attractiveness, because they have been shamed into believing that looking like an idol is the norm. Many idols have undergone extensive cosmetic procedures, harsh diets and training regimes, etc to maintain their looks, and that lifestyle is unhealthy for anyone.

I grew up in an area where there were not very many asians, but my ex boyfriend and his family whom I met as a teenager had immigrated from Japan. I found my ex to be insanely attractive and so did many other women, but he said that he often got snubbed because American women tended to prefer stereotypical rougher, tall muscley white and latino guys, and viewed asian men as less masculine. This blew my mind because I have always been turned off by those sorts of hypermasculine/tough traits and never really fancied any of the men in the culture I grew up around because what I liked in a person was just different from what I was surrounded by. I did not share many of the values as those around me like religion, or love of sports. Also, I look very different from most people where I grew up and was heavily bullied for it.

So I think that there is unfortunately a bias in certain parts of the world that make asian men feel inadequate, and this is deeply unfair. Yet, I've experienced the opposite as well in countries where white people are the minority and it has lead me to believe that such beliefs are a consequence of growing up insular communities where different cultures and ethnicities don't mesh and interact as much and there's very little integration that makes everyone feel welcome, accepted, and for lack of a better word, to feel like they are "normal" amongst their peers.

Being in a more multicultural place for a long time has been very telling. Though, many of the people I've interacted with and become friends with at university are east asian international students, and I have frequently heard many of my friends say that white women are ugly, and even dirty, which shocked me, until I realized they grew up in places that are pretty ethnically homogenous with few foreigners. My ex also made a comment to me once that white people are naturally filthy and it's why we need to wear deodorant while Japanese people don't! This made me incredibly self conscious about my appearance and thinking that there was something wrong with me, even though I know realistically it's a different flavor of the same racist garbage my ex was exposed to when moving to America.

I also stayed in Japan for a fairly long time, and happen to really love Japanese fashion. Which unfortunately, is not very accessible to people of various body types and builds. I am very thin but have a larger bust and waist, and I quickly learned that in Japan it's 1 サイズ only most places, and that my body type was just not the norm there. While most people were extremely friendly, polite, and welcoming, there were several instances of men being creepy towards me or saying crass things towards me and my other female friends because we were foreigners (two of us white and one who is half chinese) even though I only spoke Japanese while there and was extremely quiet, polite, self conscious and trying my best to fit into the culture.

There are a lot of foreigners living in Japan who feel alienated and ugly for not being able to live up to Japanese beauty standards, because they are black, white, indian, malay, etc and the clothes are designed for short and petite japanese women, makeup is made for very light skin, people gawk at you for being a different race, etc. Discrimination against foreigners is unfortunately common and accepted, which I really hate because I love so much about the culture, I love learning the language, speaking to the older people who taught me lots of history, but I completely hated feeling like no matter how much you try to assimilate you will never be accepted if you are a different race and nationality.

After witnessing what I did growing up (seeing a lot of racism and prejudice towards anyone who wasn't white) and then also experiencing the same thing in Japan, I think self hatred is unfortunately a natural consequence of feeling like you don't belong wherever you live, and thus people want to conceal their appearance and their culture to try and fit in more, or wish they could be someone else. I wish we had a more accepting world where people were exposed to different cultures at an early age and could see themselves as beautiful without thinking they need to change who they are to be attractive to others.

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
Having disdain for one's appearance and self is probably influenced by the area and environment in which one grows up and develops in, especially if they are a minority group in that population. However, I am white so please feel free to take this with a grain of salt or tell me to hush if I am overstepping.

If someone is living in an area where certain cultures are dominant and they feel as if they don't fit in with that majority culture, a person can feel influenced to conform to it and try to emulate those norms rather than embracing their own identity which may not align with what they are exposed to in popular culture and media. This is especially prevalent when it comes to appearances, and being unable to live up to the beauty standards of those around you.

One example I can think of is how kpop idols and kdrama actresses set up unrealistic standards of beauty for the youth who idolize and follow them. In south korea plastic surgery and the cosmetic industry are booming because unrealistic expectations of aesthetics are becoming normalised. This is making a lot of Korean youth resent their natural features and attractiveness, because they have been shamed into believing that looking like an idol is the norm. Many idols have undergone extensive cosmetic procedures, harsh diets and training regimes, etc to maintain their looks, and that lifestyle is unhealthy for anyone.

I grew up in an area where there were not very many asians, but my ex boyfriend and his family whom I met as a teenager had immigrated from Japan. I found my ex to be insanely attractive and so did many other women, but he said that he often got snubbed because American women tended to prefer stereotypical rougher, tall muscley white and latino guys, and viewed asian men as less masculine. This blew my mind because I have always been turned off by those sorts of hypermasculine/tough traits and never really fancied any of the men in the culture I grew up around because what I liked in a person was just different from what I was surrounded by. I did not share many of the values as those around me like religion, or love of sports. Also, I look very different from most people where I grew up and was heavily bullied for it.

So I think that there is unfortunately a bias in certain parts of the world that make asian men feel inadequate, and this is deeply unfair. Yet, I've experienced the opposite as well in countries where white people are the minority and it has lead me to believe that such beliefs are a consequence of growing up insular communities where different cultures and ethnicities don't mesh and interact as much and there's very little integration that makes everyone feel welcome, accepted, and for lack of a better word, to feel like they are "normal" amongst their peers.

Being in a more multicultural place for a long time has been very telling. Though, many of the people I've interacted with and become friends with at university are east asian international students, and I have frequently heard many of my friends say that white women are ugly, and even dirty, which shocked me, until I realized they grew up in places that are pretty ethnically homogenous with few foreigners. My ex also made a comment to me once that white people are naturally filthy and it's why we need to wear deodorant while Japanese people don't! This made me incredibly self conscious about my appearance and thinking that there was something wrong with me, even though I know realistically it's a different flavor of the same racist garbage my ex was exposed to when moving to America.

I also stayed in Japan for a fairly long time, and happen to really love Japanese fashion. Which unfortunately, is not very accessible to people of various body types and builds. I am very thin but have a larger bust and waist, and I quickly learned that in Japan it's 1 サイズ only most places, and that my body type was just not the norm there. While most people were extremely friendly, polite, and welcoming, there were several instances of men being creepy towards me or saying crass things towards me and my other female friends because we were foreigners (two of us white and one who is half chinese) even though I only spoke Japanese while there and was extremely quiet, polite, self conscious and trying my best to fit into the culture.

There are a lot of foreigners living in Japan who feel alienated and ugly for not being able to live up to Japanese beauty standards, because they are black, white, indian, malay, etc and the clothes are designed for short and petite japanese women, makeup is made for very light skin, people gawk at you for being a different race, etc. Discrimination against foreigners is unfortunately common and accepted, which I really hate because I love so much about the culture, I love learning the language, speaking to the older people who taught me lots of history, but I completely hated feeling like no matter how much you try to assimilate you will never be accepted if you are a different race and nationality.

After witnessing what I did growing up (seeing a lot of racism and prejudice towards anyone who wasn't white) and then also experiencing the same thing in Japan, I think self hatred is unfortunately a natural consequence of feeling like you don't belong wherever you live, and thus people want to conceal their appearance and their culture to try and fit in more, or wish they could be someone else. I wish we had a more accepting world where people were exposed to different cultures at an early age and could see themselves as beautiful without thinking they need to change who they are to be attractive to others.
Thank you for that response, the way you explained it really put it in perspective.

It seems that I can relate to that in a way odly. As someone who is 176cm in a country where men are usually 180+, I also felt insecure since I was a teenager and felt that I didn't belong in that environment.

Of course that's probably nothing compared to what people who are in minority go through, but it helps me understand the struggle one might go through

a.hamza.13

a.hamza.13

Apr 15, 2024
Parents *chose* to have children. They chose that for themselves. Shouldn't they have a responsibility towards their kids? You should support your kid for life because they didn't choose to be born. You shouldn't force them to become independent or support themselves, as they were brought into this world against their will. Parents owe their children, not the other way around
I absolutely agree with it.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

I'm very shy as well and I don't want to show my face. I don't want publicity or people knowing me. Also, the cards say no. They say I should be a lawyer or EMT instead, or something in the medical field

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
I'm very shy as well and I don't want to show my face. I don't want publicity or people knowing me. Also, the cards say no. They say I should be a lawyer or EMT instead, or something in the medical field
There are tiktok users who only show up to the neck, hiding their faces. I think it could still work, provided you can actually sing

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
@*Hope* This is what the cards said. Lol "extremely high ambition." What ambition? It's nowhere to be found. If I had ambition before, I lost it all

"Card 1: The Five of Ankhs (Ankhs replace swords in this deck, focusing more on intelligence that incorporates wisdom)

The five of ankhs is about winning at all costs, even being too aggressive and causing some issues with your peers, but still ending in success. It's a card of extremely high ambition. This is in an area of intelligence of course, but would be something with a bit more spice where conflict is present. For example, being a lawyer, an EMT, working with the trauma of others somehow. This would be a path you find fulfilling both financially and in your heart."
There are tiktok users who only show up to the neck, hiding their faces. I think it could still work, provided you can actually sing
"Now the bad cards!

You shouldn't pursue these next two cards.

Card 5: The Six of Wands
This card represents public recognition, praise from the public, self absorption or careers that are more personality based or script-requiring.
Basically don't be a YouTuber or a news reporter, and don't be a politician! Nothing like that."

Last edited:
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Parents may choose to have children for selfish reasons. I definitely think that happens, and people who aren't ready for kids need to have fewer kids. But there are definitely parents who have kids thinking those kids can live a positive life that is more good than bad and at the end of it the kid will look back and say "I'm glad I lived." Statistically, it's more likely that a person already alive would prefer to continue being alive, meaning it's not irrational for the parents to think that.

I can accept your premise, though, that parents should always be ready to support their kid when needed. Your parents are doing that. But what about people whose parents are dead? Who has to give them their food and electricity forever?

I'd rather be free for 10% of the time than free 0%, which is what you are by your own words: a slave to your parents. Also, My SO and I are absolutely going to be able to retire at some point, probably young, and I have enough saved up - thanks to working - that I can tell my boss to fuck off and quit if they don't treat me well. I wouldn't have that leverage if I hadn't worked at least some to build a nest egg.
There is a difference between freedom and permissiveness, whether you worked or not, you're still a slave. You can believe the delusion that you are 10% free "there are 8 billion people like you who believe they are free, so I guess it is subjective truth to them" but in fact it is conformity, which aligns your needs and wants with the mainstream tendencies, the tendencies that were designed by elites and technology for you. There is no alternative. Intellectuals acknowledge that slavery is also to modern material condition "technology" in fact, we should embrace it to treat the disease called humanity.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
There is a difference between freedom and permissiveness, whether you worked or not, you're still a slave. You can believe the delusion that you are 10% free "there are 8 billion people like you who believe they are free, so I guess it is subjective truth to them" but in fact it is conformity, which aligns your needs and wants with the mainstream tendencies, the tendencies that were designed by elites and technology for you. There is no alternative. Intellectuals acknowledge that slavery is also to modern material condition "technology" in fact, we should embrace it to treat the disease called humanity.
I think it's an interesting discussion, and I certainly have great criticisms of what our modern life has become and I've expressed great frustration at the willingness of most people to shield their eyes to uncomfortable truths and accept things. I don't take as absolute a view as you do, but I understand it. I disagree with the notion that the fact that I am in a world with conformities in tendencies, behaviors, desires, etc., if I share anything at all in common with those conformities it means that no part of my life is my own.

Still, I think that discussion is very separate from what we're talking about. We live in that world where the elites manipulate and control everything. The reality has to be accepted unless one has a plan to overthrow it and change everything into some utopian vision. And, no, staying at home so as to not contribute and making your parents work a few more hours to support you and then ctb'ing at age 25 is not hurting the system in the slightest.

We're comparing two potential lifestyles. Even if you want to call them both "slavery", and one of them gives you more leeway to make choices and define your life. Even if you think it is very little leeway because you are still largely choosing from a pre-determined set of options, it is better than the alternative.

Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
Just replying to the original post, I don't hate my heritage but I dislike (and many a times hated) my parents and their ideals. I don't really see my race as part of my identity, but there have been times in the past when I wished I was white because I had a preconception that white parents had a better chance of being nicer to their kids due to my childhood. I hate the asian parenting culture and still do. Obviously doesn't apply to all asian parents but it's hard to deny that it's a thing. And furthermore, not all white parents are good people, but in my mind, the odds are better than all the asian parents I've witnessed in my life.

Reactions: sserafim
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
I think it's an interesting discussion, and I certainly have great criticisms of what our modern life has become and I've expressed great frustration at the willingness of most people to shield their eyes to uncomfortable truths and accept things. I don't take as absolute a view as you do, but I understand it. I disagree with the notion that the fact that I am in a world with conformities in tendencies, behaviors, desires, etc., if I share anything at all in common with those conformities it means that no part of my life is my own.

Still, I think that discussion is very separate from what we're talking about. We live in that world where the elites manipulate and control everything. The reality has to be accepted unless one has a plan to overthrow it and change everything into some utopian vision. And, no, staying at home so as to not contribute and making your parents work a few more hours to support you and then ctb'ing at age 25 is not hurting the system in the slightest.

We're comparing two potential lifestyles. Even if you want to call them both "slavery", and one of them gives you more leeway to make choices and define your life. Even if you think it is very little leeway because you are still largely choosing from a pre-determined set of options, it is better than the alternative.
I consider that both lifestyles contribute to the system, but in different ways. conformists make the system more efficient in terms of exploitation and expansion by new innovation, or at least by joining the labor force, on the other hand, rebels like her contribute indirectly to the system too. The system invested in her, but she doesn't benefit the system back, "especially since she is a valuable asset with a high IQ and a good education." Her consumerism and suicidal behavior slow down the system but also make it more resilient to any future vandalism or impediment.

Also, you considered conformist lifestyle advantageous, which is conventional belief according to the mainstream. Some prefer rebels's lifestyle because of uncontentment or resentment due to modern life or difficulties in adjustment, this is inherently embedded in human psychology, and dualism is established in this context. The system needs both criminals-rebels and conformist to function, it is up to the individuals to decide what they like. Basically, there's no universal rule that makes one side more important or preferable than the other.

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I consider that both lifestyles contribute to the system, but in different ways. conformists make the system more efficient in terms of exploitation and expansion by new innovation, or at least by joining the labor force, on the other hand, rebels like her contribute indirectly to the system too. The system invested in her, but she doesn't benefit the system back, "especially since she is a valuable asset with a high IQ and a good education." Her consumerism and suicidal behavior slow down the system but also make it more resilient to any future vandalism or impediment.

Also, you considered conformist lifestyle advantageous, which is conventional belief according to the mainstream. Some prefer rebels's lifestyle because of incontentment or resentment due to modern life or difficulties in adjustment, this is inherently embedded in human psychology, and duality is established in this context. The system needs both criminals-rebels and conformist to function, it is up to the individuals to decide what they like. Basically, there's no universal rule that makes one side more important or preferable than the other.
"rebels like her" is where I think we're fundamentally missing each other. She's not rebelling. She's not out protesting, or changing anything. She is, as she describes it, a slave to her parents, who are 100% devoted to the system. She's not "slow[ing] down the system" in absolutely any way. Her parents work a little more, and she feeds into the consumerism. We're not talking about "conformist normie" vs. "anarchist rebel," we're talking about someone who has some nonzero amount of independence and someone who is 100% a slave dependent on the system she hates so much. You have very little insight into my life outside of the fact that, yes, I do work and someone pays me for said work, and I guess to you that alone means I'm a total normie brainwashed into being an unwilling cog for the machine.

If you were debating my life vs. living out in the woods and self-sustaining or hitting the road with no place to go but a dream or, hell, setting oneself on fire in protest of the fact that money exists, there at least would be a conversation to be had, but that's not the case. Someday, I may have enough that I can help change things, even if just a little bit, even if it's just having someone work for me who I pay extra for less work so they can have a better work-life balance. She isn't building up towards being able to change things at all.

I know I'm not making any friends here, but glorifying the NEET lifestyle is, imo, just as bad as fully demonizing it.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
"rebels like her" is where I think we're fundamentally missing each other. She's not rebelling. She's not out protesting, or changing anything. She is, as she describes it, a slave to her parents, who are 100% devoted to the system. She's not "slow[ing] down the system" in absolutely any way. Her parents work a little more, and she feeds into the consumerism. We're not talking about "conformist normie" vs. "anarchist rebel," we're talking about someone who has some nonzero amount of independence and someone who is 100% a slave dependent on the system she hates so much. You have very little insight into my life outside of the fact that, yes, I do work and someone pays me for said work, and I guess to you that alone means I'm a total normie brainwashed into being an unwilling cog for the machine.

If you were debating my life vs. living out in the woods and self-sustaining or hitting the road with no place to go but a dream or, hell, setting oneself on fire in protest of the fact that money exists, there at least would be a conversation to be had, but that's not the case. Someday, I may have enough that I can help change things, even if just a little bit, even if it's just having someone work for me who I pay extra for less work so they can have a better work-life balance. She isn't building up towards being able to change things at all.

I know I'm not making any friends here, but glorifying the NEET lifestyle is, imo, just as bad as fully demonizing it.
Her actions are deemed rebellious by definition "Rebel is anyone who shows a desire to resist authority, control, convention. OR revolutionary who trying to overthrow a government." a desire to change things isn't always necessary for someone to be considered a rebel. Rebels are those who challenge the existing authority or system, and this can be done for various reasons, including frustration or a need for self-expression, their actions may not always be aimed at positive change.

She is slowing down the system by not working, that is common sense, her mother and she work actually make the system faster and more efficient in exploitation than only her mother works. Also, that is without considering that she is younger and probably has more capabilities than her mother.

Again, we are all salves who depend on systems to live. If you want to believe in a lie, that is fine, it doesn't make any difference anyway. There are 8 billion people who think that way. BTW, her hatred is logically and philosophically acceptable.

If you are not self-reliant, then you are a cog in a machine, instead you should embrace it as e/acc does. It is not wrong from different perspectives.

I am not debating your life, and I am also not glorifying the NEET lifestyle. I respect all people's lifestyles, and I don't obligate them to subscribe to a particular lifestyle. I gave up on humans long ago, disease should be treated by technology, and the disease is humanity.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Cards? Like tarot cards? Sounds like your parents rigged them if law and medicine were the results you got. 😅

I could see you being a paralegal though I don't know if you're ready to shift degrees.