• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
IMG 3512
I have noticed a ton of internalized racism and self hatred in asian youth, to the point that some kids delude themselves into believing they were "European in their previous life".

It's honestly sad and somewhat pathetic, and i see it all over the internet like the reddit subforum r/aznidentity. I mean I dont see other races be so obsessed with other races while hating their own.

This whole thing made me wonder: Why is asian self-hate so rampant?

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I think it's different for each person, and no answer fits an entire group of people.

For me, it's because saying I'm Asian makes me feel like a fraud to my own race. My parents risked their lives immigrating to America to give me a better life, and yet I'm overwhelmed, suicidial, and work in retail.
It's also because I'm Westernized to the point where when my cousins from SEA do visit, I can barely relate to them. Actually, it's hard to relate to my older relatives in general, I only know English! Even when entering Asian markets (local chain deticated to selling products generally found in the east), I feel like I don't belong and just want to bolt out.

I am Asian, but, I feel like the more white Asian ever. I don't hate Asians, I just wish I wasn't one sometimes.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I think it's different for each person, and no answer fits an entire group of people.

For me, it's because saying I'm Asian makes me feel like a fraud to my own race. My parents risked their lives immigrating to America to give me a better life, and yet I'm overwhelmed, suicidial, and work in retail.
It's also because I'm Westernized to the point where when my cousins from SEA do visit, I can barely relate to them. Actually, it's hard to relate to my older relatives in general, I only know English! Even when entering Asian markets (local chain deticated to selling products generally found in the east), I feel like I don't belong and just want to bolt out.

I am Asian, but, I feel like the more white Asian ever. I don't hate Asians, I just wish I wasn't one sometimes.
I'm East Asian and I speak my language and interact with my culture. I interact with my cousins and older relatives when I go back to China, but even though I'm fluent in Mandarin, they can still tell that I'm American. It must be my fashion sense or my mannerisms. I'm also not sure if Asian Americans look different from Asians facial feature wise. I guess where you grew up/your environment would have an impact on your appearance though, due to epigenetics, even if the starting DNA was the same. I was born and grew up in America, so I guess I'm Asian American as well as whitewashed. I don't feel Chinese or American. I don't feel like I belong anywhere or to anything. I wish I were white too. America is a country built and meant for white people

Last edited:
*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
These people are entitled to like who they like. It doesn't mean they hate Asians or have any real affinity towards one group or another purposely, just that that's the way it is for them.
Im not talking about attraction if that's what you're referring to, I'm talking about the fact that some of them wish they were white

Reactions: 3/4Dead
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Im not talking about attraction if that's what you're referring to, I'm talking about the fact that some of them wish they were white
That's because white people are the majority in America, and let's face it: America was built and meant for white people. Whites are the dominant race, so they have the most power. It's always hard being a minority. In America, everything is about race, so they'll always see me as Asian first and foremost. I bet people would treat me differently if I were white. Racism against Asians is usually covert rather than overt

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018

In that case I think it's just normal conditioning. If an Asian person grows up around white people or sees a lot of (pop) culture stuff related to them wherever they look, I think it's natural that their identity (and attraction fwiw) would gravitate towards that. So it's not so much a delusion, but rather what you're exposed to and what you feel is cool or desirable as a result. But I'm not Asian so I'll butt out.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
You're going to have a lot of self-hatred on this website in general. With this being a primarily English-speaking board, you're going to have a lot of people from majority white areas. With self-hatred being par for the course among visitors, blaming race is one possible outlet for people who look different than those around them.

Further, I think being suicidal and contemplating it in a philosophical sense - leading one to this website - is probably correlated with a high IQ, and East Asians have the highest IQ on average. Then, there are cultural factors. I think of South Korea, which is a wonderful country, yet has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. There's a lot of value placed on honor, meaning failures and perceived failures will push people towards suicide more strongly.

It's a sign that there's a lot of distorted views of the world at play. I find the Asians I talk to are generally very proud of their race for some legitimate reasons: high IQ, high career performance, long life span, trust-based cultures in their home countries resulting in low crime rates, etc. In America, Asians were thrown in internment camps for their race 80 years after slavery ended, yet they've bounced back to be arguably the most successful race per-capita. For Asian women, they naturally possess a lot of features men find attractive: feminine features and dispositions with smaller, symmetrical faces and lower average body fat.

The perceived pressure and real cultural expectations may lead to resentment of the race, but that has nothing to do with the race itself and moreso the individual's environment.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You're going to have a lot of self-hatred on this website in general. With this being a primarily English-speaking board, you're going to have a lot of people from majority white areas. With self-hatred being par for the course among visitors, blaming race is one possible outlet for people who look different than those around them.

Further, I think being suicidal and contemplating it in a philosophical sense - leading one to this website - is probably correlated with a high IQ, and East Asians have the highest IQ on average. Then, there are cultural factors. I think of South Korea, which is a wonderful country, yet has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. There's a lot of value placed on honor, meaning failures and perceived failures will push people towards suicide more strongly.

It's a sign that there's a lot of distorted views of the world at play. I find the Asians I talk to are generally very proud of their race for some legitimate reasons: high IQ, high career performance, long life span, trust-based cultures in their home countries resulting in low crime rates, etc. In America, Asians were thrown in internment camps for their race 80 years after slavery ended, yet they've bounced back to be arguably the most successful race per-capita. For Asian women, they naturally possess a lot of features men find attractive: feminine features and dispositions with smaller, symmetrical faces and lower average body fat.

The perceived pressure and real cultural expectations may lead to resentment of the race, but that has nothing to do with the race itself and moreso the individual's environment.
Honor is about saving face. They want to preserve their reputation and dignity. Lol the "trust-based culture" basically means being a slave to the system, and just another sheep in a sea of normies. You're also a slave to your parents for the rest of your life. Asian parents are usually narcissistic and they view their children as objects rather than people. Just go on r/AsianParentStories. This has to do with Confucianism and filial piety. You're brainwashed into believing that you owe your parents just because they gave birth to you. Asian cultures are also collectivist rather than individualist. I think that Asians conform more to the norm. None of my cousins in China are NEETs except for my cousin who had a gaming addiction in high school, but even he graduated college and is now in a master's program. I became a NEET after graduating college because I don't see a point in having a career. Work is modern day slavery. Whoever willingly enters servitude is delusional in my opinion. A long life span is bad because if you live long, you'll inevitably get old and have to enter old age and get the ailments that come with it. I don't know why people are *proud* of a long life span, or why they take pride in it. I want as short a lifespan as possible. I don't want to live past 25

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Lol the "trust-based culture" basically means being a slave to your parents for the rest of your life. Asian parents are usually narcissistic and they view their children as objects rather than people. Just go on r/AsianParentStories. This has to do with Confucianism and filial piety. You're brainwashed into believing that you owe your parents just because they gave birth to you. Asian cultures are also collectivist rather than individualist. I think that Asians conform more to the norm. None of my cousins in China are NEETs except for my cousin who had a gaming addiction in high school, but even he graduated college and is now in a master's program or graduate school.
When I say "trust-based culture" I mean you can have self-automated convenience stores that won't be robbed, and it feels safe riding the subway in Seoul at 2am, because asians are the least likely to commit random crimes against strangers' person or property. Although there could be some disconnect because not all asian countries and cultures are the same. I'm surprised at how much Korean parents put up with their kids, and my SO always says white American parents are more harsh because they throw their kids out into the world while Korean parents would take care of them longer. It's not black and white.

I became a NEET after graduating college because I don't see a point in having a career. Work is modern day slavery. Whoever willingly enters servitude is delusional in my opinion.
Getting away from the people who see you as a "slave" and an "object" seems like a pretty good point once you get past the absolutism about work. You're staying with people who you claim see you as a literal slave rather than making a free transaction with someone else for work because you think the powers that be have made such transaction essentially slavery. For the most part, it's siths who deal in absolutes.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
When I say "trust-based culture" I mean you can have self-automated convenience stores that won't be robbed, and it feels safe riding the subway in Seoul at 2am, because asians are the least likely to commit random crimes against strangers' person or property. Although there could be some disconnect because not all asian countries and cultures are the same. I'm surprised at how much Korean parents put up with their kids, and my SO always says white American parents are more harsh because they throw their kids out into the world while Korean parents would take care of them longer. It's not black and white.

Getting away from the people who see you as a "slave" and an "object" seems like a pretty good point once you get past the absolutism about work. You're staying with people who you claim see you as a literal slave rather than making a free transaction with someone else for work because you think the powers that be have made such transaction essentially slavery. For the most part, it's siths who deal in absolutes.
That's because their culture is collectivist rather than individualist. It's the same in China. People in collectivist cultures are more likely to abide by rules, I think. I just don't want to work. I don't see a point in having to support yourself or be independent. A "free transaction with someone else for work" isn't free because *you* have to work aka labor. You're basically selling yourself and your labor. No thanks, I'd rather be a NEET. The whole point of why I'm a NEET is to avoid labor lol

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Me an Asian Youth? I'm 30! And my major self hatred has little to do with me being Asian, thank you very much. The most I can say I hate about being Asian is that my eyes are kind of slanty and thin and my dad was an awful human being even compared to other Asian parents.

Even in my quote in the picture I just wish I was a different type of Asian. Nowhere do I say in it that I wish I was white or anything else because then I'd probably have to contend with more body hair or something like that. Asians in the US also get unique privileges of their own these days since many people are so accepting of our cultures now, at least with East Asians they are.

If you're going to attack my predilection towards white women, then you should know it's not because I think Asian women are inferior. Quite the opposite in fact. I actually think that to many people attracted to the female gender, they are the most sought after type of woman on the planet overall and thus the women themselves tend to have the highest standards and the toughest competition. Add on the fact that Asian women are also more likely to have stricter parents that they actually listen to and it's easy to see why I had to settle down and away from them when it comes to my preferences. Plus every woman who's ever actually expressed interest in me was white and I find that confidence more attractive than anything else so really it has less to do with their race and everything to do with simply resembling reflections of past loves of mine.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
That's because their culture is collectivist rather than individualist. It's the same in China. People in collectivist cultures are more likely to abide by rules, I think. I just don't want to work. I don't see a point in having to support yourself or be independent.

I think people have misconceptions about Korea. It's why I asked you in another thread if you really hate capitalism or just what the US has become, because I'd say Korea is more capitalistic than the US, just far far more efficient.

A "free transaction with someone else for work" isn't free because *you* have to work aka labor. You're basically selling yourself and your labor. No thanks, I'd rather be a NEET. The whole point of why I'm a NEET is to avoid labor lol
They have leverage because you need to work, you have leverage based on your skills and the fact that you have many options of employers if you were to work. The whole fact that you don't have to work shows that it is a voluntary transaction.

Reactions: xinino
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think people have misconceptions about Korea. It's why I asked you in another thread if you really hate capitalism or just what the US has become, because I'd say Korea is more capitalistic than the US, just far far more efficient.

They have leverage because you need to work, you have leverage based on your skills and the fact that you have many options of employers if you were to work. The whole fact that you don't have to work shows that it is a voluntary transaction.
It's not voluntary if your survival depends on it. Basic needs in this world (which should be human rights, by the way) cost money and it costs money to survive, so people will be forced into working if they're not able to become NEETs. Most people work to survive, not because they *want* to. I bet if you gave people unlimited money, they would never work again

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
A long life span is bad because if you live long, you'll inevitably get old and have to enter old age and get the ailments that come with it. I don't know why people are *proud* of a long life span, or why they take pride in it. I want as short a lifespan as possible. I don't want to live past 25
lol you have to know in your heart that 25 is ridiculously young to be worried about "old age and the ailments that come with it." And a long life span on average means you're less likely to have those ailments, meaning you can live longer before your old age concerns become legitimate.

Reactions: xinino
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
lol you have to know in your heart that 25 is ridiculously young to be worried about "old age and the ailments that come with it." And a long life span on average means you're less likely to have those ailments, meaning you can live longer before your old age concerns become legitimate.
I just never wanted to grow up in the first place or be an adult. Ever since I was a kid, I didn't want to live past 18. Unfortunately I did. I just don't see anything worth living about adulthood. Adulthood just brings more responsibility. I don't see any positive or benefits about it. I don't want to live past 25 because I just feel like I am *meant* to die young. End of story

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
It's not voluntary if your survival depends on it. Basic needs in this world (which should be human rights, by the way) cost money and it costs money to survive, so people will be forced into working if they're not able to become NEETs. Most people work to survive, not because they *want* to. I bet if you gave people unlimited money, they would never work again
So, you have a human right to, what? A nice house, 3 meals a day, running water, electricity, internet access? There has never been any culture that has provided the average young person a good living without some sort of labor or other value being provided in return.

Most people work to survive, not because they *want* to. I bet if you gave people unlimited money, they would never work again

Yeah, probably. It's pointless to think about, though, because if you gave everyone unlimited money that money is instantly worthless and won't buy you anything.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
So, you have a human right to, what? A nice house, 3 meals a day, running water, electricity, internet access? There has never been any culture that has provided the average young person a good living without some sort of labor or other value being provided in return.

Yeah, probably. It's pointless to think about, though, because if you gave everyone unlimited money that money is instantly worthless and won't buy you anything.
Food, water, electricity and shelter should be human rights. You shouldn't have to pay for them. Why should you have to work for them? They're free in the animal world. I just mean that if you gave people enough money for them to never have to work again, they would take it. They're forced to work for their own survival and because everything costs money in this world. Nothing is free

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I just never wanted to grow up in the first place or be an adult. Ever since I was a kid, I didn't want to live past 18. Unfortunately I did. I just don't see anything worth living about adulthood. Adulthood just brings more responsibility. I don't see any positive or benefits about it. I don't want to live past 25 because I just feel like I am *meant* to die young. End of story
Okay, but you can feel that way and acknowledge that your desire to not live past 25 has nothing to do with the terrors of your body shriveling under crippling old age. If you have some spiritual belief about your destiny, that's fine, but discuss it honestly.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Okay, but you can feel that way and acknowledge that your desire to not live past 25 has nothing to do with the terrors of your body shriveling under crippling old age. If you have some spiritual belief about your destiny, that's fine, but discuss it honestly.
I just don't want to be an adult or go through old age. Can you tell me any benefits of adulthood? All I see is added responsibilities that give me nothing in return. My life as a NEET is very chill. I have everything that I need, and I don't need to work for it at all. Why would I actively *want* to work or take on responsibilities? I want as least responsibilities as possible. I also don't feel like I was ever meant to be an adult or live this long

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Food, water, electricity and shelter should be human rights. You shouldn't have to pay for them. Why should you have to work for them?
Why should someone else have to work for them for you? That is actual slavery.

They're free in the animal world.
lol come on. Electricity and shelter is free in the animal world? Also food?? Animals in the wild are facing death every day trying to get food and water to survive. If you want to go live in the wilderness in Montana no one is going to stop you, but you'll have to do plenty of labor to keep yourself alive.

I just mean that if you gave people enough money for them to never have to work again, they would take it. They're forced to work for their own survival and because everything costs money in this world. Nothing is free
Same response. Even if it isn't unlimited, giving everyone enough to not have to work is going to mean people don't work. Suddenly that electricity you are owed isn't pumping. . . so someone is going to actually be forced to work, this time at gunpoint.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Why should someone else have to work for them for you? That is actual slavery.

lol come on. Electricity and shelter is free in the animal world? Also food?? Animals in the wild are facing death every day trying to get food and water to survive. If you want to go live in the wilderness in Montana no one is going to stop you, but you'll have to do plenty of labor to keep yourself alive.

Same response. Even if it isn't unlimited, giving everyone enough to not have to work is going to mean people don't work. Suddenly that electricity you are owed isn't pumping. . . so someone is going to actually be forced to work, this time at gunpoint.
Parents *chose* to have children. They chose that for themselves. Shouldn't they have a responsibility towards their kids? You should support your kid for life because they didn't choose to be born. You shouldn't force them to become independent or support themselves, as they were brought into this world against their will. Parents owe their children, not the other way around

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I just don't want to be an adult or go through old age. Can you tell me any benefits of adulthood? All I see is added responsibilities that give me nothing in return. My life as a NEET is very chill. I have everything that I need, and I don't need to work for it at all. Why would I actively *want* to work or take on responsibilities? I want as least responsibilities as possible. I also don't feel like I was ever meant to be an adult or live this long
There's a lot you have to accept about being a human. It feels good to build something. Build your own life and call it yours. I bought a house recently. It's not amazing, but it's set up how I want and in a neighborhood I like and chose where there are fun things I can go out and do. Also, no matter what you think now, relationships can be good. Having a close friend hits a part of your heart you might not even realize is unsatisfied right now. Yes, work sucks and responsibilities suck, but life is really complicated, not simple. I have freedom, I have self, I have community, and those things are good. The biggest reason you should want to work is because right now you want to die before 25 and feel like a literal slave in your current environment. Feeling like you weren't "meant" to live this long is your mind's way of telling you something is wrong and something needs to change, and unfortunately it seems like you'll need independence to explore options.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There's a lot you have to accept about being a human. It feels good to build something. Build your own life and call it yours. I bought a house recently. It's not amazing, but it's set up how I want and in a neighborhood I like and chose where there are fun things I can go out and do. Also, no matter what you think now, relationships can be good. Having a close friend hits a part of your heart you might not even realize is unsatisfied right now. Yes, work sucks and responsibilities suck, but life is really complicated, not simple. I have freedom, I have self, I have community, and those things are good. The biggest reason you should want to work is because right now you want to die before 25 and feel like a literal slave in your current environment. Feeling like you weren't "meant" to live this long is your mind's way of telling you something is wrong and something needs to change, and unfortunately it seems like you'll need independence to explore options.
How does work give you freedom? That's a lie. You've been deluded into believing that. Work *doesn't* make you free. Instead, it does the exact opposite. You're chained to work and your job for the rest of your life. "Freedom is slavery". You *don't* have freedom because you have to work

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Why is asian self-hate so rampant?
Perhaps because asian parents are strict and compare their children to others whenever they achieve anything less than perfect? Actually, sometimes they would still compare their child to others even if their child did do perfect. I'm an asian and despite my parents being like this towards me, I still don't hate myself but I think that it's understandable for asian people to hate themselves because of their upbringing (assuming that they even do which I don't believe). Many asian parents see their child as a trophy to use to flex to their parents and they're the type of parents who want a completely polished trophy... anything less is unacceptable to them

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Parents *chose* to have children. They chose that for themselves. Shouldn't they have a responsibility towards their kids? You should support your kid for life because they didn't choose to be born. You shouldn't force them to become independent or support themselves, as they were brought into this world against their will. Parents owe their children, not the other way around
Parents may choose to have children for selfish reasons. I definitely think that happens, and people who aren't ready for kids need to have fewer kids. But there are definitely parents who have kids thinking those kids can live a positive life that is more good than bad and at the end of it the kid will look back and say "I'm glad I lived." Statistically, it's more likely that a person already alive would prefer to continue being alive, meaning it's not irrational for the parents to think that.

I can accept your premise, though, that parents should always be ready to support their kid when needed. Your parents are doing that. But what about people whose parents are dead? Who has to give them their food and electricity forever?
How does work give you freedom? That's a lie. You've been deluded into believing that. Work *doesn't* make you free. Instead, it does the exact opposite. You're chained to work and your job for the rest of your life. "Freedom is slavery". You *don't* have freedom because you have to work
I'd rather be free for 10% of the time than free 0%, which is what you are by your own words: a slave to your parents. Also, My SO and I are absolutely going to be able to retire at some point, probably young, and I have enough saved up - thanks to working - that I can tell my boss to fuck off and quit if they don't treat me well. I wouldn't have that leverage if I hadn't worked at least some to build a nest egg.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think it's more that good parents should be able to raise children who are actually fully equipped to become independent themselves. If their children end up burnt out from years of being overworked that's fully on the parents. They should have done a better job at ensuring we've actually got the skills and willpower to support ourselves. This is easier said than done but so many Asian parents are some of the worst at it. You and I and any of the other Asians here are all failures in the eyes of our parents which does reflect more poorly on them than it should on us. The fact that they can't get us to change so they have to resort to yelling or other tactics borne out of frustration just shows that they've failed at such a basic part of parenthood.

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
I kinda get where you're coming from now, after reading some of your replies on this thread. But here's the thing about not wanting to take responsibility and wanting to stay NEET:
Getting a job might be the best antidepressant out there, and it might be a huge deciding factor as to why most NEETs are depressed and suicidal. You're not getting a job to offer something to society or to take up responsibility, but rather you get a job to socialize and be a part of society.

6_6

6_6

Dec 29, 2023
View attachment 136215
I have noticed a ton of internalized racism and self hatred in asian youth, to the point that some kids delude themselves into believing they were "European in their previous life".

It's honestly sad and somewhat pathetic, and i see it all over the internet like the reddit subforum r/aznidentity. I mean I dont see other races be so obsessed with other races while hating their own.

This whole thing made me wonder: Why is asian self-hate so rampant?
maybe it's ancestral.. the way the culture formed relationships of growing civilizations... there must be some underused plus side to this self focused neroticism, like how anxiety can be a tool for forseeing potential roadblocks and preparing accordingly.

culture nowadays can shape our ideas about ourselves too, like what's praiseworthy or disdainful... so we're going through lots of logic checks as to "how well we're doing in comparison to other people and the "ideal" traits in our head.

i'm convinced everything we can hate about ourselves can be a north star, guiding us to our potential.
the things we can't change have the potential become our [previously untapped] superpower, our signature, our unprecedented "style"

[grain of salt: i am only a quarter japanese]

Reactions: *Hope*