notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
thank you very much for this, @HereToday -- you're a champion. it can't have been much fun to "acquire" it. i've converted your images into chaptered PDFs and uploaded them to two file-sharing sites with reasonable download speeds:

PPeH 20191210 - untouched image-only version:
mega.nz / zippyshare.com (51.03 MB)
PPeH 20191210 - text-searchable & copy/pasteable version:
mega.nz / zippyshare.com (54.03 MB)

obviously i'd recommend the text-searchable and copy/pasteable version, although the accuracy of the text is dependent on the quality of the underlying OCR which has been... disappointing. in order of accuracy/legibility, i've tried: foxit phantompdf, adobe acrobat 2018, and irfanview -- none is great. regardless, i'm so grateful there's a new version of the PPeH at last. your efforts will benefit many people.

• Love
Reactions: peacetoall, EgressiveLolixir, cosmicpixiedust and 1 other person
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Thank you. I'm glad someone else contributed this work after I released the March version last year. It's nice to see someone pay it back.

• Love
Reactions: HereToday, jgm63 and Berlin76
W

WhoseShe

Sep 25, 2019
thank you very much for this, @HereToday -- you're a champion. it can't have been much fun to "acquire" it. i've converted your images into chaptered PDFs and uploaded them to two file-sharing sites with reasonable download speeds:

obviously i'd recommend the text-searchable and copy/pasteable version, although the accuracy of the text is dependent on the quality of the underlying OCR which has been... disappointing. in order of accuracy/legibility, i've tried: foxit phantompdf, adobe acrobat 2018, and irfanview -- none is great. regardless, i'm so grateful there's a new version of the PPeH at last. your efforts will benefit many people.

er, HereToday asked it not b converted into pdf
Please delete. Been told people can modify the PDF after it gains popularity, as happened with the March 2019 version which was removed form the resources.

• Love
Reactions: notjustyetagain, HereToday and Death.
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Having a pdf is invaluable.
It allows people to download and read offline.

We just need to add a caveat, as follows :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* CAVEAT * : Scammers may edit documents and change seller's contact details to the scammer's contact details. Some hosted documents are editable, so a previously checked document could still be compromised. You use this document *ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK*. It is *ESSENTIAL* that you cross-check information with someone having an up-to-date and trusted version, or with some other means of verifying the information. This includes email / website addresses, telephone numbers, information, dosage levels, and any and all information in the document. If you do not *fully* understand these statements then please do *not* use this document !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideally, we would repeat that caveat wherever we share a link to the document.....

Reactions: EgressiveLolixir
notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
aarrghh! sorry sorry sorry, i jumped the gun. i've deleted all of the upload links -- they don't work anymore. sorry it's taken me that long. :(

• Love
Reactions: HereToday
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
aarrghh! sorry sorry sorry, i jumped the gun. i've deleted all of the upload links -- they don't work anymore. sorry it's taken me that long. :(
Actually I don't agree with this. Having PDFs is invaluable. Please see my post above....
The possibility for "doctoring" also applies to the original (non PDF) version as well.
We just need to have a good caveat repeated everywhere (see my suggestion above).
Also, the point made about people being able to edit PDFs is moot, since that applies to any electronic media in general.
If the PDF has been uploaded to a file hosting website, such as anonfile, etc, then it can't be edited (unless you work for anonfile, or have hacked into it).
Mainly we would just need the mods to be vigilant when replacing links with "new version" links, since that's where the bad stuff can happen, and that's when some checking needs to take place, to verify the key emails are correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: EgressiveLolixir
M

marriedindeed

Aug 7, 2019
Actually I don't agree with this. Having PDFs is invaluable. Please see my post above....
The possibility for "doctoring" also applies to the original (non PDF) version as well.
We just need to have a good caveat repeated everywhere (see my suggestion above).
Also, the point made about people being able to edit PDFs is moot, since that applies to any electronic media in general.
If the PDF has been uploaded to a file hosting website, such as anonfile, etc, then it can't be edited (unless you work for anonfile, or have hacked into it).
Mainly we would just need the mods to be vigilant when replacing links with "new version" links, since that's where the bad stuff can happen, and that's when some checking needs to take place, to verify the key emails are correct.
@jgm63, this issue is not whether having a copy of the PPeH in PDF is good or bad, the issue is the number variants of each edition of the PPeH which are uploaded. Keeping track of each variant (whatever format), verifying its contents on initial upload, and keep verifying its contents at later dates, is the issue. An example is notjustyetagain's recent variant of the March 2019 PPeH. notjustyetagain created a nice text searchable document, i.e. they added value. Unfortunately, notjustyetagain unwittingly used a tainted variant as their source document.

One tactic the scammers use it to post a link an un-adulterated document, wait till their document gets a "good" reputation, then alter the document (not the link) to contain a false address(es). I saw this happen with an image from the August 2019 PPeH which showed the email address for B. Initially the image showed the correct address, but was then altered at a later date. Members continued to re-post the link unaware the document had be altered.

Unfortunately we can't rely upon the moderators to be vigilant on this particular issue – recently a link to a tainted copy of the March 2019 edition ended up in the Resources section. Initially the link was to HelensNepenthe's original images upload, but was later replaced with a link to a tainted PDF. I PMed the moderators about this, and their action to remove the link was swift.

However, one of the moderators expressed "frustration" of having to monitor all the various postings etc. relating to the PPeH, N, with regards to scamming. If I were to read between the lines: the impression I got was the moderator felt they were here to monitor the discussion of suicide, ensure no member was coerced into self-harm/suicide etc, not to mention the usually downside to social media, e.g. bullying etc. It would seem that preventing scamming is taking up a lot of their time – so another variant of the PPeH will just increase their workload. I repeat: this was the impression I got.

While your caveat is good, we can't make scammers postings include it, by which time the damage is already done. The impression I get is new members are "green": they expect all members to have their best interests at heart, and the last thing their expect is to be scammed, i.e. they didn't read the forum's introductory Rules and FAQ thread, despite the moderator's Welcome PM advising them to do so - hell I didn't read the FAQ until about a month after I joined!

Last edited:
Reactions: notjustyetagain and HereToday
HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
Hey everyone I don't mind PDFs being made. The comment I asked someone to delete contained a quote where I recommended a PDF a member made. When I found out people can edit them afterwards, I deleted my comment and asked the other user to also delete theirs.
That was because I didn't want to recommend a PDF to people, when I don't know the intentions of the person who created it. They could change emails to scam people and then I'd feel responsible for telling people to use their PDF.

So feel free to create PDFs, but I don't endorse any. The Google drive upload is my own, if you use anyone else's links you do so at your own risk. I don't think it's a moot point to warn people personally.

Before I posted the PPH, I posted a thread asking people where I should upload it. No one told me I should upload it as a PDF nor about the ability to view offline. So I did a Google doc and tbh can't be bothered to be converting to PDF.

I feel like I said PDF 100 times in this comment
Have a great day everyone

P. S: Thank you anyway @WhoseShe for caring about what I wanted :hug:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: notjustyetagain, MysticPerception and Ἡγησίας
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I've posted the 10 Dec 2019 version of the PPeH. I don't know who has the authority to add this to the resources section, but please do so.

I'll be sticking around for a bit if anyone has any questions or comments. Then I'm off to sleep, it's 7am here and I don't want my method to become sleep deprivation.

I also feel compelled to leave this link here in case anyone needs or wants to call a hotline https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

Link for the PPH: https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1-s8HKaiTciIwPKJ4TA7g8fdM6EpIfizC

:heart:

I am so darn grateful for you sharing this. thank you

• Love
F

foobar

Jan 13, 2020
PPH book should have a md5 signature that will allow us to verify the content is untouched.

Regards.

HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
PPH book should have a md5 signature that will allow us to verify the content is untouched.

Regards.
Don't know what that is and frankly have more important things to do than learn about it. If everyone is so suspicious you have two options:
A) confirm the emails, for example, with another member who has the PPH
Or, even better
B) buy it yourself

I won't be posting any future versions because it's a lot of work for too much suspicion in return

• Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
F

foobar

Jan 13, 2020
Don't know what that is and frankly have more important things to do than learn about it. If everyone is so suspicious you have two options:
A) confirm the emails, for example, with another member who has the PPH
Or, even better
B) buy it yourself

I won't be posting any future versions because it's a lot of work for too much suspicion in return

Please bear in mind this is not an attack, it's just a simple method in computer science to verify that a code is untouched and it's very simple for all to check within an online md5 checker that the contents are not altered in any way.

Sorry if you taked personal, was not my intention, and I used this technique all days at my work.

Regards.

notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
BTW, the reason i didn't lock my PDFs is because all PDFs are editible -- officially or unofficially. i can de-drm/unlock any document using the tools outlined here. it's a very simple process anyone can do. so don't think that just because you "lock" a PDF (or any document) from editing that it's actually locked -- it's not. thanks @WhoseShe for alerting me! and yes, although i got the fixed march PPeH eventually and corrected my PDFs/website, the original version contained a scammer's email address. i'm naive and gullible, and i'm probably not the only one. be very careful.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019

Wow, someone must be monitoring this thread. Links already down.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Thank you for helping us out!❤️ I love you!

• Love
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
There is a potential copyright issue here.

Reactions: LucyJordan
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
@jgm63, this issue is not whether having a copy of the PPeH in PDF is good or bad, the issue is the number variants of each edition of the PPeH which are uploaded. Keeping track of each variant (whatever format), verifying its contents on initial upload, and keep verifying its contents at later dates, is the issue. An example is notjustyetagain's recent variant of the March 2019 PPeH. notjustyetagain created a nice text searchable document, i.e. they added value. Unfortunately, notjustyetagain unwittingly used a tainted variant as their source document.

One tactic the scammers use it to post a link an un-adulterated document, wait till their document gets a "good" reputation, then alter the document (not the link) to contain a false address(es). I saw this happen with an image from the August 2019 PPeH which showed the email address for B. Initially the image showed the correct address, but was then altered at a later date. Members continued to re-post the link unaware the document had be altered.

Unfortunately we can't rely upon the moderators to be vigilant on this particular issue – recently a link to a tainted copy of the March 2019 edition ended up in the Resources section. Initially the link was to HelensNepenthe's original images upload, but was later replaced with a link to a tainted PDF. I PMed the moderators about this, and their action to remove the link was swift.

However, one of the moderators expressed "frustration" of having to monitor all the various postings etc. relating to the PPeH, N, with regards to scamming. If I were to read between the lines: the impression I got was the moderator felt they were here to monitor the discussion of suicide, ensure no member was coerced into self-harm/suicide etc, not to mention the usually downside to social media, e.g. bullying etc. It would seem that preventing scamming is taking up a lot of their time – so another variant of the PPeH will just increase their workload. I repeat: this was the impression I got.

While your caveat is good, we can't make scammers postings include it, by which time the damage is already done. The impression I get is new members are "green": they expect all members to have their best interests at heart, and the last thing their expect is to be scammed, i.e. they didn't read the forum's introductory Rules and FAQ thread, despite the moderator's Welcome PM advising them to do so - hell I didn't read the FAQ until about a month after I joined!
Regarding the tactic you mention, this means we should only work with file hosting services that don't allow editing / re-uploading to the same URL.
"anonfile" is a good example of this.
Any modified file would have to be uploaded to a new URL, so a scammer would not be able to take advantage of that tactic (because the new URL would have to be approved again if it were to be shared, at which point the doctoring would be spotted).

So the mods should only accept links for "approved" file sharing sites, such as "anonfile", when putting things in the resources section.

If anyone is aware of other file hosting sites that work in a similar way to "anonfile", where a new file version requires a new URL, then please share here, so we can build a list of approved sites...

Anytime a mod posts a link at an approved hosting site, to the resources section, a quick check that the main "N" email addresses are correct does not take long.

And to cover the parts of the document that haven't been checked (since we can't check everything), we include the "caveat" text wherever we post the link (see post above for sample caveat text).

HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
For anyone who may see this thread in future, the upload has been deleted due to backlash on my DeBreather thread (and my patience running out). I recommend everyone simply buys it themselves, then you won't have to worry about being scammed nor making false and unfounded accusations about people who are simply trying to help.
If admins could please delete this thread that would be great

• Aww..
Reactions: notjustyetagain, Ἡγησίας, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I've uploaded the searchable PDF at the following thread :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pph-dec-2019.30370/
In that thread, I address the various document security concerns....

HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
I've uploaded the searchable PDF at the following thread :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pph-dec-2019.30370/
In that thread, I address the various document security concerns....
Good luck with that

• Love
Reactions: jgm63
S

seenthelight

Jan 26, 2020
Link no longer works

Reactions: LifeIntolerance
M

marriedindeed

Aug 7, 2019
The December 2019 PPeH can be found here: