MidLifeCrisis

MidLifeCrisis

Sep 21, 2019
I have been on mirtazapine for about six months and during that time my eyesight has deteriorated - things are more blurry, and I have difficulty reading small text on my computer screen and signage at a distance. I do already wear glasses for reading but my eyesight has been stable for many years, it has only changed rapidly over the last few months - it must be something to do with this drug?

Has anyone else experienced this side-effect from mirtazapine?

The doctors don't explain the potential risks when they prescribe this sh*t to you.

I can't even be sure that the drug has helped me much, it just made me sleep for 12 hours a night.

I have weaned myself off of it now, and I will see if my eyesight improves over the next few months, if not I will be going to see a doctor. Thankfully with my new job I have full private healthcare and access to a private GP near my office, so I can bypass the f****** NHS.

Reactions: mediocre
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think I got double vision from ct'ing mirtazapine but I am not sure because I started with paroxetine at the same time. It never got better but vision is least of my worries now.

Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I've been on it a month and only really noticed being able to go to sleep a bit faster. My eyesight is already poor so I don't notice if it's had any effect. I already suffer from blurriness double vision and seeing black spots. Haven't had my eyes tested in years. You're so right when you say they don't tell you anything about side effects or even potential drug interactions that could make you ill.

good luck with the private GP I wish I had one!

Reactions: R_N