dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Yet I come across more and more pro-life comments on the suicide discussion by the day, things like "my life is worse than yours so there's hope for you, you're too young, only people 25+ should ctb (so basically everybody else should just suffer instead), please reconsider, you're just being too impulsive, you don't really want to die and just get help, get therapy".. etc.

Honestly pro-life people just repulse me, I never want to read any pro-life drivel again, it's sad how they come on the only place that people can vent about wanting to die openly. People come here to escape from pro-lifers after all, it's meant to be a suicide forum anyway not a prolonging suffering one.

I guess there is no escape from pro-lifers and their insensitive delusions that they love to push onto other people, it's always the same hollow and empty words, for me personally the age related comments are the most delusional as I've been aware of how existing is just meaningless and unnecessary suffering for such a long time. In my case I will always see it as better to cease existing as death means true peace from an existence that just causes harm and wasn't worth enduring in the first place.

I just wish people would stop pushing their insensitive delusions onto people who want to die, sorry but some people have awareness and they don't worship this cruel and futile existence like you.
The pro-life comments imply that existence is automatically a desirable state but for me it could never be, I cannot stand how condescending so many of them are and how they cannot mind their own business, pro-lifers just cause harm.
Wow ! Anybody who doesn't agree with you 100% is a prolifer?

You really want to lord it over everybody, subtly influencing the group, accusing others if they don't follow you like some kind of priestess.

You keep forcing everybody to agree with you and when they don't, 100% they're evil but you never apply the same standards to yourself!

Other people are not allowed to be in between or express what they want, don't help, don't advise,validate only YOUR beliefs which is even worse than a religion.

Don't make life toxic for other people. Be truly kind.

• Love
Reactions: One day too late, Renee and undecided
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
It's always about you, isn't it funeral cry ! Just because YOU'VE always wanted to cease to exist from as long as you remember, doesn't mean that everyone is the same as you.

Some young people suffer with depression at an early age due to circumstances that life throws at them, and they feel, in that moment, that they don't want to live anymore . They don't hate life, they just can't deal with the situation. So you think we should encourage these young people to ctb?

FuneralCry, you are so tunnel visioned. You are pro suicide, yet you are still here, three years down the line! I honestly believe you are here as a spectator, here to watch and encourage strangers on the Internet to ctb. I think you actually get a thrill out of reading people's goodbye threads, and you encourage, encourage, encourage...

yet you're STILL HERE !!

You are the worst kind of human being, because you don't want to be one, and you're jealous of anyone who has a tiny snippet of happiness and a reason to live.

Go spout your vitriol elsewhere... I think you've out stayed your welcome !!

TRUTH !! Well said locked*n*loaded !
I don't like FC's posts but this is just uncalled for. "Yet you're still here" is incredibly rude. FC makes it very clear they'd love to go, but they just don't have a method they feel comfortable with. FC has not outstayed your welcome, but by being incredibly rude like this, I feel like you're walking the edge of getting a warning probably.

Like I said, I don't agree with this pro-death idea, I actually find it dangerous and problematic, but this just isn't the way to go about it.

• Love
Reactions: flower_g1rl, Freyja13, deafening and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
this response is directed at members who want to engage in discussions within this thread.

like others have echoed, it is OK to disagree with @FuneralCry . however, if you disagree, refrain from letting your frustrations grow and seep into your responses.

personally attacking a member and putting them down for having a different opinion is unacceptable. it results in flame wars and contributes to the derailment of the thread. it quickly kills the discussion and results in the thread being locked.

those who cannot separate their disagreement with another opinion and choose to release their frustration by personally attacking other members will be warned.

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13, Captive_Mind515, fwompie and 7 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I mean, we ban pro-lifers when we see them. I'm a bit confused but hey, maybe we have a different definition what it means to be a pro-lifer but I don't see them that often in this forum.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, FormerlyFe(IV), Freyja13 and 13 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I mean, we ban pro-lifers when we see them. I'm a bit confused but hey, maybe we have a different definition what it means to be a pro-lifer but I don't see them that often in this forum.
I think FuneralCry's definition of a pro-lifer is anyone who encourages people to get help while theres still hope or those who advise against impulsive suicide. She wants this place to be extremely against getting help, hope, etc. and thats what she considers someone pro-choice to be like when that is far from the truth, we encourage getting help as well as supporting those in whatever situation they're in, be in ctb or recovery.

Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, Boudika, bluebus and 12 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I so far agree with everything Funeral Cry has written. I think if people come here they have given up or made up their minds that they want to ctb. They can find get help messages every place else.
I don't want to see get help messages.
I admit a couple of times such as when people come here upset about a love breakup I want to try to talk them out of ending their lives just for that.

Reactions: trove1080p, conarc, Seered Doom and 1 other person
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
It's "funny" to see a promortalist get trolled and personally attacked for just publicly expressing her opinions, and just to vent. Even on this site it's the case.
It's funny that shit like this makes me know that I'm right to despise existence and want to ctb even more.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, locked*n*loaded, TheDog_ and 8 others
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
I don't agree with your definition of "pro-lifers". To my opinion a pro-lifer is somebody who wants to prevent dead whatever the costs are. So they basically forbid you to ctb or are against any form of abortion.
Personally I'm pro choice.
I think society should go to a situation where professionals help you recover and show you the alternatives of suicide, but they also should respect it when you choose to catch the bus and they SHOULDN'T forbid it. So I think showing people alternatives isn't a bad thing and can also improve the image of SS in the media.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, locked*n*loaded, Freyja13 and 6 others
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
One thing I don't understand, is people saying they want to die yet years later still sitting here saying it they are very much alive!
While I do agree with the rest being said, this is taking it too far. Many "long-term" members on here feel like a fraud for still being around and that really shouldn't be the case.
I understand that it might bring up doubts if someone constantly talks about wanting to die but never takes any actions but they absolutely don't have to do so no matter how long they have been here.

• Love
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, AvoidingMyself, Freyja13 and 5 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
It's a suicide discussion site and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Some people are here to look at methods and some are looking to see if there is hope to get through the bad times. I am under the impression there is a recovery section on here too so it's not a case of pro lifers. Some people have been here to look for methods but have now recovered and if they want to try and help people I can't see the problem!
One thing I don't understand, is people saying they want to die yet years later still sitting here saying it they are very much alive!
Caring for a semi invalid wife and an elderly dog, both dependent on me, and dealing with medical issues of my own, I can only assume that your lack of understanding of my desiring to ctb, yet not currently achieving it, simply reflects your lack of knowledge, or appreciation of, the circumstances in which many of us exist.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, AvoidingMyself, Freyja13 and 6 others
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
I can't really say much that hasn't been said already.
Spicy thread :p
I do think there is a difference between. People that are pro-lifers vs people that are confused or making sporadic unsafe choices. And of course pro choice.

I've commented saying hey there's a great recovery section. Ez.
But once I notice the same account posting
"it's not worth it" or " I want to ctb , but you get help" "I can save you"" just report it.
The mods do a great job cleaning it up fairly quickly. Same with trolls posting unsafe ridiculous methods.

I don't understand how seeing these post can seem so disgusting to you?
It's definitely annoying.
But seems a little over reactionary.
But that's what you do and that's fine.
I get a little heated at times.
You get extra in the feels at times.
Everyone's different.

Making these click bait posts to gain traction and start a discussion , it's a great tactic really. It brings out many opinions and voices.

But this is the reason why I usally never reply or post on anything that you post, maybe a like here and there.
You are in titled to your opinion and I'm glad you have a place to vent and express your self.
You are well versed, at times you sound more like a "emo poet" of sorts.
It's good people can connect with you.
To agree or disagree.

I've had multiple failures so I can understand the difference of someone being here for 1 month to a year etc.
But I also get the prolonged stay argument. It's a very sticky and complicated subject depending on the person and what they have going on.
Almost like saying you cry about being fat everyday but you never go for a walk. Type argument. - but remember this is still someone's life we are discussing. And no matter what it should be pro choice.
When , how , etc.

In conclusion seeing the same post
LIFE IS HORRIBLE, EXISTING IS SO DARK, WHY AM I HERE , etc etc.
I just don't entertain it.
Unfortunately with this post i just have.
INCEPTION

@FuneralCry no harsh intent ment here, keep posting , do your thing , and when the time comes good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Valky
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
While I do agree with the rest being said, this is taking it too far. Many "long-term" members on here feel like a fraud for still being around and that really shouldn't be the case.
I understand that it might bring up doubts if someone constantly talks about wanting to die but never takes any actions but they absolutely don't have to do so no matter how long they have been here.
Yeah, this is important. It's a forum largely for sufferers. The word "suffer" appears in the OP's posts probably more than "suicide"/"ctb"

I suppose theoretically, there's people here just ctb'ing for the sheer pleasure, or for interesting purposes. But they don't post much. Probably pathological cases

People who enjoy others dying, have other communities that offer more direct pleasure. Like joining certain militaries

• Informative
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, Valky and squirley
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
Yeah, this is important. It's a forum largely for sufferers. The word "suffer" appears in the OP's posts probably more than "suicide"/"ctb"

I suppose theoretically, there's people here just ctb'ing for the sheer pleasure, or for interesting purposes. But they don't post much. Probably pathological cases

People who enjoy others dying, have other communities that offer more direct pleasure. Like joining certain militaries
That's a good thread.

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yet I come across more and more pro-life comments on the suicide discussion by the day, things like "my life is worse than yours so there's hope for you, you're too young, only people 25+ should ctb (so basically everybody else should just suffer instead), please reconsider, you're just being too impulsive, you don't really want to die and just get help, get therapy".. etc.
I haven't ever seen someone say "my life is worse than yours" that's pretty invalidating, I don't know if anyone really said that exact thing but yes I agree if they did it was probably not the best way to support someone. The age thing that is a very sensitive issue and it probably always will be because society sees people in their late teens/early 20s as being more impulsive and impressionable. If older members were sticking around here for years talking to the younger ones about CTB and not ever saying "are you 100% sure about this, do you wanna talk about your problems on the site first, are you sure this isn't impulsive?" etc. it's just kind of morally a grey area for me even if they don't have bad intentions.

It's not such a big thing for people of similar ages, but if you are 30+ and you're talking to an 18 year old about the fact they wanna CTB and not supporting them in anything other than that ever, it could be seen as predatory. I'm not trying to be patronising here I'm just trying to explain the perspective some of us older members may have and why we might try and talk someone much younger out of it if they seem uncertain. It's not people being mean or gate-keeping suicide and I don't think you can compare it to the pro-lifers. I think reaching out to people is a good thing, people are free to ignore the invitation.

I agree with a lot of things you say-in theory no one asked to be here and is under no obligation to stay, I even have very similar views on life in general believe it or not. I think it's important the site doesn't become an echo chamber though, it's a very supportive place with a lot of caring empathetic people and some of us have a lot of loyalty towards it, but you just seem to like to complain a lot about it, whilst saying it's inevitable the site will be gone one day anyway. I think that's what causes a lot of arguments and people saying unkind things to you then others feeling like they have to jump to your defence all the time. I think it would be better if you told the mods about any pro-life comments instead of making a new thread to vent and talk about these comments that we might not all have seen (or might have been deleted already anyway) but I know venting is what you prefer so...

Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, locked*n*loaded, undecided and 1 other person
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
One of the signs, which shows that a cult has spread to everyone in the country, is
when the social customs in the country, are all about the cult.
Eg, in many countries, it's a social custom, to say "congratulations", when they
meet someone who is pregnant.
-- Ie, they're all part of the cult, (which believes that bringing baby into this world, is
a good thing).
This cult (of: having babies, getting jobs, having relationships, having friends, etc),
is so big, that it's "normal".
And what this means, is that the people who do not want to follow this life (of
prison/torture/slavery/rape), are seen as a threat/problem, because even if they don't say
anything against the cult, their normal everyday actions, will show that they're more free,
(and suffer less), and so this can:
1. Make people want to leave the cult.
2. Make the younger generation, not want to join the cult.
It's to be expected, that anyone who speaks out against this cult, is going to be seen as
problem. And even if you explain, that you're just trying to help free them, from the life of
prison/torture/slavery/rape that they're in, they'll probably just fight you, as though you're
the devil.
-- Such is the depth of the cult's brainwashing/programming. Never underestimate it. (Ever Deeper Honesty, n.d., p. 791)

Reactions: Arihman, SpiritualDeath, squirley and 2 others
trove1080p

trove1080p

Bread&Circuses til CTB
Sep 15, 2023
It's a suicide discussion site and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Some people are here to look at methods and some are looking to see if there is hope to get through the bad times. I am under the impression there is a recovery section on here too so it's not a case of pro lifers. Some people have been here to look for methods but have now recovered and if they want to try and help people I can't see the problem!

Because the Survival Instinct is horrifically brutal

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, AvoidingMyself, pole and 4 others
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
One of the signs, which shows that a cult has spread to everyone in the country, is
when the social customs in the country, are all about the cult.
Eg, in many countries, it's a social custom, to say "congratulations", when they
meet someone who is pregnant.
-- Ie, they're all part of the cult, (which believes that bringing baby into this world, is
a good thing).
It can be a bad thing if the people involved are not prepared mentally, physically, financially. And even there location on this big shit hole.
That's like saying dogs shouldn't have puppies.
This cult (of: having babies, getting jobs, having relationships, having friends, etc),
is so big, that it's "normal".
It's not a cult. Unless you mean life good or bad is just a giant cult ?
Unfortunately the strangle hold on the world is a brutal one. Forget relationships, friends anything social.
How are you living right now?
How do you have access to the internet?
Do you have a job?
Or are your parents slaving away to pay for everything for you?
Unfortunately money makes the world move. It's not a cult it's capitalism baby.
And what this means, is that the people who do not want to follow this life (of
prison/torture/slavery/rape),
Rape?Where does rape? Fit into this.
As for modern day slavery I agree.
Wage slavery is a real thing.
Bankster / mortgage slavery is a real thing.
It's unfortunate but there are certain things you can do to try and avoid this. Or work around it. Maybe not right away. But it is achievable.
I'm not sure what you mean by prison. Have you ever been ? I don't understand. Do you mean life is a prison ?
are seen as a threat/problem, because even if they don't say
anything against the cult, their normal everyday actions, will show that they're more free,
Some are seen as a threat or problem depending on the way they achieve their freedom.
Some people move into sucluded communities in which they live off the land and have minimal communication/technology.
With babies / animals / nature etc.
They are not seen as a threat or problem. Just ridiculed as being "different" or "weird" but the people living that way don't care.

The people that are a problem are the ones that take freedom to a radicalized ideology and hurt others to show that.
Just like how that schizophrenic / incel type article you posted. I agree with some statements and points that are made in it.
But a lot of it sounds like the author has brain washed themselves. Into a cult like mind set.
Unfortunately it's not allowing me to read all of it because it's becoming extremely laggy.
(and suffer less), and so this can:
1. Make people want to leave the cult.
And this is a choice anyone can make to live or not live the life style of thier choice. Or not at all.
Sometimes you need to step in the shit to get there or don't. I understand some things are forced and it sucks but sometimes you need to play the game and get out when you're able to.
Or just don't play the game.at all. Simple. Has nothing to do with rape. Sure maybe a tad of social norm brainwashing but it's 2023 people are thinking for themselves a lot more lately.
2. Make the younger generation, not want to join the cult.
You can't MAKE anyone do anything that would defeat the whole purpose of that article.
It's to be expected, that anyone who speaks out against this cult, is going to be seen as
problem.
People speak out all the time and live there lives a certain way. But if you speak out in a harmful way then of course you'll be spot lighted.
And even if you explain, that you're just trying to help free them, from the life of
prison/torture/slavery/rape that they're in, they'll probably just fight you, as though you're
the devil.
This all depends on the person that you're talking to are they 60 years old and don't give a fuck and grew up in a different time when the government had TOTAL strangle hold.
Or you talking to some 15-30 year old that's more aware of the current events and are able to voice their opinions.
The whole rape / torture thing you might want to look up the definitions of these.
I get the point " ooo your life is not that hard , man up , kind of thing " it's not brainwashing it's a fact. But we as humans have the choice to agree or disagree with that.
I'm choosing to be done , I'm choosing not to fight anymore. BUT I'm here using a phone sitting on a couch with access to running water.
I'm just done.
That being said how can you say that people in areas of the world with out running water and fucking worms in their stomach and no food. Don't have it harder ?
-- Such is the depth of the cult's brainwashing/programming. Never underestimate it. (Ever Deeper Honesty, n.d., p. 791)
This is a good read , I'm hoping it stops lagging soon.
But it's definitely written by someone that has good points on the world and certain world views and issues.
But at the same time is very in their own head. With their own views and agenda splashed in because of their own life experiences.
Some good points but sprinkled with falsehoods as well.

Theforeverblind

Theforeverblind

(She/He/They) The void will claim us all
May 4, 2023
I feel like pro-lifers don't understand that some people's lives aren't going to get better and by forcing them to live you are just as bad as the things that make them want to ctb if you choose ctb people should respect it I don't think theirs anyone who rushed into ctb its a hard choice that people spend along time thinking about before deciding it the best for them and SaSu is here to help people make the best choice for themselves and to minimize their suffering as much as possible before their gone

Reactions: squirley
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
The ever deeper honesty book says life is rape because it's non-consensual. Nobody consented to be born. They say it's prison because there is no guaranteed easy readily available way to leave life.
Ahhhhhhh ok ok. Thank you for explaining that portion of it.
Life is non-consensual.
Good point.
Not the actual act it self.

And right i agree its not easy to exit.
I'm going off of my memory of what the book says. but i agree . They explain all of that in 1000 pages. I agree with almost everything they say . imo it's actual reality not the constant glorification of life we see everywhere in the media, facebook, youtube , movies, TV , 1 billion websites , irl. only here some people say life is bad and in that book.
Gotcha. Makes sense.
Reality vs glorification
I guess because I've seen the positive and negative. The bullshit and the reality. And cruel reality. That the world inflicts as well as my own choices.
I'm trying to download it so it's not so laggy I really want to read it throughly.
I think life is bad too. It's the only thing that causes extreme pain , extreme suffering , and extreme torture. I don't think seeing a dumb youtube video, flowers, sunset or eating a sandwich as you said in another post is worth the worst torture imaginable that is possible as long as a sentient being remains alive.
I agree , a lot of it is .... I don't know.
" smoke and mirrors " I guess ? Would be the expression.
Hahah I couldn't think of anything but I was eating a beef patty sandwich and was thinking this is good. But I understand the...
"Tradeoff" is not comparable to the suffering.

But do you think that it's possible to have lived not in torture?
Or do you think it's all doomed from the start.
another thing they say is that assisted suicide is consensual and desired as a person in pain wants to leave their pain but that consensual act is illegal and looked upon as monstrous ( look at how Kenneth Law is in prison for supposedely assisting suicide , also some danish? guy? , and dr kevorkian. While a non-consensual act having kids is legal and glorified
Very well said. And I didn't know about kevorkian looking him up now. Good info.
And yah the KL thing is a huge mess. And very frustrating. I'm hoping he is able to release a statement. Explaining why.
Not just the media bullshit.
O it was just business or it was all a money grab. But at the same time I guess he can't because it would admit guilt.
Not sure where the case is at this point.
And correct I get your point bringing in life without choice consenual.
Choosing to exit. Not a choice but a crime.
Thanks for the reply ....

Reactions: Daxter_87 and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Ahhhhhhh ok ok. Thank you for explaining that portion of it.
Life is non-consensual.
Good point.
Not the actual act it self.

And right i agree its not easy to exit.

Gotcha. Makes sense.
Reality vs glorification
I guess because I've seen the positive and negative. The bullshit and the reality. And cruel reality. That the world inflicts as well as my own choices.
I'm trying to download it so it's not so laggy I really want to read it throughly.

I agree , a lot of it is .... I don't know.
" smoke and mirrors " I guess ? Would be the expression.
Hahah I couldn't think of anything but I was eating a beef patty sandwich and was thinking this is good. But I understand the...
"Tradeoff" is not comparable to the suffering.

But do you think that it's possible to have lived not in torture?
Or do you think it's all doomed from the start.

Very well said. And I didn't know about kevorkian looking him up now. Good info.
And yah the KL thing is a huge mess. And very frustrating. I'm hoping he is able to release a statement. Explaining why.
Not just the media bullshit.
O it was just business or it was all a money grab. But at the same time I guess he can't because it would admit guilt.
Not sure where the case is at this point.
And correct I get your point bringing in life without choice consenual.
Choosing to exit. Not a choice but a crime.
Thanks for the reply ....
Good that you are downloading the book Ever deeper honesty, it's free too , 1000 pages of imo truth and logic. It's really the top book to me . Liggotti's "The conspiracy against the human race" is also very good.

I deleted my post you replied to. I guess i thought nobody would agree or reply since it's so far down an old thread. but since you replied and for the most part agreed I'll put it back up. It further confirms my thinking is correct . I have had some people agree with my philosophy of avoiding extreme pain and how the "fun" stuff is not a comparable tradeoff to the worst torture imaginable.

My personal philosophy I came up with for me only is that to me life has no objective meaning or purpose. the only real things to me are extreme pain , extreme suffering and extreme torture . I guess it's a form of Nihilism because nothing matters to me except avoiding extreme pain , extreme suffering , or extreme torture.

The ever deeper honesty book says life is rape because it's non-consensual. Nobody consented to be born. They say it's prison because there is no guaranteed easy readily available way to leave life. I'm going off of my memory of what the book says. but i agree . They explain all of that in 1000 pages. I agree with almost everything they say . imo it's actual reality not the constant glorification of life we see everywhere in the media, facebook, youtube , movies, TV , 1 billion websites , irl. only here some people say life is bad and in that book.

I think life is bad too. It's the only thing that causes extreme pain , extreme suffering , and extreme torture. I don't think seeing a dumb youtube video, flowers, sunset or eating a sandwich as you said in another post is worth the worst torture imaginable that is possible as long as a sentient being remains alive.

another thing they say is that assisted suicide is consensual and desired as a person in pain wants to leave their pain but that consensual act is illegal and looked upon as monstrous ( look at how Kenneth Law is in prison for supposedely assisting suicide , also some danish? guy? , and dr kevorkian. While a non-consensual act having kids is legal and glorified

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Daxter_87, SexyIncél and squirley
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
They're lurking around here. Also, law enforcement, psychology students, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. For the record @FuneralCry probably considers me a "pro-lifer" because I've made comments about how brains don't fully develop until at least 25 years old, which is true. @FuneralCry would probably fill a toddler's bottle with Nembutal if the toddler told her that they wanted to die, or looked like they wanted to die. She believes all life needs to be extinguished from this earth, not just her own, and she'd be more than happy to extinguish all life if she had the means to do so.
oh no you got me. i am indeed a psychology student. however a lot and i mean A LOT of folks that study psychology are mad fucked up in the head (me included) and i need it to get away from this wack world and these very conservative pro life textbooks and studies (i like forming my own opinions about what is normal pathology and what is not in regards to the suicide phenomena).

Reactions: squirley
Ceterum

Ceterum

Aug 10, 2022
I think FuneralCry's definition of a pro-lifer is anyone who encourages people to get help while theres still hope or those who advise against impulsive suicide. She wants this place to be extremely against getting help, hope, etc. and thats what she considers someone pro-choice to be like when that is far from the truth, we encourage getting help as well as supporting those in whatever situation they're in, be in ctb or recovery.

I think in a way you've nailed it. I don't want to get involved into picking sides, but this forum to my understanding is pro choice.

It's not a death cult and not a pro-life religion. It values and respects your individual decision to live or to die. That's what I love this forum for - pro choice.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bluebus, locked*n*loaded, One day too late and 3 others
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
Good that you are downloading the book Ever deeper honesty, it's free too , 1000 pages of imo truth and logic. It's really the top book to me . Liggotti's "The conspiracy against the human race" is also very good.

I deleted my post you replied to. I guess i thought nobody would agree or reply since it's so far down an old thread. but since you replied and for the most part agreed I'll put it back up. It further confirms my thinking is correct . I have had some people agree with my philosophy of avoiding extreme pain and how the "fun" stuff is not a comparable tradeoff to the worst torture imaginable.

My personal philosophy I came up with for me only is that to me is that life has no objective meaning or purpose. the only real things to me are extreme pain , extreme suffering and extreme torture . I guess it's a form of Nihilism because nothing matters to me except avoiding extreme pain , extreme suffering , or extreme torture.

The ever deeper honesty book says life is rape because it's non-consensual. Nobody consented to be born. They say it's prison because there is no guaranteed easy readily available way to leave life. I'm going off of my memory of what the book says. but i agree . They explain all of that in 1000 pages. I agree with almost everything they say . imo it's actual reality not the constant glorification of life we see everywhere in the media, facebook, youtube , movies, TV , 1 billion websites , irl. only here some people say life is bad and in that book.

Glad you put it back up , it's helpful to people that are like me and are kind of ...
Oh fuck it , that's just the way life is.
It is what it is.
Deal with it or don't.
Type out look. Just being blunt.

So thanks for your reply and mentioning those 2 reads . I don't mean to pick people's posts apart I just like having a sort of understanding of how or why people get to there ideas , outlooks etc
and how I can compare it to were I'm at in my life and why I'm done.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's "funny" to see a promortalist get trolled and personally attacked for just publicly expressing her opinions, and just to vent. Even on this site it's the case.
It's funny that shit like this makes me know that I'm right to despise existence and want to ctb even more.

It's because these kinds of threads just stoke unnecessary polemic and drama. It's been a habit of hers for a long time now.

Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, Ceterum, bluebus and 2 others
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023

My personal philosophy I came up with for me only is that to me life has no objective meaning or purpose. the only real things to me are extreme pain , extreme suffering and extreme torture . I guess it's a form of Nihilism because nothing matters to me except avoiding extreme pain , extreme suffering , or extreme torture.

I apologise for the Yay! emoji; my phone is a piece of crap. Also, I really appreciate your reply and your explanation of this excerpt from Ever Deeper Honesty. I agree that it's a top-notch book; in fact, I like to call it the "Book of Wisdom". I would have taken the time to reply to this person myself, but my head is a mess at the moment and this thread is too crowded, which only adds to it. Thanks again.

Reactions: squirley and pthnrdnojvsc
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
SASU has become a playground of prolifers and trolls.

• Aww..
Reactions: SVEN
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
SASU has become a playground of prolifers and trolls.
It all depends on the definition of pro-lifer, as I said. If the term indicates anyone who doesn't view being happy, and not hating one's individual existence as some kind of sin, then yes, there might actually be many "pro-lifers" here, since this isn't a promortalist community, despite what people on the outside might think, and I believe that would be taking it too far, as there's nothing wrong about simply not hating the mere fact of being alive, or being happy.

But if it refers to people who spout the usual bullshit arguments against ctb, I don't think there are many of them, and if what RainAndSadness says is true, they get banned pretty quickly.

If the term refers to people who think the general condition of life on Earth is good, well, that's yet another different matter (though there is an overlap with anti-choicers), as I don't see any way one could possibly defend the idea that the life game itself is good. Not from a rational point of view, at least. What sentient beings are, at best and by virtue of existing, good for, is creating messes for no greater utility (i.e something like solving worse problems that already existed in the universe prior to life being created, for example), and then fixing part of those issues, while engaging in masturbatory self-congratulation for how good they are.

I mean, if I created a robot that did the same thing, I doubt any reasonable individual would say: "hey, that's a great robot, let's make more of them", that person would, in fact, likely call me crazy, or an idiot.

It's like extinguishing a fire you created because you like playing fireman or something, and/or you think you're doing some kind of favor to people by having them feel relief for the fire burning their house no longer being a threat to their safety, and then acting like you're some kind of hero for rescuing them after you caused the problem to exist in the first place. All the while also failing to extinguish the fire from all the houses you burned, and in fact often excusing your actions by viewing those burned houses as some kind of acceptable collateral damage for your fireman fun time, as after all, many (maybe most) of the houses are not burning. That's all the life game ultimately does, and it's insanely stupid, cruel, and absurd.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hmph!
Reactions: conarc, betternever2havbeen and SexyIncél
Ferret77

Ferret77

Jun 2, 2023
I hate when this happens. Pro-lifers only spread toxic "positivity," thinking they are actually helping somebody. They view people like me as a charity case, the only reason they do that, is to feel better about themselfs.
While I think, that you should think carefully about a permanent decision, once you decide, nobody should ever meddle into it.... It's my life, why can't I do what I want with it....Afterall, it should be solely up to me, if I choose to end it or not...

• Hugs
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), undecided, sadloner and 2 others
sadloner

sadloner

Jun 13, 2022
im on team funeralcry. death is objectively better than life. death, suffering is impossible. life, suffering is guaranteed. yeah, if you have a life, then you die, you wont be able to experience shit, but its not like youll care when youre dead. only true downside to death is hurting people who already cared about you, which alot of us here dont have people who care about us. lots of stupid comments in this thread but i will not be arguing, just dropping my 2 cents.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and trove1080p
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
im on team funeralcry. death is objectively better than life. death, suffering is impossible. life, suffering is guaranteed. yeah, if you have a life, then you die, you wont be able to experience shit, but its not like youll care when youre dead. only true downside to death is hurting people who already cared about you, which alot of us here dont have people who care about us. lots of stupid comments in this thread but i will not be arguing, just dropping my 2 cents.
Yes, "lots of stupid comments in this thread"... including yours !

• Hmph!
Reactions: trove1080p and conarc