maya.

maya.

life is pretty pointless
Apr 28, 2020
Using a pillow case is ok. If the padding is too thick, it can cause problems. Thin padding is a good idea. It allows the rope to compress the neck and slide around, without the rope on neck friction.

I'm very sorry that you feel things can't get better. Just please think long and hard before you actually do attempt. Sometimes you can regret attempting in your last few moments. It's best to have a clear mind when deciding to definitely go through with it.

Best wishes Maya.

Thanks, and I've thought about this for a long time. A couple months ago I was so desperate to ctb, I had no plan and no research. Now my mind's clear and I have the method, the lack of happiness in my life plus the depression, social anxiety and insecurities to ensure that I won't have any regrets.
There's nothing really holding me back now, I just need to perfect the method so I can move from life.

I guess I'll give it another shot now, honestly I'm slowly losing hope in this method but I'll keep trying seeing it's pretty much the only method I can really use.

• Aww..
Reactions: nervousandanxious
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Thanks, and I've thought about this for a long time. A couple months ago I was so desperate to ctb, I had no plan and no research. Now my mind's clear and I have the method, the lack of happiness in my life plus the depression, social anxiety and insecurities to ensure that I won't have any regrets.
There's nothing really holding me back now, I just need to perfect the method so I can move from life.

I guess I'll give it another shot now, honestly I'm slowly losing hope in this method but I'll keep trying seeing it's pretty much the only method I can really use.

I have lost hope in the method many times. Even now I struggle with it because of the suffocation thing(very few people have this issue). Even setting that aside, it is really difficult to do partial often times. You really just have to practice. Leaning hard and fast is what I have heard works best(best for me too).

You know yourself better than anyone else. If you know you want to ctb, you want to ctb. I just wanted to make sure. So many people rush into it. Emotions can cloud your judgement very easily. Have you opened up to family or friends? Being alone or feeling alone can contribute to suicidal thoughts.

I'm so very sympathetic to you. Are you trying again right now? If you do, I really hope everything goes in your favor. If you're found early, before your brain dies, you may become a vegetable(completely paralyzed). You'd be in more pain than you are in now, which I don't want.

maya.

maya.

life is pretty pointless
Apr 28, 2020
Well I've been trying for 2 hours. I've had some progress, but I can't seem to black out still. I've gotten the tingling/numb feeling multiple times but it's very difficult to not back out halfway through. I'm 100% sure I want to ctb, so I suppose it's the SI everyone's been having trouble with.
Maybe this isn't the method for me, having any type of physical pain/discomfort puts me off quite fast, though I don't have much of a choice so I'm going to have to keep trying till I eventually ctb

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: wantingtheend, FusRohDracarys, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
mylifefreakingsucks

mylifefreakingsucks

Oct 16, 2019
I know the answer is probably already somewhere in this forum but I was just wondering whether rope or electrical cables are more likely to achieve death.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Well I've been trying for 2 hours. I've had some progress, but I can't seem to black out still. I've gotten the tingling/numb feeling multiple times but it's very difficult to not back out halfway through. I'm 100% sure I want to ctb, so I suppose it's the SI everyone's been having trouble with.
Maybe this isn't the method for me, having any type of physical pain/discomfort puts me off quite fast, though I don't have much of a choice so I'm going to have to keep trying till I eventually ctb
Yes I have the same issue.

• Aww..
Reactions: maya.
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
From what I understand, it's impossible to occlude the carotid artery without blocking the jugular vein first. That being said, what exactly happens when you block these two vessels? After they are blocked, the heart still pumps blood to the brain via the vertebral arteries, which are protected from compression by an enclosed bone. Even though the amount of blood pumped to the brain through the vertebral arteries isn't enough to maintain consciousness, it still should be able to keep the brain alive, right? Furthermore, there should still be a collateral circulation through the circle of Willis. Long story short, why does the brain die then? I'd be very grateful if someone with a decent knowledge of human anatomy enlightened me with the details of death by full&partial suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Efilismislife
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
By the way, do we place the noose under or above the Adam's apple when doing partial? I'm confused because some say it's better to place it below the Adam's apple since the noose doesn't constrict the windpipe this way. How do we find the carotid artery then? I can feel the carotid artery when I place my fingers above the Adam's apple. I couldn't locate it under the Adam's apple.

maya.

maya.

life is pretty pointless
Apr 28, 2020
Stop doing this! Your parents would be in total shock if they knew you're doing this shit. When you "CTB" you need to consider how the people who love you will feel. You're hurting them the most when you end your life. That's been my biggest hesitation. Think of how this will affect the people you are close to!!

I couldn't care less, I'm not close with any of my family members or friends in real life. The only people I'm close to is my friends on the internet and they're going to leave sooner or later to get on with life anyway so what difference will it make.
By the way, do we place the noose under or above the Adam's apple when doing partial? I'm confused because some say it's better to place it below the Adam's apple since the noose doesn't constrict the windpipe this way. How do we find the carotid artery then? I can feel the carotid artery when I place my fingers above the Adam's apple. I couldn't locate it under the Adam's apple.

I've heard that guys like putting their noose below their Adam's apple because it feels more comfortable for them, seeing I'm a female I don't really have an Adam's apple so I find putting it above is fine for me. It all depends on your personal body preferences, so practicing to try and find the right spot is key.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: nervousandanxious and Boredsapiens
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
I've heard that guys like putting their noose below their Adam's apple because it feels more comfortable for them, seeing I'm a female I don't really have an Adam's apple so I find putting it above is fine for me. It all depends on your personal body preferences, so practicing to try and find the right spot is key.
I get it, but is it really possible to block the carotid when you put the noose below?

maya.

maya.

life is pretty pointless
Apr 28, 2020
I get it, but is it really possible to block the carotid when you put the noose below?

Well I've pretty much read the whole thread and I've seen multiple people talk about blacking out from putting it below the Adam's apple

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Well I've pretty much read the whole thread and I've seen multiple people talk about blacking out from putting it below the Adam's apple
Like you, I tried to copy that video of the woman leaning into that thing... I was using more of a belt than a rope so it kind of covered a lot of my neck.

nervousandanxious

nervousandanxious

Apr 29, 2020
Y
I couldn't care less, I'm not close with any of my family members or friends in real life. The only people I'm close to is my friends on the internet and they're going to leave sooner or later to get on with life anyway so what difference will it make.

I've heard that guys like putting their noose...
you need to carefully consider this whole thing before you do it. Your parents will be frightened when they discover the dead body! Think about this before taking such drastic measures :((

Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I want to pass out by applying carotid pressure but I only feel numbness and pain.

F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Has anyone had success with forcing themselves to pass out? Wanting to try it so I can prepare for partial hanging, but worried that I might ctb there and then by doing it wrong before I've prepared everything I need to.

Reactions: Painless_end
U

Unspoken

Jan 12, 2020
I want to pass out by applying carotid pressure but I only feel numbness and pain.
You most likely are not applying enough pressure to the carotid. Often it takes your whole body weight leaning into the rope/ligature to achieve this.
What thickness/length rope will I need to use? I'm 9/10st
Please research. The ropes will state their max weight on the packaging.

Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
Has anyone had success with forcing themselves to pass out? Wanting to try it so I can prepare for partial hanging, but worried that I might ctb there and then by doing it wrong before I've prepared everything I need to.
Same question
You most likely are not applying enough pressure to the carotid. Often it takes your whole body weight leaning into the rope/ligature to achieve this.

OP said it's possible to faint doing it with bare hands. Was just looking into that.

Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
Same question

OP said it's possible to faint doing it with bare hands. Was just looking into that.
Yes, it's possible but you have to close your hands firmly. You should strangle yourself.

C

Cw9x

May 1, 2020

Please research. The ropes will state their max weight on the packaging.

Thanks but I remember seeing somewhere in this thread about 20/30mm somthing about cutting in to your neck etc so assumed it was the same for everyone but will just choose any based on the weight it can hold then

Serinaxo

Serinaxo

Apr 21, 2020
248CB9F1 6FC4 4F50 A368 FFB8BB126E26
someone please help me would any of these 2 ropes be good?which type is best to get ?? Please
I'm around 63 kg / 140pounds

H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
i just got my setup ready, i got two holes drilled in the ceiling and a flexible extension cord that is about 1cm thick and it holds fine with the simplest slpknot.
I cut a clean sock and put the cord through that, which gives it some padding at the front but not at the back where it compresses the carotid. I kept the plug on the front end, cause it stops the slipknot from opening (not that that's needed, it really holds enough already). And i have it above the adams apple (i don.t even know how below it should work).
I just tested it and after three tries of strengthening it around my neck fast (i didn't put enough pressure the first tries) my view faded away from blurred to dark and then to light and i got some thrumming in my ears, but there was no pain at all and it actually felt somehow good, i released it and as the view and the hearing came back i realized how far i was actually gone and it took me about 30s to be able to walk straight.
It made me feel happy and glad. No "DON'T DO THAT" survival instinct, just peace. If i would have had any religious doubts, that experience would have wiped it away, its almost like a welcome at the other side.

When i do it, i will do it partial, i will strengthen it as much as possible while standing on my tiptoes and then kneel into it once i get that feeling again or maybe i will stay at a box, i think i will bother about those details when i do it. I got delayed mail to the local police set up (a script that i run on my notebook that then also shuts it down). I got the trash out and put my belongings into bags and the key is under the doormat. I will give the delayed mail 12h, idk how a corpse looks like after that time, but it can't be that bad.
The only thing that can go wrong now is that i trash around and a neighbor finds me or that the ceiling comes crashing down (with my luck that failure will happen, lol).
I think i will be able to pull that off as a good closure to my life.
I am happy, feeling good and i am totally confident in it now.

I am 30, about 170cm, 80kg and i am on an empty stomach if that matters. And no drugs.

Edit:
If i this account goes mute, then i did it, wish you guys all the best, see you on the other side!

Edit 2:
Aaand that panel of the cailing came crashing down. That was really really bad luck
I stepped on a couch table to tighten the cord, but when i did that i already passed out, which made me fall down from that table and the planned partial suspension turned into a jump into full suspension which that ceiling panel, that was perfectly fine with push-ups, didn't like. I woke up on the floor with it on top of me. But again i managed to pass out without pain and the experience itself was again pretty good.
But thanks to that panel being gone, i have now access to a metal beam above it that is for holding cables. Did push ups on it, it did hold well.
So the same game starts over and i make Edit #3 when that crashes too. Probably again with stepping-down from couch table, will see, i will jump onto it a few times to see if it holes.. its a small metal beam, it really should.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Trapped123, YukiFox, Boredsapiens and 1 other person
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
i just got my setup ready, i got two holes drilled in the ceiling and a flexible extension cord that is about 1cm thick and it holds fine with the simplest slpknot.
I cut a clean sock and put the cord through that, which gives it some padding at the front but not at the back where it compresses the carotid. I kept the plug on the front end, cause it stops the slipknot from opening (not that that's needed, it really holds enough already). And i have it above the adams apple (i don.t even know how below it should work).
I just tested it and after three tries of strengthening it around my neck fast (i didn't put enough pressure the first tries) my view faded away from blurred to dark and then to light and i got some thrumming in my ears, but there was no pain at all and it actually felt somehow good, i released it and as the view and the hearing came back i realized how far i was actually gone and it took me about 30s to be able to walk straight.
It made me feel happy and glad. No "DON'T DO THAT" survival instinct, just peace. If i would have had any religious doubts, that experience would have wiped it away, its almost like a welcome at the other side.

When i do it, i will do it partial, i will strengthen it as much as possible while standing on my tiptoes and then kneel into it once i get that feeling again or maybe i will stay at a box, i think i will bother about those details when i do it. I got delayed mail to the local police set up (a script that i run on my notebook that then also shuts it down). I got the trash out and put my belongings into bags and the key is under the doormat. I will give the delayed mail 12h, idk how a corpse looks like after that time, but it can't be that bad.
The only thing that can go wrong now is that i trash around and a neighbor finds me or that the ceiling comes crashing down (with my luck that failure will happen, lol).
I think i will be able to pull that off as a good closure to my life.
I am happy, feeling good and i am totally confident in it now.

I am 30, about 170cm, 80kg and i am on an empty stomach if that matters. And no drugs.

Edit:
If i this account goes mute, then i did it, wish you guys all the best, see you on the other side!

Edit 2:
Aaand that panel of the cailing came crashing down. That was really really bad luck
I stepped on a couch table to tighten the cord, but when i did that i already passed out, which made me fall down from that table and the planned partial suspension turned into a jump into full suspension which that ceiling panel, that was perfectly fine with push-ups, didn't like. I woke up on the floor with it on top of me. But again i managed to pass out without pain and the experience itself was again pretty good.
But thanks to that panel being gone, i have now access to a metal beam above it that is for holding cables. Did push ups on it, it did hold well.
So the same game starts over and i make Edit #3 when that crashes too. Probably again with stepping-down from couch table, will see, i will jump onto it a few times to see if it holes.. its a small metal beam, it really should.
Im looking forward to hearing from you.

Serinaxo

Serinaxo

Apr 21, 2020
Guys I think I messed up with the rope I ordered - it says Flexible???? Does that mean stretchy??? I know you're not supposed to use one that stretches can anyone give some advice if they know please ? It's coming tomorrow and I planned to ctb tomorrow night 6B3C9DB9 3E8B 468D A3DF 98BD0CB19C62

Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Guys I think I messed up with the rope I ordered - it says Flexible???? Does that mean stretchy??? I know you're not supposed to use one that stretches can anyone give some advice if they know please ? It's coming tomorrow and I planned to ctb tomorrow night View attachment 34077
I don't think flexible means stretchy in this case.

Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
69CB85E7 728E 40C6 BBD5 88CADFA23EE2 CA22EEB3 3209 4668 97A9 57C48BD03CB8

In these images, I have pinpointed the carotid arteries with yellow arrows. As can be seen from the images, it's nearly impossible to block the carotid arteries by putting the rope below the Adam's apple. How do then people locate and block the carotid below the Adam's apple?

Reactions: farid1711
Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
Dumb question and probably frequently repeated. But my brain is not working correctly : Is partial hanging painless ?

If not, is there a way to do it painlessly.

I have a sufficiently strong 1 metre length of cloth and a horizontal steel rod just a few cms above my height.

Can I painlessly hang from this rod in kneeling forward position. I tried and I felt extremely uncomfortable like I was choking but not passing out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rabitfever and Walilamdzi
Indigo0000

Indigo0000

Death is inevitable, life can be avoided.
May 8, 2020
Dumb question and probably frequently repeated. But my brain is not working correctly : Is partial hanging painless ?

If not, is there a way to do it painlessly.

I have a sufficiently strong 1 metre length of cloth and a horizontal steel rod just a few cms above my height.

Can I painlessly hang from this rod in kneeling forward position. I tried and I felt extremely uncomfortable like I was choking but not passing out.

Yeah it should be painless, i tried today, didnt succeed. I think i only blocked the arteries that let the blood out because like the other guy said, my head felt like it was going to explode. I cant seem to find my carotid arteries, its very annoying.
I just want to fucking die, but i cant do it, fuck. Its 2 am now, ill probably try again tommorow or sometime after.
Anybody got any advice on how to find the carotids or where to place the rope, like under or above the adams apple? Im really struggeling here

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655, Noisette, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
S

saddyke

Feb 29, 2020
can't believe I'm coming back to here again. I was doing better after I failed but.. I don't know anymore

Reactions: Noisette and Walilamdzi
I

Itseasy

May 8, 2020
I did partial yesterday, I used a scarf that is knotted to a laptop bag handle put it over top of my fire door and put it over my neck pulled it right and sat down about 3 inches off the ground I was it took me about 5 seconds it seems to black out, i have been trying all week and Just felt like my head was going to explode. Anyway I dreamt I was walking in the brightest greenest place care free, then I woke up sat on the floor (she scarf had stretch) gasping for air reaching out to pick myself up i forgot the scarf was around my neck still I got to my feet and tried to walk and got pulled backwards I undid the scarf and then started to have sweats and deep breathing. What I learned was you just have to relax when doing partial your body weight will make you black out no pain what so ever it's so fast, my mistake was been to close to the ground and that's why I'm still here.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Noisette, Partial-Elf and Walilamdzi