H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Quick Q:

If I do partial suspension by standing and leaning forward (like the woman in the ratchet video), what happens if I fall backwards when I pass out? The pressure will be taken from my neck so presumably I will then wake up? How likely is it I would fall backwards?
You'd fall and the rope will tighten because of your body weight.

toxicfox

toxicfox

Can’t run with foxes AND hunt with the wolves
Sep 30, 2019
Quick Q:

If I do partial suspension by standing and leaning forward (like the woman in the ratchet video), what happens if I fall backwards when I pass out? The pressure will be taken from my neck so presumably I will then wake up? How likely is it I would fall backwards?
Whatever happens after you pass out is going to be more effective than what you do when you're awake because you're unconscious self isn't going to care if your full weight is in it. Having the pressure come off your neck for 1 or 2 seconds isn't going to wake you up, but if anything your legs would buckle and your collapse more than anything. Once you get knocked out your weight is gonna drop like a sack of potatoes and you AINT waking up from that so long as the rope is good on both ends

S

scorchedearth

Oct 5, 2019
Can I test things by holding the material over the suspension point in place? I've been trying with a robe tie, and I've only really managed to get to fading vision a handful of times, and even then it came on very slowly. I've lost count how many times I've tried. I'm not sure if the material is too wide to tighten enough, or perhaps there isn''t enough pressure due to my holding it in place.

Castles

Castles

Oct 7, 2019
Long time lurker first time poster. Ive had two belts snap on me and one put me in a ward, not doing that again. Just lookin for quick advice on this setup. Ive pushed down with my hands amd it holds and im using a slipknot. I dont want to wake up in some hospital again.

Attachments

• 20191007_190727.jpg
    20191007_190727.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 311
T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
I'm gonna cbt soon with full suspension. I live in the countryside and have only 1 neighbour and I have a shed. In the shed I can perfectly place the rope on the ceiling log and do full suspension. I tried partial and it does not work properly

Reactions: Hotsackage
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
@everyone: Where exactly do you have to put the rope in the neck area? Above the adams apple or below?

Castles

Castles

Oct 7, 2019
I'm gonna cbt soon with full suspension. I live in the countryside and have only 1 neighbour and I have a shed. In the shed I can perfectly place the rope on the ceiling log and do full suspension. I tried partial and it does not work properly
My only problems at all with partial have been with the ligature. But to each his own, best of luck.

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Does it really matters to find the sweet spot? Because, the rope will move up, when we go unconscious..against the chin

Reactions: Vanrock3000
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Does it really matters to find the sweet spot? Because, the rope will move up, when we go unconscious..against the chin
Not really. In my experience, the main thing is to avoid hitting the trachea.

Reactions: Femmeboifailure
S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Not really. In my experience, the main thing is to avoid hitting the trachea.

Thats what the literature says, its a matter of preference, as long as trachea isnt compressed..people have died with ligature at the top, middle and bottom of the neck..

Have you been able to pass out, with different positions on the neck?

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Thats what the literature says, its a matter of preference, as long as trachea isnt compressed..people have died with ligature at the top, middle and bottom of the neck..

Have you been able to pass out, with different positions on the neck?
When I experimented, the position of the rope on the front of the neck didn't make much dfference to me. YMMV. I placed the knot on the trachea, but slightly under or over it worked. According to the literature, the position of the knot is usually the back of the head, but I found the front much better.

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Been running tests with this method for the past week or so. Hopefully I'll have the privacy to actually go through with it soon.

Reactions: Lady black
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Has anybody ever had the slip knot you're using around your neck just kind of come untied? I was testing and almost fell flat on my face. I'm assuming maybe my hair somehow got caught on the running end and pulled the knot out?

frees

frees

swoosh
Sep 6, 2019
Has anybody ever had the slip knot you're using around your neck just kind of come untied? I was testing and almost fell flat on my face. I'm assuming maybe my hair somehow got caught on the running end and pulled the knot out?
What kind of knot are you using? And what kind of rope?

Things to consider:
-with slippery and smooth synthetic ropes knots are more prone to come undone
-pull the knot tight
-allow at least one inch of the loose end sticking out of the knot
-choose a more appropriate knot
-knot tied wrong, it happens

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Hello,
I posted this as a new thread but was told to also post it here.
I tried to hang myself yesterday but it didn't work. I read the hanging thread but still don't know what went wrong. On the pictures you see my installation. The only tree I found was for partial hanging. The diameter of the rope is only 12 mm I think because I couldn't buy any one thicker at the store. But it is very strong.
I weight about 75 kg. I put the knot at the back of my head and the rope above my addams apple.
But I didn't black out. I tried to adjust the rope at different angles. I never passed out as people wrote here. The longest I could hold my breath was 15 seconds, but than I stopped because the rope was just chocking me and I was still conscious. Afterwards I have red marks from the rope so I think the pressure was enough.
I also have another rope (see in the pictures). It is thicker (16 or 18mm diameter I think), but the surface is very silky while the oder one is rougher).

Attachments

• IMG_20191018_114631.jpg
    IMG_20191018_114631.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20191018_114645.jpg
    IMG_20191018_114645.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20191018_114707.jpg
    IMG_20191018_114707.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Are you pushing your head forward or down? Don't ease into it, drop your weight quickly and down. I can black out in about 5 seconds.

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Blessed are the ignorant of survived hanging effects, for theirs is courage and the chance of success.

Reactions: justwannadie
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Are you pushing your head forward or down? Don't ease into it, drop your weight quickly and down. I can black out in about 5 seconds.
Is it supposed to hurt? I tried it today again and I couldn't bear the pain. Maybe because I have marks on my neck from 2 day ago.

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
No. It shouldn't hurt. Your ligature is probably too low on the neck and compressing your windpipe.

F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Well then I am definetly to stupid to kill myself :/.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
No. It shouldn't hurt. Your ligature is probably too low on the neck and compressing your windpipe.
Or not low enough! For me it was more comfortable below my Adam's Apple.
Is it supposed to hurt? I tried it today again and I couldn't bear the pain. Maybe because I have marks on my neck from 2 day ago.
Are you putting the knot in front. That was the key for me.

Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
Question,if I do a full suspension hanging,and I have no worries on time,eventually will I die? From just hanging there or can that be fucked up as well?

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Question,if I do a full suspension hanging,and I have no worries on time,eventually will I die? From just hanging there or can that be fucked up as well?
If you use the right equipment. You'll die, unless someone finds you quickly.

Last edited:
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
You'll die, unless someone finds you quickly.
Ok,THANK YOU,and thats a full suspension hanging,not a drop hanging,so that still holds true? (Sorry if I seem too inquisitive,i just wanna get it right)

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Yes full suspension, short drop. As long as the ligature holds and you are not found within 30mins you will die of either hypoxia or asphyxiation.

• Love
Reactions: Johanna94 and Eurus
maka

maka

this is for you, my little crow 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
Sorry to disrupt your conversation, but is it as simple as 1) Tie a noose 2) Either wedge the other end of the belt/bedsheet/robe string into a door or secure it around a handle 3)place the knot on the back of your neck in the center 4) It supposedly presses against your carotid arteries and you die? Also can you explain the 10 seconds? I don't know if it's because my body is shaped weird but for some reason I can't get my noose to stay in place. It slips up my neck to right under my jaw and though it's not painful, it's very uncomfortable.