okaoki

okaoki

last
Aug 4, 2018
good luck , i might add hanging to my list .

Reactions: Baskol1
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
I found where I'm going to do it. There's a basketball court near me in the woods. I did some practicing and if I throw the "anchoring end" right I can get it over the beams that connect the backboard to the main pole. I'll keep you guys updated.

Reactions: Baskol1
FighterOfTheNightman

FighterOfTheNightman

All Singing All Dancing Crap of the Earth
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah I fucked my life up pretty badly recently but I still got a car if I get it out of the impound, and I made some money, so I can figure how out to do this right. Probably in a hotel room bathroom hung over the door because I don't want anyone who cares about me to find me. Fucked up shit happens every day. I can die with the idea someone will find me. Maybe I'll leave them some money.

I am considering opening several balloons of nitrous in many punching bag balloons connected by hoses and valves from the hardware store.. assemble it at the hotel.. put a small hose with an exit bag under the noose, the hose going up into it.. along the side.. then I open the valve, bag fills with nitrous, I get all silly and euphoric, nitrous is exhaled as nitrous so it will make you pass out, then you'd be suspended and hang and probably convulse around a bit, but maybe the nitrous would inhibit the ability to kick around, hopefully.

I gotta get out of here. If I go through with it I'll probably post when I do from the hotel room and if people don't hear back from me they'll know it worked.. probably in a week or 2 here... maybe.. Ugh..

Reactions: okaoki and Baskol1
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
Update: Unfortunately, I have to postpone..... I found a spot more secluded than the basketball court to ctb at but I was struggling to hit the carotids during "tests" there (before sending out goodbyes). I had previously gotten it right using hooks on the back of my door, but it seems as though it's "anchor/rope factor specific"; I was only hitting jugulars at this spot. I have a pretty intense phobia of being outside when there's lighting and had known thunderstorms would be rolling through, but during my testing I began seeing the flashes of lightning and decided to cut it short. I'm tempted to try to find a spot in the basement despite both my parents being here now (My mom is visiting because she knows I have been suicidal). Theyre on the 2nd floor asleep so if I can find a spot down there it shouldn't be a problem. Worst case scenario I will try again tomorrow night.....

• Hugs
Reactions: okaoki, BPD_LE and Baskol1
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Ive been practicing partial hanging for a while. I learned to tie the knots correctly and everything but I cant seem to pass out no matter what I do. Even when I hyperventilate and Im close to passing out, my SI gets in the way and I stand up. So basically Im just dangling at the end of the rope, my limbs jerking, my tongue protruding from my mouth, and its bloody painful. I cant do anything right

• Hugs
Reactions: Femmeboifailure, BPD_LE and Baskol1
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
Another update..... My dad reported me for being suicidal and came home from work with police. I'm being fucking committed.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: thundersnail and BPD_LE
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
Sorry to hear that, really sucks speaking from experience

Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
9D5A4AE9 FA47 45C7 BF82 6B14223872CC
Pull up bar drilled into the wall plus static climbing rope. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Astral316
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
I wish that I could practice more than a couple times a night. I have work and I don't want any questions asked and it always takes a few goes to get it right

Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
I've tried almost 20 times and can't overcome my SI. I am so sore today I don't think I can try again. I hate survival instincts.
It still hurts so bad. I think it's because the height of my closet bar and bending over awkwardly.

X

xwxw11

Jul 7, 2019
I've tried almost 20 times and can't overcome my SI. I am so sore today I don't think I can try again. I hate survival instincts.
It still hurts so bad. I think it's because the height of my closet bar and bending over awkwardly.
SI is a huge problem for me aswell. Over the past 2 months I've had atleast 15 attempts where I've just pussied out after like 5-10 seconds of hanging and there's been times where I haven't even tried going through with it even after doing all the steps I seem necessary before I pass on. I honestly can only get off like 3 good tries at a time before I start doubting myself and gradually start hanging for less and less. I'm not sure if I even really want to ctb, at this point I feel like I'm only trying because I know my future is fucked and I'd end up trying to do it in the future anyways. I hope you'll get the encouragement for it whenever you're ready to move on.

Reactions: deadalready and Rheaz
V

ViViVi

Sep 13, 2019
Does anyone else experience intense mechanical fan-like sounds when trying this method? I've been experimenting with this method, trying different areas of my neck and any time I get dizzy the sound really overwhelms me. I'm also wondering how to get this method as painless as possible. When I put my full weight into it for the needed pressure, I feel like I am choking and the pain in my neck is pretty severe, even while feeling dizzy. When I sit down and hold the rope against my neck while looking down, Im able to get very light headed, and it does not feel as painful. But to get the pressure needed for this method, it just hurts like hell. Is anyone able to use their full body weight and pass out without the intense pain? Ive been lurking here trying to figure out what works best, but after trying several times in different ways, im not sure anymore, so any help is really, really appreciated

M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
Hey folks, just a quick heads-up and something you might wish to try if you have trouble.

Basically, I've been trying this method and the partial hanging, but never could reliably pass out with any of these. Sometimes vision would dim but I never managed to make it work with them.

I stumbled upon this video, about the dangers of hanging (yup...)

I tried it exaclty as the women does in the middle of the video: Ratchet around the neck (didn't even have to be careful where on the neck), and instead of trying to hang down, just lean forwards like she does, it has the side effect of being way less scary than hanging down. In less than 10 seconds my vision goes black. Tried it several times, that one works for me at least. I'll probably quit using that one.

Reactions: Gabby78, Hybrid, justwannadie and 3 others
Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
SI is a huge problem for me aswell. Over the past 2 months I've had atleast 15 attempts where I've just pussied out after like 5-10 seconds of hanging and there's been times where I haven't even tried going through with it even after doing all the steps I seem necessary before I pass on. I honestly can only get off like 3 good tries at a time before I start doubting myself and gradually start hanging for less and less. I'm not sure if I even really want to ctb, at this point I feel like I'm only trying because I know my future is fucked and I'd end up trying to do it in the future anyways. I hope you'll get the encouragement for it whenever you're ready to move on.
I'm the same way. I don't even want to try again because I know it won't work. I rarely get the pass out feeling without extreme pain and then a thought will pop in about my family crying and I just can't do it. My life is completely ruined so I know suicide is my only option. I wish you better luck. Maybe whiskey will help. I'm thinking of trying another method.
I'm starting to think my rope is too thick. It's polypropylene rope about 1/2 in diameter I think. I only got the pass out feeling without bad pain a couple times.

Last edited:
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
I think that Friday is looking like the day that I will CTB. It works out because my sister will be out of state so I can use the back door out of the house. Still need to look at where I want to do it but there is a biking path near me with a hiking trail that I was interested in. Assuming that practice goes well and there is a nice spot on the trail I should do it Friday evening like 12 or 2 in the morning, plenty of time for me to do the deed and not get interrupted. Probably will set an alarm on my phone so I will be found the next morning.

• Hugs
Reactions: Astral316 and okaoki
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
I wish that I had a better practice setup. Its hanging from my loft bed. I do want to ideally finish it in the forest but I can't really practice outdoors so for now I'm stuck. Probably need to tie a better supporting knot, see if that does anything.

Edit: Fixed it, lets see how it holds

Attachments

• rope.JPG
    rope.JPG
    694.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Reactions: Astral316
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I'm the same way. I don't even want to try again because I know it won't work. I rarely get the pass out feeling without extreme pain and then a thought will pop in about my family crying and I just can't do it. My life is completely ruined so I know suicide is my only option. I wish you better luck. Maybe whiskey will help. I'm thinking of trying another method.
I'm starting to think my rope is too thick. It's polypropylene rope about 1/2 in diameter I think. I only got the pass out feeling without bad pain a couple times.
Were you trying full or partial suspension?

Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
Were you trying full or partial suspension?
Partial and I just tried again and I got through the dizziness and nothing happens. I don't have enough room for full. I'm throwing the rope over the door and kneeling into it.

H

HawkeyePierce

Sep 9, 2018
Would an extension cord work? The dog leash i was planning on using got thrown away.

Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
Would an extension cord work? The dog leash i was planning on using got thrown away.

I don't think that would work. I don't have any experience with it but looking back through this thread some people have tried it and said for serious attempts that it probably won't hold your weight. Maybe the big orange ones but I wouldn't try it unless that's all you can get

H

HawkeyePierce

Sep 9, 2018
I don't think that would work. I don't have any experience with it but looking back through this thread some people have tried it and said for serious attempts that it probably won't hold your weight. Maybe the big orange ones but I wouldn't try it unless that's all you can get

Yeah, that's the case. Im going for a partial suspension, so maybe it will work. Im planning on doing a dry run this week.

Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
well, good luck with it, finding the sweet spot takes a bit. Also if the cord doesn't work out you can buy a decent rope on amazon for about $15

H

HawkeyePierce

Sep 9, 2018
I literally have no money. Finding a quarter is 100% increase in my funds. It's makeshift or nothing.

Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
That sucks, what type of cord is it? If its for a partial people have used scarfs and belts with success and those are probably thinner than whatever cord you are trying so see what practice runs do with it.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
So youre all sure that the wardrobe rod will hold my weight? I weigh abut 140 pounds (63-65kg).
I did the pull test, I even put my entire strenght into pulling, and it worked just fine.
But I was trying partial from doorknob with shoelaces and I managed to pass out but when convulsion started the noose tore from the knob. So that means my body exerts some crazy high pressure and Im not sure.
I originally wanted to hang myselfoff a bridge but they opened a huge beach and bar under it.

Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
No matter what I do my legs move when I'm trying partial. I don't have the guts to jump to full suspension because I am terrified of it suffocating me slowly. Is there any way you could take a bunch of Trazodone and Clonazapem and drink some whiskey while In the noose and possibly pass out or fall asleep. I feel like such a coward but my survival instincts just won't let me give up but every day all I do is obsess about it and hate my life because it is ruined beyond repair. Please someone help me. My life is torture and now I feel like a coward.