bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Gotta get on the night night method. Got all the tools.

Reactions: Hurt and TimeToBiteTheDust
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
The PERFECT thing for partial is a yoga belt

Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
Firecaste

Firecaste

Experienced
Jan 5, 2019
Can you hang yourself in a yoga Position?

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and therhydler
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
When people hang from trees, how on earth do they climb up to get in position etc? Thinking of full suspension in a cemetery that means a lot to me but can't imagine how I'll do it
I had wondered this and came to conclusion that a bag of 6 inch nails and hammer would make it pretty easy to climb any tree

DontFearTheReaper

DontFearTheReaper

Slowly losing my mind and very ill, help me..
Nov 5, 2018
How do people hang themselves with a belt? I stick the tail end in the doorframe and close the door, but if I put any amount of pressure on it, it slowly slides out. It's a normal leather belt, does a thicker one need to be used?

Also, how do people use a doorknob to hang themselves? I've never been able to understand this or picture it. Are doorknobs strong enough to reliably hold someone laying down?

And how do people hang themselves from a doorknob with a belt? That seems virtually impossible to me. How do you even get the tail end of a belt into a knot?

Am I just really stupid or something? I understand how standard partial suspension works, but anything involving doors, doorknobs or belts completely loses me.

And I also hear about people hanging themselves with neck ties - are these really strong enough to hold someone in partial?

With partial, what kind of knot should be used to tie the rope to the fixture?

Sorry for all the questions!
Its likely that they purposely dont describe working methods in celebrities on purpose.

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
I added more illustrations to show that this method has a good success rate and you shouldn't worry too much about fucking things up.
Why do u have to know where the carotids are? If the knots at back of neck don't u automatically construct them?

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and Valsalva
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
Hello, everyone

I am a new member to this forum (though I have been suicidal for many years), and i wanted to share some general impressions and realizations gleaned over the course of my life with respect to the method of hanging:

1) This is one method which is not advisable for everyone; for some people, hanging is either psychologically or anatomically untenable (e.g. for some unfortunate souls, the carotid arteries are too embedded in adipose, musculoskeletal or integumentary tissue to lend themselves to collapse via manual compression).

2) Hanging may be a relatively humane way to die, but it is rarely pain-free.

3) alcohol may reduce inhibitions (specifically the survival instincts), but it also increases the blood pressure, which may increase blood perfusion to the brain, thus postponing unconsciousness.

4) lying supine( on your back) might be comfortable, but it also increases perfusion of the brain. The more upright you can be, the more likely you are to lose consciousness.

5) Commitment is paramount! Once you have decided to ctb you must follow through to the end. This is NOT an attempt to recruit those who are "on the fence." If you are still contemplating suicide, then you are not ready. Might in fact be hope for you☺.

6) Do NOT slowly ease your way into the "noose." If you do, you will first occlude the jugular (and accessory) veins, which will cause emense pressure and discomfort whether or not you are then able to occlude the carotid arteries. Again, if (and only if) you are sure that you want to die at this time, you should lean inward quickly with as much pressure as you can bear.

7) hyperventalation is your friend ☺ The pathophysiology of this is quite complex, but basically, you should try to inhale and exhale rapidly, then hold your breath on the exhale.

8) Relax. People die all the time. You are one of the privileged, gifted with the ability to choose the place, time and manor of your passing.

• Love
Reactions: Orbitc, loopdaloop, looseye and 16 others
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hello, everyone

I am a new member to this forum (though I have been suicidal for many years), and i wanted to share some general impressions and realizations gleaned over the course of my life with respect to the method of hanging:

1) This is one method which is not advisable for everyone; for some people, hanging is either psychologically or anatomically untenable (e.g. for some unfortunate souls, the carotid arteries are too embedded in adipose, musculoskeletal or integumentary tissue to lend themselves to collapse via manual compression).

2) Hanging may be a relatively humane way to die, but it is rarely pain-free.

3) alcohol may reduce inhibitions (specifically the survival instincts), but it also increases the blood pressure, which may increase blood perfusion to the brain, thus postponing unconsciousness.

4) lying supine( on your back) might be comfortable, but it also increases perfusion of the brain. The more upright you can be, the more likely you are to lose consciousness.

5) Commitment is paramount! Once you have decided to ctb you must follow through to the end. This is NOT an attempt to recruit those who are "on the fence." If you are still contemplating suicide, then you are not ready. Might in fact be hope for you☺.

6) Do NOT slowly ease your way into the "noose." If you do, you will first occlude the jugular (and accessory) veins, which will cause emense pressure and discomfort whether or not you are then able to occlude the carotid arteries. Again, if (and only if) you are sure that you want to die at this time, you should lean inward quickly with as much pressure as you can bear.

7) hyperventalation is your friend ☺ The pathophysiology of this is quite complex, but basically, you should try to inhale and exhale rapidly, then hold your breath on the exhale.

8) Relax. People die all the time. You are one of the privileged, gifted with the ability to choose the place, time and manor of your passing.
Hi any advice on best sort of knot? And material to use. Thanks

Reactions: Hurt
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
Hi any advice on best sort of knot? And material to use. Thanks
Well, as others have mentioned on this thread, it should be something comfortable (in my case, I'll be using a yoga belt, made of mostly synthetic material). The one All Important factor which I failed to mention is that of placement: each person will find that his or her particular anatomy lends itself to a very specific set of circumstances. You should practice, practice, practice! Took me forever to figure out what worked for me. Now I've got it. Just waiting for the opportune time. Also, if it doesn't seem to be working for you, then STOP and reposition. Don't cause yourself unnecessary suffering, please.

Reactions: Hurt, Indigo0000 and goxua
Faulisdead

Faulisdead

Feb 9, 2019
Okay, so I know how to the slipknot tie, but what kind of knot do I use to secure my "rope" to my pole/fixture?

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust, deadalready and 1 other person
O

Oanlads

Feb 15, 2019
I've been trying in different positions (partial suspension) but can't seem to reach unconsciousness.
I managed to hit the arteries whilst standing up and leaning forward and my body went cold, sweaty and shaky but I was still remaining perfectly conscious.

I need to get it done ASAP but as I am not very depressed sad or anything, it's quite hard to push myself through a lot of physical pain and such.
Plus the back of my neck hurts badly from experimenting/attempting. (Not burn from the rope)

What position and such do you guys suggest doing? I intend to pass out within seconds and hopefully not go through physical pain or suffocation...

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Well, as others have mentioned on this thread, it should be something comfortable (in my case, I'll be using a yoga belt, made of mostly synthetic material). The one All Important factor which I failed to mention is that of placement: each person will find that his or her particular anatomy lends itself to a very specific set of circumstances. You should practice, practice, practice! Took me forever to figure out what worked for me. Now I've got it. Just waiting for the opportune time. Also, if it doesn't seem to be working for you, then STOP and reposition. Don't cause yourself unnecessary suffering, please.
Hi thanks for that any advice on best knot and anchor to use. More difficult than you think to find something! Thanks

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Hi thanks for that any advice on best knot and anchor to use. More difficult than you think to find something! Thanks
Slipknot is the best bang for your buck if you need a knot. I think wiki even has a picture showing how to make it. And anchor we don't know where your at in a house, room,basement,attic?

Reactions: Hurt
FaceOf

FaceOf

Exit is the same for everyone. No need to wait.
Feb 5, 2019
Will some benzos before partial help to pass out? I need to ctb asap

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
If you live near some woods a thick tree branch could make for a good anchor point. There's hundreds of trees plus it's secluded (depending on the location).

Reactions: c-n
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
Long drop over high bridge, in case hanging material snaps. If it holds then there's a good chance of decapitation. That would be gory though.

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
Will some benzos before partial help to pass out? I need to ctb asap
It would help mentally, but it's a bad indication because you wouldn't know whether it's the pills or a correct rope position knocking you out.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Femmeboifailure and thundersnail
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
Any recommendations for the knot that's attached to the anchor point?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
Im going with the so called snuggle hitch

Reactions: cutter18 and thundersnail
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
In any case, I would test the setup and knot by pulling up myself.

tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
I would use a clove hitch followed by a couple of half hitchs just to make sure the knot doesn't loosen

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, thundersnail and dysfunctional
Crazy I

Crazy I

Madman
Nov 28, 2018
I would like to ask if anybody tried to do partial? I tried it just a moment ago for a few seconds and it feels like blood rush into my head and then nothing happens. I thought you will feel lightheaded in a matter of seconds. what did i do wrong here? i use a white rope that i use when i was a boy scout and the knot i use is slipknot also the knot is in the back of my head.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Master Atsu and Ch92921
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
In
Slipknot is the best bang for your buck if you need a knot. I think wiki even has a picture showing how to make it. And anchor we don't know where your at in a house, room,basement,attic?
thanks. In a house, no secluded trees nearby. Trying to see if door handle and over door works. Possibly rail in wardrobe. Can't see much else. Thanks

F

F_ckthisplace

Feb 26, 2019
Should I use padding or not for full suspension? Not sure what the fuck to do

R

Redcity

Sep 24, 2018
Hi everyone. Ive read every single page of this amazing thread. Now id like to make a post.

Im planning my ctb for this upcoming tuesday march 5th. It will be in a hotel room (ill verify when housekeeping time is). My ligature is a 550l lb paracord. My beam is a pull up bar. My knot is a slipknot. I also plan on wrapping a thin pillowcase around my neck to reduce rope irritation and also a small piece of cardboard in between the knot and my skin.

Does anyone have an advice, suggestions, or objections? I am grateful for any feedback.

Reactions: Orbitc, goxua and Kikoo Loool
R

Redcity

Sep 24, 2018
Also id like to mention that from my experience, benzos + alcohol = gold. The state that this produces is literally night and day from being sober. Its such a great and euphoric feeling. Ive never cared less about suicide or dying in my life. Ive attempted suicide 3 times now and each time in this state ive been 100% ready for death. I highly recommend it if you have access.

Also i havent seen anyone mention music yet. I plan on listening to music when i ctb. I have a whole track list full of upbeat and positive songs. Its a celebration after all! No more suffering!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Orbitc, grace.michaels.2, Gabby78 and 10 others
E

essbet

Feb 7, 2019
Does anyone have an advice, suggestions, or objections? I am grateful for any feedback.

If you haven't practiced before, you might want to (with the obvious caveat that you might have enough "natural talent" to accidentally succeed, depending on your setup).

It's likely (going by posts on this forum) that your survival instinct will be stronger than you think, and it's very easy to stop yourself at the last moment, even if logically you are 100% determined.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Your Own Ghost, Redcity and 1 other person