• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Doctor Logan

Doctor Logan

Apr 26, 2024
anyone know how painful hanging is? I saw some post saying that it's only slightly painful for the first 3-4 minutes then you pretty much pass out. I'm not exactly looking at drop hanging where you jump off a high area. I'd prefer using SN but I can't really find an actual source. The only problem is that I've heard stories saying that's it's either really painful or slightly uncomfortable.

Also this is my first actual post so hello!

Reactions: fleetingnight, leavingthesoultrap, violethaze and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
First, welcome to SaSu. I hope you find the information you seek.

As far as how painful hanging is, I have no idea, personally, as I've never tried it (and lived to tell about the experience). I think that's what it would really take to let you know what hanging feels like - someone who took the method the entire way, yet who was unsuccessful using that method, anyway. Obviously, you can't get the information you seek from those who were successful, as dead men tell no tales. If I were to make an educated guess, I would think it might be fairly uncomfortable, having great difficulty breathing and having blood restricted to your brain. It's not my method, as I don't feel it's peaceful enough, and I'm a chicken shit like that in that I want a peaceful, limited pain kind of way out. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you something more definitive when they chime in.

Reactions: Nothing87, world is unfair, FrownyFace and 1 other person
Upvote 0
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Welcome to SS.

I can't speak for full suspension, but I can say from experience that partial isn't painful. Now, if you screw up like I did and live through it- there may be some lasting damage. You are essentially giving yourself a stroke.

Full- yeah, there will likely be some pain there. Things are going to get damaged.

Reactions: FrownyFace and malevolentdiety
Upvote 0
AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024
anyone know how painful hanging is? I saw some post saying that it's only slightly painful for the first 3-4 minutes then you pretty much pass out. I'm not exactly looking at drop hanging where you jump off a high area. I'd prefer using SN but I can't really find an actual source. The only problem is that I've heard stories saying that's it's either really painful or slightly uncomfortable.

Ahh, that's a good question. I'd say that it's "extremely uncomfortable" for around 10 seconds. Don't mess around with this method. You'll die, and quickly. Don't put a noose around your neck. Caution. No "practicing" anything. Again, you'll die.

Upvote 0
Doctor Logan

Doctor Logan

Apr 26, 2024
I don't think it's seems to bad from what I hear. It's probably going to be my way to CTB if I don't find another more peaceful method. I can handle the pain if it's only for a few minutes. Mostly worried about it failing, but I dont think the chances of that are high unless I'm doing partial hanging which I don't think I'm going to do.

Reactions: Unknown21
Upvote 0
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Watching videos and reading comments of those trying full and were rescued, they said it was not painful.
I have practiced and I agree. You only feel pressure if the noose is high on the neck. The rope should be as thick as your thumb to evenly distribute the pressure without digging into the skin.
A good slip knot lets it tighten and passing out is pretty fast. After that, you die if left along long enough.

Reactions: LJ85
Upvote 1
Kobusu

Kobusu

Writer
Oct 18, 2021
From experience: partial if done properly is relatively painless, but riskier in terms of consequences and survival chance. Full suspension, well who knows but the dead? And they don't tend to talk much.

Reactions: Nothing87, DeathKitty, Victim.Of.Life and 2 others
Upvote 0
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
If you do it correctly it's painless; you pass out within seconds in the case of partial, or break your neck in the case of drop. Full suspension opens you up to more pain, but acts as sort of a "fail safe" over partial and is easier than drop due to the lessened requirements of the ligature and anchor point.

If you do it incorrectly, the answer is it can be extremely painful, and leave you as a vegetable if it goes severely wrong/you get discovered too soon. With partial you can get out of it and try again, but with full/drop you're at the mercy of the ligature.

Reactions: dkrw, violethaze, .Ty56 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
O

onlyconsciousness

Apr 29, 2024
Watching videos and reading comments of those trying full and were rescued, they said it was not painful.
I have practiced and I agree. You only feel pressure if the noose is high on the neck. The rope should be as thick as your thumb to evenly distribute the pressure without digging into the skin.
A good slip knot lets it tighten and passing out is pretty fast. After that, you die if left along long enough.
some people here say that it's best to position the rope above the adams apple, near the jaw. you seem to say that the noose shouldn't be high on the neck? maybe you can explain what you think the best position of the rope on the neck is?

Upvote 0
O

onlyconsciousness

Apr 29, 2024
If you do it correctly it's painless; you pass out within seconds in the case of partial, or break your neck in the case of drop. Full suspension opens you up to more pain, but acts as sort of a "fail safe" over partial and is easier than drop due to the lessened requirements of the ligature and anchor point.

If you do it incorrectly, the answer is it can be extremely painful, and leave you as a vegetable if it goes severely wrong/you get discovered too soon. With partial you can get out of it and try again, but with full/drop you're at the mercy of the ligature.
what would doing it incorrectly mainly look like in your opinion? are there typical or common mistakes? i suppose youre talking about full suspension here.

Upvote 0
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
what would doing it incorrectly mainly look like in your opinion? are there typical or common mistakes? i suppose youre talking about full suspension here.
I'm talking about full, drop, and suspension.

With full, not having pressure on your carotids and only your trachea, or the anchor point/rope breaking when you begin thrashing.

With drop, not a far enough drop, causing you to crush your trachea but not your spine, or the ligature/anchor point breaking.

With partial, your jugular veins cut off and not your carotids, which causes a massive pressure buildup in your head, or the knot loosening when you begin thrashing.

With all of them, being found before it's too late to save you.

Upvote 0
O

onlyconsciousness

Apr 29, 2024
I'm talking about full, drop, and suspension.

With full, not having pressure on your carotids and only your trachea, or the anchor point/rope breaking when you begin thrashing.

With drop, not a far enough drop, causing you to crush your trachea but not your spine, or the ligature/anchor point breaking.

With partial, your jugular veins cut off and not your carotids, which causes a massive pressure buildup in your head, or the knot loosening when you begin thrashing.

With all of them, being found before it's too late to save you.
thanks. regarding full, how can one assure to hit the carotids and not the trachea? and if you hit the latter and not really the former with full, does that mean that you won't die? or what would happen? let's assume noone comes in and finds you in time.

Upvote 0
DarknessInMe

DarknessInMe

Jun 19, 2023
I can only talk for myself. I've tried full suspension hanging and was rescued. I cannot remember much as it seems like I passed out pretty quickly, but the minutes/seconds before were awful. My head felt like it was about to explode and I felt very uncomfortable. Enduring this is probably easier after having taken benzodiazepines, I don't really know.

Upvote 0
O

onlyconsciousness

Apr 29, 2024
I can only talk for myself. I've tried full suspension hanging and was rescued. I cannot remember much as it seems like I passed out pretty quickly, but the minutes/seconds before were awful. My head felt like it was about to explode and I felt very uncomfortable. Enduring this is probably easier after having taken benzodiazepines, I don't really know.
thanks for sharing. do you know how much time passed between your attempt and the moment you were rescued?

Upvote 0
M

malevolentdiety

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Welcome to SS.

I can't speak for full suspension, but I can say from experience that partial isn't painful. Now, if you screw up like I did and live through it- there may be some lasting damage. You are essentially giving yourself a stroke.

Full- yeah, there will likely be some pain there. Things are going to get damaged.
Partial I think the biggest challenge is SI that happens around the 8 or 9 second mark, that's what stopped me from success with it

Upvote 0
Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
It isn't exactly painful, you lose consciousness in less than 15 seconds, not only because of inability to breath but also because your body can't transmit blood with oxygen to your brain, however, in worst case scenario, put a air-proof bag on your head, and see how long you can last with that bag on your head, then consider being in that situation where you so desperate for air for like more 15 seconds, as for how people still move even after 1 minute, that's due to convulsions, they're not doing that consciously

Reactions: Don’tDoxMe and bio-paradox-nausea
Upvote 0
Eternal Sleep!

Eternal Sleep!

Stuck in mental prison, can't even enjoy nature!
May 13, 2023
Ahh, that's a good question. I'd say that it's "extremely uncomfortable" for around 10 seconds. Don't mess around with this method. You'll die, and quickly. Don't put a noose around your neck. Caution. No "practicing" anything. Again, you'll die.
You will die only if you do this the right way. I've red stories from other users saying they could not get unconscious or it takes to long. This is a method that needs lot of attention because if you do it wrong you might turn in a vegetable.

Reactions: Don’tDoxMe
Upvote 0
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
thanks. regarding full, how can one assure to hit the carotids and not the trachea? and if you hit the latter and not really the former with full, does that mean that you won't die? or what would happen? let's assume noone comes in and finds you in time.
It can be tough for some people to get their carotids closed; I know I struggled for a while, but that's with partial. Full suspension is not appealing to me. You would die if you crushed your trachea even without the carotids, but it'd be painful, and you would die because you can't breathe. With your carotids blood stops flowing to your brain, so it doesn't receive oxygen at all, and you pass out very quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight and Forveleth
Upvote 0
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024

As far as I'm aware, a full suspension with a knot type that tightens as weight is applied will constrict your carptid arteries (essentially a blood choke) and you'll lose consciousness within 10-20 seconds.

Reactions: LJ85 and Forveleth
Upvote 0
O

onlyconsciousness

Apr 29, 2024
It can be tough for some people to get their carotids closed; I know I struggled for a while, but that's with partial. Full suspension is not appealing to me. You would die if you crushed your trachea even without the carotids, but it'd be painful, and you would die because you can't breathe. With your carotids blood stops flowing to your brain, so it doesn't receive oxygen at all, and you pass out very quickly.
thanks for that.

Upvote 0
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
I just want to note that this is because you only compressed your jugular veins; meaning the blood was flowing in but not out. With a bit more pressure (and the right spot) that doesn't happen because you compress your carotid arteries, so the blood stops flowing in.

I will note that I have experience with partial, so there is room to "try again" if there's pressure in your head unlike with full. My attempts were unsuccessful because either A. My SI was too strong and I backed out, or B. Something happened and pressure was lost, but when done correctly it feels like nitrous oxide if you don't pass out before you can notice the feeling. A tingling sensation in your entire body, lips go numb, etc. One of the *extremely* "successfully unsuccessful" times I "came to" confused, and it took a few seconds to realize I had the noose around my neck. I must have passed out in seconds. The other time I was outside in the middle of typing a text to my dad. Couldn't even complete/send "I love you" before passing out according to my phone (I had slipped from my spot on a rock and the noose loosened. Sliced my knee in the process).

As others have said, it can take practice to get it right, but this is NOT something you practice if you are not prepared/ready to die should it happen. Like I said, if you get it right, it takes *seconds* to pass out; you won't even have time to realize it's happening. If you weren't ready, you better hope that noose loosens somehow.

Reactions: 54378
Upvote 0
L

LJ85

Future Airdancer
May 20, 2024
I second a lot of the comments above. Based on "practice", I can say that partial is pretty painless, but it was extremely unreliable for me. I never got it quite right. From what I understand, full suspension seems to have a higher success rate. With a slipknot that tightens with weight, I don't think there's a concern of somehow not closing off the carotids. In terms of comfort level, I would assume (haven't attempted) that full isn't as comfortable. For me, when the time comes I'll invest in a comfortable rope and probably combo it with benzos or perhaps something that makes me woozy before stepping off. While not painless, per se, I think I can handle the 10ish seconds of discomfort.

Upvote 0
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
As others have said, it can take practice to get it right, but this is NOT something you practice if you are not prepared/ready to die should it happen. Like I said, if you get it right, it takes *seconds*
God I hope so.
I plan to go via full suspension and I just hope the pain is only a few seconds until I pass out due to blood choke.

I've seen videos of people hanging via full suspension and they seem to lose consciousness just before the convulsions start at around 10-15 seconds.

Upvote 0
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Depends on the person I guess? I've heard from someone on here that tested out having their full body suspended for a moment and they just seriously injured and had to go to a hospital. They seemed under the impression it was avoidable. I think he was the user that used to go by @|Monday| but changed his username but I could be wrong. Just took a moment and he expressed a slight worry of doing it again while testing albeit not enough to not try again.

If someone knows Monday's current @ id appreciate it

I've also found that in partial that my jaw is in a sharp sort of pain, I get used to it after about 20 minutes of repeated testing though, and to be honest my jaw is underdevelopment anyways.

Probably safer to assume it'll hurt than not.

Upvote 0
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
If you want, I can provide you a full demonstration video of a classic partial hanging- that also explains the processes behind making this method work.
It isn't entirely pain nor discomfort free, but is extremely reliable and the pain is the most minimal you'll get without resorting to something like SN I reckon.

<3

Upvote 0
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
If you want, I can provide you a full demonstration video of a classic partial hanging- that also explains the processes behind making this method work.
It isn't entirely pain nor discomfort free, but is extremely reliable and the pain is the most minimal you'll get without resorting to something like SN I reckon.

<3
Would you mind PM the vid or post? Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

GlacialScythe

Mar 2, 2024
If you do it right, you should snap your neck and die near instantly, so not painful at all. If you fail, (from experience), it's like uncomfortable for 5-10 seconds then u just kinda pass out and die soonish after. It's really bad if u fail and are left for a while but are found before you die, as ur brain just becomes a potato. Would not suggest unless you get the fall right.

Upvote 0
Doctor Logan

Doctor Logan

Apr 26, 2024

<3
Could you also PM this to me?

Upvote 0
L

losi

Jan 22, 2024
@AkaRed can i be included too for the video? if not, i'm fine with words too.

Upvote 0
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Neck breaking is long drop. That would be difficult to do at home.
Stepping off a chair is easily attainable.
A ligature that tightens easily ensures you pass out quickly.
Gravity and time finishes the job.

Upvote 0