• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
Everyday, every minute all I can obsess over is suicide! I'm so tired of the thoughts and I can't tell my doctor because I'll end up off my good medication and thrown back on a 72 hr hold. I want to try to live but these thoughts are unbearable and living means it will get rough but I can see it becoming better. Any advice on how to start CTB and anyone that have had it did it work for you? The only rest I get mentally is when I sleep. Any advice?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nightmare_moon, moggedtodeath, Painfu.Ll.suffering and 5 others
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I think you would get more responses if you post this in the recovery forum <3

Reactions: jar-baby and Stormy Raine
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry that you have such tough times dealing with suicidal thoughts. What's ECT? Do you have an idea what's causing those thoughts? That would be the key to fight them when you can eliminate the trigger. I think suicidal thoughts never come out of nothing.

I wish you all the best and hope you can find a way to deal with your thoughts about CTB.

Reactions: Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
ECT is basically when they shock your brain in hopes of getting you back on track. Thank you for what you said, it makes sense that I find the core to why I keep having these thoughts. I'm very stressed with life right now and I think once this storm is over maybe that will help.

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos and Praestat_Mori
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I met two people during my psychiatric treatment who were helped by ECT. But I don't know how lasting the effect is.

front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I think ECT inhumane and universally banned

Reactions: Mateira and Stormy Raine
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
I think ECT inhumane and universally banned
ECT is done under anesthesia, humanely, from what I've seen. You are likely thinking of the infamous electroshock therapy that has been used for decades in "therapies" like ABA.

• Informative
Reactions: beelzebul, jar-baby, dialogos and 2 others
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Everyday, every minute all I can obsess over is suicide! I'm so tired of the thoughts and I can't tell my doctor because I'll end up off my good medication and thrown back on a 72 hr hold. I want to try to live but these thoughts are unbearable and living means it will get rough but I can see it becoming better. Any advice on how to start CTB and anyone that have had it did it work for you? The only rest I get mentally is when I sleep. Any advice?
Its gone beyond obsession and is a fixation. Fixation is so hard to control. If sleep and ect helps you then do that. Its extreme but modern ect is done with anaesthesia just like ctbookoflife said. Its often a last resort. I hope you'll get better

mushroommamma

mushroommamma

Oct 4, 2023
ECT is primarily used for individuals with actue bouts of severe depression. It is typically not a treatment used for daily issues, if that makes sense.

That said, it can be helpful but I would not glorify it or recommend it. Too many risks with memory loss and the complete interruption of your life during the treatment time is tolling. I hated it, would not recommend. Would say try ketamine, MDMA or psylocibin treatment options first.

• Informative
Reactions: Ashu and Oneness
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
I got ECT this summer when I was hospitalized in a psych ward. I took it 7 times. Honestly it didn't help me at all. And I still experience the memory loss as a side effect of ECT.

Reactions: Ashu, Stormy Raine and Mateira
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
I got ECT this summer when I was hospitalized in a psych ward. I took it 7 times. Honestly it didn't help me at all. And I still experience the memory loss as a side effect of ECT.
Thanks for sharing! I decided not to do therapy or ECT. I've eliminated people in my life who were causing disruption in my life and I'm happier than I've been in a long time, everyday is a struggle but it's easier to simply get out the bed, baby steps 🥰

Reactions: Reuthry
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
Thanks for sharing! I decided not to do therapy or ECT. I've eliminated people in my life who were causing disruption in my life and I'm happier than I've been in a long time, everyday is a struggle but it's easier to simply get out the bed, baby steps 🥰
Happy to hear you are doing better now. Good luck with everything in your life, I hope you feel even better than now.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
Happy to hear you are doing better now. Good luck with everything in your life, I hope you feel even better than now.
I still struggle but currently in a better place, thank you and same to you!

• Love
Reactions: Reuthry
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I had 12 rounds of ECT when I was 14 for severe depression that wasn't responding to treatment. I didn't have any negative side effects like memory loss or anything, though I think that has mostly to do with how young I was. It didn't help either though. It really did not touch anything. Many years on and I still have yet to find any effective treatment.

Reactions: Stormy Raine and Ashu
figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
I have had it, ages ago, but it didn't work for me.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I had 12 rounds of ECT when I was 14 for severe depression that wasn't responding to treatment. I didn't have any negative side effects like memory loss or anything, though I think that has mostly to do with how young I was. It didn't help either though. It really did not touch anything. Many years on and I still have yet to find any effective treatment.
That's curious. I was fourteen when I was locked up in the loony bin in Sudbury, Canada after my first suicide attempt, in 1984. I begged the psychiatrist, a typical reptile of his caste, to give me shock treatment, and he refused, saying that he would be charged with malpractice. Different times and places.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
That's curious. I was fourteen when I was locked up in the loony bin in Sudbury, Canada after my first suicide attempt, in 1984. I begged the psychiatrist, a typical reptile of his caste, to give me shock treatment, and he refused, saying that he would be charged with malpractice. Different times and places.
This was far from my first rodeo. Even at 14 I had already been hospitalized 2 other times, had one serious attempt under my belt and years of being suicidal. I became severely depressed at 9. I had been in this admission for 2.5 months before they decided to go ahead with shock therapy after several failed medication trials.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
This was far from my first rodeo. Even at 14 I had already been hospitalized 2 other times, had one serious attempt under my belt and years of being suicidal. I became severely depressed at 9. I had been in this admission for 2.5 months before they decided to go ahead with shock therapy after several failed medication trials.
What year was that? And the country - unless you would prefer not to say, which I totally understand.