throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
You know like the twin flame/soul mate thing people these days are talking about....
I wish I could confirm the existence of such but I can't.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Circles, GinaIsReady and 4 others
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
You know like the twin flame/soul mate thing people these days are talking about....
I wish I could confirm the existence of such but I can't.
I believe someone can love a multitude of people in different ways and depths. But a twin soul? I've never experienced it. I've experienced meaningful connections to various souls wandering this earth. Maybe that's it.

There's a lot of people on this planet. It's hard for me to imagine just one person.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Circles, GinaIsReady and 2 others
Nice

Nice

Jun 11, 2019
I still believe it

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, GinaIsReady and throwaway777
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I believe in twin flames and karmic partners.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and GinaIsReady
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
I believe it. But I'll never have it. And its all I want in life.
Knowing that I'll never have it, makes me okay with dying.
I'd rather just ctb than live a life without it.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, MourningHeart, ithappens and 7 others
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
sometimes i think maybe theres something pure that cant exist here, maybe theres a place after death where that somthing can be possible idk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Circles, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
"Directly after copulation the devil's laughter is heard"- Schopenhauer

I don't believe in love, just chemicals.

• Love
Reactions: NBreatheMe, Cold, Temporarilyabsurd and 8 others
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I'm not sure about a soulmate or a true love.

But I do think true love exists. At some point it also becomes a lot about loyalty. People will always be tempted by others and partners can get sick or some don't age well or whatever.

I think it's that mix of love and loyalty that has some people happy until the end.

Reactions: MourningHeart, Ruffian and Soul
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
Not for me. But others maybe If they look good enough.

Reactions: eSpJon, lululoo and throwaway123
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Look at a few married couples. I mean really look at them, not just the stupid lies they spew. They are all miserable, just more afraid of being alone than being miserable.
Love is just a joke people tell themselves to try to forget how alone they really are.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, cowbain, Circles and 3 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
If you truly love someone then it exists for you.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, NBreatheMe, Circles and 3 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Not for me. But others maybe If they look good enough.
No, not even them. Not trying to "force my beliefs on you", that's just my opinion. Primates are instinctively geared to try to raise their status by convincing others that they have something better than them. Pretty people pretending to have perfect relationships is just another false status symbol our society uses to manipulate each other and keep everybody chasing shit that doesn't exist. If you watch any couple long enough you can see how much they really hate each other.
"Directly after copulation the devil's laughter is heard"- Schopenhauer

I don't believe in love, just chemicals.
That quote just made me fall in "true love" with you lol.
Like all "true love", it will be fleeting.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, cowbain, Circles and 1 other person
D

dousavetheworld

我选择死亡 / Carpe diem
Apr 9, 2019
I think there is ture love but one should be lucky enough to meet the right person. A lot of people spent their whole life without finding the right person. It is statistically existed but I am not lucky enough to be one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MourningHeart, not_a_robot and mattwitt
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I think there is ture love but one should be lucky enough to meet the right person. A lot of people spent their whole life without finding the right person. It is statistically existed but I am not luckily enough to be one of them.
Gee, there are only 7 Billion people I have to meet and reject in my quest to find "the ONE."
I better get to work on that, it seems really time-consuming. ;)

Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and Circles
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yes but it's so rare because most people are unable to truly love someone. They lack this ability. Their brain is incapable of it. Coming across such a couple, you mentioned, would be like discovering the fountain of youth or the holy grail or a village of purple skinned dwarves. You could spend 500 years searching and might never find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, cowbain, Egddios and 2 others
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
It's lies fed to people so they don't ctb after seeing how meaningless it all is.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: MourningHeart, LastFlowers, Orin and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
It's lies fed to people so they don't ctb after seeing how meaningless it all is.
I don't think most people are capable of CTBing. I think they feed this lie to people to promote romance and marriage so a lot of people can make $$$. A lack of romance and marriage, would seriously hurt the economy. You can see it happening now. Oh and single people are more of a pain in the ass to control as slaves. It's much easier to control a husband, a father, a wife, a mother etc... How many men put up with horrible shit for their wives, children etc... But at the same time, I see a powerful force trying to destroy romance and marriage by pushing people towards debauchery instead. Strange... Seems like two factions at war.

Last edited:
Reactions: MourningHeart, ithappens, Egddios and 4 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Love is only as 'true' as you want it to be.

Yes, it is 'just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed', but that doesn't necessarily rob it of its weight.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, OreoWellington, MourningHeart and 2 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Too much love will kill you
If you can't make up your mind
Torn between the lover
And the love you leave behind
You're headed for disaster
'Cause you never read the signs
Too much love will kill you - every time

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Person and LastFlowers
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
What does true love even mean, in general when people use it what do they mean? I get what love is it's but what makes it true?

Reactions: LastFlowers
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I believe in attraction and having a partner with which you are content and have feelings for. Wether or not it lasts depends on alot of factors. It is doable to meet someone that you can connect with in such a manner that you both agree on spending your lives together. It's pretty much hardwired in our brains to seek a mate but not necesarilly for life.

True love/the one are terms i don't really like because to me they are rather fictional. You can get lucky and find someone good enough to stick with and abandon your hunt for other/better. Doesn't mean he/she is the so called ONE ... There's billions of people so yeah.

Reactions: Circles
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I don't think most people are capable of CTBing. I think they feed this lie to people to promote romance and marriage so a lot of people can make $$$. A lack of romance and marriage, would seriously hurt the economy. You can see it happening now. Oh and single people are more of a pain in the ass to control as slaves. It's much easier to control a husband, a father, a wife, a mother etc... But at the same time, I see a powerful force trying to destroy romance and marriage by pushing people towards debauchery instead. Strange... Seems like two factions at war.
I think with all the gender-bendy acceptance we've moved toward in the past 20 years, men and women should be more understanding and accepting of each other than ever, but they aren't. They hate each other more than ever. I think it's part of the same species-destroying propaganda network that created Facebook. FBs creators have admitted that the whole concept was intended to perpetuate every negative aspect of the human psyche. That same force is at work to spread feelings of hate and insecurity between men and women. It is bigger than Facebook.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I remember when my father told me, when he was in his early 50s, he was still searching for his soul mate. I was barely able to contain my laughter. He's a sociopath too. That's why I didn't laugh at him. Sociopaths can't stand that. They will hate you for life if you do that.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Egddios, Orin and 3 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
True love is something that existed a few decades ago before technology and "social " media

Reactions: lotus11
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
In order to get "true love", you need to remove the built-in instincts, sexual desire and the desire to gain something from someone. True love should not be selfish, it is disinterested (I mean not only money and things), it does not require anything from anyone.

It is necessary to exclude the possibility of sex - then it is something more than instincts. Platonic love between AI and human for example (such as those weirdos who married a hologram).

• Love
Reactions: cowbain, MourningHeart, Egddios and 2 others
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
All I ever want in life is love

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, MourningHeart, Egddios and 4 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I remember when my father told me, when he was in his early 50s, he was still searching for his soul mate. I was barely able to contain my laughter. He's a sociopath too. That's why I didn't laugh at him. Sociopaths can't stand that. They will hate you for life if you do that.
omg I've seen something worse. There is an advice column called Bel Mooney in the UK and the letters are from ppl over fifty and are all just these looooong litanies of every horrifying heartbreak and betrayal of their lives (my spouse of forty years told me he never loved me and married the dogwalker!), and they all end with "At 75, how can I finally find my one true soulmate who will love me for me? I am ready for true love!"
And of course it's terribly sad, but also infuriatingly funny to see people cling so desperately to delusions that have already caused them a life of pure misery, begging for more.
I read it for a cope, it's deeply satisfying to be reassured that love is something stupid that I needn't concern myself with.

Reactions: Severen
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
Not in the typical Disney sense of it, but I do believe 2 people can form a loving, functional team in order to make life more pleasurable\bearable. It does require compatibility of numerous factors, making it a rarity. Often we expect too much of one another. All relationships require work and effort. We can't simply fall in love and expect everything to be permanently peachy. Falling in love is the easy part, it's maintaining love that's an art form and a science. You also cant expect anyone else to genuinely love you if you dont genuinely love yourself. The problem with talking of love and all that, is that the confusion often boils down to semantics.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, LivingToLong and Soul
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
omg I've seen something worse. There is an advice column called Bel Mooney in the UK and the letters are from ppl over fifty and are all just these looooong litanies of every horrifying heartbreak and betrayal of their lives (my spouse of forty years told me he never loved me and married the dogwalker!), and they all end with "At 75, how can I finally find my one true soulmate who will love me for me? I am ready for true love!"
And of course it's terribly sad, but also infuriatingly funny to see people cling so desperately to delusions that have already caused them a life of pure misery, begging for more.
I read it for a cope, it's deeply satisfying to be reassured that love is something stupid that I needn't concern myself with.
I find it funny because they had so many years on this Earth to acquire knowledge...yet...they know so little... It's like, how the fuck are you in your 50s or 60s or 70s and still think like a 15 year old?

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, Alan James and not_a_robot