S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
I believe that there are twin flames but I'm so bitter over not having one myself, I literally feel my brain actively trying to cover the concept in crap, to dirty this idea for me. To make the world fair xD. The belief persists though.

But the stories (and as another topic the teachings and guides, the experts omg lol), I almost always see the narcissist-enabler dynamic in there, only a couple of times I saw or read smth that looked to me like a relationship that has an element of deep fusion.

To sum up my rant, I don't believe it is that spread, the tf thing, but I think it can happen.

Reactions: azucaramargo
MourningHeart

MourningHeart

Oct 26, 2019
I tend to believe in soulmates / twin flame.

Because i myself would say, have experienced a soulmate relationship. I really felt that from beginning and it is like magic, i was scared at first... Did not hear much about that before. I wouldnt believe anyone if i just heard that.

I did never experience a twinflame thou, i heard that first time here on SS and read 1 story about that. But i guess, if soulmates exist, twin flame stories may be real too.

It must be a comforting feeling to have such a bond to another person.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, sadgirl2002 and azucaramargo
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I would've said no before I met my husband. I do believe that he was my soulmate and I still don't know how I got so lucky that we found each other.
Of course the flipside of that is that once you find someone that you feel that connected to and then you lose them, it's the worst feeling you could ever experience. It feels like a part of you is missing. That's how I feel every day now without him— like there's a part of me missing that I can never get back, and it's very painful. And it doesn't matter that he died more than two years ago because I feel just the same today as I did right after he died. :aw:

• Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: OreoWellington, AlexM, Woodnote and 1 other person
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
True love exists but it's rare. In my opinion the majority of relationships are people using each other for emotional and physical pleasure. True love is something entirely different than that.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I do. My love story lasted more 13 years, even I've moved to her country. Maybe nothing could take forevers. However I believe.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, sadgirl2002 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Yes, I've had it. But eventually one side grows weaker then the other. The side that cares the least eventually gains the upper hand. The one who loves the most is willing to sacrifice the most. Life is a constant power struggle.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and OreoWellington
S

SuperSid

Sep 2, 2019
I believe twin souls / flames both do and don't not exist. Love is in the eye of the beholder so it CAN be different for everybody. It can be another person or something one finds themselves obsessed over / attached to. The luckiest people are happy with simple, small things like old gifts they found precious or fond happy memories of good times they can recount whenever they feel like it (more easily founded during childhood when everyone's carefree). Unfortunately there are a lot of selfish, elitist snobs out there who only care for their ego and they are ruining the planet but I diverge. Doing dumb things is really fun and can be even more fun having other people nearby to share them with as witnesses and loyal compadres. Love is a light / spark of inspiration and does perish and hurt people. My understanding is limited but to be safe one must be realistic and be prepared to accept it for what it is, otherwise avoid it. Unfortunately it is not attainable to everyone in this world and this is why it is also so tragic and terrible as well. I wish an end to those who suffer so they may defeat their afflictions. This is only a last resort...

Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and sadgirl2002
zherhk

zherhk

Student
Nov 25, 2019
This evening I saw a younger couple kissing and hugging because she was going to take the bus to go back home in minutes. Never had a girlfriend at all. I did smile and thought that if I had just less issues or change the impossible I could maybe happily settle for something like that and just be enough like everybody else that wasn't conditioned by something as soon as growing up.
Things get worse and you dream about times where weren't so bad and you could actually push a little bit instead of waiting.
Then reality did kick in as a reminder that it's better to not chase a fake promise of happiness, since every time I get slapped by reality, I always frontal crash no matter the topic.
Hope is just a true b*tch.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SuperSid
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
You can't believe in love.
Because beliefs are nonsense.
You can only be love now.
And that starts by just being able to be you now.
That is the state of love.
And then, in that state, it's possible that you might manifest an external reflection of that inner state, in the form of a partner.
But that partner might not stay forever, unless the two of you achieve a divine union, which might be possible.
If a concept such as "twin flame", etc, is real or true, then the reality of it will manifest, if it does, in the moment that it does.
And there won't be any need to think about it or believe in it.
Until that happens, then it's a concept that has no reality.
It's simple really, which is what the truth always is.....

• Love
Reactions: TearyEyedQueen, sadgirl2002 and SuperSid
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
And that starts by just being able to be you now.
That is the state of love.
And then, in that state, it's possible that you might manifest an external reflection of that inner state, in the form of a partner.

You are right, it is indeed possible. I will admit that I always believed in true love and I had spent my whole life hoping that somebody like me would come to me, even though it was an odd hope. Then, when things had become even more worse two years ago and I spent the whole of last year without any desire for that love, marriage and so on and my plan of suicide was the only thing on my mind... a week before my suicide date, he came to me.

• Love
Reactions: SuperSid
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I believe that us meat sacks select others with various things such as: looks, personality, intelligence and smell. If you ''fall in love'' with someone together at the same time or if it grows over the years good for you. I don't believe in love for me, no. I also do not think it is relevant for me how others are doing. If you're doing great I feel no resentment towards anyone but I am just ''a redditer who doesn't have balls to do it''.

TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I believe in true love just not for myself.

• Love
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
It definitely exists. 100% sure.

• Love