Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I believe in true love, but it's easy to mistake other things for it, and you have to know how to cultivate it. Some people learn how to do that at home, I guess, but I didn't.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MourningHeart, azucaramargo, 262653 and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I thought O believe in true love until my partner broke my heart in a horrible way.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: azucaramargo, Soul and not_a_robot
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
Yes I believe in soulmates or twin-flames and in true love

• Love
Reactions: MourningHeart and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
And the second example from the video game is between the augmented man and the enemy AI (which also existed only in the form of a hologram) created by the illuminati for manipulation. This AI was the enemy and was one of those who almost killed (provided technical support to mercenaries) Adam Jensen (this is the main character you are playing for).

But for some reason, Eliza decides to rebel against the Illuminati and the rest of the elite and helps Jensen. Although he knows that this will probably lead to the fact that she will be erased and rolled back to a more earlier version. This is illogical as the AI himself thinks and it is not clear why she does it: it makes sense as a kind of "Turing Test", it can be considered the first true AI because it is the first AI capable of such feelings.
I just got to the scene in Westworld where Felix meets Maeve and it's one of the most beautiful and intimate things I've ever seen, much more than stereotypical "love scenes". The way they immediately know each others' secrets so there is no point in lying, and the way he immediately confesses everything to her without trying to stall or dissuade or bullshit her. The nonsexual nudity and touching, the way he immediately accepts her as a person instead of an object.
I don't know what happens next but I think a lot of the humans will turn out to be simulants who don't know it. I'm only on episode 4 or 5.

I really want to believe that, even though I don't think anyone could ever truly love me. The thought that I might find my soulmate gives me some hope about the future, but usually it only feels like a lie that I'm telling myself
Be your own soulmate. Seriously. It feels so much better. Make your life an orgy of gluttonous self-love, with no guilt.
Smoking pot helps. For me anyway.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MourningHeart, azucaramargo and 262653
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I used to think that true love means unconditional one. At least I'm not capable of doing this to myself.
No matter what you do at the end if you want a real partner it take compromises and actions from both sides, all the time. The easy and romantic love in books and movies might be real for some short periods of time, if you let yourself fall into the illusion. At the end it's all a fiction, that most of us want to accept and believe in.

• Love
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
QUOTE="not_a_robot, post: 335200, member: 8151"]
I just got to the scene in Westworld where Felix meets Maeve and it's one of the most beautiful and intimate things I've ever seen, much more than stereotypical "love scenes". The way they immediately know each others' secrets so there is no point in lying, and the way he immediately confesses everything to her without trying to stall or dissuade or bullshit her. The nonsexual nudity and touching, the way he immediately accepts her as a person instead of an object.
I don't know what happens next but I think a lot of the humans will turn out to be simulants who don't know it. I'm only on episode 4 or 5.
[/QUOTE]
*Just to be pedantic, they're called hosts.

Westworld does have some... nonstandard views on interpersonal relationships (I'm trying to avoid spoilers here). I love how it manages to make the stereotypical seem authentic, especially later on.

• Love
mamiko9399

mamiko9399

Jun 14, 2019
Nope.
For me personally its like-everything have deeper sense.Its not just love and bam I want just love you.Nope...its always something else in background

T

The Hunter

Jun 4, 2019
You know like the twin flame/soul mate thing people these days are talking about....
I wish I could confirm the existence of such but I can't.
Yes I believe there is true love between a guy and a girl. But I have not yet experienced this experience, I only fell in love a few times, in a fleeting way. I truly love my dog, she is everything to me. I think is similar between people.

P

PBis

May 24, 2019
If you can imagine it, then it exists.

Reactions: 262653
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I'm at a loss. One side of mine says all love is vanity, the other says there are people out there who truly care. I'm inclined to say I almost believe in love but I can't really remember what it means anymore... Maybe I'm just being blue and bitter.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I think true love can exist, though that's only a theory since I've never had it due (primarily) to disabling social phobia. Of course, that's the same reason that I've never had a job in the last quarter century though in theory I do indeed believe that careers are a real thing that actually exist in an objective reality.

Reactions: azucaramargo and Scribble Fan

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
You know like the twin flame/soul mate thing people these days are talking about....

Twin flame/soulmate? I can't think of anyone but myself really. I care about myself - me too. I experience the same thoughts and feelings I do.
We share the same values, bodies, friends and foes. I mean, who is better fit for you other than yourself? Who deserves more of your love other than yourself?

Reactions: azucaramargo and throwaway123
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I can confirm that the twin soul concept exists. I've experienced it but only for a short period unfortunately. He's exactly like me it's unbelievable but he's scared of getting close so he left. I'm still hoping he comes back to me. I miss him so much. I felt so happy talking to him, I can still remember it.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo and MourningHeart
shaddix

shaddix

Jun 26, 2019
No, there is no soul mate for anyone. I think it's quite possible to love people, yourself and others, in fact I consider ctb an act of love for myself. I think there's a lot of parents that love their kids, people that love their siblings, and sometimes husbands and wives love each other.

Unfortunately it's nigh impossible to know whether or not the people in your life love you or if it's simply a calculated set of behaviors to allow them to extract resources from you, either financially, emotionally, or otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, not_a_robot and 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
...in fact I consider ctb an act of love for myself.

So much this... I don't know how to describe self-love in this context... maybe as a deep, affectionate concern for personal well-being, contentment and alleviation of suffering... wanting peace... I've never seen this stated much often even here compared to how much sense it makes to me.
Unfortunately it's nigh impossible to know whether or not the people in your life love you or if it's simply a calculated set of behaviors to allow them to extract resources from you, either financially, emotionally, or otherwise.

I think the most important is to love ourselves... because we directly benefit from our love. Its conditional but that condition is always met... It's not always met with interpersonal love.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: azucaramargo and not_a_robot
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
I believe in true love. The problem is I always fall in love for the wrong person and nowadays I think everyone is this person in potencial, nobody loves me... nobody ever will... and its all my fault because I am a fucked person.

• Aww..
Reactions: MourningHeart and azucaramargo
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I do believe in love and fell in love once (and he was in love with me too), however when it ended the heartbreak almost ruined me.
I can't do the notion of love anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OreoWellington, MourningHeart, azucaramargo and 2 others
P

Person

May 29, 2019
I can't say I believe in any after life/god/religion.
But when I was a young girl, 7-8? I had a dream that I met a friend. I called out to my friend by name, but he said 'no, that's not my name, my name is x. I'm your husband, I'm ginger and 3 years older than you. I'll see you soon'

Never thought much of it. People have crazy dreams right? But i never forgot it.

I remember the first night I met my husband. We'd chatted online and were now meeting face to face for the first time.
There he was.
Just this great big shock of ginger hair in the darkness. He was 25. I was 22.

'person?!' he shouted out to me, 'it's me! X!'
And I felt like I'd heard his voice before. When I saw him, it was like my soul was screaming 'there you are!! Finally!'
He hugged me, in the middle of the street. I'd lied to my friends about where I was. If I'd told them I was going to meet a man in the middle of the night off the Internet they'd have freaked.
I'm a petite person, but my husband was huge. Built like a brick shit house and 6'2.
This giant man, with a big ginger beard.
But I didn't feel frightened. I felt so safe when he came up to me that night.

A few weeks later we were in my flat. He was sat on my sofa, I was humming and cooking in the kitchen. He came out to me and he said 'person, I remember this. I remember you. We've done this before'

After he died, I went to see a medium. She told me X and I had always been together, and in one life, he was a viking and I was his queen.

He always used to call me Queen.

You could call it coincidence, chance, luck. I'm not saying I believe the medium. I don't know what I think.
But I know I died when he did. But my body keeps moving. So yes. I do believe in true love and I do believe in soul mates because I had to cremate mine.

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: azucaramargo, 262653, not_a_robot and 1 other person
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Yes. But most people get it wrong. It's a choice to respect and elevate someone, not some warm and fuzzy feeling within your own thoughts. Anyone can think things about another person/cat/whatever, acting on them to make that life better is true love.

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis, azucaramargo and shaddix
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
The way they immediately know each others' secrets so there is no point in lying, and the way he immediately confesses everything to her without trying to stall or dissuade or bullshit her.
This is nice.

Reactions: MourningHeart
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I like to believe in the soul mate but people once keep telling me one needs to have a soul in order to mate so honestly I don't know. I like the idea of it though and the mentality and reality I once believed that I had a soul mate not sure anymore though.

• Hugs
Reactions: azucaramargo
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
No. I used to but not anymore. Being used, abused, cheated on and disgarded changes a person.

• Aww..
Pumpkin

Pumpkin

Nov 15, 2019
yes, I do, and I wish I could enjoy it

Reactions: azucaramargo and LonelyLight
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Yes I believe in soul mates and true love. Now where to find one....

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo and noctiva
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes, but I also believe that it is rare. As far as "The One" Hollywood trope, no that's total bullshit.

R

ReadyToMeetMyMaker

Oct 30, 2019
I did at one time...now that I am getting a divorce...I don't believe in love.

• Aww..