Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Angst Filled Fuck Up

Votes: 20 17.4%

• Total voters
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I agree with you that there is a lack of perspective for some people, for example solely wanting to ctb over having a smaller penis size and having that one issue as the primary motivator also makes no sense to me either. Especially when there are many women who will openly admit it's not a deal-breaker for them. No offense to the guy in question, of course, but a thread title like that can come off as a non sequitur with no context.

However, I feel like those views are probably indicative of some deeper issue which is not always articulated, perhaps ongoing rejection or feelings or worthlessness that have persisted due to lack of success in the dating game or hateful comments from other people about his body and looks. Truthfully it's not something I can relate to even as someone who struggles with my own appearance and bodily dysphoria at times, because many cosmetic things can be alleviated with enough disposable income, and I'd consider looks maxxing way before jumping the gun to ctb. To me, it's a last resort.

Yet, men like that who can be impressionable to strong beliefs due spending a lot of time online are bombarded with content that reinforces harmful ideas that they won't ever have skin in the game when it comes to romance due to a factor like their dick size, which probably makes someone less receptive over time to hearing any sort of thought that's in conflict to that if that's all they're exposed to, but it's hard to say when we only know little pieces of info that others choose to share.

It's kind of similar to how I view the philosophers as you put them, there tends to be some sort of unspoken issue underlying the crux why they find death appealing and beautiful, since it's inherently a taboo point of view. As annoyed as I got with some of FC's posts at times, especially how she would speak down to others, I've known for awhile now that she used to be on a tinnitus form before SS and if I had to bet (though it's only speculation) the reason why she made similar, almost romanticising, odes to death ad nauseum is because of her long term medical conditions and autism. Will we ever know? Probably not, since she never really shared that personal side of her life in her posts, which is why it seems to come off as insincere or lacking in perspective in a lot of the content, all context is missing.

A person with a good life wouldn't feel so drawn towards death as a concept, I feel like. Unfortunately, many people don't really articulate why they believe these things, but I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt that if someone is espousing very pessimistic philosophy that they have to experience some sort of anger or pain to come to those views. Or have a propensity towards ruminating on some of the more depressing things in the world (I saw this often when I used to read antinatalism stuff, people would constantly post really doomer-y, often ragebait, articles about terrible accidents, wars, climate change, and whatnot to remind everyone that life sucked all the time, which was like pure poison to some people who needed to stay away from that to keep sane)

As I've gotten older (and crankier) there's a lot of things I don't really relate to either, but I just tend to stay away from posts I don't like these days, unless it's something I can contribute to. I still feel bad for people like FC even if I disagree with some of her more extreme views, and she might consider me a dumb pro-lifer at the end of the day.
I did use the "small penis" example but tbh l wasn't specifically referring to that, it's spread much wider imo - though two things that really stick out are one particular thread where one guy described inceldom as akin to paraplegia to much agreement, another being "I WANT CANCER" during a period where l was providing end of life care to a loved one who was dying of it before my eyes. These examples stick out because on each occasion it was me who was broadly considered to be lacking in empathy and bullying the suicidal as opposed to these people clearly not having the maturity to consider what they were spewing on here.

Reactions: Skathon, WhiteRabbit and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
^Couldn't agree more. And as a note, I do think the likes of "a small penis" and "lack of intimacy", are lesser reasons (unless they cause side trauma, like bullying derivated from them). One can indeed work on desire, control it, and have a fulfilling life without them. Instead, moaning about not being able to do such things, while doing absolutely nothing to move on from them, it's something I don't support. This is also different than loss or grief, which are inevitable.

People moves on all the time. Loneliness isn't trauma in itself, it's not something that impacts you permanently. People moves on from it, and can indeed be have a decent life without company, regardless the propaganda that's posted everyday about how wonderful relationships are, how they only seems to bring good things, and, more stupidly, how they are the only source of fulfillment in life. If there's something you can't get, the solution should be to look for another goal, not to obsess over something that's making you extremely unhappy, and no one talks enough about this side effects of excessive sociability. Just to clarify, I wouldn't forbid them the right to die, or tell them to get better, as life still has a lot to dislike, but having this as main reason to it's mostly suffering just for the hell of it.

As for @nembutal 's post, she doesn't seem to complain about venting people in general: she specifically talks about those who belittle those who offer help to them, often in impolite ways, and persons who indeed have what they want, but don't use them because self-destructive nihilism. It doesn't imply that rich people can't die nor that everyone should be grateful for their lifes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and derpyderpins
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I did use the "small penis" example but tbh l wasn't specifically referring to that, it's spread much wider imo - though two things that really stick out are one particular thread where one guy described inceldom as akin to paraplegia to much agreement, another being "I WANT CANCER" during a period where l was providing end of life care to a loved one who was dying of it before my eyes. These examples stick out because on each occasion it was me who was broadly considered to be lacking in empathy and bullying the suicidal as opposed to these people clearly not having the maturity to consider what they were spewing on here.
It's a shame, some people really don't know what they're wishing for or how their sentiment can effect others on the forum affected by those serious ailments.

It's completely understandable why you'd feel hurt by those sorts of posts, which ultimately come from a place of (albeit often unintentional) ignorance, and not understanding the weight of their words and the implications of them. And you have every right to feel bothered by those sorts of posts, or challenge the other person's perspective too, because it's an insane traumatic experience that's personally impacted your life being glamorized in a harmful way.

I feel sort of similarly every time I see a, "well physically ill people get treated better, I'd rather be physically ill post." Though I realize that the person saying that probably has not experienced any sort of long term physical health problems and has no idea that discrimination exists regardless, I feel like no one truly understands unless they go through it themselves so they see the grass as greener when it really isn't.

People wishing for terminal illnesses and thinking cancer will be a quick and easy death fundamentally don't understand how cancer operates at a biological level, the advancements in treatment that we have today, and the variety of different forms it comes in. They just associate cancer with how it's portrayed in movies and TV when that's not reality.

Some people have great success with brief treatment, while others have a long, drawn out prognosis that can be horrifically painful. Unfortunately a lot of people have a completely incorrect assumption in their minds that they would get a diagnosis, then be in hospice the next day with minimal suffering involved, when it's really not how it works at all as you and I both know. The misconception that people often drift off peacefully in their sleep with terminal illnesses is just flat out wrong. If it was true, then I wouldn't be having nightmares every other day because of what I had to hear and see.

When people get older and are more exposed to these topics, I feel like they will develop a bit more consideration about this. Before having a personal experience with this sort of thing and also becoming a bit more mellowed out, I always wished I would just get hit by a car or something and die quickly, out of desperation. Then I actually DID get hit by a car while driving and realized what a stupid and foolish thought that had been.

Fundamentally I think out of desperation in moments of weakness, people don't understand what they're wishing for or how it can come across as insensitive to someone who is personally affected by it and to be mindful of that. Hopefully reading things like what you've posted here though can be a bit of a wake up call for people who might not realize it.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit, Chinaski, Skathon and 1 other person
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
"How to CTB by paper cuts/shark/paracetamol?"
I just saw a post where someone is using laxatives to CTB, reminded me of this post/poll lol

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
It's a shame, some people really don't know what they're wishing for or how their sentiment can effect others on the forum affected by those serious ailments.

It's completely understandable why you'd feel hurt by those sorts of posts, which ultimately come from a place of (albeit often unintentional) ignorance, and not understanding the weight of their words and the implications of them. And you have every right to feel bothered by those sorts of posts, or challenge the other person's perspective too, because it's an insane traumatic experience that's personally impacted your life being glamorized in a harmful way.

I feel sort of similarly every time I see a, "well physically ill people get treated better, I'd rather be physically ill post." Though I realize that the person saying that probably has not experienced any sort of long term physical health problems and has no idea that discrimination exists regardless, I feel like no one truly understands unless they go through it themselves so they see the grass as greener when it really isn't.

People wishing for terminal illnesses and thinking cancer will be a quick and easy death fundamentally don't understand how cancer operates at a biological level, the advancements in treatment that we have today, and the variety of different forms it comes in. They just associate cancer with how it's portrayed in movies and TV when that's not reality.

Some people have great success with brief treatment, while others have a long, drawn out prognosis that can be horrifically painful. Unfortunately a lot of people have a completely incorrect assumption in their minds that they would get a diagnosis, then be in hospice the next day with minimal suffering involved, when it's really not how it works at all as you and I both know. The misconception that people often drift off peacefully in their sleep with terminal illnesses is just flat out wrong. If it was true, then I wouldn't be having nightmares every other day because of what I had to hear and see.

When people get older and are more exposed to these topics, I feel like they will develop a bit more consideration about this. Before having a personal experience with this sort of thing and also becoming a bit more mellowed out, I always wished I would just get hit by a car or something and die quickly, out of desperation. Then I actually DID get hit by a car while driving and realized what a stupid and foolish thought that had been.

Fundamentally I think out of desperation in moments of weakness, people don't understand what they're wishing for or how it can come across as insensitive to someone who is personally affected by it and to be mindful of that. Hopefully reading things like what you've posted here though can be a bit of a wake up call for people who might not realize it.
As someone who posts those types of things I hope everyone knows I don't mean to offend. I normally try to clarify that I know it is a twisted, wrong desire. I know it's bad to think that way, and part of it is wanting to see myself suffer. It's a recurring thought I've had when dealing with depression, though, so I do want to talk through it sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Users assuming every method is accessible to everyone. "Why isn't everyone just using a shotgun for instantaneous death?"or "Why isn't everyone just getting opioids from their dealers or the dark web and ctb high and peaceful?" "Wouldn't it be the best?"
Yeah, no shit Sherlock!

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, ijustwishtodie, Downdraft and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Poster: "[Category of People] suck/are losers/are bad/are the problem"

[Someone from Category]: (responds)

Poster: "Omg wtf they won't leave me alone!!"

• Yay!
Reactions: lamargue, Skathon, Tesha and 3 others
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
>Gonna check someone's profile
>"Oops! This member limits who can see their profile!"

Many such cases.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, jar-baby, LifeQuitter and 3 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I'm probably gonna offend some people with this one but users being offended easily or out of the blue and taking it personally. I know it's the nature of the site and our mostly common mentality but....

• Hmph!
Reactions: Skathon and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I'm probably gonna offend some people with this one but users being offended easily or out of the blue and taking it personally. I know it's the nature of the site and our mostly common mentality but....
Dude that's not cool you can't say things like that about me. God I'm so offended right now >:(

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, thebelljarrr and rozeske
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Normies? Mindless zombie wageslaves, unthinking cattle, a despicable grey mass of humanity and definitely not just people with problems of their own but are just about capable of masking enough to enable them to hold down a job and live apart from their parents as they stumble into middle age

Neurotypicals? Soulless, lack empathy, insensitively fail to take my personal difficulties into consideration at all times, should be devoting much more time understanding and adapting exclusively to me, a person on the internet who is unique and special

• Love
Reactions: affinity, LifeQuitter, Downdraft and 4 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Normies? Mindless zombie wageslaves, unthinking cattle, a despicable grey mass of humanity and definitely not just people with problems of their own but are just about capable of masking enough to enable them to hold down a job and live apart from their parents as they stumble into middle age

Neurotypicals? Soulless, lack empathy, insensitively fail to take my personal difficulties into consideration at all times, should be devoting much more time understanding and adapting exclusively to me, a person on the internet who is unique and special
Posted in a thread about "what's your favorite flavor of ice cream" or something similarly unrelated:

"Well thanks to normies there aren't enough available ice cream flavors because they're just slaves and the worst part is that they're too low of IQ dum dums to know that they're slaves. Not me, though. I know that ice cream stores are slavery. That's why they won't give me more ice cream, because they are just cogs in the big ice cream machine. I should get more ice cream."

"Wait. . . so what was your favorite flavor?"

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, WhiteRabbit and rozeske
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, derpyderpins and rozeske
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
"Work is hellish wageslavery and you'd have to be a braindead moron to work as it's awful and I profess this all the time."

"Completely unrelated but the people who pay all my bills and expenses are expressing dissatisfaction with the arrangement. They have gone so far to suggest that I, me, actually contribute in some way to the household expenses. I'm very confused because I've told them 'no I don't wanna!' yet they persist. It must be part of their brainwashing, or maybe a racial thing. Those are literally the only possibilities I'm able to fathom. It's completely confounding."

"They even started rolling their eyes when I sit there at dinner (after they've come home from working all day) and I tell them how cucked and dumb anyone who works is and how it would be better to die than work and how actually working is evil because you're supporting the capitalist machine. They don't even tell me how clever I am for reaching that deduction. Alas, I will never be able to understand normies' mysterious motives."

• Yay!
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, WhiteRabbit, Chinaski and 3 others