• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Would you prefer to be...

• An emotionally flattened person

• A highly sensitive person who feels mostly negative emotions

• Very unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Student
Dec 14, 2023
Trick question. I am both. I prefer the latter, contrary to popular opinion. I can't make art without it. Well, I can. But it doesn't mean anything.

Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I literally don't know what are you talking about?
Lol sorry my bad. I mistook you for this other guy who was banned for unknown reasons a few days before you joined. Maybe I thought you were an alt because upon joining you immediately commented on threads about specific users as if you'd been here for a long time. It's probably a crazy coincidence but you talk just like that guy, have the same 'out-there' views on a bunch of subjects, post French lyrics like he did, and interact largely with the same people he did.

Really really weird coincidences. I am convinced you aren't him because if you were ban evading you'd be smart enough to ignore the accusation rather than baiting me into giving my reasoning.

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and Alex Fermentopathy
Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
Lol sorry my bad. I mistook you for this other guy who was banned for unknown reasons a few days before you joined. Maybe I thought you were an alt because upon joining you immediately commented on threads about specific users as if you'd been here for a long time. It's probably a crazy coincidence but you talk just like that guy, have the same 'out-there' views on a bunch of subjects, post French lyrics like he did, and interact largely with the same people he did.

Really really weird coincidences. I am convinced you aren't him because if you were ban evading you'd be smart enough to ignore the accusation rather than baiting me into giving my reasoning.
Ok ok I spoke too much, you play the game, I play the game, just know that I will be back.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
is this like, not feel and harm others, vs feel and get harmed by others?

though, not feeling is something hard to conceptualize, because people who are cruel are feeling, they don't fool me with their trying to seem calm
No. If a person does not feel emotions (or has very little emotions) only towards others, but feels quite normal amount of emotions towards oneself, that is not an Emotional flattening or Emotional blunting. That is Egocentrism.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I'm the latter. It's hell.

Reactions: Heartaches
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I'm a very highly sensitive person. While it has its good things, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer being emotionally flattened; I feel my sensitivity has made me weak in many instances. People have taken advantage of me when I've cried or showed any strong emotion; they've made me feel ashamed, small, pathetic. I wasn't able to stand up for myself.

I feel our current societies reward being emotionally disconnected from yourself and others, from apathy and lack of care. It's really hard to be vulnerable when it is punished harshly, seen as undesirable, a nuisance.

As a trans person that has relationship with masculinity, there's also the fact that my sensitivity doesn't fit the standards of hegemonic masculinity, which (at least in western societies) is linked to emotional absence: not showing certain emotions; not having to do any work for yourself and others that isn't physical or intellectual; not being open about how you're doing. It feels like I'm never gonna fit anywhere and that my identity will always be questioned for not sticking to the standards.

My therapist once told me "you can't be a good person in a bad world". That's what I sorta think of it. I can't be a highly-sensitive person in an emotionally flattened world. Yet, here I am, for better or for worse.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: untothedepths and Saturn_