FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is something that I've never been able to understand as suicide is something that doesn't need to be justified, people should be able to leave this world in peace exactly when they wish to and I think existence itself is enough of a reason to make one want to die.

As after all existence is nothing more than a futile and meaningless loop of endless suffering, existence was just a harmful burden we were forced to endure, I don't get what's supposedly so valuable and beneficial about existence to the point that leaving on one's own terms needs to be justified.

And nobody should ever be judged for deciding to ctb, it's just wrong to do that, I cannot stand those pro-life people who only believe suicide is a valid option for those under certain circumstances who meet a certain suffering criteria as the reality is that wanting suicide is always valid.
After all none of us are obligated to continue existing here, supporting the right to cease existing is compassionate and the wish to find true relief from existence should always be respected.

Suicide could never be wrong as it isn't like one can be harmed by not existing anyway and it wouldn't make sense to see death as being something wrong as it's all we are intended for, it's the most normal thing.
Death will happen whether there is a reason behind it or not so it's literally absurd when people suggest that leaving on one's own terms needs to be justified. No matter what some people say everyone has a right to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, Alltheywanted, SunflowerBrains and 17 others
BBY

BBY

Done for.
Feb 18, 2023
I think people are so against it because if it's someone they consider dear they want them to stay around- which is extremely selfish imo. It disgusting that they'd rather watch someone continue to suffer than just let them leave.
Or maybe they are delusional and truly believe that things will get better for everybody at some point. Which is just wishful thinking.

Reactions: experimentee, Somethingiswaddling, Prime0 and 4 others
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I think suicide will never be accepted or respected! People simply cant understand why would someone go through such extreme measures to end their lives, but my point is that should tell you how much pain whether physical or mental pain they are in. Why do others care so much about suicide? All these pro-lifers need to find another cause because suicides WILl continue and there is nothing they can do to stop, or prevent it! People have the right to say I want to die, they have the right to kill themselves! I'll never understand them, but then again they will never understand me, us, their children who committed suicide, or their loved ones. The truth is everyone is impacted by suicide and if you haven't been, maybe someday they will understand. There are so many things messed up in the world and this fight is not theirs, they need to fight for the people who want to live, donate their organs and leave us alone!

Reactions: Somethingiswaddling and heavyeyes
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
You are very right, there is so such thing as an invalid reason for wanting to ctb. Anyone who assumes this to be wrong is ignorant and inconsiderate of people's problems. They think as if its not a debilitating illness, one should not have the privilege to ctb, because its supposedly not valid. I can't stand it when people think this way, because like you said, no one is obligated to stay alive in this world. If living is not enjoyable and only offers great suffering on a daily basis I feel as if death is the only solution, whether its serious or not. Everyone can handle things differently and this plays a huge role in this topic, something may be handled easily for some but for other's it'd ruin them. Everyone should have the right to die.

Reactions: vampire2002 and heavyeyes
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I'm also a big conspiracy theorist and I truly believe it's about money. Think of all the money these dr, pharmaceutical companies will miss if they legalize euthanasia? It's more profitable to have a patient see a therapist and take a ton of medication then simply allowing them to die in peace.

Reactions: vanillamilk, conarc and heavyeyes
Anna.

Anna.

Wishing I never existed
Aug 24, 2022
people are selfish and want us to stay even if it means we don't want to. It's selfish to try and get someone to stay when they clearly don't. Every reason to CTB is valid, idk why people see it as so wrong.

Reactions: heavyeyes
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
no one should be forced to stay here, free will is reason enough. we all have the right to make our own decisions

Reactions: vanillamilk
jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
I think a lot of people have a strong reaction to CTB because it is a permanent solution to what they view to be a temporary problem. But what they fail to understand that for many of us the problems that plague us into a desire to CTB are not temporary. However, I am sympathetic toward wanting loved ones to live. Imagining my life without some of the people I am closest to is heartbreaking, and their passing would hurt so much that I would likely harbor some resentment for them leaving me.

but ultimately, it is important to understand where people are coming from and have compassion for those whos lives have become so unbearable that they choose CTB. things do not get better for all of us.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This is something that I've never been able to understand as suicide is something that doesn't need to be justified, people should be able to leave this world in peace exactly when they wish to and I think existence itself is enough of a reason to make one want to die.

As after all existence is nothing more than a futile and meaningless loop of endless suffering, existence was just a harmful burden we were forced to endure, I don't get what's supposedly so valuable and beneficial about existence to the point that leaving on one's own terms needs to be justified.

And nobody should ever be judged for deciding to ctb, it's just wrong to do that, I cannot stand those pro-life people who only believe suicide is a valid option for those under certain circumstances who meet a certain suffering criteria as the reality is that wanting suicide is always valid.
After all none of us are obligated to continue existing here, supporting the right to cease existing is compassionate and the wish to find true relief from existence should always be respected.

Suicide could never be wrong as it isn't like one can be harmed by not existing anyway and it wouldn't make sense to see death as being something wrong as it's all we are intended for, it's the most normal thing.
Death will happen whether there is a reason behind it or not so it's literally absurd when people suggest that leaving on one's own terms needs to be justified. No matter what some people say everyone has a right to die.
I'm really just curious, and, of course, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but, hypothetically, if ALL life on earth was controlled by an on/off switch, and you were in control of the switch, would there be any hesitation by you to flip the switch over to the off position?

loren7864

loren7864

Aug 29, 2023
people tell me i have everything and i guess i feel guilty that im "wasting" it, its so annoying that ill probably be unhappy for the rest of my life because of something my so called friends say. what your saying makes so much sense and honestly makes me feel so much better. thanks

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
i'd be petty and put the burden of proof on them. what makes YOUR life worth living? because whatever it is, i sure don't have it...

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020

That is a great fucking question. Well stated!

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Simply I guess because some people value life and they are convinced that not to do so is mentally ill. Just as they couldn't convince you that there are beautiful things and that life can be worth living, you wouldn't be able to convince them otherwise. You think they're delusional and they likely think the same about you.

As to why they insist on having an explanation- I imagine it's because suicide can devastate families. They are thinking of themselves and- other people like them. They don't want to suffer although- they seem fine about the person who is suicidal suffering. Maybe because they don't believe their pain is real- or, at least that it's fixable.

There's the religious angle too. They may simply feel that suicide is morally wrong.

You're talking about people who's thinking is entirely different though. To them- it's an absolute last resort thing to do and they may not even be comfortable accepting it then. They may not even agree that our lives belong to us. They may feel they belong to God. They may feel we have a responsibility to other people to stay alive at all costs. With that attitude- of course they would oppose suicide. If they are willing to accept it at all- of course they would want justification.

Bottomline is- we don't understand them. They don't understand us. They are in the majority- they win.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Some say it's stupid that I want to end my life over my "inherent differences"(euphemism for the fact that I will never function as a normal member of society). They say I should instead accept my uniqueness but what if I don't want to be unique? What if I just want to lead a happy and simple existence not defined by constant pain and disappointment. I don't really care for false hope these days and have accepted my fate of dying by my own hands eventually

• Hugs
Reactions: SunflowerBrains
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
I personally think life is worth living if you don't have any serious problems plaguing you. Suicide is in my mind so often because I can't stand my circumstances.