• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I watched gore as teenager but it is a very stimgatized topic. I think I won't tell that fact. I am currently in a clinic and got the standard platitude "suicide forum bad" yada yada.

I think the consequences would not be that severe due to the fact it it was almost a decade ago I watched gore. But currently I read about torture to cope with my personal tortment. I read descriptions of how gore looks like or how torture is practiced recently because I feel like I live in a torture simulation.

One day per week there is a meeting of the whole team with each patient. I am curious what would have happened if I explicitly described the beheading I once watched (partly) as a teenager. Compared to some people on here my gore watching habits were rather mild. I think if I was fully honest they would instantly transfer me to a clinic for more severe cases. "We cannot help you here." Bitch they also cannot help me elsewhere. The staff in such clinics is probably just more used to suicides. (my theory) I think all the people would judge me for watching gore.

I told them I visit a suicide forum. But I am pretty sure I won't tell them about my gore habits as teenager. I considered it for a short second when they asked me about self-harm. But I think gore watching was for me self-harming of my soul.

I would be interested if anyone on here every talked with a therapist about gore? And what the reaction was. Volunteers first.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I told my therapist that I used to watch gore.

Months ago, I remember telling my therapist that I was afraid to be out on the street because I didn't want to be run over, kidnapped, or murdered. I had that fear mainly because when I was a teenager, I used to watch too many gore videos out of "curiosity."
It turns out that being exposed to a lot of gore content changed my perspective on life a bit, and I was afraid of being killed or run over because I didn't want to appear in a gore video and be degraded by user comments.

My therapist says I probably developed a type of PTSD, as according to her, when one watches gore videos, the brain doesn't know if it's a video or if the situation is being experienced in real time, so it gets stored in my mind as a memory.
She tells me that if those gore images or scenes appear in my head, I should try to alter the images and give them a positive context. For example, if I imagine a person with a gun in their hand, I should replace the gun with a glass of wine.

But well, I think telling your therapist if you watch gore depends on whether you enjoy it or not, and it also depends a lot on how a therapist takes it, because sometimes they help and sometimes they don't.

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
I did that shortly before or the day she told me that she doesn't feel comfortable to offer me therapy.

I didn't state any reason and the topic was about how bad the world is and how you get to see that more through the internet (social media, news about wars, etc.) and I don't even know how gore was brought into it.
The only response I got was "Why would you do that?"
It could be very different in your situation.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
I watched gore as teenager but it is a very stimgatized topic. I think I won't tell that fact. I am currently in a clinic and got the standard platitude "suicide forum bad" yada yada.

I think the consequences would not be that severe due to the fact it it was almost a decade ago I watched gore. But currently I read about torture to cope with my personal tortment. I read descriptions of how gore looks like or how torture is practiced recently because I feel like I live in a torture simulation.

One day per week there is a meeting of the whole team with each patient. I am curious what would have happened if I explicitly described the beheading I once watched (partly) as a teenager. Compared to some people on here my gore watching habits were rather mild. I think if I was fully honest they would instantly transfer me to a clinic for more severe cases. "We cannot help you here." Bitch they also cannot help me elsewhere. The staff in such clinics is probably just more used to suicides. (my theory) I think all the people would judge me for watching gore.

I told them I visit a suicide forum. But I am pretty sure I won't tell them about my gore habits as teenager. I considered it for a short second when they asked me about self-harm. But I think gore watching was for me self-harming of my soul.

I would be interested if anyone on here every talked with a therapist about gore? And what the reaction was. Volunteers first.
im curious too. ive never told my past therapists about gore and things ive seen on the internet or on online calls out of fear of either intervention or being invalidated. im curious to how informed mental health professionals are about the internet past panels about a trend being bad, or about some vagueness of the various forums out there whether it be here or proana ones for example. i think its important more mental health professionals have a more thourough and nuanced approach to the internet especially as theres a whole generation kind of ruined by it and/or have it be most of their reality. there is a term called "digital self harm", i personally dont understand the term fully or where to apply it, but i think it might be worth researching if youre up to it. from my understanding it means using digital means to harm oneself whether it be looking at content (such as gore), posting self loathing sentiment or even like puppeting accounts against yourself.

i wonder if theres people specifically trained for complex internet things? is that weird to say? i guess there is more to question on whats an evolution of analogue/irl behaviours and whats something born from the internet or is varied heavily from it.

It turns out that being exposed to a lot of gore content changed my perspective on life a bit, and I was afraid of being killed or run over because I didn't want to appear in a gore video and be degraded by user comments.
i feel the same :( im so scared of this i dont want to die just to be on some fuckwits instagram page or used to raid some randoms chat/server man and even though i used to watch gore, i feel really bad those people are basically dehumanised and its stressing when its a normal person just caught in a work accident or worse being murdered and people are banging on saying they deserve it, if it isnt bad enough their death has been made a public ordeal and well theres a human dying on your screen in front of you.