• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
I started doing ACT with my therapist (who i can only see once every 2 weeks ://)
I don't really know what to think yet.
Anyone here have experience with ACT? Did it help you in any way?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
i think this is something i do? i tried putting a name to things, but there was so many, i was working on like 5 different therapies 😵‍💫

i know that ive accepted that im going to be suicidal and prefer death until the day i die, however decided to choose my bf over myself and try living for him. its been working out fairly well for me so far.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
i think this is something i do? i tried putting a name to things, but there was so many, i was working on like 5 different therapies 😵‍💫

i know that ive accepted that im going to be suicidal and prefer death until the day i die, however decided to choose my bf over myself and try living for him. its been working out fairly well for me so far.
Great to read you have a BF. I could only wish to have a partner. Maybe that would give me back the will to live.

Do you remember anything about ACT therapy? Did it work?

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Wish I could help. My therapist only does CBT and I just haven't been able to latch onto it even though it seems helpful in theory and was for a bit. Also can only usually go 2 weeks which doesn't help.

Update us how it's going, and I'll ask my therapist about it later this week.. so thanks for mentioning it at least!

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I love ACT. CBT and DBT are so focused on alleviating the bad feelings but ACT actually does well at adding value to your life which is what I feel like want/need. Obviously take my endorsement with a big grain of salt considering I'm still here and actively attempting lol

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
Wish I could help. My therapist only does CBT and I just haven't been able to latch onto it even though it seems helpful in theory and was for a bit. Also can only usually go 2 weeks which doesn't help.

Update us how it's going, and I'll ask my therapist about it later this week.. so thanks for mentioning it at least!
I've been doing ACT solo on a digital course since I only get to see the therapist every other week. The other week I'm seeing another psychologist which I want to quit. I'd rather do ACT every week with someone but they just don't do that. I did CBT for a long time and changing ones thoughts is not quite the same as accepting an commitment.
I love ACT. CBT and DBT are so focused on alleviating the bad feelings but ACT actually does well at adding value to your life which is what I feel like want/need. Obviously take my endorsement with a big grain of salt considering I'm still here and actively attempting lol
ACT and mindfulness are of more value to me than CBT I think. I've been sick for almost 3 years and still I can't just accept how I feel. I desperately want the bad feelings to go away. In ACT I learned to see those feelings as a homeless person coming into your birthday party. You can kick him out but he'll keep coming back. You can keep trying to prevent him from coming in but that way you're not able to enjoy your party (your life). This thoughts triggers me in a good way. I hope I can learn to see my depression as the homeless person I have to live with for as long as necessary.
I just wish I could see that therapist more often goddamnit

sorry for broken english