Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Morrowind was so much better, skyrim is nothing more than a walkng simulatori
I didn't like how in Oblivion and Skyrim, most dungeons unexpectedly reveal a shortcut at the end of a dungeon, leading right to the entrance.
What I really liked about Morrowind (comparatively) is that for the most part you're free to walk wherever you please. You can even accidentally stumble upon the final boss. Also I don't think I've ever seen an open-world RPG with levitation feature.

Oh, and spell customization! Just lovely. I loved playing around with spell sequences. Like using levitation on yourself and float above the surface, then use short period levitation and fortify speed effects on an enemy, then the enemy flies to you, the effects end, the enemy falls down and takes a lot of damage. Or how you could chain two different magic weakness spells.

I don't understand how anyone could enjoy watching someone else play video games. That Twitch even exists much less is so popular is staggering to me.

Just said this on chat, checked What's New and this thread came up! Suitable.
I would watch a friend play KoTOR2, VTM:B, DA: O, Arcanum, and basically games rich in fun and/or thought-provoking dialogues. We would occasionally pause the game to discuss certain events, which will last for half an hour or so, and we end up talking about something unrelated to the original topic.

I made Skyrim better. Over 200 mods and 5k hours of game play :) it's kinda played out now I know every inch of it, but do for all elder scrolls games. Also, fuck the blades in Skyrim. I modded them into better ethics.
Have you tried Ultimate Skyrim? It's a modpack based on Skyrim Requiem. I don't know if you know, but Requiem is a major gameplay overhaul.
The main features: world is deleveled, artifacts are powerful, perks are everything, high level perks are significantly more powerful than low level ones, magic is so good, unique items handplaced throughout the world (Morrowind style).

The point of monogamy is to make sure that everyone can find a partner through life. The less strict monogamy is, the more we will have a capitalist-like "dating market" where the rich (good looking) gets richer and the poor gets nothing.

In fact, it is even worse because you can argue that the normal economic market is at least partially based on merit
Monogamy sound good for someone who has troubles finding a partner, but someone who has various options might prefer polygamy perhaps.
To me it sounds like a tug of war where on one side are people with severely limited to no options, and people with lots of options on the other side.

Reactions: cyanol and Ghost2211
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
'I don't trust the news' shouldn't mean you stop looking at the news it means you should understand more when you look at the news.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, ShornSoloists and 10 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Here is one: divorcing your partner when you have young children is child abuse. It's gonna leave them traumatized forever. I know.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, ShornSoloists and 10 others
jisatsuko

jisatsuko

自殺こさん
Jun 27, 2020
I disagree.
I think the genre is mired puerile/sadistic/(heads or tails?) crap (mostly)
It kills suspense/suspension. It's needs a more seemless blend between reality and the fantastical/phantasm(BOO!)ical.
=P
be there in your house in 5. prepare to have organs eaten. >:(
horrors are usually cliches which... imo, maybe, a tiny bit, gets tiring after the first 300 movies with the same exact plot and cast. it IS mostly crap tho, unless you get the actual good horror movies (i cant name some on the top of my head but if you want a psychological horror which makes your head feel hollow after watching it, a tale of two sisters (idk where's available, but it is), if you want amazing film and an interesting concept with gore, the platform (on netflix currently!) ) but those movies aren't scary, they're just a bit disturbing to society's standards. same with any other horror genre, like video games? etc, etc. lol sorry for the paragraph im just very passionate about this argument.
I disagree but I scare easily and I genuinely don't understand the appeal of willingly getting scared or entering a scary situation in any way.
organs eaten.
horror tbh isn't scary besides the uncreative jump-scares, loud noises, etc, etc. it's all about startling the watcher? viewer? person??? maybe a bit disturbing or it makes you think when you're in bed at night, but y'know. plus gore is kinda icky to anyone, it's not scary either per se, rather than it's just kinda gross to look at. and i don't understand the appeal either tbh haha, i just watch for the story because i hate romance in my shows.

Reactions: Deleted member 23374
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
horror tbh isn't scary besides the uncreative jump-scares, loud noises, etc, etc. it's all about startling the watcher? viewer? person??? maybe a bit disturbing or it makes you think when you're in bed at night, but y'know. plus gore is kinda icky to anyone, it's not scary either per se, rather than it's just kinda gross to look at. and i don't understand the appeal either tbh haha, i just watch for the story because i hate romance in my shows.
Jump scares are enough for me. Even when the thing isn't actually that scary, it puts me in an anxious state that takes a while to go away. If it's something actually scary then it can take weeks for me to get over it and stop feeling afraid. I spend a lot of time alone at night so just thinking about horror stuff is too terrible or me...

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: waived, puppy9, 262653 and 2 others
L

liluglibih

Jul 14, 2020
Here is one: divorcing your partner when you have young children is child abuse. It's gonna leave them traumatized forever. I know.
staying in a toxic relationship and having the kids witness it is better than a divorce?

• Love
Reactions: Hollowillow, cyanol, Pisceslilith and 12 others
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Rice > pasta

• Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Hollowillow, cyanol, looseye and 14 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
it's ok if you have no advice to give. it's ok if you can't find a good thing to say regarding a situation.

i understand that we feel the need to present an alternative path to people who are ready to ctb. but keep in mind that it's ok to give up. not everything has to have a solution. it's ok not wanting to fight anymore, even if you could.

lol I'm just saying what i wanted to hear. but whatever.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Antigonish, Mthom2, Pupu and 4 others
Romeo

Romeo

Sep 4, 2020
If you dance hip hop you are just cringe.

• Wow
Reactions: looseye, it's_all_a_game and not-2-b-the-answer
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Damaged women are far more toxic than damaged men. Furthermore, most damaged women are largely unaware that they're even damaged due to cultural coddling and float through life with a sense of self-righteousness. If the relationship fails it's his fault for being angry. It's his insecurities and his immaturity. Any emotional expression that even comes close to the most common emotion for a man to experience -- anger -- is quickly debunked and cast out as "abuse". As a man in a conventional, straight relationship, you are expected to be a stoic, impervious machine that is stable enough to have his finances in order, his emotions in check, his body in a state of relative fitness and enough time to have a hobby while humouring hers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, motyxia and 2 others
O

Okami

Student
Mar 16, 2018
Bacon, hamburgers, and pizza are disgusting, in my opinion.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider, not-2-b-the-answer, puppy9 and 3 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I voted no in the twitter thread because I don't think that I relate to this community in the ways being assumed or asked and because imo this community has a "varying" understanding of personal autonomy.

Reactions: Sensei and puppy9
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Ubuntu is hot garbage.

okay you know what, i'm not done yet
fix power management !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
screen blanking needs to be OFF BY DEFAULT
screw your philosophy and your little dog too ! :I
no one wants to go through menu after menu just to have to end up modifying a script instead
skip the bling
use the kernel build menu style and keep all settings in a one stop shop.
"but i don't wanna use the terminal wah" shut up and use the terminal
it'll do you some good
this should probably be a rant
but i can't stop pissing on myself
like palps in rise but less sparkly
sheesh

Last edited:
Reactions: waived
KickFive

KickFive

Eins. Zwei. Drei. Vier....
Nov 23, 2020
I do not support Black Lives Matter, would never claim to support it, absolutely abhor identity politics (and "intersectionality") and am often immediately turned off by people who do any of those things. This is especially true if they're professing their support with the expectation that I'm on board with them just because of my flawless cocoa radiant skin.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, Disappointered and 8 others
Iloveyouall

Iloveyouall

Mage
Feb 12, 2020
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were rivals at who would become the biggest piece of shit on earth.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, it's_all_a_game, Shadowrider and 6 others
D

Depressedandanxious

Aug 30, 2020
Hey thought it might be interesting to hear everyone's unpopular opinions.

I'll start:

I don't like anime or manga

pls don't hate me...haha
Fair enough anime and manga makes the worst kinds of people sometimes
Damaged women are far more toxic than damaged men. Furthermore, most damaged women are largely unaware that they're even damaged due to cultural coddling and float through life with a sense of self-righteousness. If the relationship fails it's his fault for being angry. It's his insecurities and his immaturity. Any emotional expression that even comes close to the most common emotion for a man to experience -- anger -- is quickly debunked and cast out as "abuse". As a man in a conventional, straight relationship, you are expected to be a stoic, impervious machine that is stable enough to have his finances in order, his emotions in check, his body in a state of relative fitness and enough time to have a hobby while humouring hers.
Definitely unpopular

Last edited:
Reactions: waived
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Bacon is overrated. It's good, but I don't understand why everyone talks about it like it's the holy grail of food.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: cyanol, ShornSoloists, lovelyheartz and 11 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I liked the Green Lantern movie :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh::hihi::hihi::hihi:
Seriously I have seen movies that did far better and I thought were not that great or worse. :wink:

Reactions: Hollowillow, GottaGo and Isadeth
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
2 + 2 = 5

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, Disappointered, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
reading the resources thread should be mandatory before being aloud to post any questions regarding methods.

yes. i know nobody reads the terms and conditions of any site. but still.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, lovelyheartz and 5 others
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I hate those motivational quotes people post on social media. Who came up with those?

• Love
Reactions: hellispink, cyanol, looseye and 15 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
reading the resources thread should be mandatory before being aloud to post any questions regarding methods.

yes. i know nobody reads the terms and conditions of any site. but still.

The nerd in me still looks at them occasionally. :wink: I don't want banned.

Reactions: cyanol and ecmnesia
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Procreation is immoral. Antinatalist gang rise up

Also brown sauce is disgusting especially on chips

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cyanol, Pisceslilith, ShornSoloists and 11 others
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I don't like (most) christmas music, just listen to normal music around christmas time

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, Antigonish and 3 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Very chewy candy is basically edible rubber and has no right to exist

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, VisionsOfHell, 262653 and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Marriage is the most expensive OnlyFans subscription.

• Yay!
Reactions: cyanol, looseye, ShornSoloists and 7 others
OneMoreStep

OneMoreStep

Dec 3, 2020
1. If you say "_____ music is dead" then you are just a lazy fan who doesn't put effort into finding artist who keep the sound you love alive. Trust me, it's there, but you might have to look beyond the billboard top 100 for it.

2. Rap has the most intriguing, thought provoking, enlightening LYRICS of any genre. It focuses on lyrics, it's not even fair. Between mainstream and underground artists, rappers create the best lyrics and utilize their language more so then any other genre.

3. People need to wake up and start BELIEVING some of the things they hear. I roll my eyes at people who jump right to conspiracy theories. Calling people sheep for believing professionals, when they believe crack pot statements from people with no credentials other then obsessively finding one sided information that only backs up their point of view. And the ones spreading them are never are the ones who think of it themselves. If you want to question something, draw your own conclusions, because you are just as much of a "sheep" for blindly buying into somebody else's view unquestioned.

Some people are so convinced that the world is out to get them and we are all just pawns in a bigger picture we will never see. Guess what, life isn't a movie or a book, sometimes things just happen for no reason. You can believe what you want, I won't spend one second trying to convince you otherwise even if I disagree. What pisses me off is when conspiracy people barge into the conversation and start flexing how much smarter they are then people who don't agree with them. You're the equivalent of door to door religious folk who go around feeling sorry for people who don't buy into their beliefs.

Reactions: cyanol, motyxia, ShornSoloists and 3 others
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I love raisins. They're good in pastries and meat dishes.

• Wow
Reactions: Sunset764, cyanol, DocNo and 3 others
MaThomp

MaThomp

Dec 1, 2020
dunno if it's unpopular or not but any soft drink beats any fizzy drink for me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol and MindFrog