• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Who here is currently or has had psychiatric treatment and what kind?

• Inpatient care

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Psychotherapy, Individual

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Medications

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Curious how many of you have been or currently are in "treatment".

I had an approximate 3 year course of "psychotherapy" (analysis) with two different therapists.

Reactions: PeakyBlinder
PeakyBlinder

PeakyBlinder

Sep 6, 2018
Curious how many of you have been or currently are in "treatment".

I had an approximate 3 year course of "psychotherapy" (analysis) with two different therapists.
How were these treatments and did it do you any good. Or any other effect?

T

Tiburcio

Individual therapy, second option.

Completely useless... I prefer not sharing my exoeriences by bow because they were really toxic and bad, and not supportive at all.

Reactions: Smilla
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Individual therapy, second option.

Completely useless... I prefer not sharing my exoeriences by bow because they were really toxic and bad, and not supportive at all.

Same here.

Also glad to see you back. We were all worried about you.

Reactions: Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

Same here.

Also glad to see you back. We were all worried about you.
It was more a venting post... The truth is I won't leave this place voluntary but due to my current situation I could be inactive and tortured for weeks.

Thank you for your words

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Before my first attempt, treatment with antidepressants and anxiolytics and then, therapy with several psychologists and more medication with psychiatrist.
In theory, I should continue with the medication, but I decided to leave it, except for some when I am at the limit.

Reactions: Smilla and Tiburcio
S

solacely

Apr 4, 2018
I've had all 3. Been inpatient 7 times, been in therapy for years with at least 5 different therapists, and been on just about every medication out there. All were completely useless.

Reactions: sunflowerfacingdown and Smilla
L

Livide Lamb

Apr 17, 2018
oh men, i've seen to many psychiatrist and psychotherapist all my fucking life. The first one I saw I was (if i recall properly) 6 years old. Pretty young and she didn't help me at all, really toxic and mean. The last one I saw (and still see) is a weekly appointment. Three years that i'm "working" with this person. It's getting exhausting. I'm not on meds currently (since i choose second and third answers) but was on meds one months ago. Didn't help a lot.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I chose all three. I've been hospitalized numerous times. I've had psychiatrists and psychologists and I've been on meds since 2001. For me, none of it seems to help.

sunflowerfacingdown

sunflowerfacingdown

Jul 28, 2018
Tried various antidepressants, nothing helped. My body is really sensitive to meds and I seem to have weird/bad reactions and side effects to almost all the medications (of all kinds) I've been given throughout my life so maybe if I could've stayed on the antidepressants longer, or been willing to try other meds, they might've been helpful but who knows. Therapists (imo)=waste of time. I was inpatient twice but that was also a waste of time and a horrible experience, as all they did was basically babysit me and feed me Ativan and make me go to art therapy group and then send me home. Also my last psych doc kept prescribing me Ativan even though I started telling him 6 mos after I'd been taking it regularly that I didn't want to continue taking it and I knew I shouldn't even BE on that drug that long...but he kept brushing me off until the next appointment to 'discuss it' AND he kept upping the dosage (which I didn't take as much as he was prescribing). I'm still stuck at 1 mg twice a day though and it doesn't help relieve any anxiety symptoms and I'm only still on it out of fear of withdrawals and seizures, although if a seizure would kill me I'd be OK with that. Sorry to ramble. All I really wanted to say was that 'treatment' of all types, for me, has been worthless and in some ways, more damaging and made me want to ctb even more after discovering there really is no help out there for me.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife and Smilla
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Tried various antidepressants, nothing helped. My body is really sensitive to meds and I seem to have weird/bad reactions and side effects to almost all the medications (of all kinds) I've been given throughout my life so maybe if I could've stayed on the antidepressants longer, or been willing to try other meds, they might've been helpful but who knows. Therapists (imo)=waste of time. I was inpatient twice but that was also a waste of time and a horrible experience, as all they did was basically babysit me and feed me Ativan and make me go to art therapy group and then send me home. Also my last psych doc kept prescribing me Ativan even though I started telling him 6 mos after I'd been taking it regularly that I didn't want to continue taking it and I knew I shouldn't even BE on that drug that long...but he kept brushing me off until the next appointment to 'discuss it' AND he kept upping the dosage (which I didn't take as much as he was prescribing). I'm still stuck at 1 mg twice a day though and it doesn't help relieve any anxiety symptoms and I'm only still on it out of fear of withdrawals and seizures, although if a seizure would kill me I'd be OK with that. Sorry to ramble. All I really wanted to say was that 'treatment' of all types, for me, has been worthless and in some ways, more damaging and made me want to ctb even more after discovering there really is no help out there for me.
I am hyper-sensitive to drugs as well sunflower. The mood-modifiers always produce seizures. In fact anything that lowers the seizure threshold is going to provide an interesting display of violence, and rapid-fire reflexes, from a tiny, little lady. Not all seizures are created equal either sunflower. I have 3/4 different kinds, the complex partial being the strangest. The gran mal post-ictal violent. Maybe you should get an EEG.

Reactions: sunflowerfacingdown and Smilla
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I've had psychiatrists, therapies, medications, and trips to the psych ward. Nothing has helped or ever will.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
I've had quite a few treatments.
Medication- not good
Re-feeding- so degrading
Inpatient- traumatic wouldn't call it treatment
Transcranial magnetic therapy- this worked but the effects don't last or change life situations
Therapy- good for support but again doesn't change anything

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
Cya89

Cya89

Jun 29, 2018
I've been on Pristiq (SNRI) for a month now and I still cry all the time. Thought it worked a few years ago (went off it when I felt like I didn't need it anymore), but it must have been a placebo effect the whole time.