• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Disaster-my step mum found my SN in the post-they know its for a purpose-because it says toxic on it- and they know i feel suicidal! I am not allowed to go outside and people are on their way??! will I be admitted? I wish they would just let me do what I want to do-instead of prolonging the agony! it would be better for everyone-sending me away wont help-I will still feel the same-if not way way worse when I come out! this is so f**ked up :( :(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: heartless_95, WatermelonMel, Chantal and 11 others
M

mrwolf

Oct 5, 2019
So sorry that happened! Tell them you are going to cure / age some meat with it?

Reactions: Astral316
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
So sorry that happened! Tell them you are going to cure / age some meat with it?
they arent stupid-ive been suffering from severe depression-they know i have little desire to live and they know that-also im vegetarian :(
they only want to force me to stay alive-so they dont have to deal with the guilt or other people knowing they may have contributed to it. Not because of any love or care or not wanting me to do it. and now they want to suffer the indignity of a mental hosp-which will just compound things for me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: snorli, Pony and Futility
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Similiar thing happened to me with my N over a year ago. I went to the ward fyi

• Aww..
Reactions: MeltingHeart, Chantal and snorli
R

RightToExit

Sep 25, 2019
they arent stupid-ive been suffering from severe depression-they know i have little desire to live and they know that-also im vegetarian :(
they only want to force me to stay alive-so they dont have to deal with the guilt or other people knowing they may have contributed to it. Not because of any love or care or not wanting me to do it. and now they want to suffer the indignity of a mental hosp-which will just compound things for me.

This is why any honest conversation with family members is a mistake for suicidal people. That goes even more for any kind of health "professional". These are not your allies.

I can't tell you what you should do now, only what I would do if I were in your situation:

1. Don't talk about suicide. Don't admit any form of suicidal thoughts or feelings. Don't use emotional language at all. Use only factual, logical language. Like a lawyer would.

2. Emphasize that you don't consent to any coercion. You don't consent to the violation of your property rights (the SN belongs to you, and it's not illegal.) You don't consent to any forced treatment. You don't consent to any physical contact. You don't consent to any forced medication. Repeatedly use human rights framing. If they want to take something away from you, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your property rights. If they want to touch you, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your bodily autonomy rights. If they want to bring you to a facility you don't want to be in, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your right to free movement. If they want to force you to take drugs you don't want to take, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your patient autonomy. And so on.

3. All of this may not help. If they do coerce you, question the legality and emphasize you will consider your legal options. If all of that fails, wear the perfect mask, play along with their games, until you are out again. And then, when they least suspect it, take severe revenge for the violation of your rights. You did warn them, after all.

And needless to say, as soon as you can, get a place of your own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Egddios, MeltingHeart and 12 others
Thatch Cubes

Thatch Cubes

Aug 18, 2019
I ordered some veterinary N around half a decade ago just in case I would end up needing it. It was found by family, but I'd removed the label and tossed the packaging beforehand, so it was mistaken for some kind of medication. I hid it back away before they decided to begin asking more questions.

When someone finds mysterious hidden chemicals in bottled, capsule, or powdered form, the natural instinct is to assume that you either require it for a medical condition or that you're an addict. I think the best backup plan when trying to hide something like this is to cover it up with an embarrassing, easy-to-understand explanation that most people will be satisfied with.

e: If you do get Bakered, you're better off playing along than trying to assert your rights. People will see what they wish to see regardless of your intentions, and as this isn't a criminal case, demanding that they prove that you want to die beyond a reasonable doubt will just make you look more suspicious, just like those people who scream, "Am I being detained!?" as soon as they get pulled over for running a red light.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeltingHeart
R

RightToExit

Sep 25, 2019
I ordered some veterinary N around half a decade ago just in case I would end up needing it. It was found by family, but I'd removed the label and tossed the packaging beforehand, so it was mistaken for some kind of medication. I hid it back away before they decided to begin asking more questions.

When someone finds mysterious hidden chemicals in bottled, capsule, or powdered form, the natural instinct is to assume that you either require it for a medical condition or that you're an addict. I think the best backup plan when trying to hide something like this is to cover it up with an embarrassing, easy-to-understand explanation that most people will be satisfied with.

e: If you do get Bakered, you're better off playing along than trying to assert your rights. People will see what they wish to see regardless of your intentions, and as this isn't a criminal case, demanding that they prove that you want to die beyond a reasonable doubt will just make you look more suspicious, just like those people who scream, "Am I being detained!?" as soon as they get pulled over for running a red light.

If you don't assert your rights while your rights are being violated, it will be construed as consensual.

• Love
Reactions: sleepy dog, Oblivion Lover, omoidarui and 1 other person
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
In the U.K. I'd go for a voluntary section then it looks like you want help (you don't really)
Can you not hide the SN?

Reactions: SinisterKid and gingerplum
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ugh that sucks and I'm sorry to hear about this. As far as what @RightToExit says, I am in favor of getting justice and revenge for the people that have made your life miserable or caused harm to you, but on a more serious note, yes it's important to stand up for one's rights, but also you need to be judicious in how you do it as to not make things worse as they have the power and you oftenly don't. @Thatch Cubes made a good point too, being too aggressive can WORK against someone but I also don't agree with being a total pushover either, meaning allowing them to walk all over and take advantage of the patient because they feel like the patient is some easy target.

L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I'm sorry I have no advice to offer, I just really hope you are okay!! :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingHeart and eve2004
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
they only want to force me to stay alive-so they dont have to deal with the guilt or other people knowing they may have contributed to it. Not because of any love or care or not wanting me to do it.
My heart goes to you! :heart:
Yeah, if they had shown genuine love to you, chances are you would not even be suicidal.
Genuine parental love provides a solid foundation, such that even outside influences, such as bullying, will not cause you depression, because your rock is at home.
Many parents are selfish, and think of themselves, more than they do their kids.
So they only worry about how your suicide will make THEM look, as you said.
Here is some LOVE :heart::heart: and HUGS :hug::hug: to you.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Egddios, Tom9999 and onlyinsleep
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Ugh. Sorry. Take a page out of my book - the mentally ill do not have rights. I don't know if you're in the US, but it's ok here to fuck with your mail while in drug treatment, not allow you to request transfer to a place with more intensive psychiatric care, request to be put back on your psych meds, to request your outside doctors or therapist be contacted, and then almost be assaulted in a crisis center. And then they can make you look like YOU'RE crazy for leaving treatment AMA. Smile, nod, cry, then act like you had no idea what you were thinking. Lay low and somewhat happy and get a PO Box if you can. Yeah, I'm on the dark side today,

Reactions: Egddios
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Disaster-my step mum found my SN in the post-they know its for a purpose-because it says toxic on it- and they know i feel suicidal! I am not allowed to go outside and people are on their way??! will I be admitted? I wish they would just let me do what I want to do-instead of prolonging the agony! it would be better for everyone-sending me away wont help-I will still feel the same-if not way way worse when I come out! this is so f**ked up :( :(
German style sausages are cured with SN, so is Italian style salami, esp the tasty donkey salami ( really nice to eat in fact) SN can be used for all sort of food stuff. It is not toxic if used in the correct way. Sugar is toxic if it is used in the wrong way.

Reactions: color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
@JimFord99
Is it not SN that is used on fresh cut fruit and vegetables served at a salad bar - to keep them from quickly turning brown when the air (oxygen?) touches the cut areas?

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
German style sausages are cured with SN, so is Italian style salami, esp the tasty donkey salami ( really nice to eat in fact) SN can be used for all sort of food stuff. It is not toxic if used in the correct way. Sugar is toxic if it is used in the wrong way.
OP stated in a later response that she's known to be a vegetarian. On a personal note, I had NO idea donkeys were made into sausage. Gotta say, that's a pretty distressing thought.

@JimFord99
Is it not SN that is used on fresh cut fruit and vegetables served at a salad bar - to keep them from quickly turning brown when the air (oxygen?) touches the cut areas?
That's citric acid.

• Love
Reactions: snorli, color_me_gone and Qbert
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
You will be surprised in how many food products SN is being used. You are right, it prevents vegetables from turning brown and it gives meats that lovely red colour. It is in any preserved meat product I know, also, like you said, in preserved vegetables like olives and gherkins. Yum.
OP stated in a later response that she's known to be a vegetarian. On a personal note, I had NO idea donkeys were made into sausage. Gotta say, that's a pretty distressing thought.
Italians make food out of farmed animals. On a personal note, nothing wrong with that. I mean, the last time I went to Italy, that was 30 years ago. But I recalled that that stuff tasted really good.

That's citric acid.
Not just, read the small print of jars and packages, you will be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: color_me_gone, snorli and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
You will be surprised in how many food products SN is being used. You are right, it prevents vegetables from turning brown and it gives meats that lovely red colour. It is in any preserved meat product I know, also, like you said, in preserved vegetables like olives and gherkins. Yum.
SN is used in curing and pickling, but I'm 90% sure that it's ascorbic and citric acid used on fresh cut fruits & veggies. But yeah, the point is, it's in plenty of foods at non-toxic doses.

Reactions: snorli and JimFord99
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
SN is used in curing and pickling, but I'm 90% sure that it's ascorbic and citric acid used on fresh cut fruits & veggies. But yeah, the point is, it's in plenty of foods at non-toxic doses.
This is pretty much the unhealthy side of conserved food which causes problems like blood pressure, weight, heart problems, ...
Sorry, we are going a bit off topic but still nice to know.

Reactions: gingerplum
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
All of a sudden I'm craving sausage and peppers

Reactions: JimFord99 and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
This is another reason why SN is being put into food. I wants you to eat more and then drink more.
This is why salty snacks like pretzels and salted nuts are "complimentary" at bars.

Reactions: JimFord99
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
This is why salty snacks like pretzels and salted nuts are "complimentary" at bars.
Exactly. I know of two restaurants which makes their food a little bit more salty than they shoul,to boost the drinks sales.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
It's tough to come up with a reason for SN. If you live with people and they don't see a big leg of freshly butchered pork with your SN, saying you are doing home curing will raise an eyebrow.

JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Well, how many delicacies have come from a home kitchen? Actually, was SN engineered or discovered by accident?

O

ots

Sep 9, 2019
OP is likely in a hospital as we speak...

If you do get caught with this stuff, there isn't much you can do. It is used for other purposes, but none of them pass as likely excuses. If you do get caught, they are going to want to send you to a hospital, unless you can talk them out of it. That would require a reliable support network of friends and family who you will argue will do a better job of taking care of you than a psych ward. Mental health workers aren't stupid; they know psych wards are pretty terrible places and in my experience, would rather try alternatives, if they exist. If they do, you must stress a willingness to aim for recovery. You will basically have to volunteer yourself to be watched pretty rigorously by family and friends. You probably won't want to do these things, but if you want to stay out of hospital, you have to give the doctors some reason to believe you will be alright without being admitted to a ward.

Someone also mentioned trying to hold on to the SN; I don't see that really happening. If people find it and it's a big enough deal to get doctors involved, they are gonna want to take it off you and I'm pretty sure they can. While it's not illegal to own SN, it's not about legality of the object, it's about duty of care between doctor and patient. If a doctor thinks you are a risk to yourself, they not only have a responsibility, but an obligation to deprive you of means to harm yourself. This will be by putting you in a hospital and making an order that your SN is disposed of, or by you voluntarily relinquishing your SN. It's really your choice. There is no situation where you both get to keep your SN and get to stay outside of a hospital.

I'm not a mental health worker or anything, but I have successfully talked my way out of being hospitalised on a couple of occasions. And also been hospitalised on a couple of other occasions where I handled the situation poorly. Cooperation with the health workers is the only way you get to go. Be difficult and you give them more reason to hospitalise you.

Reactions: Thatch Cubes and gingerplum
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
OK, I see your point. My experience: doctors don't really care. You get a 10 minute slot for an appointment, I never have been considered as a risk by doctors but I am.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Sorry your mother foiled your plan. I don't want to kick you when you're already so down, but you probably should have been camped out on that fucking mailbox.

Members living with other people, take note: know what time your mail comes and at least an approximate date of delivery so you can plan to get to the mailbox first.

This is why any honest conversation with family members is a mistake for suicidal people. That goes even more for any kind of health "professional". These are not your allies.

I can't tell you what you should do now, only what I would do if I were in your situation:

1. Don't talk about suicide. Don't admit any form of suicidal thoughts or feelings. Don't use emotional language at all. Use only factual, logical language. Like a lawyer would.

2. Emphasize that you don't consent to any coercion. You don't consent to the violation of your property rights (the SN belongs to you, and it's not illegal.) You don't consent to any forced treatment. You don't consent to any physical contact. You don't consent to any forced medication. Repeatedly use human rights framing. If they want to take something away from you, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your property rights. If they want to touch you, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your bodily autonomy rights. If they want to bring you to a facility you don't want to be in, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your right to free movement. If they want to force you to take drugs you don't want to take, repeat that you don't consent to the violation of your patient autonomy. And so on.

3. All of this may not help. If they do coerce you, question the legality and emphasize you will consider your legal options. If all of that fails, wear the perfect mask, play along with their games, until you are out again. And then, when they least suspect it, take severe revenge for the violation of your rights. You did warn them, after all.

And needless to say, as soon as you can, get a place of your own.

Absolutely, 100% what @RightToExit said. Trust me, I've worked in psych in a lockdown unit (also been a "guest" against my will) and this is really critical info. Your presentation, affect, and overall demeanor will all be thoroughly documented. Commit your responses to memory, and practice now. Don't let them intimidate you; just because you're hospitalized doesn't mean you don't have basic human rights. Psych staff hates it when patients are well-versed in their rights. Even in refusing care, remain calm and try not to seem oppositional.

Now, keep in mind that your wishes can generally be overridden by the staff's assessment that you're temporarily incompetent and lack the capacity to make informed medical decisions; sadly, they do this A LOT, and terrifyingly, they get away with it. However, remaining calm and unemotional will prevent them from justifying a longer stay, and calmly asserting your rights lets them know you're aware that your basic human rights are being violated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egddios and RightToExit
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Sorry your mother foiled your plan. I don't want to kick you when you're already so down, but you probably should have made camp on that fucking mailbox.

Members living with other people, take note: know what time your mail comes and at least an approximate date of delivery so you can plan to get to the mailbox first.

not being sarcastic, ginger plum, bur where I live, they turn up (if they turn up at all) you could end up with a long wait. YEAH, British Mail, bring it on. I can already visualise the press head lines: post officer prevented suicide by not turning up. Sorry, very sarcastic but true.

Reactions: RightToExit
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Or see if you can get it delivered to a collection point instead of address

Reactions: JimFord99