• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

RandomDude1234

Sep 19, 2018
I read that SN is very Hygroscopic. Is there any visual indication that Sodium Nitrite has changed into Sodium Nitrate?

And if yes, is there any easy way of converting Sodium Nitrate back into Sodium Nitrite?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and scales
scales

scales

Resident Slime
Oct 18, 2018
I read that SN is very Hygroscopic. Is there any visual indication that Sodium Nitrite has changed into Sodium Nitrate?

And if yes, is there any easy way of converting Sodium Nitrate back into Sodium Nitrite?

If you keep the SN in the original, unopened bottle until it is time to go, then you shouldn't have to worry. If you have opened it already then I recommend buying more SN instead of trying to convert it, unless you're a chemist and expert in this type of thing. For others, we may make mistakes that could be worse than the original intention.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Paloma
Paloma

Paloma

Suicide doesn't kill people. Sadness kills them.
Nov 3, 2018
I don't know if this has already been asked (it probably has) but for how much time till the SN kills you? My family goes away for like 3 hours every Thursday and Sunday. Not sure if that's enough time for me to prepare and finally do it without anyone intervening.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
R

RandomDude1234

Sep 19, 2018
If you keep the SN in the original, unopened bottle until it is time to go, then you shouldn't have to worry. If you have opened it already then I recommend buying more SN instead of trying to convert it, unless you're a chemist and expert in this type of thing. For others, we may make mistakes that could be worse than the original intention.

I opened the bottle once to check the content but since then, it's been closed. Since it's kinda hard for me to get SN, I was wondering if there is any visual indication signalling the conversion/

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I don't know if this has already been asked (it probably has) but for how much time till the SN kills you? My family goes away for like 3 hours every Thursday and Sunday. Not sure if that's enough time for me to prepare and finally do it without anyone intervening.
supposedly 35 minutes when done correctly. unconsciousness in 12 min, death in 35

Reactions: Paloma and Lifeisatrap
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I have everything I need for sn and I have no energy to read thru all this shit for exact directions. I feel so fucking low that I don't even have the energy to pull this off. And guilt of hurting people is killing me. I feel like I'm getting worse by the day tho and it's horrible
Yeah, I don't have the energy for this either...

Reactions: Paloma, Lifeisatrap and MachineGunDani
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
A childhood experience regarding what was likely a drop a blood pressure.

Either a test or a vaccination (but not a regular one, happened in the classroom). I reacted with diziness, vision became dark then black, I could hear noises but no voices. I put my head down on my desk. Only once in a lifetime. I don't know what substance got into contact with my blood. A distressing experience.

Is the drop in blood pressure associated with SN anything like that ?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Dani Paradox
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
I think it's not certain at all. It may work, but I'd want more time. Unfortunately I don't have access to statistics.

Check the first post in this thread.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Paloma and 1 other person
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Why do you guys consider SN as a peaceful method when medical literature suggests it is risky, painful and a long drawn out process? I know this post will be unpopular but just wish to learn what you guys have read which makes this method appealing to you
and #555

and #583

Do you have any sources, re: medical literature, "you won't be kocked out"/pain ?

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
To all: And from the looks of this thread, I get the impression that at least a few members have suicided. But I'm not sure how many.

Nitschke has only one case ? @IfHeDiesHeDies , fhere is a reason a Dutch group chose SA over SN. Would you have an 'opinion' on SA ?

Deutschv2

Deutschv2

Student
Sep 23, 2018
What person are you talking about?
"They were found unconscious, seizing up, blue skin, got saved at the hospital by methylene blue, the antidote. I assume it would've been successful if they wouldn't have been found. I really hope they won't have any lasting damage.

The other person who took SN was alone at home, by the way, so they most likely had enough time as to not being found early.

I hope they will tell us more on here, but for now I just wanted to tell you that, as I mentioned two supposedly successful attempts previously."
post 1081 i believe by invisiblycrippled

TheUnrealGod

TheUnrealGod

Oct 20, 2018
I found in my city one place which sells SN but is like $100 and come 25 KG, 99% anyone from Brazil to share ?

Paloma

Paloma

Suicide doesn't kill people. Sadness kills them.
Nov 3, 2018
I have everything I need for sn and I have no energy to read thru all this shit for exact directions. I feel so fucking low that I don't even have the energy to pull this off. And guilt of hurting people is killing me. I feel like I'm getting worse by the day tho and it's horrible

You're not alone. When I think about those who I'd be leaving behind I break and can't bring myself to execute everything. Obviously, I'm going to hurt so many people when I'm gone, I'm aware of that, to a reasonable level. But to an emotional level, I feel like no one will care at all; because no one ever showed they cared.

Yes I'll hurt everyone. But nothing will change if I stay anyway. For some reason people start regretting not being nicer to those who actually took their lives. This world is sickening and I want out. I don't have a future anyway so why bother. I've suffered enough. 14 years is more than enough for me. I know others have suffered longer, but in my case im drained.

At least I tried.

supposedly 35 minutes when done correctly. unconsciousness in 12 min, death in 35

Thanks man

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, littlelungs and 4 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I am definitely afraid of those 10-15 minutes before loss of consciousness. And I've been doing a lot of thinking. But it can't possibly be that bad. Think about it. It seems to be the most popular method on this site. Think about all the people who have done it. They're all dead. Not one single person freaked out and called an ambulance. Look at all the other methods.... How many times has someone made a goodbye post, and then for whatever reason it doesn't work out, and then they're back on here in a day or a week talking about what went wrong. Has that ever happened with SN? No. Anyone and everyone who's ever actually drank it is dead. If it was that bad, there would be people freaking out and calling 911. Clearly, it must be manageable. And then you simply lose consciousness. After that, it doesn't matter what happens. You're out cold.

Reactions: xb243, Fellow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 9 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
This will be the very last thing I see before losing consciousness. Godspeed, child. I will see you in another life when we are both cats.

Ryan  I Sleeping

Reactions: WolfgangA, therhydler, lv-gras and 8 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
I am definitely afraid of those 10-15 minutes before loss of consciousness. And I've been doing a lot of thinking. But it can't possibly be that bad. Think about it. It seems to be the most popular method on this site. Think about all the people who have done it. They're all dead. Not one single person freaked out and called an ambulance. Look at all the other methods.... How many times has someone made a goodbye post, and then for whatever reason it doesn't work out, and then they're back on here in a day or a week talking about what went wrong. Has that ever happened with SN? No. Anyone and everyone who's ever actually drank it is dead. If it was that bad, there would be people freaking out and calling 911. Clearly, it must be manageable. And then you simply lose consciousness. After that, it doesn't matter what happens. You're out cold.

Bold How many did it and succeeded ? It's not as if I see many obvious and successful cases on this forum. Or failures. This is a genuine question.I'd like to know the odds/stats.

Reactions: therhydler, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Bold How many did it and succeeded ? It's not as if I see many obvious and successful cases on this forum. Or failures. This is a genuine question.I'd like to know the odds/stats.

You would need to go through the goodbye posts, there have been about 6 that have died via Sn and 1 via the shoutbox (wantingpeace).

querry1 details a failed attempt but dident use tagamet,meto and was rescued.

Reactions: lovedread, therhydler, lv-gras and 5 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
There have been quite a few people who announced. Others simply talked about it and then disappeared. It's definitely the most popular method on the forum. At least, since I've been here. If it's done correctly, then it's impossible to survive unless you are "saved." Even if it is interrupted and you are "saved" there is no brain damage to worry about, etc. You would be fine. My point is that there has not been a single person who came back saying that they did it and something went wrong. No one came back saying they were really sick and not losing consciousness, no one came back saying they freaked out and called 911, no one came back with any stories at all unless they simply didn't do it right or something. They simply did it and never returned. That says something. Wantingpeace and clover did it while in mid-conversation on here. Both of them said the same thing and stopped responding within a minute or two. Wantingpeace is the only person who's death was confirmed as far as I know. But everyone is dead. Psych care only holds you for so long. I've been on here since august. Everyone simply never came back.

Reactions: therhydler, lv-gras, MachineGunDani and 5 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@Justanotherconsumer ,

6 is not much. We can't be sure they are all dead. Even if they had not logged in they could be in psychiatric care or have other reasons for not logging in. This thread apparently started in July, I'm not even sure when this forum got started. I know of one person who failed SA.

I also don't know how many people rely on sedatives with SN ... wouldn't work for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: lovedread, lv-gras, mattwitt and 2 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
@Justanotherconsumer ,

6 is not much. We can't be sure they are all dead. Even if they had not logged in they could be in psychiatric care or have other reasons for not logging in. This thread apparently started in July, I'm not even sure when this forum got started. I know of one person who failed SA.
Sure, but you can use inductive reasoning to say that it's quite likely that they're dead, considering the lack of medical reports showing neurological damage (that's not the same as saying brain damage is impossible, it might well be, and you are taking a risk by using this method), and how all of the aforementioned users suddenly disappeared after being amongst the most active on the forum.

With the exception of Nembutal, you'll struggle to find conclusive evidence for any single method, especially those that involve ingestion of some substance. This is due to the nature of the topic - no institution is either willing or able to do a proper study on the effectiveness of various methods of suicide.

Reactions: lovedread, therhydler, lv-gras and 6 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@OfficerK ,

Animals are not the same and I can't wait for it anyway, but someone could test this method on animals !

Hanging is known to be fairly reliable if it is done right, but that does require certain logistics. As for N, isn't there is a 5 % chance of survival if you also have a high tolerance for sedatives ? N is supposed to cause death by hypoxia.

Reactions: lovedread, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Deutschv2

Deutschv2

Student
Sep 23, 2018
@Justanotherconsumer ,

I also don't know how many people rely on sedatives with SN ... wouldn't work for me.
Wait, you can fail sodium azide? I thought it was lethal and there was no cure. Unless if you refer to Jai but I wouldn't call that a failure as he only took 1g and I think Ppeh recommend 3? not sure though

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
@OfficerK ,

Animals are not the same and I can't wait for it anyway, but someone could test this method on animals !

Hanging is known to be fairly reliable if it is done right, but that does require certain logistics. As for N, isn't there is a 5 % chance of survival if you also have a high tolerance for sedatives ? N is supposed to cause death by hypoxia.
Well, they sort of have. Nitrite is used for killing feral pigs in a humane manner.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
As for N, isn't there is a 5 % chance of survival if you also have a high tolerance for sedatives ? N is supposed to cause death by hypoxia.

This statistic needs framing more clearly. Do you mean:

1) 5% of all N suicides survive, and this is later attributed to tolerance to sedatives

or

2) Of a group found to be highly tolerant to sedatives, 5% of them survived.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@Chinaski ,

I know it put it that way ... it wouldn't surprise me if a few % would survive N even if they don't have a tolerance ... at least 5 % in case of a high tolerance for sedatives ?

According to a source in a certain country 7 % survives assisted suicide at least initially, and I'm sure that is done with a high dose of N. Possibly they receive 'help' after a few hours from a doctor. Would they have survived otherwise ?

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Toxification/Pentobarbital#Time_To_Death

See the 7 %. I wonder what Dignitas does in case of extreme tolerance. Are they telling the full truth ? Maybe people with a high tolerance are treated differently, or tapered off in time ?
It's hard to imagine it's 100 %. Barbiturates were displaced because of their high rate of lethality. That doesn't mean lethality is guaranteed.

Duration of action 1-4 hours according to one source. Personally I just don't want to survive with brain damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I've read that wiki. From 261 people who ingested more than 10g of N, only one lasted more than 12 hours. Only 20 lasted between 2 and 12 hours. 2 and 12 hours is a wide net. 90% in less than two hours are statistics l find positive, not negative.

Your post is not focussing on the right detail here, instead you're basically suggesting Dignitas smother their patients and then cover it up later, or whatever.

Reactions: Stom, lv-gras, mattwitt and 4 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Last edited: