• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
My potassium nitrite has shipped & will be arriving Tuesday which is earlier than I'll be left alone long enough to feel comfortable messing with the gun safe, so this is likely the method I will be going with. I'm making this thread about what my procedure will be & some info about the method in general. I won't be setting a specific date or making a goodbye thread bc I don't want to give myself anxiety of having to ctb at a specific time. Plus I wouldn't want to come back if I fail after I've made a goodbye thread 😭 If I do end up getting to go with a gun, I'll make one, but other than that if I disappear for a few weeks at some point after Tuesday assume that I have been successful.

Premise
Potassium nitrite (KNO2) is an ionic salt composed of potassium (K+) and nitrite (NO2-) ions. The lethal component of this salt is the nitrite ions, like in SN. Its method of action is methemoglobinemia in which nitrite ions in the blood bind to hemoglobin, restricting its ability to carry oxygen. Symptoms of methemoglobinemia include headache, fatigue, dizziness, a blue discoloration to the skin, and in severe causes respiratory depression, collapse, and death.

Dosage
The molar mass of KNO2 is higher than that of SN, meaning more product is necessary to achieve the same result. The molar mass of KNO2 is approximately 85 g/mol while the molar mass of SN is 69 g/mol. This gives us an equivalence ratio of 85:69. To determine the proper dosage of potassium nitrite, multiply the appropriate dose of SN by (85/69). Remember to use the parentheses when multiplying. For example, using the standard dose of SN at 25g would give us approximately 31g of KNO2 (if you're going to round, round up not down). Dosage can also be determined by weight through KNO2's LD50 which is cited at 235 mg/kg and doubling it for assurance. This should give you roughly the same number as if you calculated based off of the SN weight chart.

Procedure
For the procedure itself, you can follow all the same guidelines as SN. Make sure you use the recommended antiemetics. You have to use a medication that is a dopamine D2 receptor antagonist. Other medications will NOT work. Other antiemetics will not do anything to help you keep down salt bc they do not affect the area of the CTZ that detects GI irritation. I suspect you'd be better off not taking an aniemetic than adding the ineffective medication. In regards to fasting, I will personally be fasting for 8 hours. Some may choose to fast for 24 hours, but I believe this will increase the chances of vomiting as extended fasting raises your levels of stomach acid. Everyone's body is different, so you have to make that judgement call for yourself. Follow the SN guides for any other medications you may want to add. You can take them in the same doses as for SN.

To prepare the actual drink, mix the KNO2 with plain water, the same as SN. However, you will likely need less water than you would with SN. The solubility of KNO2 is much higher at 312 g/100 mL of water at 25°C. Theoretically you would only need 10 mL of water to dissolve the proposed 31 g of KNO2. Add enough water that it is a drinkable consistency, but the less water the better. Less water may lower your chance of vomiting, but its main purpose is to accurately gage how much of the mixture you have thrown up so you can decide whether to abort or drink a secondary glass. Do not touch the powder! It is an irritant, the same as SN. I would also caution to make sure you are not accessible to any animals in your home. There have been reports of pets passing due to ingesting the vomit of people with nitrite toxicity.

Personal Timeline
These will be fictious times based off of when my fast begins, not correlated to actual times of day.

00:00 - 06:00 : Begin fasting, continue taking water regularly
06:00 : Last intake of plain water

07:00 : 600 mg of ibuprofen

07:15 : 30 mg of metoclopramide

07:45 : 2 mg of lorazepam

08:00 : 22 g of KNO2

Do not take the same dose of KNO2 as me. I am a very small person, so my LD50 dose doubled of KNO2 is smaller than most people's recommended dose of SN. For comparison, my recommended dose of SN by weight is 17.5 g. Follow the calculations I provided, not my personal numbers.

Again, I will not post a goodbye thread for personal reasons, so there won't be a firsthand account of any symptoms. I would consider relaying my symptoms in pm which could then be shared, but I won't publicly be going through this experience. I also will not answer any questions about how I sourced KNO2. It's a precursor to explosives, so it is more regulated than SN. However, it was extremely easy for me to find through a major online retailer.

More of the science I talked about will be linked below, but it repeats stuff I've already talked about & all of the major information is here

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: beethovens_friend, timetodie24, Forveleth and 8 others
E

Esokabat

Experienced
Apr 22, 2024
Thanks for the great summary. So in a nutshell, you need drink more salt but with less water so it might be balancing itself out as far as volume. Does the Kalium/Potassium atom not add additional interference in the body? For example I used to take Potassium Light salt but I stopped as it made me feel very unwell and feeling dehydrated. It turned my electrolyte balance on its head. Wouldn't the Kalium/Potassium atom on its own cause some havoc in the body?

Reactions: Forveleth
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I had read that more SN was needed but according to your calculations it is almost the same.

I hope you have a smooth march to happiness and that you have luck in the attempt.

Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Thanks for the great summary. So in a nutshell, you need drink more salt but with less water so it might be balancing itself out as far as volume. Does the Kalium/Potassium atom not add additional interference in the body? For example I used to take Potassium Light salt but I stopped as it made me feel very unwell and feeling dehydrated. It turned my electrolyte balance on its head. Wouldn't the Kalium/Potassium atom on its own cause some havoc in the body?
The potassium ion might have an effect. I haven't found any literature that suggests that potassium nitrite causes hyperkalemia, so I didn't include it in the initial post. Potassium levels have to be above 5.5 mmol/L to cause hperkalemia & above 6.5 mmol/L to cause heart problems, so it may depend on the amount ingested. I did see one study where they treated potassium nitrite poisoning with potassium chloride though??? I can't seem to find it again, but if I do it would probably have more info.
I had read that more SN was needed but according to your calculations it is almost the same.

I hope you have a smooth march to happiness and that you have luck in the attempt.
Thank you for the well wishes 💕
Yeah I can't find a single reported instance of hyperkalemia after KNO2 ingestion & KCL seems to be used to balance KNO2 toxicity in rat studies. It could be that the effects of methemoglobinemia are simply worse, so some hyperkalemic symptoms get attributed to it. It's very hard to die from hyperkalemia after all. Idk if the user with access to Toxbase is still around, but it'd be interesting to see what Toxbase says about KNO2 bc I only have access to US research & case reports

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth, Mi Mi and Esokabat
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
My potassium nitrite has shipped & will be arriving Tuesday which is earlier than I'll be left alone long enough to feel comfortable messing with the gun safe, so this is likely the method I will be going with. I'm making this thread about what my procedure will be & some info about the method in general. I won't be setting a specific date or making a goodbye thread bc I don't want to give myself anxiety of having to ctb at a specific time. Plus I wouldn't want to come back if I fail after I've made a goodbye thread 😭 If I do end up getting to go with a gun, I'll make one, but other than that if I disappear for a few weeks at some point after Tuesday assume that I have been successful.

Premise
Potassium nitrite (KNO2) is an ionic salt composed of potassium (K+) and nitrite (NO2-) ions. The lethal component of this salt is the nitrite ions, like in SN. Its method of action is methemoglobinemia in which nitrite ions in the blood bind to hemoglobin, restricting its ability to carry oxygen. Symptoms of methemoglobinemia include headache, fatigue, dizziness, a blue discoloration to the skin, and in severe causes respiratory depression, collapse, and death.

Dosage
The molar mass of KNO2 is higher than that of SN, meaning more product is necessary to achieve the same result. The molar mass of KNO2 is approximately 85 g/mol while the molar mass of SN is 69 g/mol. This gives us an equivalence ratio of 85:69. To determine the proper dosage of potassium nitrite, multiply the appropriate dose of SN by (85/69). Remember to use the parentheses when multiplying. For example, using the standard dose of SN at 25g would give us approximately 31g of KNO2 (if you're going to round, round up not down). Dosage can also be determined by weight through KNO2's LD50 which is cited at 235 mg/kg and doubling it for assurance. This should give you roughly the same number as if you calculated based off of the SN weight chart.

Procedure
For the procedure itself, you can follow all the same guidelines as SN. Make sure you use the recommended antiemetics. You have to use a medication that is a dopamine D2 receptor antagonist. Other medications will NOT work. Other antiemetics will not do anything to help you keep down salt bc they do not affect the area of the CTZ that detects GI irritation. I suspect you'd be better off not taking an aniemetic than adding the ineffective medication. In regards to fasting, I will personally be fasting for 8 hours. Some may choose to fast for 24 hours, but I believe this will increase the chances of vomiting as extended fasting raises your levels of stomach acid. Everyone's body is different, so you have to make that judgement call for yourself. Follow the SN guides for any other medications you may want to add. You can take them in the same doses as for SN.

To prepare the actual drink, mix the KNO2 with plain water, the same as SN. However, you will likely need less water than you would with SN. The solubility of KNO2 is much higher at 312 g/100 mL of water at 25°C. Theoretically you would only need 10 mL of water to dissolve the proposed 31 g of KNO2. Add enough water that it is a drinkable consistency, but the less water the better. Less water may lower your chance of vomiting, but its main purpose is to accurately gage how much of the mixture you have thrown up so you can decide whether to abort or drink a secondary glass. Do not touch the powder! It is an irritant, the same as SN. I would also caution to make sure you are not accessible to any animals in your home. There have been reports of pets passing due to ingesting the vomit of people with nitrite toxicity.

Personal Timeline
These will be fictious times based off of when my fast begins, not correlated to actual times of day.

Do not take the same dose of KNO2 as me. I am a very small person, so my LD50 dose doubled of KNO2 is smaller than most people's recommended dose of SN. For comparison, my recommended dose of SN by weight is 17.5 g. Follow the calculations I provided, not my personal numbers.

Again, I will not post a goodbye thread for personal reasons, so there won't be a firsthand account of any symptoms. I would consider relaying my symptoms in pm which could then be shared, but I won't publicly be going through this experience. I also will not answer any questions about how I sourced KNO2. It's a precursor to explosives, so it is more regulated than SN. However, it was extremely easy for me to find through a major online retailer.

More of the science I talked about will be linked below, but it repeats stuff I've already talked about & all of the major information is here

May it be quick and painless
Best wishes 💜

• Love
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Do you by any chance know this is a painless method?

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Do you by any chance know this is a painless method?
It should be a relatively painless method. I haven't seen any case reports that mention significant pain with acute toxicity. There might be chest pain if hyperkalemia is a factor, but I haven't seen that actually reported in any medical journals

Reactions: Forveleth and sugarh1gh
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best in your plans.

J

justwannadip

May 27, 2024
I'm glad I got to meet you before you made your decision❤️ I wish you the best my friend, and I hope to meet you on the other side.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21 and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I'm glad I got to meet you before you made your decision❤️ I wish you the best my friend, and I hope to meet you on the other side.
I've enjoyed our conversations greatly, and thank you so much for the well wishes 😊

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Why not SN?
It was way easier for me to buy KNO2. I also live with other people & I know they won't go through my packages if it's from a recognizable store

• Informative
Reactions: Forveleth, DepressedDude and Unknown21
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I've heard questionable things on this method. Are there any other threads documenting it?

Reactions: Yarani
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I've heard questionable things on this method. Are there any other threads documenting it?
There's only a few other threads that talk about it & only one that gives detailed information and also uses the 85:69 ratio. Afaik there's no threads on sasu documenting an actual attempt with it. It has been used in attempts successfully & unsuccessfully reported in medical journals though

Reactions: Forveleth
I

Into-the-abyss

May 31, 2024

Premise

Dosage

Procedure

Personal Timeline

From the posts I've had the pleasure of reading, it's clear that you possess a remarkable level of articulation in chemistry.
Thank you for generously sharing your knowledge with us.
Wishing you all the best

• Love
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
From the posts I've had the pleasure of reading, it's clear that you possess a remarkable level of articulation in chemistry.
Thank you for generously sharing your knowledge with us.
Wishing you all the best
Thank you for the compliment & the well wishes 💕 I get worried sometimes that I'm too wordy lol. I was a medical student though, so I'm really passionate about health sciences & chemistry. I'm glad that my posts can be helpful!!

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Thank you for such an informative post! I wish you all the best and hope your journey is peaceful!

• Love
satanpixidreamgirl

satanpixidreamgirl

sleepy
Feb 28, 2024
Is a metal spoon okay to mix with? sorry if that's a dumb question

also good luck angel, find peace

Last edited:
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Is a metal spoon okay to mix with? sorry if that's a dumb question

also good luck angel, find peace
It's best to use a plastic spoon or glass stirring rod. I'm not aware of any specific KNO2 reactions that would make a metal spoon problematic for our purposes, but oxidizers can react with metal. Better safe than sorry

Thank you 💕 I hope you are able to find peace as well

Reactions: satanpixidreamgirl