A clown šŸ¤”
Jan 2, 2023
Pro-choice. I don't give a fuck what anyone else does with their own lives as long as no one tells me what to do with mine.

I have no problem with people wanting to live 100+ years as long as they don't drag me into their shit.

Last edited:
kovu

kovu

unendlichkeit
Nov 15, 2021
we could all kill ourselves today or not kill ourselves at all, l honestly don't get this thinking along the lines of suicide being some righteous cause, an ideology which must be defended. It's juvenile imo.
I just realised how old your reply is, but I've already written an entire reply myself, so I'm just going to post it nonetheless.

Suicide is a taboo topic, and the only way to change that is to start a discourse on it. Many people who might be inclined to end their lives might also be mentally/physically incapable of doing so, at least when left to their own devices. Some people are crippled from previous attempts that went wrong, and some may have a mental illness, such as severe social anxiety, that precludes them from going & getting (materials, drugs, etc.), from leaving their room, even. Many people might not be keen on attempting due to the abundance of accounts of attempts that ended tragically -- tragically, but not with the death of the attemptee. If you could enter a controlled environment with, e.g., medical professionals, be administered drugs which aren't easy to come by, and, thereby, assured a safe and painless death, regardless of your current physical or mental condition and your reason for wanting that death, that would indeed render this thread sort of pointless.

I wouldn't say that we could all, right now, kill ourselves. For many people, though, it would begin to be feasible if there was greater acceptance. The idea that one might one day walk into a hospital and request their own death may be ludicrous, but it's also ludicrous to assume that everyone could, at all times, just up and kill themselves successfully.

Also, threads like this help to pass the time for those who come here for respite from their lives and want to spend some time with like-minded people. Not every thread must be a goodbye, method, vent, or help thread. Of course, the metric could've been better defined, but I'd say that, in contrast to something like the also-in-this-thread-mentioned 1-10 pain scale question, it is easier to evaluate your standing on something like this than on something as subjective as pain, which is harder for the affected individual to quantify than their opinion on death, which they've probably mulled over for quite some time if they're visitors of this forum.