Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
I sometimes remember my teenage years. It was like 15 years ago when I first thought about ctb, but when it came to actually choosing a method I always renounced. Peaceful methods were hardly available and probably the most common was helium, which involved a lot of diy work. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Back then I knew just a couple of yahoo groups on this topic.
Reading through my diary, I had no serious problems, just the common stuff that some people have in their teens like unemployment, social anxiety, lack of money. Those eventually resolved with time.
So for me it was a good thing to not have an easy way to go, because this kept me from even attempting. It made me try again and again to fix things in my life.

Just wondering, was anyone else in this situation like 15-20 years ago, how did you cope, what were your resources on the topic?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Leiot

Leiot

Student
Oct 2, 2024
I attempted suicide 18 years ago. I tried to OD on oxycodone. Took an entire big bottle of the stuff. I got tired of dealing with chronic pain.

For me, it was a wakeup call. Being on so much prescription fentanyl that an entrie bottle of oxy was equivalent to less than 3 days of my regular dose was a problem. (It made me drowsy) I later read that deliberately OD'ing is not as successful as other methods.

• Hugs
Reactions: Andrews
Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
I attempted suicide 18 years ago. I tried to OD on oxycodone. Took an entire big bottle of the stuff. I got tired of dealing with chronic pain.

For me, it was a wakeup call. Being on so much prescription fentanyl that an entrie bottle of oxy was equivalent to less than 3 days of my regular dose was a problem. (It made me drowsy) I later read that deliberately OD'ing is not as successful as other methods.
Sorry to hear about your chronic pain. Hope it's manageable.