A

awayt209

Dec 5, 2018
hi guys -

im a guy in hs, losing/lost almost everything and finally ready to let go after 3 years of intense depression. dont have anyone to talk to since the friends i confide in would ship me off to a hospital. planning on going post new-years cuz as much as it hurts to keep on because my mom's bday is coming up and my younger sister loves xmas. maybe like a 10% chance i wont if I somehow get my shit together but i don't have the mental stamina too

in my free time i usually lie in my bed. if i can get up i'll play video games or watch kpop vids since im a fuckin loser. lemme know if any of you guys have steam im lonely

Reactions: Sinbad, DarkTear, Red star and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
But something that stop me is that I don't want to contribute to the stereotype of the suicidal writer...

You won't, any more than any other user will contribute to a stereotype around their profession by ctb. Unless you're the frontman in a Seattle-based grunge band l wouldn't let the idea of a stereotype reinforcement bother you.

Reactions: Dor, Made4TV, wxtyubidi7y and 5 others
Nerdyartist85

Nerdyartist85

Disappointment
Nov 27, 2018
I'm Katie. I'm 33 year olds and from the states.

I came here because I followed the subreddit titled the same thing before it was removed. I have severe generalized anxiety disorder, severe major depressive disorder, and chronic post traumatic (or chronic traumatic disorder) due to my upbringing. I have demons that have plagued me for as long as I know.

I married a wonderful man, but that decision changed my economic status drastically (let me clarify that I don't regret it since my husband is a great supportive man). But the consequence of it has taken a toll on my depression; working part time and making packing peanuts because my anxiety won't allow me to handle a full time job at this time. I'm on meds and seeing doctors, but I still go back to my dark thoughts. It's a tiring never ending cycle.

I really came here to meet people who may actually understand. I feel like a weirdo sometimes with my chronic suicidal and depressive though (with panic attacks thrown in).

But on a more positive note, I like to draw (I am working on the picture in my avatar), cook, sing, and get lost on YouTube and Roblox (I play with my 6 year old niece occasionally).

Nice to meet you all.

Reactions: lululoo, DarkTear, therhydler and 7 others
Dead Meat

Dead Meat

DOOMED
Oct 10, 2018

I came here because I followed the subreddit titled the same thing before it was removed. I have severe generalized anxiety disorder, severe major depressive disorder, and chronic post traumatic (or chronic traumatic disorder) due to my upbringing. I have demons that have plagued me for as long as I know.

I married a wonderful man, but that decision changed my economic status drastically (let me clarify that I don't regret it since my husband is a great supportive man). But the consequence of it has taken a toll on my depression; working part time and making packing peanuts because my anxiety won't allow me to handle a full time job at this time. I'm on meds and seeing doctors, but I still go back to my dark thoughts. It's a tiring never ending cycle.

I really came here to meet people who may actually understand. I feel like a weirdo sometimes with my chronic suicidal and depressive though (with panic attacks thrown in).

But on a more positive note, I like to draw (I am working on the picture in my avatar), cook, sing, and get lost on YouTube and Roblox (I play with my 6 year old niece occasionally).

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy your time here.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Smilla, Red star and 2 others
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018

Nice to meet you all.
I love your drawing... you have a talent.

We all have our reasons to CTB even though someone from the outside thinks you have a wonderful life with a supportive husband. Here you can unburden yourself, and you'll find support. Where in the US are you? (its ok if you don't want to share)

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Smilla, Red star and 2 others
Nerdyartist85

Nerdyartist85

Disappointment
Nov 27, 2018
I love your drawing... you have a talent.

We all have our reasons to CTB even though someone from the outside thinks you have a wonderful life with a supportive husband. Here you can unburden yourself, and you'll find support. Where in the US are you? (its ok if you don't want to share)

Thanks. I'm still trying to improve my drawing skills.

And it's fine; I'm from North Carolina.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Smilla, Red star and 1 other person
slowlystarve

slowlystarve

abomination
Dec 10, 2018
i'm eliza. 18 f. my therapist says i'm traumatized and i don't know if there's any hope for me.
been a headcase for awhile now. seen therapists, psychiatrists, been inpatient, blah blah. lot of it just made me worse. i can't remember a time that i was happy. if this is all life is gonna be for me, if i'm never gonna get any better from this then i want fucking out. i don't know if there's still a chance or not. it just feels like, after all these years in and out of treatment ... if any of this shit was gonna work, if any fucking shit was gonna work, i would've found it by now.

got stupid shit that happened years ago that i can't get out of my head. i'm constantly dissociated. i'm socially awkward from social isolation that i didn't fucking want. i'm extremely lonely but too terrified of other people to get close to them irl. also i'm anorexic and that might just kill me before i get the chance to do it myself

i like music (playing and listening) and comics and youtube and podcasts and languages (though i'm only fluent in english)
talking to people on the internet feels safer than irl so feel free
i hope everyone finds peace in their own way

Reactions: Sinbad, OnlyMercy, End.of.the.line and 10 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Hello im new here , my name is Simba ,im 22 yo and have HFA/ Aspergers' syndrome and depression. My life doesn't really seem bad but in the end you are reminded of all your screw ups in life.. i want to talk about suicide without people getting scared freaking out nervous an whatever ,so im here..

Reactions: lost_soul83, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
hakuna matata Simba
You've come to the right place to discuss freely whatever you want, no one is going to judge you on here.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DarkTear, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
hakuna matata Simba
You've come to the right place to discuss freely whatever you want, no one is going to judge you on here.

Thankyou , and i meant Simba as my family's dog

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DarkTear and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DarkTear, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Sorry
What breed is it? I've had a few dogs over the years.

Don't be sorry alot of people get confused and he's a border collie , what dogs you had ?

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DarkTear and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Don't be sorry alot of people get confused and he's a border collie , what dogs you had ?
Border Collies are good dogs.
I've had the following.
Labrador/Alsatian Cross
Belgian shepherd alsatian
West Highland terrier
Mongrel, named louie after King louie in the jungle book.

Reactions: therhydler, Simba, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Border Collies are good dogs.
I've had the following.
Labrador/Alsatian Cross
Belgian shepherd alsatian
West Highland terrier
Mongrel, named louie after King louie in the jungle book.
That sounds nice ,my family had another dog when i was really young named Banjo ,he was a spaniel and daddy couldn't stand him that slowly but surely he was left out in the back garden and just 1year we had him and he gave him away to some other people and all that time he still came home.. to OUR home an it so sad he gave him back to the people ,last i heard was that he got stolen from them if only i wasn't to scared of dogs at the time, and if only my brother properly took care of him like he said he would.. we were only kids at the time ,but still.. he was so fucking loyal ,oh well...

Reactions: therhydler, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
B

Buddyluv19

Experienced
Dec 13, 2018
Hello,
I'm afraid to introduce myself here but I'm going to do it anyway. Briefly, I'm in my early 50s and, up until about 2 years ago, it looked 'to most observers' as though I had a good life. I have experienced periods of depression and anxiety throughout my life but was always able to 'hide' them and pull out of them somehow - perhaps it was 'the resilience of youth'. I have been in a spiral of increasing anxiety and depression now for over two years. I also have a terminal illness. Since it's not clear when I will die from the physical illness, I have decided to CTB. I have been seriously considering methods for about 6 months as that's when I got the prognosis for my illness. I have appreciated reading posts on this forum where 'choice' is accepted and respected.

Reactions: Jupiter, stargazer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Hello,
I'm afraid to introduce myself here but I'm going to do it anyway. Briefly, I'm in my early 50s and, up until about 2 years ago, it looked 'to most observers' as though I had a good life. I have experienced periods of depression and anxiety throughout my life but was always able to 'hide' them and pull out of them somehow - perhaps it was 'the resilience of youth'. I have been in a spiral of increasing anxiety and depression now for over two years. I also have a terminal illness. Since it's not clear when I will die from the physical illness, I have decided to CTB. I have been seriously considering methods for about 6 months as that's when I got the prognosis for my illness. I have appreciated reading posts on this forum where 'choice' is accepted and respected.
Hello im also sort of new ish here ,im Simba nice to meet you i have depression also and it sucks having a terminal illness ,like i also have chrones desease but it doesn't really affect / bother me.... May i ask why do you want to ctb before the terminal illness finishes you? im sorry to hear about it too i realy hope you will feel at peace someday

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
B

Buddyluv19

Experienced
Dec 13, 2018
Hello im also sort of new ish here ,im Simba nice to meet you i have depression also and it sucks having a terminal illness ,like i also have chrones desease but it doesn't really affect / bother me.... May i ask why do you want to ctb before the terminal illness finishes you? im sorry to hear about it too i realy hope you will feel at peace someday

Thanks For the welcome, Simba. The reason I want to go soon is because I don't know how long it will take for the illness to run it's course and my quality of life is terrible so there's no point in waiting around anyway.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Thanks For the welcome, Simba. The reason I want to go soon is because I don't know how long it will take for the illness to run it's course and my quality of life is terrible so there's no point in waiting around anyway.
I like the name buddy! Jerry lewis in the nutty professor.

B

Buddyluv19

Experienced
Dec 13, 2018
It's such a relief to find this place. I actually have lurked a bit before but thought it was like 8chan. I didn't realize it was a supportive community and I'm glad I read more and discovered it is.[/QUOTE]

Hi lululoo. I'm new here too and I was relieved to find a community that supports 'choice' in this matter. I hope you find peace as well.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Weeping Garbage Can
2 be or not

2 be or not

Nov 25, 2018
Hi,
It's good to find a forum of like-minded people open to non-conventional ideas. I'm not ready to ctb but when I am I hope to accomplish the mission. I wish everyone success with their chosen method.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Weeping Garbage Can
Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
Hello, my hobbies include watching Arrested Development and being taken advantage of. I came here because I wanted to know how to off myself without being berated by hotline numbers or "don't do this seek help" bullshit.

Reactions: color_me_gone, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Made4TV and 1 other person
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that... I wish there was a cure for your illness so maybe you might see a bit of light in the darkness

Reactions: sif, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
hi guys -

im a guy in hs, losing/lost almost everything and finally ready to let go after 3 years of intense depression. dont have anyone to talk to since the friends i confide in would ship me off to a hospital. planning on going post new-years cuz as much as it hurts to keep on because my mom's bday is coming up and my younger sister loves xmas. maybe like a 10% chance i wont if I somehow get my shit together but i don't have the mental stamina too

in my free time i usually lie in my bed. if i can get up i'll play video games or watch kpop vids since im a fuckin loser. lemme know if any of you guys have steam im lonely
I watch alot of Kpop too.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Alexander

Alexander

Dec 11, 2018
Hi everyone, I don't have money problems, I've a lot of friends, I've some trouble to find a job but it's not a great news in my country especially for a young person. People with problems very bigger than mine want to live. So I can't define my self a sad person, simply I don't find reasons to live and without reason to live for me the death is a valid option, because means no more living. I don't think that my situation is tragic, it's happen to me to not have more reason to live and I accepted it.

Reactions: Exile, DarkTear, Johnnythefox and 4 others
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
Hello everyone. :)

I'm 21 and circumstances have led to me losing the capacity to do the one thing that could have made me truly happy in the long term. I've been suffering with Panic Syndrome since I was 16. There's nothing that can be done about it. Now, all that's left is difficulty sleeping over severe anxiety attacks - which I've always had - and absolute zero hope for the future.
I hope I can find a good method of suicide while I'm here, as well as trade some thoughts and ideas that could be beneficial for all of us. :)

By the way, English is not my first language and I'm just very awkward by nature... As well as having trouble with the simplest things. I might say some things that sound absurd or weird. Not sure if I just have low IQ or whatever - in any case, I no longer care about what others think of me since I have no plans for the future anyway.

Reactions: DarkTear, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 9 others
Taylor

Taylor

Thankful
Dec 23, 2018
Hello!

I'm Taylor, I'm a 25 year old male whose life has developed into a living nightmare over the years. Around 2012-2013 was my peak. I was happy, healthy, strong and athletic, with no issues whatsoever. I had just about everything; friends, girlfriend, a job, and had just graduated high school, and went into the Navy, wanting to be a Navy SEAL. (It was mainly my ego I think that led me into that field, when my gentle, nurturing personality matches more of a male nurse xD).

Well all I ended up accomplishing was severely damaging my shoulders (requiring surgery) and my spine, although it was fun while it lasted. I had two surgeries on my right shoulder, which were unsuccessful and left me even worse off. Fast forward 4 years, and just about every other joint of mine has followed suit, and significantly degraded. I don't know if it's just poor genetics as far as joint integrity or what, but I feel like an 80 year old man in a "25" year old body, and am suffering in serious pain. I can't even stand for longer than about 20 minutes, from my hips and spine hurting so bad.

The hardest part about this was that my strength and athleticism was my security blanket, as I was a pretty insecure person my whole life from being tall and skinny. So when that was taken from me, I started developing really strange social fears/issues that have just destroyed my ability to function in life, and I'm at the point now of having turned into basically a social vegetable. I've completely isolated myself from the world and rarely leave the house. I just feel so alienated, with this overwhelming sense that I'm subhuman and don't belong here anymore. It's so bad that I wanted to go to school for neuroscience, to be able to erase the memory of having these issues so I could feel like myself again, but being already 25 and so physically damaged, that is highly unrealistic. That would be 10 years of arguably the hardest schooling known to man, on top of another 10 years of physically suffering, trying to repair my body simultaneously with all the surgeries I need, and the whole thing is basically just impossible. I'm a lost cause at this point. I just so desperately want it to end now.

I am literally just sitting here, trapped in my parents house and unable to work and afford the means of doing the deed myself (peacefully), and am looking for anyone who can help. I promise I'm still "normal", like I mentioned before, I'm a handsome 6'5" male who used to be very happy and successful in life. Now I'm in this nightmare I can't escape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Ssrejisser, Cookiedough8956 and 22 others
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I am Exiled, 28 M.
I live in Europe.
I dont really like introduction threads,you will found more about me by reading my threads,and talking with me.
Obviously i am suicidal (duh...) and have been for a long time.
I am an overanalysing and introspective person.Loner as well,but i do not let it bother me (most of the time).
I am not particularly impressed with the state of the world.
This forum is a rage gem i think,and must be supported.Society is getting ever more hostile to dissenting thoughts and ideas,so you better watch out.

More to come from me,soon on your screens.

Exiled

Reactions: Partial-Elf, sif, 2 be or not and 10 others
peachesNpoison

peachesNpoison

Student
Dec 25, 2018
I discovered this forum a few days ago when researching how to find a trustworthy N resource. I've been wanting to obtain bottles for years, if only to have a quick exit available to make me feel more secure so I wouldn't have to think about this topic all the time. At this point I think I just want to use it soon. I'm pushing into middle age now, more or less alone, and things are just going to get shittier.

My first conscious memory is of being 4 or 5 years old and telling my mother I didn't like myself. Her response was that that made her unhappy to hear this - immediately co-opting my pain and judging my feelings - and I think that's a pattern that's repeated itself on an endless loop throughout my time. I find a lot of things in this world that make me miserable, but one of the worst things to me is the staggering lack of (or very selective) empathy that I see in other sapiens as well as widespread judgement. I also find that when I voice any empathy of my own that it's often met with hostility. I don't believe the species will ever get past these issues and that leaves me hopeless.

I think the worst, though, is the false hope that I feel sometimes. My mental illness and history of abuse has left me prone to delusional thinking. I believe that my worst delusion is thinking that anyone will ever understand me and accept everything about me. I have a lifetime of evidence that I won't find anyone, but my brain is wired to torture me by looking for it and believing it exists just the same.

I'm going to do my best to get N from A if I can and hopefully resolve things in a couple months. If anyone shares my condition of being heavily weighed down by a similar sadness to mine, feel free to talk with me. If I can find the empathy here that doesn't exist in the outside world, it might help me settle my mind and make the right decisions.

Reactions: sif, Sinbad, LivedTooLong and 5 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
"I find a lot of things in this world that make me miserable, but one of the worst things to me is the staggering lack of (or very selective) empathy that I see in other sapiens as well as widespread judgement. I also find that when I voice any empathy of my own that it's often met with hostility. I don't believe the species will ever get past these issues and that leaves me hopeless."

Yup! That's me, Buddy. While my immediate family didn't do that to me, the rest of the world did. At an very early age, I became a magnet for all the bullies in my school. I was a sensitive boy who had no desire to hurt anybody. That is an attraction magnet for all of the bullies, looking to boost their self esteem by belittling an easy target. And back then, the victim was ostracized for being a weakling. Of course, my self esteem was destroyed in short order. I became an outcast. I withdrew socially. Anytime I ever tried to interact socially, I was just kicked aside. I used to play with other girls, because they were more accepting. That lasted until 7th grade, when puberty started kicking in. Then I found those friends abandoning me as well, as I was a liability for them to make boyfriends. So I withdrew even deeper into my protective shell, like a turtle. Anytime I dared to peek my head out just a tiny bit, I risk having my head chopped off. So I stayed protected. When you withdraw socially, you lose whatever little social interaction skills you may have had. Then you get to highschool, and you long to have a girlfriend, like everybody else. You look at a girl, she looks away. You try to get close to a girl, she immediately moves away. You try to make small talk with a girl, she responds, "Oh, I gotta' go." You try to become part of a group, they cast you aside. You try these things several times with no success. The stark reality becomes excruciatingly clear, you are a social outcast, and nothing is going to change that, You graduate from highschool without ever having touched a girl. Nothing changes in college. You bury yourself in academics, because you have no social life, zero. For once, that actually works out for you, because you do well in college. You graduate, you get a decent job, but socially, nothing changes. You try to avoid social gatherings. If you get roped into going to one, you are miserable, because you are invisible. If you try to chat with someone, or if someone tries to chat with you, you can tell in short order they are miserable, because your social skills are so bad. You become socially invisible. You are depressed and miserable. The only time you become visible is if you say something to piss someone off. Then they chew you out, after which you become invisible again.You develop a bad attitude. You start not liking people. You have a nervous breakdown. You end up in a shrink's office. Next thing you know you are locked up in a mental ward at a hospital. They give you Prozac. They tell you you have a chemical imbalance in you brain because you don't socialize enough. They make you attend classes to learn how to socialize. You are forced to socialize with other inmates. Of course it works because it isn't the real world. After 10 days, they tell you you are better. Go home and take your Prozac with you. Back in the real world, nothing changed, because nobody is forced to like you. The Prozac helps for about 6 months, then loses its effectiveness. Shrink doubles your dose. Again, only effective for 6 months. Shrink puts you on Zoloft. Shrink has to increase dosage several times to remain effective. You eventually find yourself on 200mg. / day. Talks with shrink are stupid and ineffective, but costly. Your insurance cuts off coverage, so you boot the shrink, he wasn't helping anyway. Your regular doc can write your scripts. Your on Zoloft for 25 years. You are sad and lonely. You social circle consists three people. You stay at home mostly. You hate to socialize. The only interaction you can get from anybody is for them to bark at you. So you stay invisible, it's your only option. Your miserable and lonely and life sucks. You decide that maybe it's time to catch the bus. Websites tell you it's a permanent solution for a temporary problem. Yah, right!

• Love
Reactions: disfiguredone, Emptiness, Jupiter and 13 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
You try to become part of a group, they cast you aside. You try these things several times with no success. The stark reality becomes excruciatingly clear, you are a social outcast, and nothing is going to change that, You graduate from highschool without ever having touched a girl. Nothing changes in college. You bury yourself in academics, because you have no social life, zero. For once, that actually works out for you, because you do well in college. You graduate, you get a decent job, but socially, nothing changes. You try to avoid social gatherings. If you get roped into going to one, you are miserable, because you are invisible. If you try to chat with someone, or if someone tries to chat with you, you can tell in short order they are miserable, because your social skills are so bad. You become socially invisible. You are depressed and miserable. The only time you become visible is if you say something to piss someone off. Then they chew you out, after which you become invisible again.You develop a bad attitude. You start not liking people. You have a nervous breakdown. You end up in a shrink's office. Next thing you know you are locked up in a mental ward at a hospital. They give you Prozac. They tell you you have a chemical imbalance in you brain because you don't socialize enough. They make you attend classes to learn how to socialize. You are forced to socialize with other inmates. Of course it works because it isn't the real world. After 10 days, they tell you you are better. Go home and take your Prozac with you. Back in the real world, nothing changed, because nobody is forced to like you. You are sad and lonely. You social circle consists three people. You stay at home mostly. You hate to socialize. The only interaction you can get from anybody is for them to bark at you. So you stay invisible, it's your only option. Your miserable and lonely and life sucks. You decide that maybe it's time to catch the bus. Websites tell you it's a permanent solution for a temporary problem. Yah, right!

im sorry about that ,my situation is similar to yours, tho it's mainly my autism that contributes to my depression ,where i also felt some invisibility... I never really had much of a social life, always been in small classes where most of the students where boys ,so i get along better with boys than girls in my opinion.. i had a few friends here and there.. but nothing that lasted... when i was in 13th grade ,after 12th grade that I was really suicidal tho my methods you could say where fairly weird.. unresearched.. and basically panicky... never gone to hospital for them "tiny" methods... at the time i had a ex boyfriend that was really mean and controling.. ofcoors i thought that he'd go back to being nice again, like he usetoo in begining, nothing physical, just words, and plenty of them. Me in 13th grade, finally have a best friend, from my class, and what do you know ? They took him away from me... attending social group just made me more depressed so i left.. these days are not much ,no job yet, just at home for now, and i think to myself what's the point ? If the one thing i couldn't have is getting me depressed ,then maybe it's time to go... As mammy used to say ,"it takes time. you'll find your group of friends. Just be patient." yea, im 22 now, what a joke.. the thing i do not bad is talking to people online but then it hurts me back because they're far far away.... Just wanted to say that i get the pain of socializing, that's all and i wished i could make it better for you so you could feel a little bit happy maybe :(

Reactions: Made4TV, Deafsn0w, sif and 5 others